What's new

RPG [Alice Soft] Rance Quest

Rin Umiko

Reputation score

A bit too late, but it's out on hongfire.

Haven't tried it myself, so no comment yet. But it's Rance after all, expect some epic raping.

Direct download links (by girlcelly)

Sound track

or torrent

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Crossbow1701

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Rance Quest

any info you can give?

Suranis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Is this the very first one?
Well, i can't see Sil (his slave) anywhere on the screen...
Anyway I'll download it, thanks for sharing Rin :)

OP
Rin Umiko

Rin Umiko

Reputation score

This is the newest game in the Rance series (for people who haven't played any game in the series, I suggest playing at least Sengoku Rance)

The story is, after fulfilling his heroic deed(?) of uniting JAPAN, Rance went back to the main continent, in search for a cure for his lover(?). Or at least he intended to do so....

The system this time is dungeon crawling. You choose a quest, get thrown into a dungeon, go through the event points and complete the quest. In town, you can visit the shop to buy equipments, choose party members, and do other "things". Like the name suggests, all the story progress is made from doing quests. Some quests don't require you to go into a dungeon (some don't even have any battle).

According to the manual, you can make custom characters too (haven't tried that, so no comment).

Nanie

Lurker
Reputation score

Question. Why did this thread mysteriously vanish and re emerge?

SoulBreaka

Cthulhu
Reputation score

so whats the chance of this getting translated like the renewed 2nd rance game? Only person from rance 2 is tomato purree T.T

Anatolj

Demon Girl
Reputation score

so whats the chance of this getting translated like the renewed 2nd rance game? Only person from rance 2 is tomato purree T.T
There are some people who have decided that they will translate the new Rance game, i'm awaiting that translate, started to play with the game but it's simply to complicated for someone who dosen't know Japanese.

Anatolj

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Question. Why did this thread mysteriously vanish and re emerge?
It were either the space squirles from the planet Yugot on the ass of Chtulu.
Or the admins deleted for reasons we can't fathom, and Rin was bit of a rebel to post it again.

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, they did translate the trial version of the game, which can be found , I haven't messed with it too much personally but it's mostly to see if your pc is capable of running the game.

Nanie

Lurker
Reputation score

If you are willing to give it a shot, the game is fairly playable without knowing what things say. Maybe it's because I somehow was able to play Kichikou Rance, but I've been playing this one and making notes. I should update my notes as I go on, and I will just randomly update this post with the updated notes.

Notes
Rance Quest Location Notes

13 = Alice's Mansion (Saves)
16 = City Bar (Recruit?)
25 = First Level
26 = Dungeon
36 = City
83 = Assigned a mission from the boss from Rance 1 (Wait, we in Custom now?) Gotta harvest purple balls from these like grape/caviar hammerhead pig things.
86 = Field event where you pick up green event tokens and kill baseball bat guys until you hit a red encounter token.
114 = Cultist Dungeon? Boss fight with golden armored caped bat dog demon thing that hits like 500's, and resists tons of damage.

Random Notes:
Sometimes a green event icon will force you to encounter a single bunny girl to some upbeat music. Kill her immediately, she grants a level up essentially to all party members.

At the end of a quest or dungeon or whatever, you must click the button beside the items you have found which are unidentified. The first one you identify will cost 100 gold, and it will raise to 200 on the next and so forth. If you do not identify this gear, it will be thrown in the garbage apparently.

After you complete a map, your zoom bar in the top right will be unlocked. Set that to as far as possible for things to be much simpler.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Does anyone know the progress of the translation on this game is going? Or if it's going on at all?

Personally (speaking from a nerdly-pervert's point of view), I think the game's H-content is just as important as every detail in the game itself INCLUDING the story. Cause if ur going to spend time playing an H-game, why not enjoy the story if it's good? I cannot read Jap at all, so I would love to understand the game and the dialog because anyone can just get through the game with the wiki-guide.

So if someone can, please answer the first question please.

Cortharn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Its called the Rance Translation Project. The same group of people responsible for translating the first and second of the series. They would have finished the third as well, but the translator with all their work vanished when it was almost done, and its been scratched for now.

Last update had them at 1.5% or so. It would have been 3% but the Magnum expansion pretty much doubled the work required. Its going slow but steady, but they dont have as many people as they would like, so yeah. Dont expect it be finished any time soon.

Last edited:

Hikikomori Gamer

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Its called the Rance Translation Project. The same group of people responsible for translating the first and second of the series. They would have finished the third as well, but the translator with all their work vanished when it was almost done, and its been scratched for now.

Last update had them at 1.5% or so. It would have been 3% but the Magnum expansion pretty much doubled the work required. Its going slow but steady, but they dont have as many people as they would like, so yeah. Dont expect it be finished any time soon.

The plan was to translate Rance 3 before starting on Rance 8(Quest), but the person doing Rance 3 lost all his data when coming close to the end. So 4 and 8 have been started, but that's the news we had outside of that.

arkol

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

is that in English or not?

after beat the game Rance 7 (finally0 -_-) want to know about Sill trapped in ice cube

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Updates every sunday, currently most translation effort is toward Kichikou Rance as the main translators seem to be doing things chronologically now (so expect Rance 5D after that followed by Rance 6 etc)

In short though, Rance Quest won't be translated for at least another year.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

thank you arkol for ruining one of the games for me. please go die in the nearest fire.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

thank you arkol for ruining one of the games for me. please go die in the nearest fire.
If you're playing a sequel, and you're expecting no spoilers for its prequel, you're going to have a bad time.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If something like this RUINS a game for you, then you have some serious issues (add to that your absurd overreaction) go get help. Really.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Does anyone have download links or torrents for this?

preferably the latest version with the addon, but...

My ISP is blocking torrent sites.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

asking again (several months later) does anybody have a link to this game?