What's new

Chaos (Glenn;Ryu)

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Reviving Waymeet (Glenn;Ryu)

Glenn quirked an eye at the talks of threats and blackmailing, but said nothing. It wasn't as if he hadn't done some similar things before during his days. Even if he was trying to be better about it himself who was he to judge really? "Great. See what you can do. As much as I would say to negotiate and trade it's kind of a catch here; I'd be more able to pursuit that with my equipment first than not. Plus I can imagine what a bunch of solitary souls would pine for." Partners being the obvious he thought. Just the way that Aurine acted all clingy to him and dark about the others wasn't lost to the man. And he could imagine other sea mamono having a similar eagerness to hold on to a catch. Though perhaps not as grimly as the sea bishop acted about it.

"Do try to be discreet about it first." The man affirmed while rubbing the back of his still slightly woozy head. "We're trying to retrieve a bunch of wreckage off the seafloor. I can't imagine that will go unnoticed. I'd rather it be a few recruits than whomever might dwell in that Atlantis place. Getting reported could... complicate things..." He hadn't thought of it before, but the crow's warning about other beings with interest to him reminded him that he had to be careful with his own impacts. The sooner he could get himself situated into a better position with proper supplies and knowledge, the better he would be at dealing with further threats to come as he made his way in this land.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Aurine blinked at Glenn's addition of not wanting things to get reported. "What are you worried about? Glenn, if Atlantis finds out I'm doing something they don't want me to, it's my ass, not yours. Though, if you're worried about me alone, that's fine~" Aurine said, looking a little happy. "Hey, let's make a bet." She began, walking towards the shore. "If I can get your giant metal thing on shore by morning, you'll have to by my slave for a month." She declared. "If not... I'll be your slave for a month~" she cooed, making it sound like she wins either way, before jumping towards the sea, her lower half turning back into a mermaid as she made haste towards retrieving his plane.

A moment after, a nearby bush, unassuming in appearance at first, slowly began to turn a shade of familiar blue, until it's entire shape reformed into an even more familiar shape of a certain Sona sitting on the dirt with a smile on her face. "I had fun~" she giggled in announcement. "Hey, since the mission you gave me was just an excuse to play with Aurine, can you play with me now?" she inquired cheerfully.

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

"I didn't agree..." The man started, but by then Aurine was already diving into the ocean. Her legs transforming back into their fishy mermaid form. "... to any... bets." He watched the rippled waves of the ocean slowly calm following the sea bishops departure, running his hand down across his face. The people on this island REALLY loved the idea of making him a slave. A toy slave more like but still. If Aurine did somehow get the plane up in day it would be very covienent. He'd have to think of some way around that whole slavery idea. But with her magic... she probably wouldn't take no for an answer even with her... supossedly 'gentle' nature.

The first giggle put Glenn on high alert. Swaying around towards the source with just enough time to see the last fading images of the bush blink out of view. "How long have you been there? Please tell me you didn't just follow us right off out of town." He collected the last of his belongings on the beach, fixing his clothing up before sauntering over to blue haired mimic. "If you didn't do your mission why should I play with you?" He innocently asked, looking to the sky seemingly disinterested. "Out of everyone I had you pegged for being able to handle what I asked. Unless... you want to tell me something?" He asked, adopting a smile and an interested eye. Gripping both of Sona's shoulders while he gave her his full attention.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"There was no mission to begin with!" She whined, puffing out one of her cheeks angrily in a fuss. Though when her shoulder was grabbed, the playful mimic grinned. Without a word, she wrapped her arms around him and gave him a most direct kiss. Her pink lips embracing his own as her arms held him to her so he couldn't get away so easily. She held that kiss for a moment before pulling away with a giggle. Her left leg craning upwards in a playful manner. "The townsfolk are simple. Their homes are spartan because they recently came back from slavery." Sona revealed, though still looked rather agitated at his persistent chiding of her lack of accomplishment regarding his objective to her. "I was here since Aurine and you started doing it. I'm a bit angry that you sent me on a pointless task just to have fun with Aurine, so make it up to me!" she demanded, seemingly ready to cause trouble for Glenn if he didn't agree.

Sona ran her hand along Glenn's chin as she grinned at him. "After all... Mamono like me will die without love~" she announced, a bit of a fib on the actual truth of needing energy, but enough truth to get the point across. "So you have to love me a lot, because you don't want me to die, right?" she asked a morbid question, and with an innocent face while doing so. With a giggle, she continued, her hands on his shoulders now. "Unless... I'm not real enough for you? Is it because of what I am?" she asked, seemingly probing him for answers. "... Aurine isn't your only option, you know. I might not be real, but I'm good enough..."

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

Glenn stiffened as Sona quickly stole a kiss from him, her lips massaging his own for a moment or two. It left the man with a visible blush as she pulled away giggling, his look turning to a furrowed gaze and brow at Sona's comments of the task he sent her off on being worthless. "It wasn't pointless. I already figured they wouldn't have very much if anything. People who live like Waymeet does usually keep their good belongings close to themselves. Or bury it somewhere, and dig it up. But that's not the point. The task was a test, to see how well you could gather things while being disguised." And of course get a few freebies if they were available, but he left that part out.

The man fidgeted at Sona's hand caressing his chin secretly liking the feeling, and he listened with curiousity as she probed him for answers. "I don't want you to die but if you get into a bad fix it won't be up to me. That's why I need to know what you're capable of. What you can handle. That you can handle yourself. I've already got enough trouble worrying about myself on this island with how 'friendly' all sorts are appearing to be." He paused as he let that sink into the mimic before addressing her other concerns. "What exactly ARE you supposed to be? You mimic the shapes of others that's obvious. But you're some kind of magical construct too. Assembled from magic. And you have that place inside you. With the hexagram and... those black tendrils and... clones..."

A heaviness filled his skull for a second and Glenn quickly had to steady himself, grabbing his face and forehead once more with a hand. "Wow... my head just got really heavy for a moment there. What the..."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sona chuckled as Glenn explained his side of reasoning. "I managed to eat an entire person while disguised." She said, in obvious reference to Glenn. "Do you really need a test that's worse than first hand experience?" she inquired, still not sold that his reasoning was anything beyond an attempt to be alone with Aurine. Though when Glenn looked a bit dizzy from thinking of his time inside of Sona, the mimic wrapped her arms around him, steadying him. "You saw what I am, when you were inside me. When I kept you inside my heart. What that means, and what it's called, is for you to figure out~" she giggled. "You'll never know unless you spend some time with me." she cooed. Then, her expression turned serious. "Will you humor me, or not?"

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

The man opened his intending to speak a piece about being eaten, but then quickly shut it and closed his eyes. She had him there. Though whether she could replicate it when being pursuit was still something to be seen. He was steadied right fast with her arms kept around him, popping an eye slowly open starting at her comments about being kept in her heart. It sounding very much like the obvious hints that it was. Glenn frowned a little, his mind leaping to the worst that could come out of this, but upon hearing the serious tone of her voice and seeing her serious expression his frown slowly faded as he gave her a long and hard look. His hand slipping away from his face in the process.

He broke eye contact with a small laugh before shaking his head. "If you let me figure out how you work then well... I guess maybe you'll figure me out too. One humor for another?" This was going to end badly he knew. Not just for his pelvis but everywhere else certainly. And not even for the norm this island was doling out. "Come on. Let's get back to town. I'm pretty sure if Aurine sees you here she'll blow a gasket. That wouldn't be good for us. Or her. Or me getting that damn plane of mine back." Why couldn't she be like the sea bishop he had first met? She seemed like such a different person now. Did he really think she was more open a person once?

If Sona made now objections, Glenn would led them away from the beach. Traveling inland back the way they both had presumed to come from, towards the village of Waymeet. With all hinted threats of the wild the man felt much safer traveling along with another than going it alone again. As safe as one could be with a potential predator ready to lead him into another dark world of entrapment at least. "Say tell me something... you aren't just limited to simple things you can be are you? If I gave you something really complex... could you try to become it? If the supplies still down with the plane are still sealed, I might have some things for you to try out."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

( )

Sona grinned, seeming to take his answer as an affirmative. "Sure, that sounds good." she agreed, before walking with Glenn as he sought to escape before Aurine had a reason to lose her mind. As they walked, Glenn would be able to examine Sona in greater detail. She seemed almost weightless. Her steps in the ground left almost no traceable footprint, as if she hardly weighed anything. Even her hair seemed to weigh nothing as it flourished in even the most gentle wind, seeming to discretely change color in various threads in a magical display. Likely, it was due to her composition. As a mimic, all she needed was the appearance. She most certainly lacked the other important parts of a human being despite looking like one. She no doubt lacked organs and bones, though there was no telling what she had inside of her instead of all that. There was certainly space, as Glenn noticed that one night. Though she wasn't completely empty either.

As they walked back to town, a short five minute trek, Glenn would have Sona's attention as he called out for her. She turned her head, and smiled at the engineer. "You want to know if I can make my boobs bigger, right?" she inquired before he could ask his question. "I can~!" she cooed. After that moment had passed, Glenn was free to ask his actual question, one that seemed to make Sona think about her answer. "I suppose my one immediate limitation is Mass. The forms I can take are really good at tricking people, but I can't turn into a legendary blade that can smite demons, or anything like that. I can't become things that are too big, and most of my appearances are for show. Though, I can do a few practical things!" she declared, before lifting up a single finger at Glenn. Her finger, human in all appearance, slowly shifted before his eyes as if an illusion of lights played before his eyes. Her finger turned into a key, the kind used to unlock big locks and personal chests. "If it's small, I can make it very close to the real thing if I can figure out what the original was like. It's no problem for me to unlock doors and generally get to where I please~" she giggled, sounding rather pleased with herself, though was obviously covering up for the fact that she likely couldn't do whatever Glenn wanted her to, especially if it required a lot of practical use.

"Oh, I don't need air!" she said, as if it was consolation for her shortcomings. "If you need me to go down there, I don't need to breathe because I'm technically not alive. Have you ever heard of a golem? Constructed, inanimate machines made out of sandstone often, and given life via magic and an artificial soul. I'm kind of like that, but no one made me." She said, though she did hum a bit. "Though even if you asked me, I wouldn't know when I was born. I just grew, and gradually obtained the ability to think and notice my surroundings. The loose threads of magic were also plentiful around me, allowing me to eat and continue to grow. I guess that's how mimics like me are born."

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

"Heard of one? I had to take a whole course study on them years ago, and keep up with a bunch of supplemental stuff that has been filtering through ever since. Though where I come from they're not made of stone. Some are but it's usually metal and various synthetics." The man answered, watching the path to keep their headway back to town a smooth one without him tripping up on whatever debris was along it. "They're sustained by refined mana as a fuel source; humanoid models usually drink the stuff like we drink water. I've heard of some using mystic miasma to sustain themselves but I've not really heard of any being made out from it. Well, not commonly among most industrial processes I can think of. More arcane. But that requires a creator though. An input."

Hearing that Sona couldn't easily imitate more complex devices was a letdown, but the Glenn didn't let it bother him. He pondered if perhaps it was merely because she hadn't had much experience imitating such things, which would obviously be harder to focus on then say... being a sleeping bag. A creature that didn't have the natural experience of a body with many unconsciously moving squishy parts inside itself with complex functions; it would take some time to adjust to the weight of something like that. In all manner of the word weight. "If Aurine isn't able to get the plane up I might be counting on you then. I'd actually like to tag along too it that case. I'd need some kind of breathing device though and I figured since you could mimic things..."

After a moment of walking in silence he quickly had to raise the question. "You really don't remember when you were born? Surely there must be something from early on that you can recall. From what you said before it makes it sound like you just appeared on me when I fell into the sea. Or whatever you said..."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Course study? The heck is that?" Sona inquired with a raised brow, as if Glenn was suddenly sounding like some kind of crazy person. The more he said, the more confused she seemed to become. "What!? If you make a golem just out of stone and metal, won't that hurt when she tries to make love to her master!? What the hell do you guys do on the mainland?" she inquired with an incredible expression, though it seemed she was assuming the state of mamono existence wasn't limited to just the island, and it was. "At least the last part makes sense. I'm the same way, if I don't get lots of love from you, I'll literally starve to death. So make sure you don't neglect me, okay?" Sona cooed, grabbing Glenn's arm and rubbing up close to him.

"If you need to go into the water, I can store a lot of oxygen inside of me, and I can give it to you when you need it~" she giggled, putting an emphasis as if saying that she'd breath into his mouth through a kiss, and likely steal a little bit of energy in the process.

Though, when Glenn inquired about when she was born, it still seemed she wasn't clear on it. "I became aware, and I was in the ocean. I felt really vulnerable, so I basically became... Whatever was closest to me, curled up, and floated through the water because I was afraid that I was going to die. Then, I felt your life force nearby. So I clung to you, and hid in your pocket when I had the chance." she explained, before smiling.

"And then I ate you~!"

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

Another wave of dizziness gave Glenn a bit of trouble, but he managed it much better than the first. Laughing a little before turning to Sona. "Of... course. In your heart instead of elsewhere... like a stomach. Thankfully. If you do have a stomach, do me a favor. Don't digest anything I need you to hold on to alright?" He was still a little suspicious over the details of how she came to be, but with little understanding of the depth of this islands workings he decided it best to go with it. He could wrack himself over it later, and over some hot food and drink too, once they had settled things over with their arrangements in town.

It wasn't long before their journey back ended, and the two of them broke out from the forest and wandered back into town. For the man, his first concern was keeping an eye out for either one of the other two missing of the party. There was no telling what either of them had actually done once he had left off with Aurine. Sona had of course held true... unless she was just lying smartly. But that had yet to hold for either of them. Assuming it anything they had done wasn't catastrophic, Glenn pondered his next move. He still needed to settle in someplace, but without some kind of shelter that wouldn't be entirely possible. He needed some kind of home and workshop. Perhaps some kind of garage or utility hanger or shed some kind...

First though he at least needed some kind of temporary shelter. He quickly inquired about setting up some kind of makeshift tent within the town limits, picking a spot perfect to expand upon in the future with all the kinds of places he would like to have. "I don't need anything too great for now. If you have any material strong enough to hold out the wind and the rain it'll suffice. I'll pay for it however I can. I'd like to know if you have any books or reading material on the general surroundings of this region or it's inhabitants. It'd be great to know what all is around here. Maybe be a little smarter for it."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sona giggled, clinging to Glenn more as her breast squished against him more, a seemingly intentional act. "Technically, my heart 'is' my stomach. Whenever I get hungry, I start to feel different bad emotions. Conversely, whenever I'm full, I feel happier. Like, before I clung to you, I felt sad and afraid as I was starving. But once I had your energy, I felt so much better. So, my emotions are linked to how hungry I am, you could say." she announced. "So, just think about how much I'll be suffering if you don't feed me. I'll be crying in a dark corner, all alone and scared." She declared, putting Glenn under threat of guilt if he didn't oblige her.

Then, they arrived at the town. Glenn looked for the other two, and only one was missing still. It seemed Iora was incognito, while Aya was immediately visible. The feline was laying on her stomach on top of one of the roofs that were recently constructed. Her arms and legs were hanging down along the sides as she laid at the top of the roof, where it went down in two slopes so as to allow the rain to slide off harmlessly instead of building up. Laying up there, Aya seemed to be asleep. Her mouth was hanging open, and her drool on the roof glistened in the sunlight. She was dressed only in the black panties that she acquired from Cynthia's place.

After Glenn decided what he'd do about that, he'd stop a centaur as she walked through down with a great deal of wood strapped to her back. "You're looking for our resident know-it-all if you want knowledge. She's an elf with dark hair and purple eyes." The centaur announced with a little distaste. "As for a place to stay, it looks like a storm is brewing. That's not good camping weather. I won't stop you though." She replied, and informed Glenn where he could go to purchase something to make a tent. Unfortunately, due to the recent events in town, it seemed such things were in high demand. There were none readily available, though if Glenn asked around, he'd get a lot of girls willing to share their tent with him. Only him. The extra baggage he had with him was not welcome.

That's when a voice came from behind Glenn as he looked for a way to take shelter for the night with little signs of success. "I could shack you and your friends up for the night." a female voice declared. If Glenn would look in her direction, he'd see an elf matching the description of the one he was told to look for.

Even Sona looked a bit shocked by the sight of the elf. "She's pretty..." The mimic would whisper behind Glenn.

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

His sweeping gaze around town eventually did capture at least one of the people he was looking for. Aya crashed out on the top of someone's newly constructed home, testing the seal it provided by drooling copiously down the side. It was only after looking at her for a few seconds that it dawned on the man. She was wearing panties. Black ones by the looks of it. Nothing else, just those. It was the first set of clothing he had seem the girl wear since they met a day or so ago, which left him to believe she hadn't actually put it on herself. Another of Cynthia's random acts like how he gotten his own black clothing? Quite possibly and most possibly. He snorted lightly at the absurdity of it as he looked at them from afar, before his mind was then filled with thoughts of rears, that view of the Crow's nicely shaped bubble butt shaping her tight panties invading the man's mind.

The thoughts and view stayed with him, giving his loins a little stir as he contented himself that he wouldn't find just yet and that her and the cat girl should be fine. They hadn't caused a stir, and hopefully Iora would have done the smart thing and bartered some of her nectar drafts for some company in town. Perhaps she'd even be able to scrounge up some currency they could actually use besides him. How could there not be some kind of monetary medium besides that on this island? He still couldn't quite believe it. After speaking with the Centaur about his predicament, he approached the market for tent supplies only to frown. The supplies of workable tents were out of stock. Oh they had spare rope, fabric and fasteners. But it would all have to be cut, marked, tied and twisted into shape. Not to mention poles fastened from wood, which currently sat unshapen in piles of freshly cut logs.

'If that storm is going to be bad, I won't have enough time to make a tent myself.' The carriage could be used partially as a cover for a tent the man thought. He quickly abandoned the idea though. Depending on the storm it might just whip the tent cover straight out of the ground if the fasteners failed. The inn was a thought too, but with the amount of people crowding around it he didn't fancy being squished up in a common room there. A few listening ears yielded some very... friendly homeowners who were interested in boarding him up for the night. Just him. The others very much no so. "I've only got room for one~" He'd end up hearing quite a few times, sweating a little further each time it was said.

Glenn was about to simply say whatever to the whole mess and just bring the carriage over next to a building and use it with some supplies as a temp cover like he originally thought to when the voice from behind caught his attention. An offer to shack ALL of them? His brow raised in interest. Taking one look at the woman she immediately matched the person the Centaur had described earlier, and just like Sona he was caught for a moment admiring her. He tried his best not to show it however, wanting to stay mostly professional. "It would be most appreciated miss. We'll try not to be much trouble to you and yours. I believe someone in town said you were a knowledgeable sort? I happen to be looking for some help learning more about things around here. Perhaps I might be able to purchase something from you of that sort?" He made sure to ask, before raising a hand out in greeting. "My name is Glenn, and this one behind me is Sona. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Inspirational Music - )

The elf giggled, "It's just me. I live alone." she explained. "It's strange to assume that an elf lives with anyone but herself. You must be a mainlander, yes?" She inquired, before putting Glenn at ease if he was embarrassed. "Don't worry about that title, there's nothing wrong with it. It just means you have a lot to learn about our world." she said with an encouraging smile. "We elves often live alone because it's hard for us to fit into other societies. Normally, elves like myself do not leave our forests, unless we either leave, or are banished. I myself left." she explained. Then, she nodded about being knowledgeable. "Indeed I am. Tis the reason I left my home. You can only learn so much when you look at the same trees every day. I can share what I know, and some of my books with you, but I don't intend on selling them. My books are handy to have around, and I'd never part with them." she declared firmly that Glenn wouldn't be walking away with her texts.

The elf nodded at both Glenna and Sona. "It's a pleasure to meet both of you. My name is Duvain." Duvain declared, before taking Glenn's hand, and raising it to her mouth and placing a kiss on the back of it while smiling up at him. "You have a firm hand. A construction worker of some kind?" she inquired, still holding his hand as if inspecting it. "Perhaps an engineer?"

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

Glenn blinked a few times as the elf extended her greeting to him in a very formal way by taking his and laying a light kiss upon it. It made him feel a bit uncomfortable seeing how he expected a simple handshake, but he supposed he couldn't fault it. Though she was an elf, perhaps this was just how her society had evolved in greeting. Or just her personal preference really. If she was as knowledgeable as the people of the town said he'd certainly have time to figure it out one way or another. "Why yes I've... worked in the trade of machines and their study. Though my hands are not so tempered by oil alone... as I would have liked." He replied, slipping his hand away from her slowly and controlled until it was back by his side.

"Anything you could share would be appreciated." He stated a bit disappointed that she hadn't any extra books to part with. "Perhaps a blank tome would be more part-able? A journal to jot notes down and store things would help me quite a lot." If he couldn't get the books themselves, then notes and sketches would have to be the next best thing. He'd even be able to write things down on whatever journeys he might have to undertake too, to help him remember things he'd probably forget. "You said you are from the forests and your kind usually stays there. Elves do not normally involve themselves elsewhere?" He asked curiously, the man wanting to know what kind of reach and impact the elven societies here might have. Last thing he wanted to find out when it was too late was that they abhorred something he should have known. Like what a few places back home felt about his own kind.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Duvain raised her head in a half-nod of understanding following Glenn's description of his tasks following the formation of his sturdy hands. "I see... I was mostly right." she said, still sounding proud of her analysis regardless as she let his hand retreat back to its owner. "Well, Glenn. It's certainly nice to meet a man fond of mechanics who's not a Magi." she declared. "If I dare to say so, it's actually quite nice indeed that you aren't inclined as to be villainous with your mechanization. Not to say all Magi are bad, but like elves, most of them are. I'm not ashamed to say that." she stated, speaking of her own species without any attempt to defend them. As well, Duvain was already talking with a sort of familiarity that normally belonged to a neighbor known for an extended period of time. There was only a little reservation made for the sake of politeness, but otherwise she spoke as if she and Glenn had been giving each other glancing exchanges of conversation daily. "Though such is the predictable nature of living in a place like this. Mainlanders like yourself are often a mixed bag, always interesting minus the weird ones." She giggled.

Duvain smiled fondly at Glenn when he requested paper. "Naturally I have paper to spare; however, it will cost you." she declared, suddenly deciding to charge Glenn a little after all. Still smiling, she stated her price. "Can you cook?" she inquired. "I'm interested to see some mainland cuisine because for most of my life, I only ever saw the village I was born in, and ate the same food over and over. Not always the same dish mind, we have a little variety, but our dishes are but a small portion of what the world has to offer." she explained. "Which I suppose answers your last question somewhat? Indeed, 'pure' elves do not wonder outside the forests while guarding them ferociously. Our magics prevent the succubus curse from polluting the air around our trees, but our attempts to keep out the curse are zealous to the point of lunacy. We exile our own even on mere suspicion of succubus contamination, purely out of fear." Duvain announced, her mirthful expression gone. "So... In interests of learning more of the outside world, as some exiles do, I left. Leaving automatically makes them regard you as an exile by the way, so it's all the same when it means you aren't welcome back." she said, apparently a memory she wasn't fond of.

"But enough about me," Duvain waved her hand. "If you will be so kind as to reward my generosity, I would also like to hear about you. What kind of engineering work did you do?" she inquired, before motioning Glenn to walk with her, along with Sona. "Come, tell me about yourself on the way to my home. I shant allow you to leave out a single detail, I must know." she insisted.

Last edited:
OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

As he expected Elves here were quite the conservative lot, at least if Duvain's words were to be taken. Isolating themselves to keep out whatever effects this curse had on them to protect themselves. It didn't answer much about what their views of outsiders were, or especially how they felt of humans but if he had to make a guess it probably wasn't good. He didn't want to know how they might feel about a mix either in light of that thought. He grew up in a place that thought highly of it, but the man wasn't ignorant of the many other places where such a thing was thought very unkindly of. A blessing then, that he looked as much he did when he could have easily inherited those all to revealing ear points like the rest of his siblings had.

Some suspicion rose in Glenn as the elf talked the way she did, acting as if the two of them had been long acquainted and known of each other. For the sake of having a place for he and his companions to rest for the night he controlled any urge to air it however. 'Perhaps this is that Centaur spoke of her the way she did' He idly thought, listening on to her questions about cuisine and his types of work. "I suppose I could whip something up, if I had the right spices and materials. If you have some fresh fish, potatoes, cornmeal and flour, eggs and some oil and think I get something going." He could already imagine the dish cooking in his own mind, making him salivate a little at the thought of the finished product.

At the question of his line of work, Glenn took Duvain's lead as she lead them towards her home, grabbing his chin and giving it a thought. "Well... at first... I did a lot of precision work. Smaller things. Welds, machine press work, adjustments. I was doing some work on smaller internal components for mechanizations. Internal motors for everything from vehicles to automatons. As time went on though I ended up doing a lot more machine component designs. A lot of it was for industrial machines and Refineries. Not just normal ones either. Mana Refineries. I had to put together a lot of anti-radiant designs to keep the parts from just melting under all the magical energy being produced. And of course to keep people safe so that there weren't any... magical accidents..." The man gave a small laugh. "I actually got offered to work in a 1st step Refined Mana powered facility once because of my experience with shield designs. You won't catch me working in one of those dead traps..." The man talked on, oblivious that a lot of what he might be saying could be going over Duvain's head, let alone anyone elses.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Duvain looked a bit awkward as Glenn laid down a list of things he'd need. A bit of silence would come from the otherwise talkative elf, before she chuckled nervously. "Ah... Well if you could... I mean, we'll need a visit to the market, yes? I'm a bit short on funds, so I'd gladly accept this as your payment of stay~" she cooed, while trying to butter up the phrase "I'm broke" as much as she could.

Though, at his talk of mana refineries, Duvain seemed everything but confused as she nodded, following along with what he was saying. "Ah, so you've made golems and the like, eh?" Duvain declared.

Sona immediately followed up with a nod. "Yeah, he made golems out of metal and other hard materials."

Duvain blinked in surprise, before looking to the side with a bit of a hidden expression. "Wouldn't that hurt...?" she murmured.

"I know, right!?" Sona exclaimed. "Mainlanders are crazy!"

Duvain thought for a moment, before raising a finger in pondering. "Ah, might you mean something along the lines of a large, non-humanoid machine, Glenn? Surely you wouldn't design a she-golem with metallic genitalia, hehehe~" Duvain chuckled. Though regardless of his answer, Duvain would point to another part of town. "Come, let us walk and talk while we go shopping. You've the funds, right?" she inquired, indicating further that she was broke.

OP
Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

Reputation score

'Funds?' The elf must not have known he had only just arrived on this island only a short time ago to be asking him about paying for the food supplies himself with actual currency. If that was even what she was hinting at. He remembered the talk Aurine had given him before about what most of the populace of the island would direct at him as recompense for goods and services, so there was a possibility she was talking about that. "Of course. If it's not enough I have a few things I could barter, certainly..." Clearing his throat he turned to Sona. "Sona, could I talk to you for a moment? I need to ask you about that 'thing' again."

Leading her a short ways away for a moment, once they were hopefully out of earshot Glenn leaned close to the mimic to speak to her in confidence. "Remember how I said to keep an eye out while looking around but not touch? I need you to scrounge up a few pieces for me. Nothing big or fancy, just enough to purchase these few food things. Otherwise well... I might need to go ask... Iora... for a bottle or two." He replied, gulping a little bit out of sudden anxiety at the thought. Both at how she would react, and the possibility that the bottle would more likely be for him at some point considering that main method of pay that many of the islanders fancied.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Inspirational Music Used - )

Turning to Sona, and asking her to step away with him for a moment, he'd be first replied to with a wide cheshire grin. "Things? You want to talk about thiiings?" she said with a coy and playful tone. With both her arms behind her back and a wide grin, there was no doubt her mind was going wild with not-so-polite thoughts.

Once alone with Sona, she was the one to speak first while Duvain waited with a curious expression. "So, what kind of 'things' do you wanna talk about, Glenn? Are they the kind of things you can only ask me? Something like..." She leaned in closer, her chin almost touching his. "A dirty little secret just between us~?" she cooed. Once explained, Sona's grin widened. "Hee-hee-hee~" she giggled. "You want me to do something like that... But you know..." She put a finger on his nose. "I wouldn't do something like that for just anybody. I have standards. I'd probably do it for someone very important to me, who loved me a lot, and paid a lot of attention to me. Someone who gives me treats, lap pillows, and massages with whispers so romantic~" She cooed with her eyes squinting from her raised cheeks and wide smile, her eyes staring into his own, blue irises turning pink with a spiraling shift of color. "Oh, if someone like that existed, I'd do anything for them~" she moaned with mirth, before wrapping her arms around Glenn's shoulders and putting her forehead against his. "If only someone like that existed~"