Reputation score
Re: [RJ132950] Pixel Town: Wild Times @ Akanemachi

Yay! This will be like a late birthday gift for me =]

Tentakuru, thank you so much!

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Oh nice to see it's nearly done. :) You got through it pretty quick, nice job.

Sayathing11

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hoorey :D

Arigatou MR. Translator :D

Although I can't play it right away because 3rd year college starts in the next 2 days, so even though I want to test it for you and report some stuff, I can't lol.
Anyway, gambate senpai!

Edit: Wait, you're also translating the sequel right? the blue haired one?

Last edited:
OP
tentakuru

tentakuru

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Edit: Wait, you're also translating the sequel right? the blue haired one?
I know that was my intention in the original post, but, let's see how I feel once I've finished this one first. The sequel is a much longer game and would take me quite a while, so I fancy having a go at a much smaller title in between, as a change of scenery. I quite fancy doing Prostitute of Magmell.

Anyway, I think I'm done with my first pass! In theory, you should be able to go through the entire game without seeing any Japanese text. So if anyone would like to offer to help proofread my translation, then we can all enjoy a higher quality result.

So if you think you can help, drop me a PM, and I'll sort you out with getting the translated game.

What I need help with finding:
  1. Any untranslated strings in the game I've missed (and where they are)
  2. Any spelling/grammar errors
  3. Any positional errors (text not fitting in the box, etc)

What I already know needs further work (so don't bother telling me):
The text in the H-scenes is all over the place. I know. That's because the speech bubbles are drawn on the screen using co-ordinates based on the text being Japanese and taking up a different amount of space. I also can't use commas in the text because they have special meaning in the script files, so you'll see a lot of messy text like in the attached image. So, I'm really only interested in hearing about these kind of issues outside of the H-scenes.

Attachments

Sayathing11

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

What I need help with finding:
  1. Any untranslated strings in the game I've missed (and where they are)
  2. Any spelling/grammar errors
  3. Any positional errors (text not fitting in the box, etc)
I would like to since I want to test my english but 1st semester will start tomorrow morning though, so I won't be able to give any update in a flash (I would like to help yugi-san too though, wrong timing school, wrong timing )

OP
tentakuru

tentakuru

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Nearly finished now.

I've had some great feedback from my proofreaders, and I've addressed all the issues they've found so far. I've also cleaned up the positioning on the text in half of the H-scenes. The other half will probably take me a week or so to get through at this rate. Once those are done, I'll be ready to distribute my translation to a wider audience.

chiakisan

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I had a pretty awful weekend, so hearing this news was a lone bright spot for me :D

Looking forward to the release!

OP
tentakuru

tentakuru

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Had a spare few hours today, so I got the translation finished!

Instructions

1. Get yourself a . You'll need the latest version, v1.1.1.
  2. Download the , and extract it in an empty directory using the password 'tentakuru'.
  3. From the extracted patch archive, copy the arc_conv.exe file into your game directory. Run it, and a dialog should pop up asking you to select a file. Point it at Data.wolf in the game directory.
  4. This will create a directory called "Data.wolf~". Rename it to just "Data", and rename the original Data.wolf file to something else (like "Data.wolf.bak").
  5. Copy the "Data" directory from the patch folder into the game folder, overwriting the existing files.
  6. Run the game!

I'm doing it this way rather than distributing the translated game so that I don't break the rules of the forum. The patch only contains the translated event data, with none of the game assets. Don't ask me for the original game files, because I won't help you. You'll have to source those yourself.

The ReadMe.txt file which comes with the game will tell you which version you have. I've only tested the patch with v1.1.1, but there's a good chance it'll work with v1.1.0 too because the differences between them are very minor. I wouldn't bother with anything less than v1.1.0 though, because that version introduces the bonus scene in the recollection room.

If you have problems with the above instructions then let me know here in this thread, I'll try to help where I can but hopefully it should be fairly straightforward.

Last edited:

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

This was a nice surprise :) Thanks for all the hard work, and I look forward to trying it tomorrow :)

Bearhook

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Awesome! Can't wait to give this a try. :)

Thanks a lot for your efforts.

1baka

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

another complete translation in just a week! thanks a lot!
i will play it as soon im done playing the other games. and then i will give you my thoughts about the translation!

tillerman123

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the translation.

Enjoyed this game a lot, even if the bestiality scenes weren't my thing.

If you do plan on translating the second game, I look forward to it.

Brassyandclassy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Been having a few problems with applying the translation, even when I run everything in Japanese locale there's random letters before and after each dialogue and the sex scene texts are broken. A quick look at the Data folder says that all the .txt files in the pictures folder have random characters even after extracting the game in Japanese locale. What's up?

EDIT: So it seems that just using AppLocale won't work here, you have to actually set your computer locale to Japanese. Everything is working fine now.
Since I'm here, might as well file a short report. A few of the Dad's lines are mislabelled, instead of having "Dad: [Dialogue]" its "Aya: [Dialogue]". Dunno if the game is like that already or if you can fix it with the translation though.

Last edited:
OP
tentakuru

tentakuru

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

A few of the Dad's lines are mislabelled, instead of having "Dad: [Dialogue]" its "Aya: [Dialogue]". Dunno if the game is like that already or if you can fix it with the translation though.
Could you be any more specific than that? There's a lot of dialog for me to check. Aya does chide her sister at breakfast on more than one occasion, are you sure the lines are supposed to be spoken by the father?

joker901

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the translation.

danceofmany

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the translation. That was a nice game and there weren't any glaring issues with the translation. I do hope you go through with translating the sequel.

Sayathing11

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thanks man!

Key'

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Good work :)!