What's new

[Complete - Partial] CRYSTAL FANTASY ~導かれし勇者たち~ [RJ193834]

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sounds good. I'm pretty far along though, just need a solid day or two to finish up. Not sure when that will happen though :/

Also, just some other odd fact. There are a lot of extra maps and conversations or just general text from these game files that dont appear to be used... just so everyone knows... if you come across anything that is not translated in the game please let me know so I can translate it.

Hey, for whatever reason i cant add a profile pic to this forum. Tried a few diff formats. Just keep getting an error. Is it possible it's a glitch still that they havent sorted out?

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Hey, for whatever reason i cant add a profile pic to this forum. Tried a few diff formats. Just keep getting an error. Is it possible it's a glitch still that they havent sorted out?
That's quite likely. Forum is still being worked on I believe.

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Have you been able to take a look at renaming the fast travel locations at all mayaktheunholy?

I would assume that the people that are interested in this translation are not in a rush to get it. I only mention this because I havent been working on the H scenes very much. It probably wont be ready for a good couple weeks or so. If you would like supergang, I could just send you the files to date. Its pretty much all done anyways. I could finish the rest in little while and release it officially.

I have been working on my expansion of the game though (it's just way more interesting to me then finishing the translation). My idea's are taking shape here incorporated into the heart of this game and it's going very well. I'm even utilizing some of the unfinished maps that weren't used from the original files.

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Has anyone else tried uploading recently? I have tried to upload the patches, just giving me errors.

Fast travels didn't work out for you then??

Last edited:

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Has anyone else tried uploading recently? I am tried to upload the patches, just giving me errors.

Fast travels didn't work out for you then??
Uploading file to the forum don't work since the update. It's (most probably) worked on at the moment. So you have to post direct link.

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ok thanks. I'll just keep checking back every couple days.

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Have you been able to take a look at renaming the fast travel locations at all mayaktheunholy?
Sorry for the late response, I overlooked your post somehow. May have had something to do with the forum troubles. Haven't looked at them, no. You couldn't find them at all? I would assume it's one of the script addons, will look into it tomorrow now that I'm thinking of it lol. Been busy with Lucia Story but I'm a bit burnt out on it anyway so I'll take a look. If I figure it out I'll let you know how it works.

EDIT: Never mind, already found it :)
In the plugins folder, it's the MOG_FastTravel.js, you can edit it with notepad++. Just scroll down to line 241, pretty self explanatory, the destination names will be in quotes and are the only parts that are in Japanese. Looks like you could add your own too if you understand the syntax.

Last edited:

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've tried that file several times. I've also found a couple other areas that could have been possibilities with no success. Did renaming those locations actually do anything for you?

The only possibility I could think of is that you have to rename the locations and then start a new save game... kinda like how the save files save the character names as well. I didn't try that yet.

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
I've tried that file several times. I've also found a couple other areas that could have been possibilities with no success. Did renaming those locations actually do anything for you?

The only possibility I could think of is that you have to rename the locations and then start a new save game... kinda like how the save files save the character names as well. I didn't try that yet.
Ah, you've already tried it.

Yeah, that sounds likely, it's most likely saved information. I'll try later and see what happens, will edit this post with the info (if you don't try it first lol).

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ya I just tested it out. That's exactly it.

The stage .png's have to be renamed too and I think there is another issue that pops up, I'll sort it all out though.

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
... Alright. It's been two weeks now. Does anyone know of an update coming to the forum so we can post files? Or another decent option perhaps.

I might as well talk about my add-on content for this game a bit, it should be completed in a couple months:

Changes
-------
- Dozens of glitches and game issues fixed
- Wedge, Biggs now soldier sprites
- World drop points from Cosmos's base now exitable along all borders
- Trees in "Moore's Great Forest" no longer walk through
- Some soldiers in "South Figaro" walk around
- FF4, FF5 and FF6 world maps expanded
- FF6 "Tower of Fanatics" full screen width at base
- All boss areas that have been completed are now accessible after completion (instead of being forced back to where you came from)
- Locked and unusable doors in towns now accessible
- Some unused game maps from original game files now utilized

Add-ons
-------
- Interactions with Moogles and Chocobos
- When each world is completed a new accessible area is unlocked (map expansion, dungeons, towns)
- A new story driven NPC integrated into the game
- Eight (to twelve) new nostalgic bosses
- One major story objective
- Original FF musical scores added to all new locations
- One completely new world added

Obviously I'm not going to give out any spoilers to the details of this content... but it is an awesome addition to the original game and I'm sure the fans of the series will be beside themselves.
Also, none of this extra content will be included with the upcoming translations and hard/expert mode patches. Though the extra content pack will only be compatible with expert mode... which will be included with it btw.

Malvezzi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
That's quite a decent amount of content. As for the patch, you can perhaps use Mega to share it? I can't wait to continue playing once you are able to share your translation files.

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ya I'll look into that the next chunk of free time I get.

For sure, I put alot of work into the translation. Hope ppl enjoy it. You will have to start a new game though btw, if you try to use the same save files you wont get far before it will crash.

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey guys, sorry bout the wait. I missed a couple H-scenes and I've been busy all week. I ll be posting to Mega tomorrow or monday at the latest.

I'll just mention it here that I couldn't get into the vibe for the H-scenes as much as the storyline. I may touch up a few H-scenes for my Nostalgic expansion in a couple months to make them flow a bit better.

I will start a new tread next time for the completion, but post here to link to it.

Malvezzi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yes, can't wait for the patch. Thanks again for your hard work.