What's new

[Complete - Partial] CRYSTAL FANTASY ~導かれし勇者たち~ [RJ193834]

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
ulmf thread: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=30234

Instructions: This is an MV game, and it is fairly large. You will need to extract it with Virtual Packages Extractor, which you can find in Libellule's thread here. Enigma unpacker will -not- work, the game is too large. After extracting just drag and drop and overwrite when asked.

What's translated:
Items, armors, weapons, skills, enemies, and most menu items.
The main menu at the title has one untranslated item, the recollection mode. This is because I can't find it in the system.json file. Probably buried in another script somewhere. I don't have RPGmakerMV, so I can't check more thoroughly. (I just edited the json files with notepad++)

All files have original backups included in case something goes wrong. Backups are named like so: Items_OR.json.
(Thanks to zipetya for providing a missing file I originally forgot to back up)

Things that weren't entirely clear or didn't translate well, I just dredged up from memory some appropriate FF names for them. (a few of the enemies etc) One enemy I couldn't remember the name of (from FF5), so I used the direct Japanese word.

Update 2/24/17: Completely fixed issue with pictures not appearing for summons. Thanks to Libellule for the input on this. Note this modifies the common events file, updates to the game may cause it to break.

Update 3/21/17: Translated the titles for recollection mode. Thanks to Neluor for pointing out where the file was located. As usual, original is included, but I tested it and it seemed to be fine.

EDIT/update 10/26/17: You can look later in the thread for further modifications by Kingearl. Will update with a link when he is finished.

Attaching it to the post as it's a tiny file and download hosts like to remove files like this these days. Any issues let me know, first partial I've uploaded.

Attachments

Last edited:

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: CRYSTAL FANTASY ~導かれし勇者たち~ [RJ193834]

This contribution will be remembered for all times.

Hentai fans will praise your names in the streets of the internet
Books will mark this moment in history.
Bards will sing of your actions.
Micheal Bay will make a movie biography of your life. (with 1000% more explosions and American flags.....even if you're not from America.)

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

All right! What KHTA said.
I just hope your hero spirit won't get dragged into a Grail War, or something...

On a related note, is there a way to make MV TL patches version independent?
What I am trying to ask is, I guess, does/will it work with updated versions?

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

This contribution will be remembered for all times.

Hentai fans will praise your names in the streets of the internet
Books will mark this moment in history.
Bards will sing of your actions.
Micheal Bay will make a movie biography of your life. (with 1000% more explosions and American flags.....even if you're not from America.)
I don't know about all that, lol. But I am glad someone appreciates it. :)

All right! What KHTA said.
I just hope your hero spirit won't get dragged into a Grail War, or something...

On a related note, is there a way to make MV TL patches version independent?
What I am trying to ask is, I guess, does/will it work with updated versions?
It may very well work with future versions, actually. It depends on what the dev changes. If they only fix bugs and such, it should still work. But if they add new content in any of the categories I edited, like a new enemy, that category would not work, and would most likely crash the game when that enemy showed up.

zipetya

Reputation score

Thanks for the answer!

As a(n almost) complete noob about these things... Technically...

If one were to check the files of the new version and compare them with the *_OR.json ones which your TL patch used as a basis for translation, and they are the same (by looking at time stamps or comparing them with some kind of software), then it will most probably work.

Is there a tool which checks for differences within the same file(s) of different versions, and let's you see what was added - or changed?
Because I figure, if that line/those lines -if there is a difference- could be added to the already translated files, at the right place, even if untranslated, that would make it 'not' break, right?

Hope this mumbling of mine is more or less understandable. I'm just trying to figure this out for future reference - and see if I can somehow make a v1.11_PT work for a v1.13 of Slave's Sword. xD

Or it is just not as easy as that... Which wouldn't at the least surprise me, lol.

Again, thanks for the partial!

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

If one were to check the files of the new version and compare them with the *_OR.json ones which your TL patch used as a basis for translation, and they are the same (by looking at time stamps or comparing them with some kind of software), then it will most probably work.
Yes, if the time stamp and file size are identical, it's a safe bet nothing was changed and that file would work. :)

Is there a tool which checks for differences within the same file(s) of different versions, and let's you see what was added - or changed?
Don't know of any tool that does that, but it wouldn't surprise me if one exists.

Because I figure, if that line/those lines -if there is a difference- could be added to the already translated files, at the right place, even if untranslated, that would make it 'not' break, right?
That should work, yes.

But I should be around to fix it if a new version causes it to break.

zipetya

Reputation score

That should work, yes.

But I should be around to fix it if a new version causes it to break.
Absolutely fantastic! ;)

Also, forgot with my last post, but here is Armors_OR should you decide to add it to your archive, for completion's sake.

Cheers!

Attachments

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Absolutely fantastic! ;)

Also, forgot with my last post, but here is Armors_OR should you decide to add it to your archive, for completion's sake.

Cheers!
Thanks, will do that.

Edit:done. :)

Last edited:

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Look for , that a prety good free tools, that can compare directory and/or files and show you exactly what are de diff =) (some )

i use it a lot to compare 2 version when a update come up ^^

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Look for , that a prety good free tools, that can compare directory and/or files and show you exactly what are de diff =) (some )

i use it a lot to compare 2 version when a update come up ^^
Thank you for the information, will check it out. :D

zipetya

Reputation score

Yeah, looks like a very useful little tool!
Merci beaucoup, Libellule! ;)

Kurogane

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

there's a minor problem with the translated skills.json
when i use that instead of the original and use rydia's summon, the pic of rydia and the summoning circle don't appear

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

there's a minor problem with the translated skills.json
when i use that instead of the original and use rydia's summon, the pic of rydia and the summoning circle don't appear
Will look into it and see if I can figure out what's causing it. I suspect a script links the picture name to the skill name. That's what happened with the battle command icons, had to rename some of them when I started this.

EDIT: Not sure what is causing this. Tried renaming the picture, did not help. I suspect I actually need RPGmaker MV in order to fix this. :( At least it's not game-breaking.
EDIT2: It's literally just the skill name. Renamed to original kanji and the picture was back. Guess I could make an alternate version of the skills file with the skill name in kanji but with English description.
EDIT3: Did that. Not ideal, but will give you the cut-ins back.

Last edited:

Rep

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Not sure what is causing this.
Either there's pics with that name or system calls that get triggered by such name and you need to change that too. Probably in _OR files.

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Either there's pics with that name or system calls that get triggered by such name and you need to change that too. Probably in _OR files.
The system calls I would need to change are not in the json files. But thanks for trying to help.

Libellule

Cthulhu
Reputation score

The system calls I would need to change are not in the json files. But thanks for trying to help.
they are ^^

you just need to port your translation you make from all skill name to the skill even in the common event

ex for ★Support:Rydia

original :

Skills.json :

{"id":132,"animationId":90,"damage":{"critical":false,"elementId":0,"formula":"a.mat * 13 - b.mdf * 6","type":1,"variance":20},"description":"敵全員に魔法攻撃。","effects":[],"hitType":0,"iconIndex":0,"message1":"","message2":"","mpCost":0,"name":"★サポート:リディア","note":"","occasion":0,"repeats":1,"requiredWtypeId1":0,"requiredWtypeId2":0,"scope":2,"speed":999,"stypeId":3,"successRate":100,"tpCost":100,"tpGain":0},

CommonEvents.json :

{"id":126,"list":[{"code":108,"indent":0,"parameters":["==行動前イベント:使用前=="]},{"code":108,"indent":0,"parameters":["use.isSkill() && use.object().name == '★サポート:リディア'"]},{"code":230,"indent":0,"parameters":[60]},{"code":250,"indent":0,"parameters":[{"name":"Collapse2","volume":70,"pitch":100,"pan":0}]},{"code":224,"indent":0,"parameters":[[255,255,255,255],60,false]},{"code":231,"indent":0,"parameters":[50,"BT:カットイン",0,0,0,100,100,100,255,0]},{"code":231,"indent":0,"parameters":[99,"立ち絵:リディア",0,0,0,0,100,100,255,0]},{"code":230,"indent":0,"parameters":[120]},{"code":234,"indent":0,"parameters":[99,[255,255,255,0],60,false]},{"code":234,"indent":0,"parameters":[50,[255,255,255,0],60,true]},{"code":232,"indent":0,"parameters":[99,0,0,0,0,0,100,100,0,0,60,false]},{"code":232,"indent":0,"parameters":[50,0,0,0,0,100,100,100,0,0,60,true]},{"code":235,"indent":0,"parameters":[99]},{"code":235,"indent":0,"parameters":[50]},{"code":230,"indent":0,"parameters":[60]},{"code":0,"indent":0,"parameters":[]}],"name":"カットイン:リディア","switchId":1,"trigger":0},

Translated :

Skills.json :

{"id":132,"animationId":90,"damage":{"critical":false,"elementId":0,"formula":"a.mat * 13 - b.mdf * 6","type":1,"variance":20},"description":"Magic attack to all enemies.(Titan)","effects":[],"hitType":0,"iconIndex":0,"message1":"","message2":"","mpCost":0,"name":"★Support:Rydia","note":"","occasion":0,"repeats":1,"requiredWtypeId1":0,"requiredWtypeId2":0,"scope":2,"speed":999,"stypeId":3,"successRate":100,"tpCost":100,"tpGain":0},

CommonEvents.json :

{"id":126,"list":[{"code":108,"indent":0,"parameters":["==行動前イベント:使用前=="]},{"code":108,"indent":0,"parameters":["use.isSkill() && use.object().name == '★Support:Rydia'"]},{"code":230,"indent":0,"parameters":[60]},{"code":250,"indent":0,"parameters":[{"name":"Collapse2","volume":70,"pitch":100,"pan":0}]},{"code":224,"indent":0,"parameters":[[255,255,255,255],60,false]},{"code":231,"indent":0,"parameters":[50,"BT:カットイン",0,0,0,100,100,100,255,0]},{"code":231,"indent":0,"parameters":[99,"立ち絵:リディア",0,0,0,0,100,100,255,0]},{"code":230,"indent":0,"parameters":[120]},{"code":234,"indent":0,"parameters":[99,[255,255,255,0],60,false]},{"code":234,"indent":0,"parameters":[50,[255,255,255,0],60,true]},{"code":232,"indent":0,"parameters":[99,0,0,0,0,0,100,100,0,0,60,false]},{"code":232,"indent":0,"parameters":[50,0,0,0,0,100,100,100,0,0,60,true]},{"code":235,"indent":0,"parameters":[99]},{"code":235,"indent":0,"parameters":[50]},{"code":230,"indent":0,"parameters":[60]},{"code":0,"indent":0,"parameters":[]}],"name":"カットイン:リディア","switchId":1,"trigger":0},

the skill name in the skills.json & CommonEvents.json need to be the same, case sensitive, with that all will works normaly, with the right picture (dont modify anythings else than the skill name in the event =), the rest is the call to the picture and cut in, keep them in jap ^^)

have fun ^p^/

Last edited:
OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

they are ^^

you just need to port your translation you make from all skill name to the skill even in the common event
I suspected it was in common events, but I searched in common events and could not find the skill name. I will give it another look though. And thanks! :)

That does increase the chances of the translation breaking the game if they update it though. Common events are more likely to get updated than the other files.

Edit 2/24/17 : Found it, should have an update/fix later today. Not sure why search didn't work last time.

Last edited:
OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Updated first post with fixed version. Overwrite all files if you are updating.

Neluor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the partial.
I've played the game a while without knowing a partial exists and it's a real pain, when you just don't know what a skill or item does, it'll probably be a lot more bearable now.

If you're still interested in translating the recollection mode, you don't need MV for that, you can just edit the .js-file with a text editor.
The file is located in www\js\plugins\RecollectionMode.js
You should be able to find the names to translate. You could translate the menu commands and the names of the events that way.

Anyway, you don't have to, the partial is already useful the way it is now.

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

If you're still interested in translating the recollection mode, you don't need MV for that, you can just edit the .js-file with a text editor.
The file is located in www\js\plugins\RecollectionMode.js
You should be able to find the names to translate. You could translate the menu commands and the names of the events that way.
Interesting, will check that out when I get time. (tomorrow most likely)