What's new

Soo Cubus - Prostitution Sim

Sexums

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Howdy, folks! I am yet another adult game dev looking to plug my stuff. Hopefully it's to your liking. Should appeal to fans of sprite-based games. It is not finished by a long shot, but there's enough to play right now that you'll get a good sense of what's to come.

Soo Cubus

Soo Cubus is, as the title suggests, a Flash-based prostitution sim. You play as Soo, a succubus sent topside to corrupt the king of a sprawling, perpetually-pink metropolis. You have one hundred days to climb up the social ladder and get into the king's pants. (Once you're in-game you can click on the golden tower in the background to see the introductory cut scenes. I haven't implemented them yet.)

Soo Cubus is a work-in-progress that will probably take me a few months to finish, and is the first of three planned games. You'll get the following when you play:

- Lots of sex scenes. Let us be honest, that's what we want.
-*Pixelated sex scenes, to boot.
- Multiple locations.
- A stat system that ties into those locations, with three stats: Intelligence, Charisma, and Strength. All three come in handy in different ways.
- Plenty of NPCs. Interacting with most of the NPCs can eventually lead to more intimate encounters.
- Multiple endings.
- A silly, silly story. Soo Cubus does not take itself seriously most of the time.

You can play the game at my blog, found via the picture in my signature. (Once I get enough posts I'll stick the link up here instead.) I update builds once a week, and the public is one week behind my patrons. I do my best to ensure that each new build is fairly robust, and has at least one new area to explore. Expect the game to improve dramatically over its current state as I go along.

The ultimate goal is to make three games, one focusing on a different succubus. I wanted to have multiple characters in the one game, but I'm not sure if Stencyl's going to allow me to get quite that extensive. Three games will also allow me to explore different settings in each one, which is cool with me. One at a time, though - I want to polish Soo Cubus to a glittering sheen before I move on to a different game.

Comments, criticisms, and critiques are welcomed. This is my first game (aside from a few crappy projects written in Basic when I was, like, twelve), so I'm sure there will be hiccups as I go along. Thanks for your time! Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

thunderbass

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Soo Cubus - Prostitution Sim

Always love slut character. hope to see full released soon ! :D

OP
Sexums

Sexums

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Always love slut character. hope to see full released soon ! :D
Thanks! She is indeed rather slutty. The full release will probably take a few months at the rate I'm going, which is pretty good for my first game. Would like to polish up some of the sprites and the backgrounds before I declare it done, though.

DragaX

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Looks like fun, will give it a go later.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Thoughts on Pre-Alpha 1.4:
  • Currently, the game just stalls after 100 days (the end stated in the intro). I was, however, able to keep sleeping at Guy's house, and keep going past the 100-day limit. So Guy's house doesn't hit the end-of-game code stub that Landlord's does. Something to fix - yes, already. :p
  • 3 Stamina really doesn't feel like enough once the third (day 75) rent doubling hits. Maybe each key Soo retrieves could give her an extra Stamina? I dunno, maybe you have Plans with a capital P.
  • No warning for the Landlord bad-end. Maybe Demon pokes his nose in when you've slept with Landlord 20 times, makes some snide remark about "you seem to like him"? Just so there's some warning?
  • No clarity on what stats do. My first playthrough was this sorta, "bleh, what am I doing" thingy where I only managed to unlock one single location - and then, only just before my casual attitude towards rent ended the game.
  • So... unlocked the club (Str), the cars (Cha), the movies (Cha+), the library (Int), and Guy's house (Int+)... have I missed anything?

OP
Sexums

Sexums

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thoughts on Pre-Alpha 1.4:
  • Currently, the game just stalls after 100 days (the end stated in the intro). I was, however, able to keep sleeping at Guy's house, and keep going past the 100-day limit. So Guy's house doesn't hit the end-of-game code stub that Landlord's does. Something to fix - yes, already. :p
  • 3 Stamina really doesn't feel like enough once the third (day 75) rent doubling hits. Maybe each key Soo retrieves could give her an extra Stamina? I dunno, maybe you have Plans with a capital P.
  • No warning for the Landlord bad-end. Maybe Demon pokes his nose in when you've slept with Landlord 20 times, makes some snide remark about "you seem to like him"? Just so there's some warning?
  • No clarity on what stats do. My first playthrough was this sorta, "bleh, what am I doing" thingy where I only managed to unlock one single location - and then, only just before my casual attitude towards rent ended the game.
  • So... unlocked the club (Str), the cars (Cha), the movies (Cha+), the library (Int), and Guy's house (Int+)... have I missed anything?
Woot, a laundry list. Lesse:

- Yeah, I know about the Guy house exploit. I kinda left it in as a way to keep going if anyone really wanted. You can also use it to cheap out on your rent, since you only lose $100 whenever you sleep there. Will be fixing in the future.

- I totally agree that three Stamina isn't enough once you hit Day 75ish, but there will be other things to supplement it in future builds - random events that provide more Stamina, items, etc. (In the final game you'll be able to get seven or eight keys, so that might be a little overkill. Really need to draw a key sprite, speaking of which...)

- Yeah, I've considered some sort of warning about the landlord ending. Guess I forgot about it since it's been so long that I've gotten it while testing. I'll give it a ponder.

- I plan on having hover-text for the various buttons in the final game. Also going to build a tutorial that explains everything.

- Aaaaand I'm pretty sure you got everything as of this build, yes. The plan is to load it down with enough stuff that you probably won't be able to unlock everything within a hundred days, and I'm almost there with the build I'm working on right now, but not quite yet.

Thanks for the notes! Much appreciated! It's still fairly early days for the game, so I'm hoping to improve it immeasurably in the next few months to address as many issues as I can.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

AHHHHHHH WHERE IS HER CHIIIIIIIIIN?

Lol, sorry but 2 out of 3 picks I see here just don't have a chin, and it's kinda scary.

sabotagge

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Loved the pixel art.

Actually I have been following your work for a couple of weeks now, the updates are coming at a really good phase.

The project should get more attention and I'm sure that it's going to get it.

Keep the good work.

MurphyMurph

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

That dude looks like Homer with a head shaped more like a carrot. lol

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

since it's a prostitution game. are there any more bad endings besides the "really bad ending"? i was hoping since they did it so much, along with the wedding. it would also be a shotgun wedding since 30 times is a high probably she would have gotten knocked up by the landlord.

just found this scene. her boobs her melted to the table XD

Last edited:
OP
Sexums

Sexums

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

since it's a prostitution game. are there any more bad endings besides the "really bad ending"? i was hoping since they did it so much, along with the wedding. it would also be a shotgun wedding since 30 times is a high probably she would have gotten knocked up by the landlord.

just found this scene. her boobs her melted to the table XD

There will be, yes. I'm currently looking at over ten endings total, if everything goes according to plan, with some variation. As of yet, though, no other endings. The really bad ending was the easy one to implement, so I figured I'd get it done early. The other bad endings will be tied to the other NPCs.

Aaaand yeah, I need to give her lower boobs in that animation a little more wobble. Just a touch.

Monkey Boy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I like it. I don't do the whole Patreon thing, since there's the possibility of throwing money at things that may take forever to, or may never, complete. But when your game is done, I'll throw down a few bucks to buy it.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There will be, yes. I'm currently looking at over ten endings total, if everything goes according to plan, with some variation. As of yet, though, no other endings. The really bad ending was the easy one to implement, so I figured I'd get it done early. The other bad endings will be tied to the other NPCs.

Aaaand yeah, I need to give her lower boobs in that animation a little more wobble. Just a touch.
ah, will one of the endings have pregnancy. it's just a fetish of mine.

OP
Sexums

Sexums

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I like it. I don't do the whole Patreon thing, since there's the possibility of throwing money at things that may take forever to, or may never, complete. But when your game is done, I'll throw down a few bucks to buy it.
Fair enough! I can appreciate as much. I've thrown too much into the game to stop now, honestly, but I've seen enough projects fall through to understand skepticism.

ah, will one of the endings have pregnancy. it's just a fetish of mine.
Probably! I was on the fence about the more specific fetishes, and Soo should be preggers dozens of times over given how often she has sex, but I can include 'pregnant' versions of some of the ending images if there's enough demand. If I want to stick to the story I have in mind (which, admittedly, is malleable, given how silly it sometimes gets), Soo can't be impregnated by humans... though I suppose if she feels like bearing a child, just for kicks...

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

true, good ending preggers is also good.

i was thinking for a bad end, she was passed around for the homeless all bukkake style. seeing how it's used in 2 instances where you can pretty much get screwed and they bail before paying (the car and alley). i was thinking this bad end was just one level higher. she is raped and game over instead.

only thing is, i dont know how to implemant it. maybe just like you can stay with guy for $100 or you can live in the apartment for an increase price. last option is you can sleep with some bums on the street for free, but you risk a bad end if they rape you. with a very small chance for it to happen.

it's the "you can get away with having to pay any rent, but the trade-off is you are possible to be bad ended".

it's just me suggesting ways to induce a pregnancy ending, but i still think it's a pretty easy bad end to pull off since it doesn't require too much extra coding or flags to set off other then, "click it and take your chance". regardless if pregnancy is used.

Dantaimori

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I've just been bounced about twelve times in a row and landed on the bad ending :Va
So, like, do any of the stats decrease the chance of check-bouncing while in the streets in the current version (pre-alpha 1.4)?

OP
Sexums

Sexums

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

true, good ending preggers is also good.

i was thinking for a bad end, she was passed around for the homeless all bukkake style. seeing how it's used in 2 instances where you can pretty much get screwed and they bail before paying (the car and alley). i was thinking this bad end was just one level higher. she is raped and game over instead.

only thing is, i dont know how to implemant it. maybe just like you can stay with guy for $100 or you can live in the apartment for an increase price. last option is you can sleep with some bums on the street for free, but you risk a bad end if they rape you. with a very small chance for it to happen.

it's the "you can get away with having to pay any rent, but the trade-off is you are possible to be bad ended".

it's just me suggesting ways to induce a pregnancy ending, but i still think it's a pretty easy bad end to pull off since it doesn't require too much extra coding or flags to set off other then, "click it and take your chance". regardless if pregnancy is used.
I was going to use a similar scenario for the Time Up ending, actually, though in line with the game's somewhat goofy tone I wasn't going to go quite so far as straight-up rape. Soo is still a succubus, and even with shitty people she still enjoys sex to a degree. Also, I'll admit, pregnancy endings are currently rather low on my priority list, given the sheer amount of other stuff I still have to do.

I've just been bounced about twelve times in a row and landed on the bad ending :Va
So, like, do any of the stats decrease the chance of check-bouncing while in the streets in the current version (pre-alpha 1.4)?
Yep. Increase your Strength to reduce, or eliminate, the chances of getting paid zilch for your services. Not all of the areas have the zero chance yet, either, so once you get past the streets you're safe. (For now.)

tihatter

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I feel compelled too post on this thread, for I have been playing this game for the past two releases, already, and was glad too see a post of yours on this forum, too!

Being a bit late on my comment, though, I don't have anything to add regarding gameplay experience. Nevertheless, I must add that I am really enjoying this game and am always excited about the new releases.

Keep up the good work, Sexums!

Monkey Boy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I don't see how people are having issues with only three stamina points and the landlord raising the rent.

Just spend your first three points on CHA and $300/$400 on your first day on STR, go to sleep, then go start working the alley. Bump up your CHA to 10-12 or so to start getting the "double team" animation in the alley for more money, then start working on raising your INT to 12. Once it hits 12, you will trigger the Nerd Guy event. After that, just keep working at the library (better pay) and go back to raising CHA for more money per "job."

When you get the event where the library boss fucks Soo, you will be able to stay at Nerd Guy's place for only $100 a night for the rest of the game. Once your CHA gets high enough, $100 will be chump change, and you can go about raising your other stats for other events and areas.

I thought it was clever that in order to succeed in the game well, the player needs the intelligence to bump up Soo's INT to make the game easier.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

yeah, that's a fine method to stay at guy's house so you avoid having to pay rent, but it's too easily exploitable and makes the value of money useless.

he hasn't said anything about re-balancing, but i think some changes will occur between this release and final release.