What's new

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Hate Thread

It just looks and feels wrong. I prefer Windows. Anyway, not my PC so I can't go around installing different OSs on it. Plus, like I said, I'm trying to avoid a full re-installation. I guess I'll just have to deal with it until it gets worse and I inevitably have to reinstall Windows again. Besides, knowing my luck I'd probably get something on that other OS anyway. Wish you would've told me it was an OS before I wasted a disc though. XD
Sigh. If you do happen to run into some new, godlike, and free malware removal software that can magically remove everything bad from my PC and stop my Browser target location from changing every time I fix it, and maybe also make me a muffin while it's at it, then please, let me know. :p Otherwise, thanks for your help. I appreciate the effort.
Try Malwarebytes, should help in most cases.
As for Ccleaner and similar, you can uninstall that, it's pretty much shit and can do more harm than good xD
But if you want more protection, you can mix malwarebytes with Kaspersky. There shouldn't be any issue with both running, but this may vary depending on version.
Though latest KasperskyIS and MalwarebytesAM aren't creating any issues for me.
But generally: anti-malware + anti-virus -> should be fine
anti-virus + anti-virus -> you are going into a world full of pain xD

ponyguy3000

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Try Malwarebytes, should help in most cases.
As for Ccleaner and similar, you can uninstall that, it's pretty much shit and can do more harm than good xD
But if you want more protection, you can mix malwarebytes with Kaspersky. There shouldn't be any issue with both running, but this may vary depending on version.
Though latest KasperskyIS and MalwarebytesAM aren't creating any issues for me.
But generally: anti-malware + anti-virus -> should be fine
anti-virus + anti-virus -> you are going into a world full of pain xD
Tried Malwarebytes. Pirated a working premium version. Did a full scan of every drive. Took over two hours. It found nothing. According to most anti-malware programs I've used, this PC should be more or less clean. And yet my Browser's target location still keeps being changed to so (DOT) wnoyng (DOT) cn/?r=x&m=LG001. Which means every time I open my Browser it opens on some Chinese website called Hao123 or something like that. (Removed the periods so I wouldn't accidentally link that shit to someone.)

I don't have the biggest luck with Kaspersky. I'd rather not have any anti-virus program constantly running in the background. This PC is a hunk of junk. It can't handle that. Slows it down too much. It needs all the speed it can get 'cause it has to convert DVD and other files constantly. I know prevention is the smart thing. But it's sadly not a viable option for me. We don't even update our Windows because it slows shit down. Also, because last time we did it, it ''upgraded'' to Windows 10 without even asking me. Leave my 7 alone, Windows! It's perfect as it is! Keep your 10 garbage away from me!

So, yeah, not the smartest way to take care of my PC. I know. Never said this infection wasn't our fault. We download a lot of files daily and yet don't have any protection. It was probably the fault of that YouTube Downloader shit my dad installed. It was the thing that got detected the most by most of the anti-malware programs. So I removed every trace of it I could find. Didn't help though. Or maybe it's one of my many hentai games that I download. Who knows? But it is what it is. Protection is not an option. Only removal. And if I can't remove it then I guess that's just that. I gotta live with the consequences. It could be worse though. At least it isn't actually breaking anything on my PC... yet. Actually I almost broke it by trying to fix this. Somehow broke the Internet and the ability to hide files. It was probably the fault of that ComboFix thing. Luckily I was able to reverse the damage. I think. Everything seems to be working. Sigh. This is what happens when an idiot like me, who has no tech experience, tries to do tech shit. I barely know how to run CD-LabelPrint and Nero or browse the Internet. I shouldn't be messing with this shit.

Thank you for your suggestions though. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm ungrateful to any of you. I really do appreciate all the advice. I'd rather get help and have it not work, or be optimal for me, than not get help and stew in my own ignorance over the problem.

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Tried Malwarebytes. Pirated a working premium version. Did a full scan of every drive. Took over two hours. It found nothing. According to most anti-malware programs I've used, this PC should be more or less clean. And yet my Browser's target location still keeps being changed to so (DOT) wnoyng (DOT) cn/?r=x&m=LG001. Which means every time I open my Browser it opens on some Chinese website called Hao123 or something like that. (Removed the periods so I wouldn't accidentally link that shit to someone.)

I don't have the biggest luck with Kaspersky. I'd rather not have any anti-virus program constantly running in the background. This PC is a hunk of junk. It can't handle that. Slows it down too much. It needs all the speed it can get 'cause it has to convert DVD and other files constantly. I know prevention is the smart thing. But it's sadly not a viable option for me. We don't even update our Windows because it slows shit down. Also, because last time we did it, it ''upgraded'' to Windows 10 without even asking me. Leave my 7 alone, Windows! It's perfect as it is! Keep your 10 garbage away from me!

So, yeah, not the smartest way to take care of my PC. I know. Never said this infection wasn't our fault. We download a lot of files daily and yet don't have any protection. It was probably the fault of that YouTube Downloader shit my dad installed. It was the thing that got detected the most by most of the anti-malware programs. So I removed every trace of it I could find. Didn't help though. Or maybe it's one of my many hentai games that I download. Who knows? But it is what it is. Protection is not an option. Only removal. And if I can't remove it then I guess that's just that. I gotta live with the consequences. It could be worse though. At least it isn't actually breaking anything on my PC... yet. Actually I almost broke it by trying to fix this. Somehow broke the Internet and the ability to hide files. It was probably the fault of that ComboFix thing. Luckily I was able to reverse the damage. I think. Everything seems to be working. Sigh. This is what happens when an idiot like me, who has no tech experience, tries to do tech shit. I barely know how to run CD-LabelPrint and Nero or browse the Internet. I shouldn't be messing with this shit.

Thank you for your suggestions though. I hope it doesn't seem like I'm ungrateful to any of you. I really do appreciate all the advice. I'd rather get help and have it not work, or be optimal for me, than not get help and stew in my own ignorance over the problem.
Those are some scary and worrying things you said xD
Kinda don't want to spam hate thread with tech support, as it can go on and on, so I will just say this:
You sure you are using chrome (assuming) and not something that looks like chrome? Happens from time to time. Go check shortcut address and where it's pointing.
Also, go on tech support forum and ask around, there is a huge chance of resolving your issues easily and setting simple prevention methods, even without antivirus.
Plus... Malwarebytes is free for scanning, and it's quite shitty with real-time protection, so come on :p

Also, W10 is better in terms of performance than W7, but apparently my PC is magical and it's like that only for me (and other PCs that I touched, so calling bs) :p

ponyguy3000

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Those are some scary and worrying things you said xD
Kinda don't want to spam hate thread with tech support, as it can go on and on, so I will just say this:
You sure you are using chrome (assuming) and not something that looks like chrome? Happens from time to time. Go check shortcut address and where it's pointing.
Also, go on tech support forum and ask around, there is a huge chance of resolving your issues easily and setting simple prevention methods, even without antivirus.
Plus... Malwarebytes is free for scanning, and it's quite shitty with real-time protection, so come on :p

Also, W10 is better in terms of performance than W7, but apparently my PC is magical and it's like that only for me (and other PCs that I touched, so calling bs) :p
I'm not using Chrome. Don't like Chrome. I use Firefox. And it is actually Firefox. Shortcut leads to the right folder and everything. It's just the damn shortcut target that keeps getting changed. Tried resetting it to default state and it still fixed nothing.
I don't know where to start with tech support forums, man. There's so many. And most of them already have people with the same issues I have. And I tried everything they suggested. But it just doesn't help.
I think it's best I stop while I'm ahead. Not that I feel like I'm ahead. I've already caused enough damage to this PC trying to fix it. Just ran some kind of dll issue scanning program too and it detected a whole bunch of missing registry, file path and dll issues. Unfortunately I need to buy the damn thing to fix that. Hopefully nothing too important is gone. But if so, a clean reinstall of the system will deal with that.
I know the scanning is free. But scanning doesn't help me. If all it's gonna do is tell me what the issue is but not fix it, then what is it good for? Besides, it's easy to reinstall, should I ever need it. Right now, the only issue is the Browser shortcut target changing itself. It's annoying and I'd give my left nut to get rid of it, but at least it's not slowing down the PC or worse. Everything still works more or less how it should. Again, if there's any damage it was most likely caused by me using programs I know nothing about.

That's fair. That might be the case. But I personally find its appearance very unappealing. And my father had issues installing certain programs on it. So we decided to go back to 7. Plus, I think HF pAppLocale doesn't work on Windows 10. And I need that for my h-games, man. I need them. I need my fix. :p

Anyway, I agree that we probably shouldn't spam this thread with this anymore. Honestly didn't even think people would jump to help me so willingly. I was just venting and boom, suddenly I have advice thrown at me left and right. Feels good. Once again, thank you for your help. :)

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

It's just the damn shortcut target that keeps getting changed.
This will keep happening until your malware/crap is removed
OR
fake firefox wiped.

I don't know where to start with tech support forums, man. There's so many.

Good enough, just write down everything related, see what extra info they need (scan logs, etc, [NEVER GIVE passwords, logins, mails, etc, NEVER]). And ask for step-by step help mixed with simple to understand analogies, so more or less you know what you are doing and why. This kind of combo seems to help people that aren't so good with computers. I do it all the time.

Just ran some kind of dll issue scanning program too and it detected a whole bunch of missing registry, file path and dll issues.
Same as Ccleaner, it's shit.
Proper way to deal with dll libraries is 'sfc /scannow' with admin privileges command line.

I know the scanning is free. But scanning doesn't help me.
After scanning it fixes issues, mostly after restart.
That's fair. That might be the case. But I personally find its appearance very unappealing.
Not arguing, I like it, but it's a person to person thing :D
And my father had issues installing certain programs on it. So we decided to go back to 7.
That may happen, sometimes even compatibility mode fails, understandable.
Plus, I think HF pAppLocale doesn't work on Windows 10. And I need that for my h-games, man. I need them. I need my fix. :p
It doesn't, NTLEAS does, guide in my sig if you ever need that on w8/10 :p
Anyway, I agree that we probably shouldn't spam this thread with this anymore. Honestly didn't even think people would jump to help me so willingly. I was just venting and boom, suddenly I have advice thrown at me left and right. Feels good. Once again, thank you for your help. :)
Says as he gives negrep xD
Or it may be a special one, that's why it's red xD
Error happens, let it stay, it's funny and I like it, don't worry :D (also, I prefer error negrep rather than hate negrep as my first one xD).
But yeah, enough spamming, if you want to ask anything or something, feel free to spam me with PMs :]

ponyguy3000

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

This will keep happening until your malware/crap is removed
Well, according to Malwarebytes, there's none. So I guess I'm just crazy and imagining it. XD

Thanks. I'll be sure to ask them for help next time I gotta deal with this. But for now I've lost enough nerves. I need some sleep. Haven't had proper rest in five days.

Proper way to deal with dll libraries is 'sfc /scannow' with admin privileges command line.
I don't even know what that is. But thanks. XD

It doesn't, NTLEAS does, guide in my sig if you ever need that on w8/10 :p
Yes, I saw your guide. Very helpful. If we ever lose Windows 7 and are forced to use 10, your guide will be much appreciated.

Says as he gives negrep xD
Or it may be a special one, that's why it's red xD
Error happens, let it stay, it's funny and I like it, don't worry :D (also, I prefer error negrep rather than hate negrep as my first one xD).
But yeah, enough spamming, if you want to ask anything or something, feel free to spam me with PMs :]
Wait, what? I gave you neg rep? Really? I could've sworn I gave you positive rep. Weird. How did it even work? Every time I rep someone they tell me my rep is grey. But the one time I accidentally neg rep someone it's red? Rotten luck.
Should I need anything I'll be sure to PM you. Thanks.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

1. Win 10 is an STD your computer catches if you go online without using the proper protection.

2. Easiest solution for fixing your problem is to take a day, format your hard-drive and then re-install everything. Yes, you will lose any files you haven't backed up (elsewhere) but this will ensure the infection is removed, will be far less of a headache, and may actually eat up less of your time than hunting down and purging the infection.

3. If you're dead-set on taking the hard way. Google a prominent feature of the problem. I plugged the address you gave me into google annnd got a bunch of shit... lol DON'T DO THIS one of the addresses is infected and even google's cache of it is infected (pcthreatskiller).

Anyway it looks like the thing created batch files in your %AppData% to fuck with your browsers (These will keep undoing any changes you make) so delete those fuckin things right away. As a matter of fact, I'd just erase everything in the %AppData% sub-directories (inside of the local, locallow and roaming folders for each user) to be safe, you'll lose settings, preferences, saved passwords, saved games, but otherwise you'd have to know what you're actually looking for. I'm not figuring that out for you, and it doesn't seem like you can do it for yourself, not to mention that you've probably got multiple infections hiding in there. Google how to get to the %AppData% if you don't know how.

4. Or you can go to the aforementioned forum and hope someone knows how to fix your problem and is willing to help.

5. Don't download free programs from places you don't implicitly turst.

ponyguy3000

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

2. Easiest solution for fixing your problem is to take a day, format your hard-drive and then re-install everything. Yes, you will lose any files you haven't backed up (elsewhere) but this will ensure the infection is removed, will be far less of a headache, and may actually eat up less of your time than hunting down and purging the infection.
I guess we'll just do that then. Whenever my dad feels up to it. He's the one who does the re-installs.

3. If you're dead-set on taking the hard way. Google a prominent feature of the problem. I plugged the address you gave me into google annnd got a bunch of shit... lol DON'T DO THIS one of the addresses is infected and even google's cache of it is infected (pcthreatskiller).

Anyway it looks like the thing created batch files in your %AppData% to fuck with your browsers (These will keep undoing any changes you make) so delete those fuckin things right away. As a matter of fact, I'd just erase everything in the %AppData% sub-directories (inside of the local, locallow and roaming folders for each user) to be safe, you'll lose settings, preferences, saved passwords, saved games, but otherwise you'd have to know what you're actually looking for. I'm not figuring that out for you, and it doesn't seem like you can do it for yourself, not to mention that you've probably got multiple infections hiding in there. Google how to get to the %AppData% if you don't know how.
Googling it was the first thing I did. I tried everything the sites I got suggested, including trying to find and delete the batch files, but I was unsuccessful. There don't seem to be any.
Wait, I can just delete everything in those folders? Really? I thought that would break the computer or something. Shows how much I know.

Anyway, it's not PC breaking as of right now and I don't have the energy left to deal with this. So I'll just leave it. Dad says if it gets worse we'll just re-install and that's that. Thank you for your help.
And sorry for wasting everyone's time and spamming this thread.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hate it when some fucking moron with a masculinity issue tries to argue with me, an actual Scandinavian, about how Vikings were. They've played For Honor and listened to Folk Metal and maybe read some wildly exaggerated blogs online written by someone who "doesn't trust mainstream academia" or is "into Neopaganism" or whatever.

I genuinely had someone argue with me that the majority of Norse people weren't farmers, but survived primarily by pillaging. That's literally not possible in a pre-industrial world.

I love vikings, and I've read a ton of sagas, but I also like learning about the actual, living human beings behind the tales. You know, family relations, inheritance rights, legal processes, architecture, artwork, trade, etc. But no, some schmuck has got a hard-on for some Victorian-era/Hollywood fantasy, so I clearly have some kind of muslim-loving agenda (they *always* bring up Muslims. They *love* talking about Muslims) and cuck, etc.

Oooooph... yeah, just a wee rant, really.

Last edited:

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

I really hate windows 10 updates, and I REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE DELL UPDATES!!!

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I fucking hate that mindset that's showing up in nyaa thread.
FFS...
Where is my salt, I need to throw more xD

ponyguy3000

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

While we're on the subject of Nyaa, I hate that Nyaa is gone.
It hasn't even been a year since I found that site, and now it is taken from me.
Why have the Hentai Gods forsaken us? Damn you, universe! Why must you take everything that is holy away from us?! :(

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Apparently quite a few torrent sites are being taken down, should be a couple new ones soonish... Should :eek:. Wonder if we'll get some more members from that part of the Internet!

And ugh, hate being so tired and passing out on transit :/

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I hate being colorblind...

So, now that I realized what is what, let me say I fucked up.

@ponyguy3000 Sorry, I assumed that what was pink (which was grey actually) was negrep. So no, you didn't accidentally do that, I fucked up xD
Now that I got comparison and got that explained it makes sense.
So yeah, again, sorry.

Still looks pink to me though.

I know, it's small shit, but I am like that and can't help it xD

ponyguy3000

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I hate being colorblind...

So, now that I realized what is what, let me say I fucked up.

@ponyguy3000 Sorry, I assumed that what was pink (which was grey actually) was negrep. So no, you didn't accidentally do that, I fucked up xD
Now that I got comparison and got that explained it makes sense.
So yeah, again, sorry.

Still looks pink to me though.

I know, it's small shit, but I am like that and can't help it xD
It's alright. No harm done. I'm just glad I didn't actually neg rep you on accident. Although, now I'm bothered that my goddamn positive reps are still grey. Curse this system. Let me share my appreciation for people, dammit.

Cappy

Reputation score

Huh, wonder what the system is correcting for

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Huh, wonder what the system is correcting for
It'd make sense if you just couldn't rep until you had enough rep "influence", keep the "pls send games" only users out, but apparently can still neg rep others even while giving greys...

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

It'd make sense if you just couldn't rep until you had enough rep "influence", keep the "pls send games" only users out, but apparently can still neg rep others even while giving greys...
Okay that makes no sense. If you have less 1 rep, then you can't give negatives. (Negatives are half your rep power.) Also there's many people who are past 10 bars and still give greys. Lol this is crazy. XD

Also I hate amber alerts on my I phone.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Okay that makes no sense. If you have less 1 rep, then you can't give negatives. (Negatives are half your rep power.) Also there's many people who are past 10 bars and still give greys. Lol this is crazy. XD

Also I hate amber alerts on my I phone.
It'll be a phantom neg rep 0_0. But for the greys, maybe it's time based now?

And eh, they send amber alerts to phones in the US? We get good ol' news and radio announcements :S.