What's new

Cappy

Reputation score
Re: Hate Thread

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

I hate the fact that If I need to pee, I need to hold it, instead of going in a bush or something.

Before you guy's say "use the restaurant bathroom", that pay to use the restroom thing is real in NYC.

Lucifina

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I hate the fact that If I need to pee, I need to hold it, instead of going in a bush or something.

Before you guy's say "use the restaurant bathroom", that pay to use the restroom thing is real in NYC.
Dumpsters, the bushes of the city.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

90% of the time there's someone going to see you pissing on that bush, so ya can't ;)

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score

What do I hate?

The SOPA bill of 2011 and anything related to it.
You know what, fuck SOPA. What, or who, I really hate is Bryce fucking Papenbrook!

He is such a shitty voice actor who can't emote for shit!:mad:
And who does he play? Nearly every goddamn main character's dub for all of the new shonen anime coming out! He is the reason I completely stopped watching dubbed anime, so I could never hear his goddamn edgy Erin voice again.

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hate contracts that prevent artists from taking commissions.

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hate politician candidate who abusing religion and racist to threaten their opponent ...
not to mention paying punk to make chaos too ... :mad:

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I hate contracts that prevent artists from taking commissions.
Hrm. It would be a stretch even for a non-competition clause, as they'd need to prove that your commissions were competing with their business right?

And any contract that just takes away your ability to do things without a legal basis i.e. "You can't pee in a blue toilet" won't stand up in court. U.S. based at least...

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hrm. It would be a stretch even for a non-competition clause, as they'd need to prove that your commissions were competing with their business right?

And any contract that just takes away your ability to do things without a legal basis i.e. "You can't pee in a blue toilet" won't stand up in court. U.S. based at least...
Utterly wrong, please don't say these things, violating exclusivity contracts can have serious consequences, as annoying as they are for artists.
Pacta sunt servanda

In common english: The pact becomes the legal basis. This is international law.

Its a common myth that you can ignore parts of a contract because they sound unreasonable. If I made a contract with you and paid you never to pee in blue toilets you'd still be in legal violation of the contract if you did, no matter if it was nonsensical or limited your freedom of action or etc. You wouldn't argue that the artist has to not provide any images in exchange for money because that limits their freedom of personhood by forcing them to draw now, would you?
Now, talking about damages done by that breach would be another thing, but I would be entitled to that payment back, potentially all of it, in the case of an artist, the offended party would get some or all of their money back, but the artist not their time.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Utterly wrong, please don't say these things, violating exclusivity contracts can have serious consequences, as annoying as they are for artists.
Correct, however I wasn't operating under the assumption that he was under and exclusivity contract, as I assumed (probably incorrectly) that he wouldn't be foolish enough to accept such a contract should it not provide him with enough compensation to forgo commissions.

Pacta sunt servanda

In common english: The pact becomes the legal basis. This is international law.

Its a common myth that you can ignore parts of a contract because they sound unreasonable. If I made a contract with you and paid you never to pee in blue toilets you'd still be in legal violation of the contract if you did, no matter if it was nonsensical or limited your freedom of action or etc.
Sure, but that's the actual thing you're paying me for. However if it's an additional clause...?

I mean, if that's the case you can just put any nonsense in a contract and get away with it.

Let's take this to the extreme. I don't read a contract well enough and there's a clause that says "your heart may not beat", I perform whatever service I've been contracted for (let's say building a house) but my heart beats during the fulfillment of my duties (the house gets finished) would any court uphold this clause?

You wouldn't argue that the artist has to not provide any images in exchange for money because that limits their freedom of personhood by forcing them to draw now, would you?
Well, I'd try really hard to argue that the artist needs to take on commission work because if they don't it would be dangerous to their health. Not for the money mind, that is only a by-product of an obsession that unfulfilled would pose a threat to their health. (lol fuck me, I'm like the scum-baggiest lawyer ever)

Of course, I'd also advise my client to not get caught in the future. Pretty goddamn hard to prove that you've made an art-piece if you don't sign the damn thing, advertise under an alias, and take cash only.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Let's take this to the extreme. I don't read a contract well enough and there's a clause that says "your heart may not beat", I perform whatever service I've been contracted for (let's say building a house) but my heart beats during the fulfillment of my duties (the house gets finished) would any court uphold this clause?
Not a good faith stipulation, this part is void.

Well, I'd try really hard to argue that the artist needs to take on commission work because if they don't it would be dangerous to their health.
Man, Just say 'whoops, didn't know that'

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

I hate it when my laptop dies cause of hardware death.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I hate it when my laptop dies cause of hardware death.
Try that one plus you were writing a pron game while at it and even if you make backups, can't save it all.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Not a good faith stipulation, this part is void.
So parts created with the intention of avoiding payment from the beginning are invalid?

Man, Just say 'whoops, didn't know that'
And in civil litigation ignorance can be used as defense? Every cop on TV says that "I didn't know it wasn't legal" isn't a legal defense in criminal cases, so I figured that would apply here as well.