What's new

Suggestion thread!

Simca

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Suggestion thread!

I got an idea for the day/night thing.

Daytime: Good has a bonus, and has the advantage of being able to see monsters coming, but -must- make camp at night, or they'll attract monsters more easily.

Nighttime: Evil has the bonus, and has the advantage of being able to move more quietly, but during daytime, take penalties to fighting, due to evil mainly moving in darkness.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Custom Races: I'm with Silth on this one, though if you PM them to him or me I don't see why we wouldn't consider letting you have your own custom race. Just try to keep them relatively balanced, and send them to one of us, and we'll get back to you with revisions (if any are required.) If you send them to me, I'm going to okay them with Silth anyway.

Day/Night: I was actually already doing that, I just had every movement round count as three hours. That's why Team Evil got the darkwolves, it was dusk while they went through the second half of the forest.
Tass, I'm going to request that all rules you use be posted. That makes for a second rule that has caused at least part of the evil group to be unfairly dealt with that it was impossible for us to know about before hand.

The first time was when you pulled out (For the first time, from what it looked like) a rule saying that if you missed with your attacks you lost your ap bonus to ac. While I ended up not saying what I felt at the time, (That you made up the rule on the spot because you didn't like the fact that you were having trouble defeating the only member of the party that hadn't been knocked to the ground) I will say that it seems extremely unfair of you to apply rules that could drastically affect our playing styles without warning us. (Given Quetz's -8 weapon penalty to attack, I probably would have been making more than one attack per turn if I knew about that rule)

Now your saying that the main reason you gave us a hard encounter was because you increased the difficulty of a daytime battle just because the end of that world turn ended near dusk. (That world turn started during the day and thus should be treated as part of the day. That's like saying that, even if the sun was up until 8:30 pm, a block of time from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm is night time which is about what the situation was for that battle.)

As such: please do not use any rule that you have not warned the players about, and don't apply it when it doesn't fit the parameters of the rule.

On another note:

Daytime: Good has a bonus, and has the advantage of being able to see monsters coming, but -must- make camp at night, or they'll attract monsters more easily.

Nighttime: Evil has the bonus, and has the advantage of being able to move more quietly, but during daytime, take penalties to fighting, due to evil mainly moving in darkness.
I fail to see the logic or balance here:

Good has a bonus against easier monsters and can't travel and therefore encounter monsters when they are harder while evil has a bonus against harder monsters and a penalty against weaker monsters. This essentially works out to thus:

Relative power during encounters (PlayersMonsters)
...................Day........................Night
Good...........32............................23
Evil.............12............................33
(This is setting the average power as '2' reduced power as '1' and increased power via bonus or nightime for monsters as '3')

Seeing as how good doesn't even have to fight at night if they rest they get good odds against monsters during the day and no problems during the night. Oppositely, Evil goods equal odds at night and poor odds during the day.

If this rule is used there needs to be the addition that there is a normal chance for a monster encounter for the good team even while resting at night given that half the time they overpower their opponents where as evil never has that opportunity.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Clarification: The turn you encountered the darkwolves in was entirely at night, effectively you started moving around noon of the first day. Then you traveled for 3 hours, during which you encountered the meklots, putting it at 3. Then another 3, in which you went past the bunch on nymphs, putting it at 6. Then you started moving through a forest, which takes two move actions due to difficult terrain. for the first one you encountered nothing, so after three hours you were at 9, and then you encountered the wolves, and had you won the fight and continued on it would have been midnight. So it was NOT a daytime battle, in any way shape or form. And I told you that some types of terrain would take longer to travel through before the game even started.

An since the have-to-hit rule pisses you off so much, I'll just remove it. And to clarify, I'd been using it for the entire game, including when I was GMing the Good Teams thread. It's possible you didn't notice it until the wolves though, since the enemies you were fighting were weak up until then.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

It isn't so much that it pissed me off, it was more a matter of it had never been announced that it was a rule. I just prefer to have fore warning of what rules there are instead of needing to guess at what the rules might be.

Simplification: I really dislike secret rules.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fair enough. I'm still being rid of it.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Heh, yeah. It doesn't make too much sense to take away all AP, even if you make only one attack, and not apply it to AC. People could just be playin' it safe.

Also, could I recommend a different method for turns? It seems like, after so many levels, the amount of AP some will have will be very high, and characters, in one turn, could make a ridiculous amount of actions before anyone else has a chance to act, especially when they get within the 100 AP range at later levels.

I suggest, and I know this will put more work on the GM's, so that's why I myself aren't 100% about this one, that combat not consist of just using ALL of your AP, or just using some of it, and rationing the rest to AC, and changing it to something like this example here...

Example 1:
Shiva has 36 AP, and she can only use twenty of those points each turn, before waiting for everyone else to make an action.

Shiva moves 5 spaces, using 10 AP, and makes 1 attack at Evil Shiva.

Shiva has 16 AP left.

Then, Evil Shiva gets her turn.

Evil Shiva attempts to grapple Shiva, using 10 points.

Evil Shiva is successful, and she pins Shiva to the ground. She then decides, having 26 AP left, and a futa penis for demonstration purposes, to penetrate Shiva, which will occur at the end of the whole turn, when all characters regain AP, should Shiva not be able to escape in the mean time.

Then, it goes back to Shiva, who has 16 AP left. She tried to use the last of her AP to escape, but fails, and is forced to end her whole session, so that the next turn can begin, and she can regain her AP.

Once the round ends, Evil Shiva penetrates Shiva.
I think that this will help with situations where people with high AP just swamp characters with attacks, and grapples, not allowing them to do anything.

Last edited:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I already put a limitation on movement: if you use 10 or more AP for movement then you can't do anything else for that turn.
And Silth just added an attack limitation: you can't attack more than twice per turn without "Fast" and only four times with it.

Also, I'm not entirely sure what you mean RJ. Do you mean that some actions should occur at the end of a turn, or that some actions should require a turn of preparation, or that the turn order should be based on what kind of action something is doing?

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I already put a limitation on movement: if you use 10 or more AP for movement then you can't do anything else for that turn.
This brings to light something that occurred to me recently:

I'm not sure if you will ever include a scenario in which characters must run away, but maybe the tank's inability to move should be changed to say, if the tank moves more than one square they can't attack (Much like the 5 square limit you have on other people) and maybe raise the limit on the distance they can go instead of leaving it at a 1 square/2ap move per turn.

I just keep picturing someone putting up a scenario that requires all players to be able to move more than 1 square (Or 2 AP) per turn. (Like various terrain obstacles such as erupting volcanoes or rolling boulders)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I hadn't had anything planned, but that disadvantage does cause a problem. Maybe an increase in the amount of points movement costs, so you can still move but not very far if you want to attack as well.

Also, I should have worded that better: they can still move more, they just can't attack or cast spells.

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

I'm not sure if you will ever include a scenario in which characters must run away, but maybe the tank's inability to move should be changed to say, if the tank moves more than one square they can't attack (Much like the 5 square limit you have on other people) and maybe raise the limit on the distance they can go instead of leaving it at a 1 square/2ap move per turn.
I'm not quite that evil.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

And Silth just added an attack limitation: you can't attack more than twice per turn without "Fast" and only four times with it.
But, with that limitation, you can't really use any more action points than 30 in one turn. So, I'd be much better off pouring points into speed, to gain AC, rather than enhancing my AP any further. With the example combat I showed, it would allow characters who are support based to be able to support their whole team, or an attacker, or sniper to keep the pressure on the enemy. With that limitation, AP after 30 seems... Useless, to basic fighters.

Also, I'm not entirely sure what you mean RJ. Do you mean that some actions should occur at the end of a turn, or that some actions should require a turn of preparation, or that the turn order should be based on what kind of action something is doing?
The penetration event was simply because she only had 10 AP left to spend in that turn, and penetration takes 15, when spent, forces her to wait until her turn comes back around to do it, and saps the rest of her AP at that.

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

Long Swords
Level 1: Strike: A simple attack, meant to maim opponents. 50% of strength, 10 AP.
Level 5: Whirlwind: An Area attack, the Heroine spins and slashes, hitting anything within five feet. D20 damage, 10 AP.
Level 9: Dual wield: The Heroine can swing two swords at once. Hot. Strength required for Medium sized Longswords: 30, Large: 60
Level 13: Multi Strike: The Heroine goes into a fury, hacking at opponents wildly! D20 damage, d3 strikes; every strike does half damage of the one before; 6 AP per strike.
Level 15: Cleave: So you’re charisma has failed? Cut your enemy in half! D80 damage, minimum 20, 50 AP.

an ability use AP additional to the 10 ap to attack. also, the figther have these skills or she need to earn them later?

Level 1: Seductress: Adds +20 to any Charisma rolls that involve sex, or at getting someone to NOT rape you.
Level 2: Better Hand Job: If you can convince someone to just receive a hand job instead of raping you, this skill is mandatory. +10 to all pleasure rolls on hand jobs.
Level 3: Giving Head: +15 to all pleasure rolls on blowjobs.
Level 4: Ride ‘Em Hard: +20 to all pleasure rolls on sex where you’re on top; Negated if you’re somehow being raped.
Level 5: Great Job: Enemies now take half of whatever pleasure damage they give you.
Level 6: Hard to Contain: When orgasming, enemies who have penetrated you receive 50 points of pleasure damage.

Last edited:
OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

an ability use AP additional to the 10 ap to attack. also, the figther have these skills or she need to earn them later?

Level 1: Seductress: Adds +20 to any Charisma rolls that involve sex, or at getting someone to NOT rape you.
Level 2: Better Hand Job: If you can convince someone to just receive a hand job instead of raping you, this skill is mandatory. +10 to all pleasure rolls on hand jobs.
Level 3: Giving Head: +15 to all pleasure rolls on blowjobs.
Level 4: Ride ‘Em Hard: +20 to all pleasure rolls on sex where you’re on top; Negated if you’re somehow being raped.
Level 5: Great Job: Enemies now take half of whatever pleasure damage they give you.
Level 6: Hard to Contain: When orgasming, enemies who have penetrated you receive 50 points of pleasure damage.
Fighters, Ero Artists and Alchemists all get those skills when they reach the level associated with it. It's why they're erotic classes. XDF

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

But, with that limitation, you can't really use any more action points than 30 in one turn. So, I'd be much better off pouring points into speed, to gain AC, rather than enhancing my AP any further. With the example combat I showed, it would allow characters who are support based to be able to support their whole team, or an attacker, or sniper to keep the pressure on the enemy. With that limitation, AP after 30 seems... Useless, to basic fighters.
I agree, other than adding to AC, they would have no real use.
So, you're saying that extra AP should be used later if circumstances change, such as being grappled and using them to escape?

The penetration event was simply because she only had 10 AP left to spend in that turn, and penetration takes 15, when spent, forces her to wait until her turn comes back around to do it, and saps the rest of her AP at that.
I'm confused, Evil Shiva had 26 AP left after initiating a grapple in your demonstration.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Heh, I've been proven wrong that it's not limited to 30, but no matter what, that rule set limits it to a certain number, whether it be 100, or anything else.

However, as of right now, Shiva's still limited to using 30, plmnko, based on those rules, so as of right now, there's not much point in me buying speed to upgrade Shiva's action points, as it'll still be a while before I start using those skills, still making those points useless.

I agree, other than adding to AC, they would have no real use.
So, you're saying that extra AP should be used later if circumstances change, such as being grappled and using them to escape?
Yes, that's pretty close to my suggestion. I think that, if so much AP has been accumulated, all of the actions compiled together might make the players feel like they have no control over what their characters do at all during battle, and the lack of actions might maintain a level of stability in each round of battle, while still making use of Action Points.

So, say a naked Shiva gets grappled by an enemy in Silth's post, since she still has AP left, Silth just decides she tries to escape, when I might have wanted Shiva to get in a few bashes of her weapon instead. Thus leading to the player not having so much control as desired.

If everything went in turns, such as player team or enemy team going first respectively, then the players would have more control over their own battle, and not feel so overwhelmed because they had the least amount of initiative. In the last battle, I found myself mostly just watching, while directing Shiva during the fight, as I knew every other character on the board would act before her, so any monster, any character, could literally go in any way they wanted, before what I wanted to do gets taken into consideration, thus leaving me saying, "Just have Shiva attack the closest monster on her turn, or whoever's captured." which isn't even really me playing the game at all, but watching my character do stuff at the GM's discretion.

With my suggestion, whenever it comes to the player's turn, and the GM asks for actions, we know that our action will be done, and can work together against odds that might overwhelm us. And, given the "rounds" suggestion, buying more than 100 Action Points sounds desirable, as I can actually use them.

However, this breeds a problem of, "Differentiating" monsters, that all have different AP values. In order for this suggestion, which is it's biggest flaw, to work, if for one side to all have equal AP values, so that way, once the enemy team runs out of AP for the whole turn session, the characters who still have AP left can cast their actions accordingly to use up the rest of their points.

I'm confused, Evil Shiva had 26 AP left after initiating a grapple in your demonstration.
Yeah... Evil Shiva had the same stats as Shiva, 36 AP. And the rules say that it takes 10 AP to use a grapple attack, which placed her at 26. :p

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Heh, I've been proven wrong that it's not limited to 30, but no matter what, that rule set limits it to a certain number, whether it be 100, or anything else.

However, as of right now, Shiva's still limited to using 30, plmnko, based on those rules, so as of right now, there's not much point in me buying speed to upgrade Shiva's action points, as it'll still be a while before I start using those skills, still making those points useless.

Yes, that's pretty close to my suggestion. I think that, if so much AP has been accumulated, all of the actions compiled together might make the players feel like they have no control over what their characters do at all during battle, and the lack of actions might maintain a level of stability in each round of battle, while still making use of Action Points.

So, say a naked Shiva gets grappled by an enemy in Silth's post, since she still has AP left, Silth just decides she tries to escape, when I might have wanted Shiva to get in a few bashes of her weapon instead. Thus leading to the player not having so much control as desired.

If everything went in turns, such as player team or enemy team going first respectively, then the players would have more control over their own battle, and not feel so overwhelmed because they had the least amount of initiative. In the last battle, I found myself mostly just watching, while directing Shiva during the fight, as I knew every other character on the board would act before her, so any monster, any character, could literally go in any way they wanted, before what I wanted to do gets taken into consideration, thus leaving me saying, "Just have Shiva attack the closest monster on her turn, or whoever's captured." which isn't even really me playing the game at all, but watching my character do stuff at the GM's discretion.

With my suggestion, whenever it comes to the player's turn, and the GM asks for actions, we know that our action will be done, and can work together against odds that might overwhelm us. And, given the "rounds" suggestion, buying more than 100 Action Points sounds desirable, as I can actually use them.

However, this breeds a problem of, "Differentiating" monsters, that all have different AP values. In order for this suggestion, which is it's biggest flaw, to work, if for one side to all have equal AP values, so that way, once the enemy team runs out of AP for the whole turn session, the characters who still have AP left can cast their actions accordingly to use up the rest of their points.
Giant block of text confuses Hulk......... :D

That's a problem with team based RPs, players don't always get their actions in like they wanted. What you're suggesting (I think) is that if a characters situation changes, they should get to reddecide their own action. For instance, Shiva gets grappled by a damaged gnoll, and you'd rather have her attack than try to escape since the enemy on top of you is injured. You want to be able to choose that.

Am I right?

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I'm not sure if this is what Plmnko was aiming at with the first half of its post, but certain things about the styles seem a bit off. (I'm just going to do a run through with my class).

Lances: Lances are often used to puncture armor and do massive Area of Effect attacks.
Level 1: Piece: Pulling back her lance, the Heroine jabs it forward, piercing through armor. D12, 6 AP, ignores Armor value.
Level 3: Wide Swing: The Lance is swung in a wide arc in front of the wielder, hitting up to five enemies. (weapon damage)/2, AoE, 10 AP, -20 to next initiative.
Level 5: Prepare: Giving up her next turn, the Heroine takes no damage from d3 attacks. 20 AP.
Level 7: Guard: The Heroine does her best to protect an ally. 20 AP, d3 attacks, Ally must be within 5 foot space.
Level 9: Lance Throw: Hefting her weapon above her head, the Heroine launches it towards and enemy. D(strength + ½ Dex), 10 AP, 15 feet away.
Level 11: Powered Armor: The Tank gains +10 to all rolls. EXCEPTION: This is lost when her armor is no longer functioning.
Level 13: Strong Materials: As long as she has armor, the Heroine takes ¼ damage.
Level 15: Rage: The Heroine can make d5 actions this round, and gains +20 to attack rolls. However, she loses -20 to all other rolls and is basically knocked unconscious (Left with 1 FP, 0 AP, 0 MP).
  1. Do style AP costs replace general attack costs? (So does the level 1 attack cost 6 or 16? If it's 16 then the level three is extremely underpowered with a -20 to init, 20 ap cost, and a damage of 1d4 with a basic lance) This thing about being underpowered can likely apply to many styles.
  2. The skills from level 5 and 7 I hope cancel successful grapples as, so far, the enemies seem to concentrate much more on grappling than attacking. Otherwise those abilities aren't very useful given their cost to use.
  3. I'm going to go ahead and say Lance Throw (Level 9) is the worst skill on the list aside from rage. You get to spend 10 AP (Or possibly 20) for a three square attack that, by the time you get to that style level (Probably in the mid 20's or so), might kill an enemy in one hit in return for leaving the heroine completely disarmed and therefore extremely vulnerable (Tanks move slowly and if the enemy isn't dead, they won't get back the weapon until they can get it from the corpse). For the skill to be of any use for a high level character, it should at least be a guaranteed kill on non boss enemies.
  4. What exactly does rage do? Given the current rules, it seems to be suicidal and gives no benefit.

Also, given the fact that green characters get double the attacks of anyone else, they will also gain double the number of style points and level their styles twice as quickly, allowing them access to powerful skills long before their teammates and opponents. Is this intentional?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That's a problem with team based RPs, players don't always get their actions in like they wanted. What you're suggesting (I think) is that if a characters situation changes, they should get to reddecide their own action. For instance, Shiva gets grappled by a damaged gnoll, and you'd rather have her attack than try to escape since the enemy on top of you is injured. You want to be able to choose that.

Am I right?
Not exactly... Redecisions before a turn can actually end can end up making turns take longer than they have to, depending on when that person who wants to redicide wants to hop back on the compy, and do the PM gig. I'm just suggesting that, in order to employ that level of control, turns go by teams, and not individual characters. So if an enemy group surprises your group, the enemy group uses their 20 AP first, then it switches back to your group, who does the same, allowing everyone to do what they want, and feel a little more control over the situation.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So, essentially, you want to get rid of initiative and have turns go by teams?

The problem is, essentially that's what happens. The players post actions, and then the GM does a whole bunch of rolls for both the PCs and the creatures and puts it all in one massive post, with some vague descriptions at some point.

Do you mean have the enemy and players teams have separate posts?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well... Yes, and no...

I suppose I'll tell ya what's goin' on in my crazy head with another enactment of what I'm thinkin' of.

Shiva, Lily, and Aegis are attacked by wild half-rabbit women on the beach. They are of equal level as the heroines, and outnumber them, 5 to 3.

Shiva commands everyone to stay on guard, and gauge the strength of the women, so that way they know what they're dealing with.

Shiva uses 20 AP this round to add to AC.

Lily uses 20 AP this round to add to AC.

Aegis uses 20 AP this round to add to AC.

Shiva's AP 36 / 16
Lily's AP 45 / 25
Aegis' AP 29 / 9

The heroine's turn is done. The enemy turn begins.

Bunny girl A moves towards Shiva, spending 10 AP, and making a grapple attempt, which fails.

Bunny girl B does the same to Shiva, coming towards her, but ends up spending 12 AP. The 8 leftover AP is added to next round's AP.

Bunny girl C does the same as B.

Bunny girl D and E both use 10 AP to get next to Lily and Aegis, and attempt to grab them. They both fail to grab ahold of the defensive heroines.

Bunny girl A's AP 25 / 5
Bunny girl B's AP 25 / 3
Bunny girl C's AP 25 / 5
Bunny girl D's AP 25 / 5
Bunny girl E's AP 25 / 5

The monster's turn it done. It is now the heroine's turn.
Now that the heroine's know the strength's and capabilities of their opponents, Shiva commands them to take positions.

Shiva attacks Bunny girl A, and 6 AP is added to her AC.

Lily Attempts to grapple Bunny girl D, to pleasure the female. She's successful, and pins the half-rabbit to the ground. She has 15 AP left, and decides to use the remainder of her AP to penetrate the bunny girl with the end of her tail.

Aegis uses 8 AP to move as far back as possible from the Bunny girl, in preparation for next turn.

The heroine's turn is done, it is now the monster's turn.

Bunny girl B attempts to grab Shiva, and is successful, and pins the white haired, half demon to the ground.

Bunny girl E uses 4 AP to chase after Aegis.

The monsters end their turn, and Bunny girl D has been penetrated.

Both teams are finished, starting new turn. All AP has been restored.
That's... How it's clickin' in my crazy head... >.>