What's new

Chaos (Glenn;Ryu)

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Reviving Waymeet (Glenn)

As Glenn suspected, the source of the mews was in fact Aya, the cat girl happy to be let into the room as she so affectionately showed. Purring and rubbing against the side of his legs as she did, just like a common cat would. But he hadn't been the one to let her in though. Cynthia's appearance on the other side of the door surprised the man when she opened the door, her quiet voice hitting him with more force then seemed obvious. Aurine's comment before about the aeroplane was discouraging, but with this new information the Crow provided there seemed hope yet that he might be able to recover the aeroplane and get started on setting up something nice.

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check them out. If they're willing to help me, lending a hand wouldn't be much in exchange. I'm not normally involved in general construction though..." The man commented, lowering his hand to scratch Aya behind the ears a little. "What's this about them being attacked before though? By this... demon... Jezebel? Is this the same Jezebel you spoke of before? You called her a 'Cardinal Sin'..." Didn't she say something about ghosts before? The man's mind got a little fuzzy thinking about it. And now that he thought about it, where did these silky black pants and shirt come from.

'Wait a second... did she undress and redress me after I fell asleep?' The thought made the man rub over his ear with a little embarrassment. Especially as the finer details of the previous evening began to filter in. "... I don't like the sound of that. And I assume there are others out there too."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Cynthia nodded, "Yes, Jezebel is a Cardinal Sin of Hell, one of the leaders of demons, and she represents Lust." Cynthia revealed, before looking to Glenn as he wondered about his clothes. "I did redress you as you lay asleep," she said, seemingly answering his question. "You looked quite happy."

Then, she nodded, but didn't seem to care much for Glenn's concern. "There will always be dangers besides demons in these lands. You should not worry about it until you have to worry about it." She said while patting him on the head with her wing.

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

'One of the leaders of demons... meaning there are of course more. Great. Just great.' Glenn thought with displeasure. The special title alone had the man wondering if it was just a fluke, but of course it wouldn't be. There would have to be more than one sin. That didn't even count any other demon leaders with their own special names. Or even just the fact that there were demons in the first place. Knowing how things here worked, or still continued to seem to work, the man could imagine just how dangerous an encounter with a demon alone could be. As dangerous the thought, he still couldn't stay an idle one pondering just what kind of appearance they would actually take however.

At the answer to his question, Glenn rubbed the back of his had a little embarrassed. "I could've... well... you know..." He started to say, shifting his feet in the sudden discomfort. Her pat on the head helped, but he still remained tense as he gathered himself. "Your right. I'm just really starting to feel out of my element not knowing what all the local factions are. Or any of them really. Makes it a bit hard to plan accordingly. I guess I'll have plenty of time to learn about them once I get to this town huh?" Walking back over to the bed, the man checked on his equipment, double checking to make sure everything was accounted for and in order.

Unless someone interfered, he began to put his armor back on, dressing himself over the comfortable black shirt and pants he was currently wearing and redressing himself in a short time. It would have been nice to enjoy some private time with the others, specifically with Sona and Aurine to smooth things out but how he had awoken hadn't really helped to set the right mood. 'If only that dream had stayed so serene. I swear the Crow must of being doing something. I haven't slept that peaceful in ages.' He glanced at her suspiciously with the thought, and betrayed by the barest of a smile that leaked out on his own face.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"It's fine. This world is one quite chaotic in nature. Merely go with your gut instinct and you will find your way." Cynthia instructed him, while Glenn was putting on his armor. As Glenn began to slip his clothes back on, Aya followed him and began making playful swipes at the fabric and any strings she could see while purring from below. Once he was fully dressed, the cat would attack him from behind, putting her paws over his shoulders and her mouth to his earlobe before he'd feel her sucking on it while continuously purring.

Aurine made no sound. She merely glared before pointing her finger at Aya as a thin spray of water shot forth from her finger, and got the feline wet. Aya bolted from the impact of the water and fled from Glenn to hide under the bed. "I'm going to kill the cat, Glenn." Aurine stated flatly. Meanwhile, Sona got off of the bed and peeked under it, before petting Aya and cooing to her to comfort her.

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

Aya's playful swipes did little to stall the man from his redressing, being only that a few of his clothes had anything enticingwise for the catgirl to swipe at. A few internal fastenings offered some playful hanging to mess with, but the main culprit would always be his belt and satchel. The dangly material's straps shaking and clinking more than enough to catch her attention. Another time, he might have held the thing up playfully and guided the catgirl around by it's movements, but now wasn't the time. The town of Waymeet was calling, and the man was intrigued by what he would find there, and how it might work to serve his efforts to survive in this new world.

Not a moment after he had fastened the last bit of his belt back on did Glenn feel Aya pounce upon his back, her paws cupping over his shoulders. Her suckling on his ear drew a gasp out of the man, while her purrs had a strangely calming effect. He could really say he didn't like what Aya was doing, but he certainly knew another wouldn't. Sure enough with a slash of mystic water and a scrambling catgirl a moment later, Aurine glares became know along with her comment. "No you won't." Glenn replied just as flatly, before a twinkle appeared in his eye. "Hey, cheer up. At least it wasn't you being pounced and bitten again. When we get to the village, I'll see about giving Aya a task to do, though... she might just be preoccupied already. Cats love exploring new places right?"

Rising to his feet the man made his way over to Aurine to help her up, offering a hand if she was still on the bed and pulling her up onto her fin. Or more likely feet seeing how she would most likely use her magic to transform herself again. Which ever way she decided to raise herself, once she and the others had situated themselves Glenn made his way back to Cynthia and towards the door. "Thank you for letting us rest here, and for the words we had earlier Miss Crow. I'll keep everything you said in mind as we move on. To be honest I wish I could stay awhile longer and study a bit here in your family's library. Perhaps next time I stop by the tower?" The man inquired, raising a brow while quirking his head.

Once the others had shuffled out of the small common room, the man motioning for them all to exit, Glenn would move to join before stopping back a little to speak a little more privately with Cynthia. Either standing still or by keeping a slow pace with her. "Cythnia... I didn't say anything embarrassing while I was drunk did I? You... you really didn't tell them about... you know... ahem..." The man coughed slightly, still a bit suspicious that she hadn't said anything about his past to the others, even in a passing glance about it.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Aurine seemed taken aback that Glenn openly defended Aya. It seemed to make her think twice, though her second thought was evident when her face became quite dark. The darkness vanished when Glenn suggested sending Aya off on a task to do. "Maybe... Ione as well? So it will be just the two of us?" she inquired, seeming rather appealed by the idea, though still waiting on Glenn's response. In light of that, her fin turned into a pair of legs, and she accepted the aid from the bed gracefully with a smile of expectancy facing Glenn.

Meanwhile, Cynthia cocked her head at Glenn as he thanked her and called her Miss Crow. "Do not concern yourself. My tower is not far at all from Waymeet. You are always welcome." Cynthia assured him. Then, her head cocked to the other side when he began asking her of when he was drunk. "You did a few embarrassing things," was all she said.

And then, Glenn felt a menacing hand grab his shoulder from behind. The hand belonged to Aurine, and her happy smile was now a menacing one. "Go on," Aurine insisted.

"It's too embarrassing to say." Cynthia announced.

Aurine's grip tightened. "Ha-ha-ha-ha... No more alcohol for you, Glenn." Aurine stated as if it were the new law of Glenn's life.

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

"Something tells me we won't have to worry much about Iora." Glenn responded a little hesitantly, noticing she wasn't actually around for the first time. 'Probably guarding the carriage and enjoying the sun if she isn't here. With as much talk about how much she likes men... mainland men? Well with as much talk she'll probably give some of the men of this Waymeet a rough time.' The man thought, a strange image of the brown and gold eyed alraune wrangling her arms around a group of townsmen somehow, to everyone's chagrin. "That's the plan, though don't ask me about Sona. With the way she seems to vanish I'm never really sure if she's actually around plotting... things or not ahaha..."

He sighed a breath of relief when Cynthia didn't elaborate further on any of the antics that happened the previous night. His memory wasn't that bad; he remembered most of what happened. Getting drunk and then opening up a little, as well as the whole inviting the Crow to bed. The touch of feathers against his bare skin and... the man stopped himself before he was suddenly lost. It wouldn't have been good to lose himself with the tight grip now digging into his shoulder. At Aurine's comments about alcohol, he turned his head slightly toward her before looked back to Cynthia with a sigh. "If only it were that easy..."

He only let Cynthia see his downcast mood for the moment he held her gaze before working up a smile, taking the Sea Bishop's hand gripping his shoulder with his other and spinning around until he was merely holding it as if leading. "Come on. Let's see what we can do for this village." When they were ready, Glenn departed back through the tower with the others, Cynthia following suit to see them out. Just before they would be completely gone Glenn shot the Crow a look of gratitude. Knowing that she hadn't mentioned anything to them, even as troublesome as it might make their interpretations, lightened it's own load off the man's mind in a way.

'You're still going to need to tell them you know...' He knew it was true but maybe... just a while longer...

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"As long as no one interferes..." Aurine said hopefully, somehow giving off both a dreamy and murderous expression at the same time.

Watching Aurine, Cynthia would look to Glenn and state her observation. "You are a very unlucky man," she'd whisper to him. "And most likely, you will only meet more misfortune... But if you look at it another way, your life will get more exciting." Cynthia said with amusement, and possibly with an attempt to encourage him as well, but she looked more amused that Glenn would be having difficulties in the future, especially with Aurine.

Cynthia would wish them off with her best intentions as Glenn would make to leave. Aurine would happily wrap herself around his arm and lean a head against his shoulder. It was sweet in appearance, but a simple tug would reveal that Glenn would have to chop his arm off to get free of Aurine. Even then, she might just grab something else. Though, as he walked out, Cynthia would call Glenn aside for one more thing.

He'd have reached the outside of her tower before she emerged after him, holding a broken sword flat on her wings. "Take this," she announced. "Keep it on your person at all times, and do not hide it. Someone who will be able to fix it will come to you without your knowledge of them being there, and repair it slightly. When they do, they will leave you with the means to find them. Do so, and see if you can't make them an ally."

Glenn was free to accept for refuse. Either way, he'd find Iora by the wagon just as he imagined, resting in the sun on top of the magically made vehicle. Noticing Glenn, she'd roll over and wave to him. "Glenn! I'm going to need more of your seed, okay?" she called out.

"Starve." Aurine replied flatly while still clinging to Glenn.

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

As Cynthia handed or rather winged over the broken sword to the man and explained it's intention Glenn raised an eyebrow. He didn't really need another sword; his own three blades offered plenty enough in that department already. He wasn't about to just flat out refuse it though, especially if it was meant to attract a potential ally in this foreign land. "I don't exactly need another sword with the three that I've already have but... alright... if you insist." Compared to his own long sword the thing looked rather unremarkable. The blade was broken and dulled to the point that it was more a nice paperweight than a sword, and it's hilt was broken in bits along it's pommel and cross guard. How exactly was he going to carry this thing around on his belt?

Aurine's death grip on his other arm didn't help the man as he fiddled to harness the sword to himself comfortably. After a bit of effort he managed to hook it next to the scabbard of his own long sword just enough to prevent it from falling off, double checking just to be sure. 'That should do it. I wonder how this person is going to repair a broken sword that is always on me? Probably when I'm asleep or stashed my gear somewhere. Hmm... I wonder if Sona could... no... my stuff would likely just get all slimy. Maybe with some kind of protection...' Lost in his thoughts, the man slowly made the trek with Aurine and the others, all the way back to the carriage that waited for them.

When they finally arrived back, the plant woman was just as the man imagined she'd be. Sprawled out on top of the carriage soaking up as much sun as she could. Glenn made to smile at her, but when she spoke the smile dampened along with Aurine's flat tone. "That'll have to wait. We're traveling to a village nearby. They were attacked and abducted by demons, but have made their way back to town. I'm going to go talk with some of them to see about a few... personal effects of mine. And... Aurine has offered to join me with the discussions." The man mentioned quickly, motioning to the Sea Bishop with his hand and giving her a quick glance. "So we're gonna be busy for awhile. We'll also be partaking in the sights of the town too. Whatever those might be."

Glenn made a low grunt as his arm began to go numb, trying to adjust it under Aurine's grip. "You've still got those sap jars on you don't you Iora? There's got to be a man or two in town who wouldn't mind giving a flower some hospitality. We need... to make a good first impression and what better way that to show how compassionate we are right?" If Iora could be distracted pursuing townsfolk, that would keep her out of his hair for awhile, and get her filled up without having to be fucked unconscious again. A shudder escaped at the memory. "While me and Aurine are busy we'll try to learn a little about the surround lands and the town itself. I'd love for my 'land guide' to do a little research on this too. If you'd be so kind Miss Aya. Explore about and see what you can root out. Who knows, maybe you'll root out a mouse or two as well."

Two down, but that left... "And Sona... you've got quite the vanishing act." Glenn observed, moving over to the mimic and motioning closer, delaying for a second before bringing up the back of his hand to his mouth to shield it while whispering into her ear. "I'd love to learn a little more... intimate details of the town and their... possessions. Maybe you could have a look about and see if anything interesting catches your eye? Anything that could be useful to us in the future. Don't take anything though. Just a little spying job for now." Backing off, Glenn gave all of them a bright smile. "If no one has any objections than lets get to that town! If you are getting tuckered out Iora, I'll take over a bit pulling this thing. Hopefully, with my personal effects if we ever need to travel it'll end up being much easier in the future for us."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Inspirational Music - )

Cynthia would nod at Glenn, satisfied that he was taking the broken blade with him. Meanwhile, Iora looked rather disappointed at Glenn. "I guess..." she said, lacking any tone of eagerness. "If I can't though, you have to answer for that!" she announced to him, while Aurine gave her a dark glare.

When attention was brought to Aya, the cat mostly spent her time with her eyes wide, looking at various things moving in the forest. When he was done talking to her about his suggestion to scout around for him, a moment would pass, before Aya looked up at Glenn. An ear would twitch, before she'd say, "Nya?" in a gesture of inquiry. It'd become apparent that perhaps she wasn't listening to him.

"I'll get rid of her when the time comes..." Aurine said to Glenn, malice in her tone. There didn't seem to be a single person among Glenn's associates here that Aurine didn't hate to some degree, with the exception of Cynthia, though that seemed to change recently ever since that morning.

Then, came Sona. The mimic was cutely watching everyone quietly, and blinked at Glenn when he came close. After his suggestion, she looked rather indifferent. "I like shiny things, but isn't that place run down? You really think I'll find something shiny?" she asked, before looking extra confused. "You don't want me to take anything I find? If I find something I like, I'd want to eat it."

"Eat whatever you want, just get lost once we reach town..." Aurine interjected, before Sona made a simply reply. "'kaaay." She said with a rather bored expression.

When everyone looked ready to go, the thought of Glenn pulling the wagon looked like a rather tough job. He could do it, but the uphill battles would be tough. 'I could lend my assistance, though I'd suggest you get into the wagon.' Cynthia offered. Aurine would call Glenn up to join her inside, while Iora would take the reigns. 'I'd suggest you hold on tight.' Cynthia advised, before magic would build behind the wagon. Pressure could be sensed as the wagon remained still, before it felt to grow rather intense. 'We will meet again.' Cynthia declared, before the wagon suddenly bolted off as if frenzied horses were taking it. Iora let out a cry of surprise, keeping the wagon along the road as it sped along as if driven by a rocket. Aya let out mewls of complaint, while Aurine screamed in shock, clinging to Glenn. "Damn you, Cynthia!" she cursed at the crow.

The speed would continue for a good while, the trip exciting for minutes on end, with sudden turns and flying over hills, much to the fear of everyone. The wagon would begin to slow down after about fifteen minutes. It's speed continued to slow down, but the rate in which it lost speed never really accelerated. Rather, it seemed as if the power Cynthia put behind the wagon was steadily losing energy, as if it was designed to conserve it's force. By the time the wagon was about to die out, they were coming to a slow halt in front of a ruined town in the midst of reconstruction. Centaurs, elves, humans and goblins were at work, with goblins doing most of the labor, centaurs hauling in heavy wood, and elves carefully repairing what was destroyed, and humans doing anything that needed doing. Glenn's presence rolling into the town made everyone slow their work however, or outright stop it, to look at the newcomers.

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

Glenn was pleased that Iora took his suggestion without any fuss, afraid at first that she might simply object out of that previous attachment she seemed to have with him. Her lack of eagerness confused the man some. Didn't she say she liked mainland men before? But that was right wasn't it... this town would be full of natives, not people from outside the island. Maybe she didn't like native men as much. Or... she really liked the idea of using him and him alone as a food source. 'Yeah that's it. She packed those jars just to make me suffer more delirious days trapped with her...'

When it came to the catgirl, her obliviousness left the man frustrated. She really was like a cat; independent and... distracted by things that caught her fancy at the moment. She didn't seem taken with him at the moment, like she had been acting before. But Sona seemed better a case, taking what he said quite easily, albeit with her own disappointment. "Hey hey... you'll be surprised what you can find in rundown places. That's what being a treasure hunter is all about! I ask you not to swallow things because I don't want to ruffle people's feathers so soon here but... if you do find something really good, and I mean REALLY good, swallow it and keep it safe. I'll give whatever you find a look when we're alone in private alright Sona?"

As soon as Glenn and the others were packed on board the wagon, at the behest of Cynthia's offer of assistance on the journey, the man had barely a second or two to grab hold of something before a bit of magic happened. Almost as if suddenly taken by a number of horses, the wagon sped forth, rocking back and forth on the road as it threatened to tilt over in it's haste to wherever the magic was led to take it. Glenn let out a gasp at the sudden acceleration, and like the others frenzied his own grip on something to steady himself. Mostly the bottom of the seat with his hands, his knuckles growing white as they gripped the edge of it with all the strength he could muster.

The trip continued on it's harrowing pace for minutes, swelling fear and excitement in the man's heart at every turn and dip the wagon managed to swerve, before it finally began to settle down in it's pace, slowly decelerating at an even pace. He could feel his heart beating fast even as things returned to normal, and Aurine's as well. Throughout the whole trip she had clung herself to him, taking his arm at first, and then with a sudden bump, wrapping more totally around him with a death grip. Glenn couldn't say he didn't enjoy the closeness, but like before she was squeezing a little too hard, just barely near the point of being too uncomfortable.

Thankfully at the sight of the village she loosened up, just as the wagon too drove itself forward with the last of the magic power collapsing away bring it to a stop. It was a rustic looking place Glenn could see. Building mostly made of wholesale logs cut and put into place to form their structures. Glenn smiled at the sight. 'This place looks like a dump.' There were no roads to really speak of. Mostly more of the same furrowed paths like what they had just traveled on. No big important structures. Water tower, Sawmill, Windmill. He searched for any sign of a blacksmith, even if it was just a simple outdoor cart with anvil and furnace, but didn't see any at first glance. The place was very underdeveloped, even for a village that had just been attacked a day before.

'Maybe I can do something about that...' The man thought, still smiling lightly as he freed himself a little from Aurine and peeked his head out of the wagon, disembarking as the others surely would too. First though, he had to see how friendly these natives would be to their sudden arrival. Some of the looks a few of others gave made the man a little wary. "Hello there! A little bird told us there was a village that needed a few extra hands around here. We're here to help if you if it's alright. You guys wouldn't happen to know where the leader of this place is do you. There's a few things I need to talk to them about." Hopefully he'd be able to discuss with them about his own problem, while being able to help them with their own. He needed a safe haven to work out of, and what better place to start than a clean slate right here.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Upon hearing Glenn speak first, the villagers all blinked. "A little bird? Oh, you mean Cynthia?" a centaur replied, each of them looking to be rather familiar with the crow. "More hands will always be welcome." The centaur added, a recognized fact among the community, as others would be nodding their heads in acknowledgement.

The man nodded, "Waymeet is plagued with so many problems, least of which are wild goblins, alraune trappers, and most notably are dragons wyverns, and the undead." He announced, before looking back to the crowd of Waymeet's returning citizens. "The closest thing we have to a leader is the head guardswoman, Beatrice." He said, gesturing to an armed centaur. "But when it comes down to it we generally watch over our town together. We don't let any one person represent our town."

Last edited:
OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

"Sounds like a pretty wise policy..." Glenn commented as a villager mentioned how the town was run. A community full of people all looking at for one another. He pondered whether they had some kind of system set up for appointing duties, but considering from his first hand look of the town and how lightly planned everything seemed to be set up the answer to his pondering was probably a no. Outside of following this centaur Beatrice for security of course. "... ah... mostly. A little formed leadership isn't necessarily a bad thing. Or just organization..." The man shook his head clear of a tangent beginning to form. "Anyway, we'd be happy to help where we can. I do know some things about structural planning and assembly. And a little about erm... urban planning." He revealed, quickly glancing at the elves among the group to gauge their reaction.

After glancing back he continued, "There is a problem of my own that I need some help with however. You see I have this... vessel... that I need to be transported inland. I can't exactly do it myself with the supplies I have. Perhaps we could work up a trade? A helping hand for a helping hand?" He suggested, motioning with an open palm at the group. "I'd love to get the thing in a safe place where I could work rummage through it and maybe work on constructing a few things. Maybe set up shop here too for awhile..." Though he entertained the thought of setting up base in the town, the man had to stay realistic. The talk of so many threats near to town made him reconsider his choice, but what other option did he have? 'If I really want to salvage that wreak, moving further inland is just gonna make it more difficult. I'm gonna need the supplies left on board for any journeys I'm gonna make.'

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

( Inspirational Music Used: )

The townsfolk looked to one another as Glenn made his suggestion, though it seemed his idea of reforming how they ran the village bounced off of a brick wall. They didn't respond at all, and seemed rather comfortable with how they ran things. Still, they weren't ignorant of his offer and needs. Like ripple, a wave of smiles appeared, each mamono and human seeming to see Glenn in a good light. "It'd be good to have an extra helping hand with all the construction going on." replied a centaur. Though, an elf stepped forth first. "However, we truly need our homes first as a priority. If you'd be willing to help us, and restore our town, then I'm sure we could all lend a neighborly hand. We could even offer you a place to live among us. It would be mighty nice to have some talent given the constant total town destruction we suffer." she said it as calmly as if it were true.

"... Let's just help them, get your giant metal box, and leave." Aurine suggested, not seeming to like the idea of living in such a dangerous location. "There's no good to be had in being caught up in the trouble this town invites. A multicultural society like this can only meet such ends anyway. It's a waste of time thinking humans and mamono can leave in peace together. Asides from marriage, we need our space. Doing things this way just invites so much chaos."

Iora put a finger to her lips. "But... If mamono protected humans from bad mamono..." She began to suggest, but Aurine cut her off.

"Define 'bad mamono' for me, would you please?" Aurine requested.

"You!" Aya happily chirped at Aurine.

Aya received a firm water jet to her face, before sprinting behind Glenn with a whimper, looking abused and bothered.

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

Inwardly Glenn had a sigh of relief at the reaction the elves had shown so far. He had worried they might be very... rigid. Elves tended be more conservative in their ways, and very much against any kind of destruction of nature. At least in the man's experience. 'I shouldn't be relieved completely...' He chastised himself. '...just because they are being nice now about it doesn't mean they won't get angry later about trees and nature. This isn't so much a test of that just yet' Aurine's words accented to his earlier thoughts about the town and the dangers that were said to be troubling it, but her words about a society bounced off a wall of Glenn's own.

When Aya rushed behind him after getting another squirt of water to the face, his hand was already reaching down to pat her comfortingly. "Where would we go exactly? Neither one of us is knowledgeable of the locales around here. Besides, it's not like we have to stay in the town forever. And having a safe place to come back to whenever we're done traveling would really help us out. Me especially..." He hadn't meant to reveal the last part, and he covered it by quickly continuing. "There's also the matter of the wreak. Depending on what I can do with it we'll be here at least a week. Maybe less if a couple of items on board haven't been compromised. With the right parts I'll be able to automate the carriage. Then none of us will have to worry about overexertion."

Turning back to the posse of Man, Mer, and Mon inhabitants the man fluffed himself up. "Alright then. Where do you need me? It'll be a little tougher for me without my supplies but no matter. Let's get to work." Before he lent himself fully to helping them however, the man stopped in mid stride as he moved to join them and looked back at Aurine and the others. "You can leave this up to me if you'd rather. Or at least the heavy stuff. Do remember what I said before though..." The man reminded them, his eyes flicking between them and giving a wink towards the sneaky Sona before landing back on the sea bishop. "When I'm done we'll set some plans together alright Aurine? I know that part of you is itching to see what's around rather than stay. We'll figure something out I'm sure."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Aurine blinked at what he said to her. "Automate? You mean you have Magi technology?" she inquired. And if Glenn inquired, she'd respond by saying pretty much all she knows, which is that the Magi are humans who dabble in magic technology, similar to his flying plane.

"We've got some things we can have you do." a centaur woodworker replied to Glenn, and as it would turn out, he'd be given all of the light jobs. The mamono did all of the heavy lifting and difficult tasks, while the humans like Glenn were left with sweeping up dust along the boards, cleaning up splinters, and handing the workers their tools before he'd be assigned with boarding up walls and basic foundations. Glenn would have a fairly easy yet time consuming set of tasks. All of the mamono in his company, mind Aya, began to help to some degree. Iora stayed back there, conserving her energy because she knew she'd just get hungry again, and without her pod, that just left Glenn to feed her, with Aurine around. Though Glenn could possibly try to talk one of the men in town into feeding her. Would be a difficult thing to do, as most he'd speak to were already faithful to another.

After all the work was said and done, Glenn would merely be tired. He wouldn't have gotten an actual workout due to the lack of heavy labor. Aurine looked to be already cleaned up. Her dress spotless and smelling of the sea, while she awkwardly stood on two human legs, never quite having equal balance between her two feet. "Shall we go to the beach?" Aurine suggested, seeming to take a dominate role in the date they had planned, though sticking with what she knew obviously. She hardly looked comfortable on land. Meanwhile, the rest of the crew appeared to be missing. Iora, Aya, and Sona were nowhere to be seen in the town, and the villagers would vouch for it. Aurine seemed quite pleased with this, and was perfectly ready to make their escape before any would return.

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

Glenn raised an eyebrow at Aurine's response. "Magi technology? The things I know of machines and mechanisms comes from my own knowledge and experience. There are people here working with greater tech?" That answer appeared to be yes by how Aurine quickly explained of humans dabbling with magical tech. She didn't say much however, only that they did just so dabble with such things, and that they were holed up elsewhere for the most part. Whether that was because she truly didn't know anything else, or was once again being withholding of what she knew the man couldn't tell. His investigation stopped there, but he made it a point to learn more of these Magi.

For the moment the man found himself thrust into work, given tasks by the various people of the town that allotted him something to help out with. It was nothing special the things he ended up doing; mere light grunt work. Handling of planks for others to fasten, lifting of tools, sweeping up. In a way he was glad for it meant he wouldn't be so tired out. With the way that the people of this place seemed to operate, that sounded like a good thing. And a bad thing too. He eventually found himself boarding up buildings along with the other men, noticing Aurine and Sona also helping to contribute. Aya was... a cat. So she didn't do much. And thankfully Iora didn't do much as well other than hand a few light things here and there. He really had to find some vic... charitable people willing to donate to the plant woman's health as well.

He worked for a time, his arms only getting a little sting from all the lifting and working he did. The fatigue he felt was no where near the kind of fatigue he got from being assaulted before. It felt nice actually, and he relished in it for as long as he could. Aurine's presence put an end to it however, her shifting of legs and suggestion ringing out even as he took the time to take her in fully in that moment. "S-sure..." He agreed almost immediately, quickly rangled in by the sea bishop's arm around his own, pulled toward their destination while his mind still processed how incredible she suddenly looked. And smelled... wait this is what red flags are made of aren't they?

The others weren't anywhere from what he could see as he was pulled away, but it didn't bother the man too much. He had given them suggestions on what to do. He could only hope that they'd be peaceable and do them. 'Oh who am I kidding. Sona's probably the only one that will do anything. Aya's gonna go sleep somewhere or be distracted by butterflies. And I have no idea what Iora is gonna do. Unless... unless they all decide to stalk us that is...' And that is how Glenn's mind was as he was dragged toward the beach. Distracted by suspicion and skepticism of what the others were potentially doing. As well as the peaceful senses of the smell of the sea and Aurine's not-so-much-deathgrip hold on him.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Walking with Glenn, Aurine would seem to be, for the first time since he first met her on the beach, rather happy. Being around all the others trying to acquire his attention constantly bothered her, but like this, she looked very satisfied. While walking, still some ways before they'd reach the beach, Aurine would be looking at Glenn out of the corner of her eye. "What's wrong, Glenn? You seem distracted by something. You're not... Thinking of 'them', are you?" she inquired, her words like knives threatening to cut if not answered properly. Before he could answer, she slipped an arm around his waist and smiled confidently. "Don't worry about them, okay? They won't show up, because if they do, I'll kill them!" she declared with a bright smile. "Let's enjoy our first time together like this. Although..."

She trailed off as she reached the beach, and began looking out to the water. "It would be nice if you didn't drown underwater... I don't know any nice places on land." she said, as Glenn would find her to be sweating, clearly struck with nervousness now that she realized most of her potential hotspots for their date were in locations Glenn would suffocate in. Taking his hand, she pulled him to walk along the beach. "L-let's just walk. It's a nice view, right? Isn't it?" she asked him twice, as if to make sure. She oddly didn't seem to find the look over the ocean to be interesting at all. Likely she was used to it, though she looked more concerned about how Glenn felt about it. Rather, her face might as well have had writing on it that read, 'I am extremely nervous.'

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

Glenn focused back on Aurine at her question of his thoughts, but before he could answer she cheerfully assured him not to worry over it. While threatening to murder the others if they showed up. It caused his eyes to twitch as he inwardly sweated, but he said nothing about it. He really hoped the others didn't show up. Not that he minded their presence. He was just absolutely sure that the sea bishop's now serene mood would turn horribly violent if they did. And that mood was something he wanted to last a long while. The man hadn't seen Aurine this happy since the two of them first met. 'She really likes her privacy with others. Well... me...'

As she took his hand and pulled him along, the man matched her steps, giving her a small smile of his own. "It is. Especially here where everything is warm and nice. Where I come from there aren't many sandy beaches along the coastline. It's more rocky or full of cliffs. When wintertime comes along the ocean actually freezes because it gets so cold. At least if you aren't down south. You'd have to bundle up in so many cottons just to keep warm!" Glenn caught how Aurine's nervousness effected her, and he put himself a little closer to her to ease it, squeezing her hand some as well. "To be honest... I feel out of my element here. It's been a long time since I shared a beach stroll like this... I've erm... always been too busy..."

After awhile of walking with the sea bishop, he pulled upon her hand to further get her attention "Hey, let's find someplace to lie back and relax alright? I wouldn't mind getting my feet wet again... minus my boots and gear this time." She had to really be wanting to wiggle her tail again right? Aurine was a mermaid after all, and walking along the beach was almost like a sacrifice to her innate desire to dive back in. Glenn didn't want to torture the poor woman with incessant walking and a dip in the ocean did sound nice even if he couldn't explore it like she could. 'Another something I should see about fixing... I wonder if there are any kinds of water-breathing rings or magic I could look into...'

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

( Inspirational Music - )

Aurine looked relieved when Glenn seemed happy with the location. So relieved that she might have been carrying hundreds of pounds on her back only for the labor to vanish from existence. She was sweating nervously, with an uncertain yet determined look on her face. She still did not seem to know what she was doing, but was passionate about doing her best. Looking out to the water while listening him talk, Aurine seemed to fret a little less, and become immersed in his words. Hearing of the lack of a beach, and frozen water, she looked surprised. "Where water and land connects that isn't an ocean... The only place I know of like that is Undine's Temple, and you said... the ocean freezes?" Aurine asked, looking as if she had trouble believing him. "Isn't that... W-well isn't that impossible? Surely, magic was at work! A frozen ocean... I've never even heard of something like that." she said with pure astonishment. She seemed to forget about her worries with that to focus on. Though after a moment, she blushed and smiled. Forgetting about her worries for a moment was a good thing.

Aurine held Glenn's hand tight. Looking out to see, she had a dreamy expression on her face. "... You don't have to be busy anymore, Glenn... You know?" she suggested, seeming to be sounding a little selfish in her tone. "... If we got married... Right now..." she turned, facing him with a smile. "We could go into the water together. We wouldn't have to look back. Just the two of us... We could both leave everything behind. The rest of the world won't matter. All of it's wars, it's troubles... We don't have to be dragged into any of it!" she declared, before stepping in front of him, and holding both of his hands, bringing them together against her bosom, letting him feel her warmth. "Our sins... Our troubles... We can cut it all off. Start a new life together... I think..." Her smile deepened, as well did her blush. The fantasy seemed to make her heart beat faster, as he felt against her chest. "I think that would be best for both of us... To wash the blood and tragedy from both our hands..." she said, closing her eyes for a moment, almost as if in meditation.

Though, he wouldn't get to answer so simply. Before he could reply, and speak his thoughts on her dream, Aurine was turning and walking towards the ocean after letting his hands go, stopping just short of the waves. Then, she spoke further. And perhaps, her words might surprise him.

"I hate... This world..."

She heaved a heavy sigh, before reaching her hands into the air, taking a deep breath. "It's all so pointless. All of it. The war, the fighting... The guilt, the regret, and the shame... It's all ugly. It's horrible. We live day by day trying to survive in a place like this... When it should all just disappear, consumed by it's own spiral of chaos... But for some reason, nature deems that we survive... To out breed the rate at which we kill each other... I want a perfect world..."

"A perfect world with just me and you in it~" she cooed, turning her head back to smile at Glenn.