What's new

[WIP - Full] Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twiner34ern

Reputation score
OK, three posts in a row on computer stuff means this is getting a bit out of hand now. This thread isn't supposed to be about computer hardware, so while I appreciate the advice, the issue was essentially already diagnosed at the time of my previous post i.e. PSU related, although I couldn't say exactly what. A new PSU is in place now, the old PSU will be returned as Faulty/Not as Described (i.e. it's a 750W PSU that doesn't power a 400W system) and while I need to give it some time to be certain the issue is fixed, things which caused the issue within seconds with the old PSU seem to run without issue now.

So back on topic people. Speaking of which, I'm pencilling in a proper progress update of some form next week (i.e. around the 26th-27th). This should be more substantial than the previous progress updates, and I should have a good handle on when the final patch will be released by then.
It's okay, what's 3 extra posts to 33 full pages of bullshiting?

Seipher

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So is there some place to keep up to date on how JapeTrans is going?

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
No, not at present. It's not really a very quantifiable thing, unfortunately, because programming a tool such as this tends to feel like "this is working great - oh, hang on, never mind". Anyhow, update time. I'm in the final stage of testing JapeTrans and making sure it all works. The rule I was following is that I'm not going to post new screenshots until I'm certain that I have functional tools and everything works. I'm not quite at that stage yet - Christmas being a thing that this year required a little more time and effort than previous years due to various circumstances. But the tools are in pretty good shape; they patch the game, and everything seems to work. I just want to be sure that everything does indeed work, and JapeTrans always technically modifies the game (most notably by regularising Ruby strings i.e. converting everything to a double quoted string) so testing that everything works is a bit more complicated than it was with RPGMaker Trans.

But I'm definitely approaching the end of this malarky. The next scheduled update for this project will be the 2̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶J̶a̶n̶u̶a̶r̶y̶ 5th of January.
And a late Merry Christmas for those who celebrate such things.

(Edit: putting the update a few days back because of reasons)

Last edited:

MyNameIsHawk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
merry christmast habisain, hopefull you repair your computer and get ready for the last day of year

gungoody

Reputation score
Hello habisain!
I have tried to play your work and it's really cool, Thanks for the translation.
I'll look forward to the next patch!

Reputation score
It's not really a very quantifiable thing, unfortunately, because programming a tool such as this tends to feel like "this is working great - oh, hang on, never mind".
Now this I fully understand. Programming is definitely like that.

Though this sentiment might be a bit late: don't tire yourself out too much during the holidays, habisain. A little more waiting on our end won't kill us.

Renestrae

Devious Succubus
Reputation score
Sorry for bumping, we were supposed to at least hear what's going on a week ago now though :/

MyNameIsHawk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sorry for bumping, we were supposed to at least hear what's going on a week ago now though :/
relax my dude, more painfull is the wait for half -life 3.

i can wait a couple of years more if that is what it takes, and will really happy the font comic sans is used in some point of the game

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Whoops. I did say I'd update on the 5th, didn't I? Apologies, but I simply forgot. There's been a number of gremlins frustrating progress - mostly logistical (I was away from my main PC for a week). That's more or less sorted now though, although I seem to have a weird technical gremlin on that machine now (on the off chance, if anyone knows the ins and outs of why GRUB2 might crash only in UEFI mode when connected by a Displayport cable - but not HDMI - please feel free to PM me).

I shall try to update in a bit more detail on the 20th 27th.

@MyNameIsHawk Due to legal reasons, I do not believe I can use Comic Sans.

Edit: I originally put 20th for the next update, but I've had a very busy week at work. It should calm down a bit next week, so expect something then.
Edit2: Work did not calm down, so I'm still not able to put aside time to write things up. There has been progress, but a report will have to wait a little bit.

Last edited:
Reputation score
Inappropriate behavior, don't harass translators.
You know what? If you didnt picked this up, somebody might have translated this instead and would have been finished by now. Its been i think a year or so and all you keep telling is this date and that date bla bla stop with the bullshitting will ya, i know youre doing it for free but doing promises that you never really give a fuck about? Thats just plain bullshitting at this point, just drop this and focus on your rpgtranslatorwhatshit.

Chaussettes

Lurker
Reputation score
Inappropriate behavior, don't harass translators.
I've been feeling like the dude just ahead of me for a while now. I don't understand this topic. Started on december 2015. 2015. Literally more than 3 years ago. So I'm not someone that hangs here often, but from time to time I like to come here and see what new games are being translated (or not). It has been that way for the past 2 years now.

And I honestly don't understand this topic. It has no meaning. You just talk, but there's nothing. If only the game was huge, I could understand it would take you a lot of time, but it's not the case. It's not a small game but it's not a big one either. It doesn't even look that good. It looks ok. So not really a revolution in the world of h games. I know you're doing this on your free time, and you're not earning any money, but that doesn't save you from some criticism. If you're not doing it, just drop it, I'm pretty sure no one would be mad. But it's getting quite annoying to see that topic in front page everytime for nothing.
He's right. Maybe if you didn't take it someone would have and have done it in 6-12 months.

Garif

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yeah I said it some time ago but I say it again. People on this forum should not be surprised that many translators are leaving. There are so many translators that put a lot of work into the games for free and expect only a thanks in return and now some guys are saying that they damage the project because somebody else would have translated it already? Seriously? How many h games are translated right now, maybe 1%?

He doesn't owe us anything, habisaincould just leave the project right now, and we should still be thankful for what we have got and it's not like there are other people who would have liked to translate it instead. The whole project just steals his time, and he only gets shit in return, you should really be ashamed.

I wish as well that the translation would be done already and yeah habisain delays the delays of the delays at a point that I just wish that we wouldn't get any more dates. But there is a right way to communicate this and a wrong way and right now this only leads to the translation being canceled like many other translations before. Besides, it's not like he doesn´t say what's going on in his real life right now.

Last edited:
OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Look, for anyone who doen't want to follow this topic, no-one's making you. When it's released the title will change, and I'm sure you'll be able to work out the project's been released without actually looking at anything inside the topic. And you might not think that there's anything important going on here, but I have had a lot of useful discussion on the project, especially with regards to how certain things should be translated.

As to could someone else have taken this project? Yeah, sure, I suppose. But when this project started, there were a lot fewer translators around. And there's still not that many translators who do full game projects, especially when considering the number of games that deserve translations. So perhaps someone could have done it, but it seems pretty unlikely.

Could I have handled the communication better? Probably. My life hasn't been as stable as I would like it to be (due to the political situation in the UK: academics have already been hit pretty badly by Brexit, which means my employment is much more precarious than it was, and is likely to deteriorate further), which has sapped the amount of time I can spend on this project, and I've been very bad at anticipating the scale of things getting shaken up. And in any case, as someone with Asperger's Syndrome, communication is not my strongest point even at the best of times. However, it's also true that I am getting somewhat fed up with the H-games community in general, or at least a subsection of it who I think are best described as very vocal jackasses (not to mention a lot of other things, but I digress), and obviously disillusionment with the community is going to sap the amount of time I want to spend on these kinds of projects.

I'm not sure how to handle this situation well, because there's lots of different people who want different things. I guess I'll go to a different update policy for now: if people ask about progress I'll respond with whatever I can write in a moment, otherwise I won't say anything until there's something significant. Maybe that'll work? I dunno. But I'll give it a try and see what happens.

autizboyz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Bruh just ignore those troll mate, take your time translating the game. Those trolls just can't control their urge to fap.

Seikatsu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
its true that its been so long....
but m8 are u still alright TL this?? i mean IRL is hooking u down right? i think u should prioritize wat u like n enjoy to boost ur mind rather than stressing urself at this insults
plus they shouldn't say that wen they r only looking n after its release DL
its not like they're "Thank you" has any worth anyways
couldn't they do somethin? like reading some Novels/manga watching some anime playing some games doin house work or work to earn some money?
rathier than discourage people.....(my eng sucks)

kareina

Reputation score
A long translation - yes, a delay - yes. But wtfm why you are so rude??
This translation one of the best by quality. And when habisain release RPGMaker Trans its greatly improve quality and speed for other translator. And when we got full version we can play this game like in first time.

Sue Nami

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I think some people are confused as to how long it takes for a full translation. Sure, PARTIALS can be done in almost no time at all but full translations of even medium games can take a long time.

Moreover, some of the time was spent developing the tools to do not only this game, but others.

Finally, I am aware of very very few FULL translations of non-vn games of this quality... for either the game or the translation.

Seikatsu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I think some people are confused as to how long it takes for a full translation. Sure, PARTIALS can be done in almost no time at all but full translations of even medium games can take a long time.

Moreover, some of the time was spent developing the tools to do not only this game, but others.

Finally, I am aware of very very few FULL translations of non-vn games of this quality... for either the game or the translation.
N your RIGHT
n wats more this is a 1 man team TL n EDITING including Pic if they cant they just some minor guide if they cant TL/Edit a pic
n especially.... this IS FREE

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Well that explains a lot.
if you're not managing to further explain what exactly you meant by that, you're basically inviting everyone reading this to think of you as a literal Nazi, or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.