What's new

A thread for any more DragonAge Fanfics i write

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
Because I lied. I cannot seem to STOP. I'm SO BAD.

"Present" Zev/Alistair

As Zevran lay on the bed he wondered when this game had spiraled out of his control. Oh, it had started innocently enough; with the same teasing he’d been giving to their Adorable Dalish Warden, Lorden. Except Alistair never responded to the teasing with anything more than a blush and to poke angrily at the fire.

All in all, it was more satisfying seeing the other elf in the party blush, because he did so, frequently. The poor boy had lost his previous lover Tamlen, and now refused to open up to anyone. Well, Zevran knew what he wanted to do about that, however at this point such thoughts were moot and very distracting as a callused hand left his wrists tied to the bed and pinned above his head. No one surprised Zevran, or at least, no one had before Alistair. It just was not done, a warrior surprising an Assassin, unheard of. Especially not in this Inn which creaked all too often.

The ex templar’s other callused hand was currently tracing patterns on Zevran’s chest, fingertips skipping over scars and lightly brushing his nipples. Zevran was NOT going to beg. However, a certain amount of wiggling was acceptable.

Alistair frowned thoughtfully, seriously, and said, “Zevran, just because I’m virgin, doesn’t mean I haven’t been taught a few things. It also doesn’t mean I’m innocent.” He trailed those callused fingertips to the waistcord of Zevran’s breeches, and then trailed a single finger over the Antivan’s half formed clothed erection.

Zevran wiggled his hips a little more, trying to force contact, “So why go through all this trouble of ambushing me in my room, hm? I did not even think you could be that quiet, I am impressed.”

“Because I know you well enough now to realize that you’d take any explanation of mine and use it to mock me further. I take sex very seriously Zevran. My first will most likely be my last.” Those callused fingers were edging their way past the hem of his pants and Zevran stilled, a small measure of alarm crawling through him. Alistair noticed the lack of movement and grinned a goofy little grin, “It’s amazing how talk of commitment frightens you more than the archdemon. Don’t worry Zev. I’m not here to wring a promise out of you. All I want is to shut you up for a change.”

Zevran hissed as his breeches were tugged down, and caught himself wishing that Alistair would just hurry up, and stop staring at him like he was a full course dinner for nobility. And just like that it seemed his wish was to be granted.

Alistair was leaving feather light kisses along his thigh, large hands holding his hips down as well. Zevran was not in control of this situation at all. Something he was not used to. And Alistair was intent on making this as trying as possible. The ex-templar nuzzled the juncture of hip and leg, sliding his tongue along the boney skin and nipping every now and then.

“Maker’s breath Alistair.” Zevran was a professional, through and through… but something about this… unhinged him. “Are you trying to kill me?”

Alistair’s deep chuckle rumbled through his torso and vibrated Zevran’s legs. “Actually, you could say that.” He pressed a light kiss to the tip of Zevran’s erection, then stood and left. Presumably back to his own room.

Zevran blinked for several seconds, very confused about what had just happened. The he started cursing, muttering to himself as he wiggled and tried to get free.

“Zevran?” Lorden’s tenor floated across the room, and the door opened, the white haired Dalish holding a piece of paper in his hands, “Why is there a note on the door that says ‘Happy Birthday’?”

Zevran chuckled and called out, “Well, apparently Alistair left a present for you, its in here. It's rather large.”

Lorden poked his head around the corner, saw Zevran, and then hit the floor. “Maker’s breath!”

Zevran was laughing full out now, full of admiration for the sneaky warrior.

Sequel to "Present" My first threesome. I'm so proud. Zev/PC/Alistair

Lorden shot himself in the foot.

He’d been attracted to Alistair, made it known, even kissed the ex templar a few times… and hadn’t discouraged him when Zevran began to make his feelings know for the young Dalish man… especially after Alistair had gone to the trouble of tying the Antivan up as a present.

So here he was, seated on a bench in his room at the Spoiled Princess and staring at the both of them and wondering how he was going to get out of this one without hurting anyone.

“I will be more than happy to step back, if that is what you wish.” Zevran said, but Lorden could see the pain in the Antivan’s eyes.

“And I could do no less, if that is what you wished of me.” Alistair’s voice even sounded pained, let alone those big puppy eyes…

Lorden was near tears in frustration, “Why do I HAVE to choose?” He said desperately, “Why?”

Zevran and Alistair shared a *look*. Lorden was terrified they were both going to leave him at that point. Then they turned back to him with eerily similar smiles.

“Well, when you put it that way…” Alistair started.

“Why indeed?” Zevran finished.

Lorden gaped, and then grinned so wide he thought his face would split, he was feeling rather giddy. Then Zevran and Alistair descended on him, like a pair of ravenous wolves. He was suddenly swamped by the feeling of two pairs of hands, everywhere. Touching, stroking, holding… Two mouths on either side of his neck, oh Creators.

His breeches were being slid off of him, and his shirt. He was like a puppet in their hands, ready and willing… oh so willing. Those hands touched him everywhere, molding him into a morass of heated feelings and flesh. Till all he could think about were those hands and tongues… Oh creators! Two mouths, two! He could feel both of them nibbling, licking, sucking his erection…

Fingers pressed into him, thick and callused… Alistair’s. While slender ones continued stroking him, along with those mouths.

He could barely breathe. He knew he was making noise, but what it didn’t matter. He babbled, hardly understanding the syllables issuing from his mouth until they were cut off by a kiss. A deep, probing kiss that spoke of many more, of nights like this forever, of passion and fire and lust, but also love and tenderness. Stubble. That was Alistair. Those lips let his go and he keened, eyes closed he blindly reached, and was promptly silenced with another mouth. Smooth. Zevran. These kisses also spoke of many more nights to come, love, passion, fire… Their kisses were so similar, yet the two of them could not have been more different.

He was pulled backwards, into a lap. Stubble against his neck meant it was Alistair’s. He felt the human’s erection, slick against him, and he was impaled. He uttered a hoarse cry, and his mouth was filled. He moaned around the cock in his mouth, doing his best to please the Antivan while he drowned in the sensations surrounding him.

One set of hands, pulling at his hair digging into his scalp, the other… callused pumping his erection in time to the thrusts. He wasn’t going to last too much longer. Not long at… there! Alistair angled just right and through his closed eyes Lorden saw white. His muscles seized and he rode out his thundering orgasm, barely aware of Alistair crying out behind him, and swallowed eagerly when he heard Zevran above him.

He was dimly aware of them helping him to the bed. He wasn’t even conscious enough to wonder how all three of them fit. Instead he curled up between them, content in the warmth that surrounded him.

Zevran and Alistair grinned wearily over his head at each other. “This was great idea.” Alistair said.

“Indeed.” Zevran chuckled. “We will have to thank him when he wakes.”

“I think we’ll be thanking him for many years to come… right?” Alistair sounded a bit… hopeful.

Zevran grinned at Alistair, “I believe so. I don’t think I want this to end.” He leaned over, and kissed the ex templar softly. “I believe I’ve found something I’m going to cherish for a long, long time.”

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: A thread for any more DragonAge Fanfics i write

I always hated that conversation in the game. Way to make it work! *grins*

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Oh I hate it too. That's why i made this a triad. xD

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Ohayo. I wrote some more. This will end up being another M/M/M ficlet. But here's the first part, devoid of sex, and just mountains of stress on my poor elven mage. It was written as a challenge from another site to do an Anders/PC/Alistair fic.

soyeah. >.>

Mithvakha moped into his mug of ale. How many was this… three? Four? He didn’t know. Didn’t care. It had been *months* since he’d seen his lover. And self gratification only went so far. Not that he’d even had much time to do that.

As a Mage, Grey Warden Commander, and Arl of Amaranthine he’d had his hands full with keeping the newest threat tightly controlled. Despite *that* danger finally gone he still wasn’t allowed to relax. His lover’s proclamation for Circle Freedom hadn’t gone over as well as had been hoped and now he was being hounded by both the Circle and the Chantry.

The Circle wanted him to come back to them and add First Enchanter on top of the other heavy titles he wore, and the Chantry wanted to place him in custody for being an Apostate. Never mind that he couldn’t live at the Tower anymore because of his duties, and never mind that once one became a Grey Warden everything *else* became irrelevant. It didn’t matter what you were before, becoming a Grey Warden was supposed to make that go away.

And then there was the matter of Jowan, who he’d set free at Redcliff. His old friend had showed up in the dead of night seeking refuge. Only Anders’ pleading had an effect on him and he compromised by throwing Jowan in *his* dungeon. The only solution to the matter (if he didn’t want his friend to become a tranquil) was to invoke the Right of Conscription, and he’d already angered the Chantry by doing that with Anders after he first arrived at Vigil’s Keep. Hopefully this situation could be diffused as soon as the Circle was granted its freedom. Then he only had to worry about angering the Circle, and didn’t have to fear repercussions from the Chantry.

Until then he was going to spend this night face down in his mug of ale and hope that Alistair showed up and soothed his worries away with a night of loud, fervent sex, and a good massage afterwards.

And then someone tapped on his shoulder. Without turning around he groaned and took another swallow, “Maker’s *breath* what does an elf have to do around here to get some time to himself?”

“Sorry there Commander.”

Mithvakha turned around and sighed, “Sorry Anders. It’s just… frustrating.”

“I know, I know. I wanted to see if you wanted a drinking partner since the dwarf is passed out over in the corner.” Anders sat in a seat across from his commander, chuckled and pointed to where Oghren lay snoring.

Mithvakha wrinkled his nose and nodded, braids slapping the base of his neck. “I really need to redo these…” he muttered, tugging on one of the cornrows. “They’re starting to look a little shabby.”

“I could help.” Anders offered, “I remember helping quite a few friends in the Tower with theirs when I was younger.”

Mithvakha nodded again and stood on wobbly legs, “Let’s go now then.”

Anders was on his feet in a flash, supporting the smaller mage. “Here ya go Vakha… let’s get you to your room.”

Mithvakha nodded, drained the rest of his mug and dropped it on the ground, before allowing himself to be led back to his chambers. His head swam and he let himself be laid on his bed, face down. The alcohol was starting to hit him hard and he nuzzled the pillow as large muscular hands started massaging his back. “Mmm. Alistair…” he murmured.

There was a chuckle, “Not Alistair…” and a nose nuzzled his ear and then he felt someone nibble the tip.

“Anders?! What?!” Mithvakha started to turn over. “What are you doing?”

Anders chuckled again, “I’m seducing you. What does it look like I’m doing?”

“But? I…” he started wiggling away from the other mage, “No you can’t do this.”

“He can’t do what?” Mithvakha looked up and saw Alistair leaning on the doorway, grinning.

Anders stood up from the bed and grinned, “I was wondering when you were going to get here. You almost had me worried.”

Alistair laughed, “Worried? You seemed to be doing just fine without me.” He crossed over to a now very confused Mithvakha and placed a kiss on the elf’s forehead. “Hello love, confused?”

Mithvakha looked back and forth between the two blondes and nodded. “Very. What’s going on?”

Alistair sat beside him on the bed, and put an arm around the brunette’s shoulders, “Anders wrote me a letter about a month ago expressing his concern for you. He’d told me how stressed you were, how you’d been drinking enough to fell Oghren every night. We exchanged a few more letters and he finally asked me if he could do anything to help you relax.” Alistair quirked a grin, “In a lot more explicit terms of course. And I agreed. But only if I could be here as well.”

Mithvakha stared at his lover apprehensively, “You… agreed to this?”

“Of course. Seemed like a fun idea.”

Mithvakha stared at him, “Who are you and what have you done with my Alistair?”

Alistair and Anders let out similar chuckles. “I’m myself my love. Trust me.” And then Alistair proceeded to kiss Mithvakha senseless.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Mithvakha’s senses were pretty well scrambled right now, and the kiss made them even more discombobulated. He felt hands on his shoulders, massaging them, soothing him. He relaxed a little; If Alistair said he was alright with this…

“There you go… That’s it…” His lover’s soothing voice in his ear, and he relaxed even further.

He let his eyes slip closed and sighed, leaning into the soft touches and gentle caresses. He felt himself being pulled up to his knees, and the warm bodies leaving him for a moment, before they returned. He kept his eyes closed though, unwilling to leave behind the realm of pure touch that he’d entered… until he felt nips along his thigh and his eyes flew open to a lap of long messy blonde hair. The other mage was kneeling on the floor, elbows propped up on the bed.

“A… Anders?” A tongue, slithering along the line of nips, and then he felt Alistair behind him, gentle kisses along the shell of his ear, raining down upon his shoulders and he closed his eyes again, giving over to the sensations.

Alistair continued to kiss his way down Mithvakha’s spine, gently massaging the flesh as he went. Anders palmed his erection, causing the elf to hiss and arch forwards. Twin chuckles, and there were fingers rubbing his entrance, slick, teasing. He was conflicted, confused, wondering if he should arch forward into the hand or wriggle backwards onto the fingers. He wanted both.

“Alistair…” he let out a low whine, “Please…”

That damned chuckle and a kiss on his neck, “Please what?”

Mithvakha whined a little louder, “You know what I want. Maker’s breath, stop playing games!”

Lips curved into a smile on his neck and the first finger slipped in. Mithvakha cried out and arched his back. Suddenly the hand on his erection was gone, replaced by the warm, wet heat of Anders’ mouth. The other mage *swallowed* creating a strange yet pleasurable sensation that jolted through the poor elf.

A second finger joined the first, and his hips twitched. He lost control of himself and started jerking his hips helplessly into that mouth, and then back onto the fingers. His skin prickled with desire and he nearly bit his lip through when he felt a third finger come into play. “Alistair, just… Dear Maker… Please…” he whimpered, needing, wanting Alistair to make love to him.

Alistair nipped his neck a little before withdrawing his fingers and entering his smaller lover without hesitation. Mithvakha let out an unusually high pitched keen and groaned when he felt Alistair start to move.

“Tell me if I hurt you, love…” he heard murmured into his ear as teeth bit down gently on his neck. He babbled something, he wasn’t sure, and shifted his hips a little so Alistair’s every thrust brushed that pleasurable spot inside him.

The mouth on his erection never wavered or faltered, and he felt the other mage close his mouth slightly, and add the sensation of teeth lightly scraping with every thrust… and that was it. He cried out Alistair’s name, and shot his seed down the other man’s throat as his muscles seized and clamped down on Alistair.

He felt his lover stiffen behind him as the human followed Mithvakha into orgasm. Then he was being pulled back onto the bed, away from Anders and into Alistair’s embrace. He opened his eyes and smiled at Anders a little bit, before snuggling up to Alistair and letting his eyes slip shut again as he fell swiftly into the Fade.

Anders stood slowly and nodded at Alistair, “Thanks. By the way.”

Alistair wrapped his arms around the sleeping elf and smiled gently, “He’s my world. I appreciate you writing to me, and letting me know how bad off he was.”

Anders nodded, shuffling his smallclothes around to hide his erection, “I didn’t want my friend to have a breakdown. I’m glad you took the time to show up… and… to let me share this.”

Alistair nodded and then grinned, “Gonna go take care of that yourself?”

Anders chuckled darkly, “Oh no. I think it’s time to let Nathaniel Howe in on a little secret.” And with that he slipped out the door.

Alistair smiled wryly at Mithvakha’s sleeping head, “You have a bad habit of rescuing people who want to kill you, love… But I suppose it’s just a part of who you are; maybe you see something in them that others don’t. Both of them have proved exceedingly loyal…” He mused before closing his eyes and concentrated on sleeping, knowing that this respite wouldn’t last long and he’d be back to being King soon enough.

(((AHA. There. I did it. My second threesome, hope it isn’t TOO bad. And yeah. Nate/Anders is still my OTP. As much as I *like* the idea of Anders/PC I just can’t think about it anymore. I must has Nate/Anders somewhere in the fic. Even if it’s only in passing. Maybe I’ll write another sequel of Anders Ambushing Nate after this and snogging him into submission.

Until then, I have another challenge. Wade/Herren. They seem easier to write as pointless fluff, but I made a promise, and I will keep that promise. I just need to know how to get it started. It may take a while. Wish me luck!)))

Last edited:
OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

and here is the sequel. Not a Notch.

Anders left the Commander’s room with the intent to find Nate and very calmly explain a few things to the quiet man.

And of course by very calmly explain, he meant snog the man into submission.

Every time he thought he had the rogue pinned down the slippery man managed to escape or distract the mage into leaving. This time however, he was *not* going to leave without making sure his intentions were known loud and clear. He turned the corner in a huff and spotted Nate leaning up against the wall. Hah.

“Nate!” He said joyfully and strode towards the other man.

Nathaniel looked up in surprise and bolted.

“Not again!” Anders rolled his eyes and ran to catch up. When he reached the other he reached a foot out and tripped the noble, sending him sprawling into the wall. “Now…” he huffed, pressing his body flush to the back of Nathaniel, “Will you tell me why you keep running away like this?”

“Let me go Mage.” Nathaniel said quietly and struggled, managing to turn himself around to face Anders; a position the mage highly approved of.

“No. I don’t think so. Not until you tell me why you keep running.” Anders smirked.

Nathaniel felt a flush creeping up his neck and tried to duck under Anders’ arm. The Mage noticed the movement and pressed himself flush against Nathaniel, “Nate, why do you keep running away from me?” He was still hard from his exertions with Alistair and the Commander, and he *knew* it was pressing into Nathaniel’s thigh.

The flush crept higher onto the rogue’s face and he glared, “Let me go Mage. I’m not going to play your game.”

Anders grinned a little wider and dipped his head to press his lips to the other man in a short gentle kiss. “This isn’t a game Nathaniel.”

Nathaniel snorted and looked off to the side, avoiding Anders’ eyes, “You think I don’t hear you talking at the dinner table? When you’re lingering over your mug of ale and you’re bragging to the other wardens? I refuse to be another notch.”

Anders’ mouth dropped open, “I… you…” he sputtered, relaxing his hold a little, “A notch? You think this is about adding another notch?” He started laughing, “Nate… oh Nate…” He snorted, “You’ve got this all wrong.” He leaned back in again and nuzzled Nathaniel’s ear, “Let me tell you a little secret. There’s a man in the keep, an attractive brooding rogue that has been taunting me for ages. He doesn’t know it of course; but the sight of him always drives me wild, and I want nothing more than to kiss him senseless. Not just once or twice… but many, many times. For as long as he’ll let me…”

Nathaniel’s flush had crept up to the roots of his hair during this speech, “How do I know you’re telling the truth?”

“You’ll just have to trust me won’t you?” Anders grinned against Nathaniel’s neck and started licking.

“Ack! Mage! Stop that!” Nathaniel wiggled, trying to escape from Anders’ mouth.

“Nuh uh.” Anders chuckled and nibbled. “I’m not letting you escape this time. You keep running away from me, and I don’t like that. I told you. You drive me crazy.”

Nathaniel wiggled for a few more moments before he slumped, “Fine. But I refuse to leave you alone after this. If you’re thinking that you’re just going to disappear after this you can forget it.”

Anders grinned triumphantly, “Good.” He purred into Nathaniel’s ear. “I’d be disappointed if you did. Come on.” He pulled away from Nathaniel who blinked at the sudden loss of heat, and grabbed the rogue’s wrist, dragging him down the hallway to his room.

Nathaniel let himself be drug along to the mage’s room, blinking and wondering why in the Maker’s name was he letting Anders do this.

Anders looked around before shoving Nate into his room and locked the door behind them. “Bed, now.”

Nathaniel blinked at him, “Excuse me?”

“Bed. Now.” Anders leaned against the door, blocking the exit.

Nathaniel flicked his eyes toward the window and wondered if he could make it, “But…”

Anders advanced on him, and kissed him. The rogue’s lips were sealed and Anders growled a little, licking at them, asking for entry as his hands crept down Nathaniel’s back to cup his buttocks.

Nathaniel’s eyes widened and he gasped, and Anders took the opportunity to dart his tongue into Nate’s mouth, thoroughly mapping the inside and caressing Nate’s tongue gently. Nate moaned into the kiss and Anders advanced on the rogue and pushed him towards the bed. Nate was so caught up in the kiss he didn’t realize what was happening until the back of his knees hit the bed and he stumbled and sat down heavily, breaking the kiss.

Anders smirked down at him, watching the blush flare up again. “If you really want me to stop, tell me now, and we can finish this on another day.” He said, hoping the rogue would say he was alright with that was going on.

Nathaniel swallowed, darted his eyes towards the door and let out a sigh as he slumped again. “You’ve brought me this far Anders… don’t think I’m backing out now.”

The grin on Anders’ face lit up the room, “Good, leathers off, now.” He started to pull his robes off and then stopped, grinning, and just pulled them up, and pulling away his smallclothes.

Nathaniel’s fingers fumbled on a fasten when he saw what Anders was doing, but he continued what he was told, slipping off the bits of his armor, until he was left in nothing but his own smallclothes, erection straining them.

Anders took Nate’s head gently in his hands and guided the Noble’s mouth, “Well?” He asked, “What are you waiting for?” His eyebrows were raised quizzically.

Nathaniel stared at the erection in his face and darted his eyes up to Anders’s face before then wandered back down. Hands trembling, he placed them on Anders’ hips and took the head in his mouth, gently. Anders groaned and barely stopped himself from jerking his hips. Instead he wound his fingers in the other’s hair, encouraging him.

Nathaniel concentrated on the piece of flesh in his mouth, dragging his tongue over it and taking it as deep as he could without gagging. He’d been celibate for so long, and never with another man, and it was strange to suddenly have a connection like this to another person again, but he did his best to make sure this was an experience the mage would remember. He flicked his eyes up to stare into Anders’ glassy gaze. The mage’s mouth was parted and a constant stream of encouragement issued from him.

They continued on like this for a few more moments before Anders pulled himself backwards, tearing Nate’s mouth from him. “Lay down. Hands and knees.” He panted harshly. “And those...off.” As Nate complied with his demands he rummaged through the chest next to the bed for the oil he kept there. Grinning to himself, he knelt behind the rogue and pulled the other man’s cheeks apart, “Delicious…” he murmured quietly and let his hot breath puff over Nate’s puckered entrance before pressing an oil slicked digit in firmly.

Nate hissed in a breath as that digit was pumped in and out of him a few moments before a second was added. Anders seemed to be looking for someth--- “Maker’s breath!” He gasped as pleasure jolted through his system and his arms collapsed, sending him facedown into the pillow.

Anders chuckled, “Like that?” He pressed that spot again and he swore he could almost hear Nate make a sobbing noise as he quit. This night wasn’t over yet though. He pressed in a third finger, making sure to gently stretch the other man. He didn’t want this to hurt, after all.

He pulled his fingers from Nate and quickly shed his robes, positioning himself behind the noble, “Nathaniel, I want you to tell me if I hurt you. If I do, I’ll stop immediately, I promise” He rained kisses on Nate’s back and slowly began to push himself in.

To Nate’s credit, he didn’t make a single noise until Ander was fully seated within him. The groan that rippled from his throat was one of encouragement rather than pain at that point. “Move, Anders…” he huffed out, and shifted his hips.

Anders let out a deep breath and pulled back, ripping another groan from both of their throats. He shifted his angle, determined to give Nate the best sex of his life, and when he plunged back in and hit that very same spot, Nate actually wailed. Reaching a hand around, he took Nate’s erection in his hand and began pumping in time to his thrusts.

Nathaniel could not keep still; he writhed like a cat in heat with every thrust and bucked his hips to and fro. He wasn’t going to last long, not like this, not with Anders determined to tip him over the edge as quick as possible. Nathaniel stiffened, his muscles seizing all at once, a final, loud groan pulled from deep within his chest as he orgasmed, covering Anders’ hand.

Anders felt the warm stickiness on his hand, and felt those already gloriously tight muscles clamp down on him. A few more thrusts and he, too, was gone, pumping himself into Nate. After he rode out his orgasm he reached his dirty hand down and wiped them on his robes, before pulling out and pulling Nathaniel with him.

Spooning Nate he pressed a kiss to the other’s neck, “Nap time…” He murmured. “Don’t leave?”

Nathaniel wearily submitted again, “I told you, not leaving. Not even if you kick me out…” he muttered.

“Good.” Anders wrapped his arms tight around the other man and both men were lulled to sleep by the gentle warmth of each other.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

AHAHAHAHHA!!!

Today! FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE, I PRESENT

QUEEN MIREN!

*snickers*

Dakki-dono is amazing. This was worth the 20$

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

The picture is rather cute! Though the character does look rather feminine.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

xD I know, but she did a good job anyway

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

That made my night. Thanks for sharing, Chibi.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm a little late, but I didn't get the chance to finish till now. Nice job on the last couple ficlet's there Chibi. Though I got to admit all the different characters are starting to get confused in my head. From all the stories I've been reading lately not just yours. The pic is pretty amusing as well.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

More Nanders. xD
Part two to be coming soon. This has no sexings in it lol.

"Alright." Nathaniel Howe bowed his head at their Commander.

"Miralena, you can't be serious!" Anders protested.

The red head glared at Anders. "I am serious. Someone needs to infiltrate Bann Esmerelle's estate and besides, his... history... tells me he's the perfect man for the job."

Anders snorted. "Then why not let me go with him?"

Nathaniel glowered. "I can do this myself Mage. I don't need a sitter."

Miralena nodded. "Besides that and the fact that one man can get in easier than two, I hate to say this but as the Commander It's too much of a risk to send me in where I could get captured."

Nathaniel nodded. "I'm expendable."

"The hell you are!" Anders exploded.

"Anders stop making a spectacle or we'll have you removed from the room." Miralena said in a clipped voice.

Oghren snickered. "Stop twisting your skirts, he'll be fine. Took four wardens to get him last time remember?"

Sigrun grinned. "Four? Good job."

Velanna uttered a slight sound of approval.

Nathaniel politely inclined his head. "Thank you. And do as they say Anders. Relax. Maker’s breath you’re annoying.”

Anders huffed up as if to say something else, then deflated. "Fine. If you say so, fine.” He turned his head back towards Miralena. “But if one thing goes wrong Commander, I'm the one that's going after him."

Miralena nodded. "That's a perfectly acceptable compromise, and nothing less than I’d have expected out of my team."

Nathaniel rolled his eyes and sighed. "Andraste’s tits. You're like a mother hen." He muttered. Then he stood, and nodded to each of the Warden's in turn. "I'll be leaving shortly then, Commander. I need to get a few things ready though, so if you'll excuse me?"

Miralena nodded and waved her hand. "This meeting is over, you're all dismissed." And she narrowed her eyes and watched Anders follow Nathaniel out the door.

Anders was definitely following Nathaniel back to the dark haired man's room, trying to be nonchalant, and glad the other Wardens' rooms were on the other end of the Vigil. That not only meant that he wouldn’t look suspicious going to the noble’s room, it also meant no one would miss him from *his* room.

When they reached his room Nathaniel started sifting through his trunk for various vials of poison and the daggers he wanted to use, along with his lockpicking set.

Anders made a noise in the back of his throat. "Can I come in?" He was leaning in the doorway.

Nathaniel rolled his eyes. "Yes, and shut the door."

Anders did as he was bade and then rushed over and enveloped the rogue in a hug. "Nate, promise me you'll be careful? Please?" He whispered into the other man's ear.

Nathaniel smiled a little. "I'll be fine. I'll be back before you know it." He petted the mage's hair a little.

Anders pulled back a little bit and quirked a grin. "A kiss for good luck then?"

Nathaniel chuckled. "Needy are we? I'll only be gone for a week at most."

"Any time away from you is too long."

Nathaniel snorted. "You're a sap." But he tilted his head forward and captured Anders' lips in a gentle kiss. When he went to pull back to finish packing he found Anders' hands and arms tightening around him. "Anders, if you don't let me go, I will never get to my mission..."

"Not a convincing argument." Anders grinned and nuzzled Nathaniel's neck.

Nathaniel rolled his eyes again and pulled himself free. "The sooner I leave, the sooner I can get back." he promised.

"Fine, fine..." Anders stood and watched his lover pack. "Please Nathaniel... remember to be careful..."

"Of course Mage. I'm always careful. One week. That's all, and I'll be back."

The Last thing Anders saw was Nathaniel's retreating back. That was three weeks ago.

"He said he would be back in a week!" Anders raged at Miralena, "It's been three you have to let me go after him!"

Miralena shook her head, “Not like this you aren’t. I’m not letting you out of my keep until you tell me exactly what’s going on and why you’re more eager than the others to go after him.”

Anders’ breath hitched and he closed his eyes, “I’m not telling you that.” He shook his head. “That’s between him and myself.”

Miralena raised an eyebrow, “I see. However, this is something that is affecting the dynamic of this team and the safety on my Wardens. You have an obligation to the others to tell me exactly what’s going on. Now!”

“I don’t have to tell you anything.” He hissed. “Whether you authorize this or not I’m going to get him.”

Her other eyebrow rose in surprise. “I see. Then I’ll just call the Templar in and get this over with.”

“You wouldn’t turn me into them!” His face blanched. “I’ll just get loose again.” He threatened.

“Not if they make you a… what was the word…” She tapped her chin. “Ah yes. Not if I tell them to make you a Tranquil.”

Anders made a strangled noise and started clenching and unclenching his hands, “Fine.” A vein throbbed in his temple, “You want to know? By Andraste’s flaming knickers you are a nosy woman.” He took a deep breath… then another one before he finally said, in a small and quiet voice, “We’re... lovers. There. I told you, can I go now?”

Miralena gave a little half smile, “I’d do the same for Alistair. But tell me why you don’t trust any of us to go after him?”

“Of course I trust you to get him back.” Anders said grudgingly. “But what I don’t trust is your reasons. I want him back because I love him. You want him back so you can send him off on another suicide mission, I’d wager.”

Miralena tapped her boot on the floor for a few moments. “This never was a suicide mission. Dangerous, yes, but I felt him capable of handling it. Obviously, there were complications, so if you want to get him out, fine. But we do it my way.”

“Agreed.” Anders said with some relief.

Not too long after, the other’s trickled into the room, Sigrun first, followed by Oghren and then Velanna.

Miralena nodded at each of them and then cleared her throat. “Now. As you are all well aware Nathaniel is not back with us yet. However, I have a plan.” She pulled out a fancy cream and pine green dress with lace trimming and pearls all over it.

Anders raised an eyebrow. “For you commander? But I thought redheads can’t wear green?”

She grinned at him and shook her head. “Not for me.”

“For Velanna then?”

Velanna snorted. “Elf.”

“But Sigrun is too short…” He trailed off, as he caught the grin on Miralena’s face. “No. No no, Maker’s breath, NO.”

Oghren let out a dirty chuckle. “At least you’re used to wearin’ ‘em sparklefingers.”

Miralena muffled a laugh. “You wanted to rescue him; you have to deal with the plan, remember? Bann Esmerelle is hosting a party tonight, and you will be there. There’s a wig, and makeup for you too. And we’ll have to do something about that stubble…”

Sigrun and Oghren were howling with laughter, and Velanna’s lips were twitching as she fought a smile.

“You will be going with a date, and I have just the man.” Miralena grinned at the poor Mage again. “Ser Carroll? Would you come here please?”

Anders stared as the man entered the room. “A templar?! Are you trying to get me killed commander?”

Carroll cocked his head to the side. “Don’t worry. I’ve been bribed with cookies. These are better than the ones before.”

Anders’ shoulders slumped and he looked like he was just itching to shoot lightning at the poor Templar.

“Now, everyone but Anders, out!” Miralena clapped her hands and the other four left, still laughing. “Oghren I’ll need to talk to you in a moment. I trust you remember Fort Drakon?”

Oghren let out a raucous laugh. “Do I ever! But the funny Elf isn’t here, how’m I supposed to do that this time?”

Miralena’s smile was slightly mysterious. “You’ll be doing something else this time.”

“If you say so Commander.” Oghren belched and left the room.

“What was the point of them being in here?” Anders accused.

“I just wanted them to see the pretty dress you’ll be wearing.” She dimpled at him.

“You are an evil woman.”

“I know. Now let’s get started.”

A few hours later Miralena hauled out a full length mirror and pointed to a spot in front of it. “Anders, stand there and let’s have a look.”

Anders stood self-consciously in front of the mirror. “Maker’s breath, I look like a woman!” He was dressed to the nines in the pearl soaked dress, a wig with hair piled up in an elaborate fashion with ringlets tumbling down his shoulders, and his face was shaved smoother than it had ever been before. The make-up did a good job of hiding his masculinity and they used some thinly scraped waterskins stuffed into the dress to simulate breasts. They hadn’t even tried to get him into the fancy shoes Miralena had brought out, his feet were simply too big, and the dress was long enough to hide his regular leather boots, so why bother? They had also forgone the dainty lady gloves and the arm poofs.

“That was the point. Now remember, stay quiet, and get in and out of there as fast as possible. And for Andraste’s sake, try to walk like a woman or they’ll know!” She tugged on a few points of his dress, trying to get it to sit right. “You’re going to go in, be introduced and Oghren is going to make a scene. Take the distraction…”

“Wait… Oghren? A distraction?” Anders pulled at the dress unhappily as he looked quizzically at the Dwarf in the doorway.

"Don't be so surprised, mage, I've done it before. At least I don't have to wear the clown pants this time."

“Clown… what?” Anders shook his head. “No, nevermind. I don’t want to know. But then I find Nate, yes. Then can I get out of this dress?”

“Yes, then you can get out of the dress.” Miralena giggled. “Now off you go. This is going to be a long night, and it will get longer every minute you leave him there.”

Anders sighed and scowled as Carroll held out his arm. “No. No. No. I refuse to play this game any more than I have to. I’m not even looking at you until we get there.”

Carroll shrugged and went back to eating his cookies as they climbed into the carriage and set off.

Upon arriving at Bann Esmerelle’s estate they were quickly introduced and left to mingle… though not for long. They hadn’t even been there five minutes before Oghren swaggered in, naked as the day he was born and bellowing some sort of drinking song.

The ladies screeched and all eyes turned on him letting Anders mutter a quick prayer of thanks before ducking into a side hall and leaving Carroll confused and alone. He hitched up his skirts and started heading for the dungeons.

Not that it was that easy. He didn’t want to kill any of the guards on the way so he… merely froze them. Temporarily. It would wear off, in a few minutes, and by then he’d be long gone. He stuck his fingers in his mouth to warm them back up; those spells always made his hands go numb.

When he dispatched the last of the guards and pilfered Nathaniel’s stuff from an unlocked chest he searched through the cells for his lover. “Nate?” He called out softly.

“Anders?” A groan and a dry chuckle, “Wasn’t the kiss you gave me before I left supposed to be for *good* luck?”

Anders glowered at the room. “Probably would have worked better if I’d had you in bed instead.”

Another laugh. “Maker’s breath. I’d probably be dead now if you’d done that.”

There, the last cell on the right! He hurried over and pushed the tools through the bars. “Nate, don’t say that! Here you go lover, here’s your tools. Come on, let’s get you home.”

Nathaniel blinked up at him. “You’re in a dress. Why are you in a dress?”

“Talk to the commander about that.” Anders said. “Just hurry and get yourself out before those guards I froze thaw out!”

“Not until you tell me why you… Maker’s breath, you’ve got breasts! And what… your hair?” Nathaniel picked his way out of the manacles and managed to get the cell door open. “Anders what in the Maker’s name did they do to you?”

Anders glowered. “I refuse to answer that until we are safely home and in our own room.”

Nathaniel looked like he wanted to protest more so Anders shoved the noble’s armor into his hands. “Here, get dressed, we’re getting out of here. Do you know any other way than straight from the ballroom?”

Nathaniel pulled his armor on quickly and nodded. “There’s no way you’ll make it without tearing that… contraption to shreds and getting it dirty beyond fixing.”

“I don’t care.” Anders’ face was stubbornly set.

“The commander might, if it’s hers.” Nathaniel’s face grew thoughtful. “There’s another way, but…”

“But what? And this dress couldn’t be hers, it’s not her color.” Anders looked rather depressed, wondering if he really wanted to know what the rogue was thinking.

“Can you scream like a woman?”

“…”

“I’ll take that as a no then.” Nathaniel chuckled.

Anders opened his mouth to say something and thought better of it, instead pulling Nathaniel into a hug. “Nate… I…”

“I know. I’m alright. They didn’t do more than rough me up a bit and keep food from me.” Nathaniel nuzzled Anders’ neck and then laughed, pulling back. “You even smell like a woman.”

Anders rolled his eyes. “Fine, I’ll get dirty and sweaty when he get home and be back to normal. Can we just go?”

Nate grinned. “I’ll hold you to that later.”

Anders flushed and pushed past the rogue, determined to keep his mind on the mission. He didn’t want to think about anything else until they were safe at home.

After sneaking through the dungeon they were nearly home free. They’d emerged outside of the estate in a field of some sort and started running.

The lone guard who was at the gate that night blinked at the duo running through the field. “Youngsters…” He sighed and raised his voice in a bored tone, “You youngsters better get back inside before they decide to send the Mabari out!”

Nathaniel looked back in alarm and started running faster, tugging on Anders.

Anders tripped on the hem of the dress and fell into a puddle, and instantly Nathaniel was tugging, pushing, shoving, trying to get the mage to move faster.

The guard blinked, this didn’t seem to be like a normal tryst… “Ser! Stop shoving the lady, if she doesn’t want to leave with you she doesn’t have to!” He raised his crossbow, “Halt I said!”

Nathaniel shoved Anders out of the way, “Get out of here Mage… I can take care of the guard!”

The guard saw the shove and took a deep breath to steady his aim. None of the guests would be getting snatched away if he could help it. Then he fired.

Anders heard the twang and pivoted in the dirt, throwing himself at Nathaniel, shoving the rogue out of the way.

Nathaniel’s eyes widened in horror as he heard the meaty thunk and felt Anders fall against him. “Anders?! Anders where are you hit? Answer me Mage!” He turned and pulled Anders onto him.

“It’s…” hiss, “just a flesh wound. Pull the arrow out; let me cast some healing magic.” Anders’ face was pained. “It will only take a moment.” He had his hands pressed to his left side, where the arrow protruded.

Nathaniel set Anders gently on the ground and braced himself. He closed his eyes and pulled the arrow out swiftly, so as not to prolong the pain any more than he had to. Then he turned and shrouded himself.

The guard stared in horror at the lady he’d hit and went running out into the field, desperate to help. He never noticed that the young man had disappeared, and he didn’t notice anything more as the knife plunged into his back and he fell to the ground. Nathaniel deftly stabbed him once in the temple to be sure he was dead, dropped out of hiding and returned to Anders’ side.

“Are you alright Anders?” His voice was harsh and low.

Anders grinned cheekily up at him. “I’m fine Nate. See? No wound!” He tried to stand, “A bit woozy though. Can we go home now? I don’t think I like this place.”

“Of course.” Nathaniel looked away from the bloodstained dress and concentrated on getting them home… one step at a time.

<---- The dress that Anders is wearing cept in green and cream

Last edited:
OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I present to you the prologue for my new story Magic's Slave. This is an AU Dragon Age fic where the chantry took it one step further and completely enslaved the mages in Ferelden.

------------------------------------------

An armored hand rattled the chain attached to the collar around his neck. “You're being taken somewhere today Mage. Someone took pity on your Maker cursed soul and wants you on healing duty at Vigil's keep.”

A sigh was the only response from the hunched figure.

“I'm talking to you Mage.” A jerk on the chain. “You listen when your betters are speaking!” There was an ugly laugh. “Maybe I'll let the boys get a sample before the Commander of the Grey turns you into another pampered Pet.”

A whimper this time, followed by vigorous head shaking, the sound of the clanking chain almost musical.

The Templar threw his head back and laughed, before motioning to the others. “You see this, boys? This Maker's curse thinks he has a choice in what's done to him”

Another whimper and shake.

“Giving in now won't save your arse Anders. My boys need a little “fun” before they give you away.”

Anders whimpered again as the men closed in on him. His only thought was that he was glad to be getting away from the Templar. Whatever this commander of the Grey was like he could never be as bad as being with the Templar.

When they were through with him, he curled into a ball on the ground where they’d left him. He knew that his previous escape attempts had brought on this treatment, and that once at the Keep he would be safe. Well… safer. Just a few more days… He thought to himself. A few more days and I won’t ever have to see another Templar ever again.

One of the Templar shifted in his tent and Anders shivered, hoping they wouldn’t wake. He turned his head to the sky. “Please Maker. Andraste… if you’re real, and you care for all creation like the Chantry says, please turn your eyes this way. Send me to a place where I’ll be safe.” He whispered.

He lay back down and tried desperately to get some sleep before the morning.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Go ahead and put up chapter 1...

-------------

Nathaniel Howe was not happy. “Thomais, I don’t understand why we need a slave of all things to take care of our wounded. Surely there are some herbalists somewhere…”

Thomais cut him off with a gesture. “I’m not just doing this for us you know. From what Zevran reported back to me, it seems like this one was the worse treated out of the lot. And believe me; I know what it’s like to be mistreated by shems.”

Nathaniel opened his mouth as if to protest and then wisely decided to acquiesce. “If you say so Commander. I still don’t think it’s necessary, and you have more than enough to deal with here without trying to rescue every sad case that you come across.”

Thomais quirked an eyebrow. “Like you, you mean?”

Nathaniel winced. “That’s exactly what I mean Commander. Not that I don’t appreciate you giving me a chance when no one else would.”

Thomais chuckled. “Don’t worry. Giving people second chances is what I do. You heard what happened with Loghain correct?”

Nathaniel nodded. “And he redeemed himself at the top of Fort Drakon. You… gave him the chance to be a hero again. Despite what he did to the Wardens… to your family in the Alienage.” Nathaniel sighed. “I can only hope I’ll be as worthy of you as he was.”

Thomais gave him a crooked grin. “You already are. Twice over at least.”

Nathaniel blinked, startled. “If you say so Commander. But I still feel I have to work harder to prove myself.”

Thomais rolled his eyes and gave a little chuckle. “Just be constructive. And when the Mage arrives… make sure he’s taken care of, would you?” Thomais turned and headed out of the main hall to look for Zevran.

Nathaniel glowered. He still didn’t want to have anything to do with the mage, but if that’s what his responsibilities were for now… Then he would follow his Commander’s orders. Pleasant or not.

He heard them long before he saw them. The Templar rode in on Chargers of all colors and when he saw them slow to a trot he realized that the tow headed mage was not on a horse. The mage was being pulled along on a length of chain attached to a collar and wearing clothes Elves in the Alienage would have burned.

Nathaniel saw red. No one, no being deserved to be treated like that. Face a thundercloud he stalked towards the group of laughing men. “Excuse me, Ser Templar. I’ve been charged by the Commander to take the Mage into my custody.”

The leader of the group laughed and tossed him the end of the chain. “Here, he’s all yours. Time to go back to the Tower, boys. I think Jowan is starting to miss us.” He laughed again and then dug his heels into the poor horse’s flanks and took off with the others close behind.

Nathaniel dropped the chain like it was a snake and hurried over to the blonde to take it off. “Alright you. What’s your name?” He asked as he tilted the mage’s chin up so he could undo the chain.

“Anders. Ser.” The voice was quiet, near non existent and hazel eyes were half lidded and doing their best to not stare from underneath a fringe of hair.

Nathaniel gave the mage an obscure look before he pulled the other man’s arm about his shoulders. “Come on then, Anders. We’re going to get you cleaned up and in some proper robes.”

Anders merely did as he was told, used to following orders for so long, the only ones he thought to resist were… he shuddered.

“Are you alright?” Nathaniel stopped what they were doing. “If you’re cold, don’t worry, we’ll have you in warmer clothes in no time. And if you’re worried about… treatment… You’ll be treated well here. If I knew who to report those men to I would. No one deserves to be treated like you have. No one.”

Anders looked over at him in surprise, but quickly remembering himself, he lowered his gaze again, and murmured what he’d been told over and over again by the Templar. “It’s no less than we deserve Ser. We’re dangerous. A menace.” There was a bitter, self mocking tone to his voice.

Nathaniel surprised himself with his next words, “What you deserve is a chance. Yes, some mages go mad and hurt people. But I’m sure the majority would be willing…” he trailed off. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t talk about such things around you.”

Anders stared at him in surprise, “About what? About freedom? About something I’ll never be able to enjoy? That doesn’t matter.” The arm that was around Nathaniel’s shoulders twitched and the hand grasped his shoulder, “Please. Keep talking. You’re the first to do so who hasn’t… treated me like a toy.”

Nathaniel nodded as they kept walking. “Well… was there anything you’d like to know about Vigil? About the commander? I’m at a bit of a loss here.”

Anders contemplated the questions for a minute before he risked another glance from under his bangs. “What about the Commander? We don’t… no one tells us anything in the tower.”

Nathaniel sighed. “There was a Blight. Not too long ago actually. The Commander stopped it. I’m sure the names won’t mean that much to you, but when Teyrn Loghain left King Cailan to die, two Grey Wardens survived and made their way around Ferelden to gain support. When they finally reached the capital the Commander chose to place Maric’s bastard son, Alistair, on the throne--”

“Wait. Alistair, the Templar in Training Alistair?” Anders interrupted and then cringed, as if expecting to be struck.

Nathaniel nodded. “That’s him. You… knew him?” Nathaniel expected the worst and so was unprepared with the next words from Anders.

Anders actually laughed. “All of the mages knew him. He was… kind to us. Like Carroll. He never mistreated us, and sometimes gave the younglings sweets and talked with some of the other boys, helping them when the other Templar… Never mind. Go on, please. I’d like to hear more.”

Nathaniel mulled over that a minute before continuing. “Anyway, when he chose to do that, he also decided to spare Loghain’s life and make him a Warden. Alistair was furious. They haven’t spoken much since, I gather. But, after all that, it turns out to stop a Blight, one of the Wardens had to die. Loghain sacrificed himself and reclaimed his honor. And now the Commander is dealing with the rogue bands that plague the Countryside.”

Anders nodded, though he understood only about half of what Nathaniel said. “And the Commander himself?”

“You’ll see. He’ll see that you’re well treated. His family was not treated well either.” Nathaniel sighed; they’d almost reached the communal baths. “Look. I’m going to leave you in here a minute to get washed. I’ll be right back, I need to find you some robes and then some food before I take you to the commander.” He eyed the bruises on the other man’s back. “And some healing. I don’t want the Commander seeing you like this. He might decide to wage war on the Chantry and that wouldn’t get us anywhere.”

Anders nodded absently and then picked up what seemed like the only bar of soap in the room. It smelled of flowers and was softer than the harshly made soaps the Templar made them use back at the Tower. Not that he wanted to smell feminine, but at least he would really be clean for the first time in years… And maybe if I scrub hard enough I can get the feeling of them off of me…

He sank into the blissful embrace of the hot water and started scrubbing, watching years of dirt, grime, and Templar abuse dissolving into the water.

As he scrubbed and rinsed over and over again, he didn’t hear Nathaniel return. The rogue’s boots were quiet on the stone and he merely stood in the doorway and watched. When Anders finished dunking himself to rinse out his hair again, he caught sight of Nathaniel leaning in the doorway with an obscure look on his face. Thinking he’d done something wrong, he regretfully got out of the tub and sat, knees on the floor, body supported by his legs. “I’m sorry I took so long.” His tone was emotionless, but with a hint of rebellion to it.

“Oh do stand up Mage.” Nathaniel fought the urge to roll his eyes. “You’re allowed to bathe as long, and as often, as you please.”

Anders slowly stood, not quite trusting. The Templar had told him that a time or two as well, though their promises only held true if they could use him, and when he fought…

Nathaniel saw the darkening look on the mage’s face and hurriedly held out a robe. “Here. This was salvaged from a Dalish camp that had been attacked by Darkspawn. It looks big enough to fit you, scrawny as you are. When you start to put on weight though we’ll have to see about getting you new things.”

Anders stared, “New… things?” He shook his head; coming to Vigil was almost like being freed. “I don’t… I’m a slave, Ser. I don’t get new things.” The tone of his voice suggested that Nathaniel was a simpleton.

Nathaniel frowned. “You will now. Now hurry up and put these on. And use this to fix your hair.” He held out a comb and a hair tie. “The Commander is eager to see you.” Then Nathaniel seemed to realize that Anders was standing naked in front of him. He flushed and turned his back.

Anders stared in amazement as he held the items that had been thrust into his arms. His eyes flickered down at the clothes, and then down past them where a bucket of washrags sat at his feet. It would be so easy, to pick it up and knock out the man standing in front of him. Then he could escape. Again. But the Templar would find you if you ran away. And despite the collar, it seems like these people are genuinely looking out for me… I’ll stay. For now. He dressed himself slowly, and when he was finished with his hair, he tapped Nathaniel on the shoulder and cleared his throat.

Nathaniel turned back around, accepting the comb, and tilted his head at the expression on the other’s face. “What?”

“It’s a bad idea to turn your back to a slave, Ser. Most would do anything to insure their freedom.” That bitter, self mocking tone was back in his voice.

Nathaniel raised his eyebrows in surprise. “Only someone with Templar training can take that collar off.” He said quietly, “You would only be caught, and beaten worse than before. You won’t run. At least, not now.”

Anders said nothing this time and dropped his gaze again.

“Come on then, follow me. Thomais is getting impatient.” Nathaniel grumbled, “I do wish that lover of his would return soon. The commander gets cranky when that assassin isn’t around…”

After a brief stop in the kitchens, in which Nathaniel had to nearly threaten Anders to get the mage to eat the sandwich, they arrived in the private study that Thomais used to entertain meetings with the other wardens.

“Nathaniel, let me talk to him alone.” Thomais was seated at a desk working on something.

Nathaniel nodded and ducked out, leaving Anders alone with the Commander.

Thomais looked up and gave a warm smile, “Please. Don’t stand about like that, it makes me very nervous. So, you’re Anders.”

Anders sat, looking startled that this man knew his name. “I… yes Ser.”

“Please relax.” The young man almost pleaded, “I’m still not used to all the pomp and ceremony and bowing and scraping that my position obliges people to do for me.” He tucked his hair behind his ear, and then gestured at it, “As you can tell, I used to be the one bowing and scraping. Not that I was any good at it.” He laughed and then gave Anders a shrewd look. “I don’t think you’re very good at it either.”

Anders remained silent, and stared at Thomais as if trying to figure him out.

“I’ll bet you’re wondering why you’re here…” Thomais raised an eyebrow.

“It’s not a slave’s place to wonder why he is anywhere, Ser.” Anders said quietly, bitterly.

“Bollocks. You are wondering, and it’s only human… or Elven, to wonder why you’ve suddenly been thrown into the lap of luxury.” Thomais barked out a laugh.

Anders let out a soft laugh, “I keep wondering when you’re going to turn me back over to the Tower.”

Thomais steepled his hands together, “I’m not. But I do want some information from you.”

Anders sighed and slumped. So it was to be torture. “Yes, Ser.”

“Stop that.” Thomais said irritably. “All I want to know is the names of those who’re are being treated the worst. I’m trying something new. I helped out the Alienage but that’s not all I can do with the power I have now.” He rubbed his forehead. “In my travels I managed to find the ashes of Andraste. A mage was with me by the name of Wynne. She was proven just as worthy as the rest of us to enter. I want the mages freed.” He slammed a fist down on his desk, “Alistair is still angry at me, but maybe… just maybe we can do something about all of this.” He gestured to Anders.

Anders sat very still, appreciation growing within him. “Wynne…” he said softly. “I remember her. They sent her to the battle. They told us she was dead. She’s alive? Do you know…?” He shook his head and frowned. “Never mind. But, perhaps you can rescue Amell, Surana, and Jowan next.” He said quietly. “They weren’t treated nearly as bad as I… but with me gone, the Templar are going to turn to Jowan for… entertainment.”

Thomais sagged with relief. “Good. Good. Three more people I can get out of that living Hell.” Then he straightened. “I want you to go through the Grey Wardens’ Joining ritual without delay. It may not be able to free you, and we can’t let anyone know, given that this is something I’m not allowed to do. But… this could give us some leverage later on.” He tapped his chin, “Nathaniel can give you lessons in using weapons and even with your magic suppressed you can still help us.” He grinned. “Welcome to the team.”

Anders nodded, rather bewildered, and allowed himself to be led over to a small corner of the room where a goblet sat.

“Here. From this moment forth, you are a Grey Warden. Drink.” Thomais intoned formally.

Anders took the goblet in his shaking hands and took a long swallow. The liquid burned like fire down his throat and he choked. He couldn’t breathe and the last thought to flicker through his mind before he passed out was I should have known better…

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

That's it, woman. I'm stealing the mage. You want him, you can find him over here getting cuddled and fed cookies.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

That's it, woman. I'm stealing the mage. You want him, you can find him over here getting cuddled and fed cookies.
-gigglesnorts-

Fine. I'll Keep my Table!Nate then.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Oooookay, fine. Though we may need to play wifeswap at some point down the line. Variety is the spice of life, after all.

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

ohgodCopper. ILU.

xD

I can happily agree to that. Should we let them play together?

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Don't we already? *grins and points to preceeding stories* And I think it works well enough, don't you?

OP
Chibichibi

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

:'D

I can handle that.