What's new

[Complete - Partial] CRYSTAL FANTASY ~導かれし勇者たち~ [RJ193834]

Turtleser

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: CRYSTAL FANTASY ~導かれし勇者たち~ [RJ193834]

Scratch that, managed to somehow get it to work with VFSE. Menus work, but names dont translate in speech. That's fine though. THanks a million

Last edited:
OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Scratch that, managed to somehow get it to work with VFSE. Menus work, but names dont translate in speech. That's fine though. THanks a million
Speech events do not pull the name from the json files, I would have to edit each and every speech event to translate those. That is a bit beyond the scope of a partial translation.

Also, update, I translated the recollection mode titles as well, thanks to Neluor for pointing out the file location. Attached to first post.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Well, I tried that tool Libellule suggested to somehow make the partial for the v1.00 work for the -supposedly- v1.6 that can be found on nyaa now, as well.

Hell if I know what the latest version is though - both DLsite and the circle's blog is helluva lazy with regards saying what version they are at...
Anyhow. It seems both 'System.json' and 'CommonEvents.json' was altered (versus their v1.00 counterparts), though seemingly not anywhere near where the partial would make changes to them.

So some copy-pasting might have been able to do the trick. I think... (Probably shouldn't be that easy; but hey just gave it a try to see lol)
Try at own risk. Just as a precaution, I added the original to-be-rewritten files as '*.*.bak' too...

Extract to main folder and rewrite all, when asked.
All credit goes to mayak; and he is ofc entitled to weigh in anytime. :)

Attachments

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Well, I tried that tool Libellule suggested to somehow make the partial for the v1.00 work for the -supposedly- v1.6 that can be found on nyaa now, as well.

Hell if I know what the latest version is though - both DLsite and the circle's blog is helluva lazy with regards saying what version they are at...
Anyhow. It seems both 'System.json' and 'CommonEvents.json' was altered (versus their v1.00 counterparts), though seemingly not anywhere near where the partial would make changes to them.

So some copy-pasting might have been able to do the trick. I think... (Probably shouldn't be that easy; but hey just gave it a try to see lol)
Try at own risk. Just as a precaution, I added the original to-be-rewritten files as '*.*.bak' too...

Extract to main folder and rewrite all, when asked.
All credit goes to mayak; and he is ofc entitled to weigh in anytime. :)
According to DLsite, the game has been updated 5 times, so 1.6 -should- be the latest one.

Will download the latest version and take a closer look when I have time.

Hikage255

Reputation score

So I got the partial working but my sound is glitchy and i tried it on un patched same thing, but if i run it in compatible wins xp SP 3 sound works but game fps is crap any reason and help would be nice please

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

So I got the partial working but my sound is glitchy and i tried it on un patched same thing, but if i run it in compatible wins xp SP 3 sound works but game fps is crap any reason and help would be nice please
It would be better to ask about this in the main thread. If the problem is not directly related to the patch, there is not much I can do. More people will see your post in the main thread, you will have a better chance of getting help that way.

I do seem to remember others having trouble with this game.

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey thanks alot for your work on this. Joined the forum so I could get my hands on your partial.

Im wondering if not everything you've translated is coming through correctly on my end. Example: Lightning and Tifa's names are japanese but Terras name is displayed in english. Even the options menu with BMG, SE volume and so on.

I've taken a look at the Actors.json and Actors_OR.json, they dont show any inconsistencies with character names.

Thanks again! I'd love to translate as much as possible

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I imagine that by now interest for this game might be low but I intend to keep plugging away at it. It is final fantasy after all!
I have made some more adjustments to your system.json and RecollectionMode.js files:

load game text, save game text, save file, recollection mode among a few other things are translated now.

Im still confused why half the party displays english names and the other half japanese. Mainly though I want to take a stab at doing a rough translation of the story's script. Can someone point me in the direction of which files contain the scripts please?

Attachments

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The name issue was because i started a new game before i applied the partial patch.

New Translations: Options menu, Game Over Screens, Battle Messages, Status Exp.

No sign of general scripts in any files though... Are they still located in the exe?

Attachments

Malvezzi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The name issue was because i started a new game before i applied the partial patch.

New Translations: Options menu, Game Over Screens, Battle Messages, Status Exp.

No sign of general scripts in any files though... Are they still located in the exe?
Just want to say thank you for continuing the work. My interest in the game has not died yet at all though I'm honestly hoping that there will be a full translation of the game. It's Final Fantasy after all haha.

I hope someone who's able to help you with the technical details will come soon.

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for saying so, I'm happy to help. After a crazy amount of hunting though I've come to the conclusion that there is nothing left to translate with the files that have been extracted with Virtual Packages Extractor 1.1. If there is a more in depth method of extracting files I would like to know but in the meantime an online translating tool is the only option (TNR, Translation Aggregator). They work but I want to make a self sufficient option inside the game itself...

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Thanks for saying so, I'm happy to help. After a crazy amount of hunting though I've come to the conclusion that there is nothing left to translate with the files that have been extracted with Virtual Packages Extractor 1.1. If there is a more in depth method of extracting files I would like to know but in the meantime an online translating tool is the only option (TNR, Translation Aggregator). They work but I want to make a self sufficient option inside the game itself...
Hey, I've been offline for a while and just now noticing your posts. The majority of the game's script would be in the map (map001.json, etc) and common event files. Best thing to do is open it in RPGmaker if you want to try a full translation. Just need to put a game.rpgproject file in the www folder and open it. If you need more info, just ask.

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey thanks alot! I would have thought the event common.json, its just all code. RPGmaker it is. I'll definitely look into that in the next little while.

On a side note, i did find a few more little things to translate as is...and I've been working on making the game an acceptable difficult level. When you start to add up all the little things that makes this game too easy its pretty ridiculous. I aim to make it more like the old FF's. Things Ive improved so far:

- All enemies give 20% less exp / 50% less gold
- Working on delaying some skills from unlocking (also shifted Tifa's weird Raise/Cure learning issue)
- Skills and Magic cost 20% more MP right now... but if I can figure out how to cancel the STUPID MP gain effect from attacking I will probably put the MP costs back to original.
- Status effects poison, darkness, silence and zombie: now stay after battle and need to be cured just like old FF games.
- Running from battles doesnt always work now. (depends on enemy agility and luck).

I still have a few things on the list i would like to change to make the game more like real Final Fantasys. I should be done doing whatever my scope of skills will allow in a few days or so and will post the files.

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Crystal Fantasy ---- HARD MODE ---- Some of these files come with original backups, some dont. Overwrite existing files and enjoy.

- All enemies give 20% less EXP / 50% less gold

- Standby heros dont receive EXP for battles (expect boss battles)

- Some Early skills are delayed from unlocking

- 20% more MP cost for skills usage

- 20% lower TP accumulation

- Some status effects stay after battle (poison, darkness, silence and zombie)

- Run no longer 100% successful

- Gain MP back from attacking in battles? WTF??? Removed

Side note, the game is not crazy hard with these changes, I've tested it half way through and as far as I'm concerned it is still too easy. But its a nice challenge now as apposed to the babies RPG it was before. There are also a hand full of new minor translations in this pack... along with all the other ones.

Hope you dont mind me just adding on to your work mayaktheunholy and zipetya.

I am working on the full english translation now. Clearly it will take some time but i would think no longer then a month... I am in heavy work season now though so who knows. I'll post updates.

Attachments

OP
mayaktheunholy

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Hope you dont mind me just adding on to your work mayaktheunholy and zipetya.
Not at all. :)

May want to start a new thread when the full translation is ready (so you can edit the OP yourself). Till then feel free to post here. :D

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

C-credited?! I blush!! xD
Mayak did all the heavy-lifting, I...made a push-up. Just some copypasting to make things -hopefully successfully- work with v1.06.
A cheeky monkey with a wrench in his left hand and a typewriter glued to his right foot while asleep could have done it, probably! Possibly... Maybe? lol

Good luck with the TL, and keep up the good work! Thanks for the effort, kingearl!

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

lol well I appreciate all the work for sure!

Ok so ive been throwing alot of hours into this and here is the bad news... My pace from here on in is going to slow considerably now (work mostly). Also I dont think I will post more updates till she's finished up. Going through my work translating several times chews up quite a bit of my free time haha.

The good news is that its 25% done. A little spotty in a few places but i think the the TL is a good mix of accurate/flow.

Hope yall enjoy ;)

Attachments

Malvezzi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

lol well I appreciate all the work for sure!

Ok so ive been throwing alot of hours into this and here is the bad news... My pace from here on in is going to slow considerably now (work mostly). Also I dont think I will post more updates till she's finished up. Going through my work translating several times chews up quite a bit of my free time haha.

The good news is that its 25% done. A little spotty in a few places but i think the the TL is a good mix of accurate/flow.

Hope yall enjoy ;)
Oooooooooooh will try it out as soon as I can. Thank you very much for all the hard work and it's fine to slow it down to a pace you're comfortable with. I'll try to wait patiently (I'll try my best to be patient haha) for the complete translation.

Edit:
Tried it just now and I got an error shown here.

I managed to fix it by removing the clipboard plugin line from the plugins.js file. Perhaps you might have forgotten to remove that line when uploading the file. Perhaps you can also upload the whole plugin file so the clipboard will work too (I'm using it for other untranslated games too). Ooooor perhaps I'm doing something wrong too...

Last edited:

kingearl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hmmm, I dont know much about that error. If you got it working then great. It should be translated fully (minus rape scenes) till around Faris.

Just a quick question though... Aeris or Aerith??? Honestly I could go either way. Just throw your vote out and I'll go with it.

Malvezzi

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hmmm, I dont know much about that error. If you got it working then great. It should be translated fully (minus rape scenes) till around Faris.

Just a quick question though... Aeris or Aerith??? Honestly I could go either way. Just throw your vote out and I'll go with it.
I don't mind either way too though I'll put my vote to Aerith seems that's basically the official one now.

Btw, will you translate the H-Scenes too? Would be great if everything will be translated haha.

Last edited: