What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score
Re: Frequently Asked Questions and Problems

I wanted to replay ring of lust(chinese rpgmaker game), so i started the shortcut hooked to applocale and aght, as i always did and always worked, but instead this time i get this error:

---------------------------
淫魔戒指
・ケ・ッ・・ラ・ネ 'piantou' 、ホ 3 ミミトソ、ヌ Errno::ENOENT 、ャーkノ妤キ、゙、キ、ソ。」

No such file or directory - Graphics/Pictures/警告

警告 is the first image in the game, the red writing on black background before the title.
Now, i know for sure i didn't change anything in the game directory and checking i see that the path is effectively correct and the image is properly named, so i try to run the game from the game.exe and it works i can play the game normally with the normal errors that come from using the wrong locale settings. I tryed starting directly from applocale instead of the shortcut, but i still get the same error, so i guess the problem lies in applocale, opinions?

Hand Solo

Demon Girl
Reputation score

@perfectlydunce:

Here is what I had to do to get the RPGMaker games to work:

For Wine on Linux:
Download=>install the "ja_JP" unicode language pack(s). Make sure you have some variation of "utf8" installed. You can check this by typing "locale -a" at the command line. Once that is done, type this in the command line: "LANG=ja_JP.utf8(or whatever you see in 'locale -a') wine /location/of/the/rpgmaker.exe". You MUST install RPGMaker in the Japanese locale for it to work.

For Windows 7:
Go here: . Install RPGMaker AFTER this step to make sure that Japanese locale will be used.

For a lot of the Japanese games, I only needed to select the "Language for Non-Unicode programs" option without having to change anything else on my system--including base locale. I can not remember about RPGMaker though. I would try that first, if it doesn't work, then change the rest of the system's locale to Japanese.

Also make sure that you use the version listed in there error. In this case, it is RPGMaker2000. Hope this helps.

KaedeKisaragi

Reputation score

I'm having problems, over all, with SWFPlayer, which I used to prefer for running my .swf games. The problem I'm having? Well, missing graphics. For example, if I'm playing Fifi's Fury, the options menu has nothing written, just void gray buttons. And when I arrive in the final level, Max's giant mecha is invisible, but Max isn't.

Other example? A more recent one, I went to play Cracklevania... And not only was the text gone mostly (score isn't gone) but THE WHIP is gone, and it's not just graphically gone, its gone gone! I can only attack with subweapons, the whip itself isn't detected!

When I play the same files on a browser, however, it works out fine... But somedays I'm jsut too lazy and just wanna fast forward a frame or two in the game, so I'd like some assistance. I got no clue what happened, SWFPlayer used to work just fine.

Moonchaos

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Hard to say whats the mainproblem, but you schould try a stand alone swf player like Adobe Flashplayer 10 (stand alone).

WhereAmI

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've found all these quite useful, ISO had me stumped for a long time.

Crossbow1701

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Ok so my old computer died on me and i'm trying to put applocale on my new one. When i download the application i try to put it on the computer but it gives me a error that i don't have the right window installer package. but when i check my computer updates i have the most reason package so i don't know why it won't download onto the new computer can anyone help. Or to make it simple can someone zip there applocale and post it here or to send a private message to me so that i won't have to download the program from the website. thanks.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Not sure whether anyone's actually tried this before, but anyway here's my question;

Is it possible to run Japanese unicode on one profile and have your main profile as the default? The reason why I'm asking is because once I get my PC I intend on having all my smut on a separate profile if possible.

OP
P

Pakars

Lurker
Reputation score

Not sure whether anyone's actually tried this before, but anyway here's my question;

Is it possible to run Japanese unicode on one profile and have your main profile as the default? The reason why I'm asking is because once I get my PC I intend on having all my smut on a separate profile if possible.
I believe so. Regional language is a user setting, not an administrative setting, if I remember correctly.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Actually, from my experiance, you can't. You can have the language format different (I think), but that's just like, how your clock display is formatted, what the currency symbol is and so on. The System Locale which is what you need to change for Japanese games is the same for all accounts on that computer and can only be changed by restarting.

However, I have found that you don't need to restart to be able to play Japanese RPGMaker games, but havn't found any other games that are like this yet. Just change the System Locale and hit cancel or restart later when it asks you to restart and start the game up. Should work.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Well that sucks and completely throws my plans out of the window. Ah well, guess I could just have an account for h-games and just restart the computer when I want to play them.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Well, one option is to use a virtual machine to install another copy of whatever Windows you want, set that to Japanese and run that when you want to play hentai games, but they can be finiky to use sometimes.

There's a few free virtual machine programs out there, I used one recently, forget the name though. You would also need a valid copy of Windows to install on it.

Xol

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Wasn't sure where else to ask this, but... will AGTH work on flash games? If not, is there something that will do the same thing?

Roadkill007

Sex Demon
Reputation score

hey guys does anyone still have the translator aggregator 4.4? I tried to get the new 4.8 but it's causing all my games to crash, and now I'm out of translators lol >.>;

Draggoon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Japanese language settings with no win xp cd

I have archivum winrar with files to install japanese unicode and regional setting without using win xp cd... If any1 interested plz pm me... file have ~200 mb
I've just uploaded it to mediafire
If need tutorial how install i might help with it but not today :D

Last edited:

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Japanese language settings with no win xp cd

Best hentai game ever!

Draggoon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This is not game xD but not everyone have cd with windows to install japanese regional settings just like me... Thus i uploaded files so everyone who HAVE NOT cd with windows can play ALL games...I long searched for this pack so i dont wish comments like that ... if this not thread for this forum tell me directly... or something

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Actually, this board is the most suitable one for this thread. It's hentai-game related, and we don't have a support board. So +rep to you uploader. And tsk tsk to you Iggy.