What's new

Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

Hmmm what manner would it take for tentacles to be brought back up?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hmmm what manner would it take for tentacles to be brought back up?
Well, your stealth check might have attracted them. :p

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, your stealth check might have attracted them. :p
Yah. I did piss poor rolls. Those wisdom rolls above were all my luck ;-;.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

hmn, are we waiting for DM prompting or Vice Versa. *chuckles*

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm going to post, but it's a public holiday here and I have had a busy morning.

You could make a Lewdfinder update while you wait. :D

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm going to post, but it's a public holiday here and I have had a busy morning.

You could make a Lewdfinder update while you wait. :D
haven't been in the mood with all the ooc discussioning.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Post is up here then. :)

Since we're potentially getting into a combat situation, if you have OOC questions you want answered before you write out an action or attack, please post them here first.

Edit: Also, I had meant to put in something about Joe the Parrot and forgot. So here's what has happened with that:

Joe gave Vita and Rovana some privacy. He's not much for voyeurism. Rovana gets the sense that he's still in the house, somewhere downstairs, watching what is going on down there. He's a bit alarmed by the banging on the doors and the impending sense of being surrounded, but he's keeping quiet for the moment because, like his captain, he's a survivor and doesn't want to give away his position. If Rovana wants him to come to her, he'll fly to her in the next post update.

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rovana approves of the survivor mentality, actually (even if he can be summoned and send away and yada yada, as the eye patch indicates (ITS NOT FOR STYLE ONLY I SWEAR!) She likes her familiars sturdy. ^^)

Questions: I guess I have only one, are readied actions still a thing? Cause my characters cause of action would be to rush and see if the windows can be blockaded/fixed easily, then if not stealth and get ready to pew pew at whatever is trying to break through.. if it looks like something she can manage (man, zombie or not too scary looking werewolf, as opposed to evil vampire lord, giant werewolf and skeletons on fire or whatever. :p)

Also, small part of me wishes I had now not used my pirate-rogue but my stoner bard character cause they'd totally try to smoke the vampire, if in gaseous form. *nods sagely*

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

In 5e you can prepare your normal action on your turn and Ready it as your reaction for a specific trigger.

So, it's my turn, I want to stay hidden and attack the first enemy that comes around the corner. So I declare the trigger as "I attack the first enemy that comes around the corner."

After the trigger condition is finished, you can use your 1 reaction per round to conduct your Readied action.

---

I think you made the right choice with pirate. Stoner bard trying to smoke Strahd woud, uh... not end well for the bard.

Everything would go to pot. *ba dum swish!*

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Posting an update to Rovana's ooc question (please just put it in here though, rather than in thread, otherwise I might miss it for way longer, because I don't read IC posts too completely until I'm ready to post again.)

The windows are all really well boarded up, so she's only getting a very partial view. She'd see a massive wall of mist surrounding the side of the house that she looks out of, and would see a couple shambling bodies in the mist, stepping towards the house. They aren't extremely slow in the classical zombie sense however, though they do look like zombies.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Erotic zombies? Anyway, clearly something is more determined if we heard wood splintering and all that, is there a source of focused attack? It sounded rather acute.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After moving downstairs, Rovana (and others) would see that the main attack is coming from the front door and two boarded up windows, one that is in the dining room and the other across the way, in the study. It appears that blunt objects are being used to splinter the wood. If you wait a bit, you'll see that the enemies are using their fists to break through.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I see, thanks. I'd like to ammend my characters actions from attacking someone that is clearly unthinking to attempting to barricade The Dining room window, with chairs/table, whatever is appropriate, here is my str, gave it three rolls because I assume we have a few rounds of barricading.:
Roll(1d20)+0:
9,+0
Total:9

Roll(1d20)+0:
14,+0
Total:14

Roll(1d20)+0:
17,+0
Total:17

(Rovanas logic is that the tiefling is best suited to stand at the main door, as she can cause the greatest damage if a break through happens. Her logic to pick this window over the other is.. obviously this is closest to the wine cellar and or food supplies.)

p.s. if the campaign keeps going like this I regret not having picked expertise in stealth, wasn't sure how this campaign would handle it plus swashbuckler is more open on sneak attacks ^^

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You'll be able to toss some things in front of the dining window. It should result in several turns of delay, so the other attacks will come through the study and front door.

PS: We're in the first encounter of chapter 1 out of 14, not counting me making up stuff, I think you'll be okay having chosen stealth. Especially if I split the party up at some point.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So I can only delay, not avoid.. hm.. still best not to get flanked. I'll see how it plays out but if theres only one set of Stairs and the attack is focused on getting to Ireena Rovana may very well err.. go the survivors route and not fight to the last to defend that particular door. *nods sagely* more hide in shadows and trip undead when its safe. .. but I'm sure you have a plan for if several of the undead fail to get too far along the way.

Oh, one more question comes to mind.. Sneak attacking undead.. a thing in 5.0 or not?

I find myself liking the sneaky-dangerous talker pirate captain.
I'd advice not taking -too- long for a non erotic encounter, btw, in hopes of getting through it all, forum campaigns move a little slow.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The undead template does not prevent sneak attacks in 5e. Being immune to sneak attacks is a case by case basis.

As for non-erotic encounters. Given the whole campaign as written is meant to not involve sex or fetishes of any sort, and you haven't met with the major villains yet (might change momentarily) I think I'm doing all right giving some sexual opportunities.

There will be more, and I will try to attend to the fetishes you've all listed, but I'm not sacrificing story for mindless sex. (Personally, I find things more erotic when there IS a strong story to go along with things). So if there's an important scene with non-erotic roleplaying opportunity, I am going to give it some screen time.

Also, for those of you who like corruption as a fetish, how heavy handed do you want me to be?

I see the potential scales as being anywhere from offering your character a long series of moral choices, rewarding you steadily more and more for becoming more horny and more evil, or instead waving some magical spell and saying "Your character is now Lawful Evil - Sex addled."

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So I can only delay, not avoid.. hm.. still best not to get flanked. I'll see how it plays out but if theres only one set of Stairs and the attack is focused on getting to Ireena Rovana may very well err.. go the survivors route and not fight to the last to defend that particular door. *nods sagely* more hide in shadows and trip undead when its safe. .. but I'm sure you have a plan for if several of the undead fail to get too far along the way.

Oh, one more question comes to mind.. Sneak attacking undead.. a thing in 5.0 or not?

I find myself liking the sneaky-dangerous talker pirate captain.
I'd advice not taking -too- long for a non erotic encounter, btw, in hopes of getting through it all, forum campaigns move a little slow.
What is with the double post in the incharacter thread? Also dang, lotsa things happened oro.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Good, I always found that a bit nonsensical. While I can see critical hits it makes little sense for me you can't target the brain of a zombie or the heart of a vampire specifically.

Well! Well well.. with zombies you can tell the story AND have mindless sex though. *Ta tam*

Corruption: Well, she's not an innocent virgin, and I actually like her values as they are ish, its not all about the alignment for me, though a nudge towards more evilish deeds is quite possible .. and even likely along the way. To me, corruption is more of a sexual thing, a combinatin of being transformed and giving in to perverted desires more.

I'd give you huge props if that corruption would go in a direction that enhances the character rather than just changing them.. aka, tempting her by giving her more of a dread pirate feel.. at the cost of losing a bit of her innocence.. (even if she claims she has none anyway, she most certainly does)

Heck, I dun care, if you want to sent her ghostly apparition off to haunt her and turn her more ghostly, or have a vampire nom her, or have a crazy scene where she gets zombie-gangbanged, only to find out she can't quite die properly, whatever works for ya, go ahead. ^^

What is with the double post in the incharacter thread?
Didn't even notice I made a double post. I dunno, glitch in the matrix

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Possible for me to cast Flaming Sphere in a 5 foot radius in front of the door, preventing entry without stepping through?

Also trying to prevent the ball of fire from catching onto anything flammable by the big doors. (Vita will move or tear any flammable object away from the doors.)

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay, I'll just keep the corruption to lewdity, rather than to alignment for Rovana (as far as the fetish goes. If you murder babies, I will still have some serious ooc questions for you. ;) )

Also, I'm not opposed to ghost, vampires and zombies having their ways with you.