What's new

The Coceter Chronicles

Mortalitus

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hey guys, I just wanted to present this game to you which is made in RPGMaker MV with 3D art(yeah, I know there`s quite a few already and I`m not a big fan of them myself, but oh boy, I really loved this one).

Game is made by Nverjos, you can find his patreon .
He plans to make the game completely free of charge, but if you want to show him some love, nobody`s stopping you.

Now, about the game, you play as Tabitha Coceter, a half breed Fae which is about to be sent into the human realm, with plenty of lustful and corrupting possibilities. There`s a lot of good story going on, interesting events/side events and lots of options to go with during said events, from the way she reacts on them to not doing them at all, depending on how you see fit for said situation.

You can find the download link on his patreon, for windows and mac along with other game features and insights.

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Coceter Chronicles

I think most people dislike MV more in it's current state than the fact that it is 3D (which already proved it has a fanbase as well).

redx

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

What kind of Content are we looking at here? hetero with Yuri? Futanari? monsters/animals?

ltpika

Demon Girl
Reputation score

What kind of Content are we looking at here? hetero with Yuri? Futanari? monsters/animals?
Yuri and straight, some oral rape. Optional incest stuff.

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

this is probly the best 3d game ive played so far with good animation, storyline and quite a few choices for the player....and the MC is really hot :D.

HanzoH

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

are we going to see any scene like the guys near the lake or it was 1 time thing?

ps:tabitha is hot and ty for the game

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

are we going to see any scene like the guys near the lake or it was 1 time thing?

ps:tabitha is hot and ty for the game

link to his patreon and theres suppose to be a .03 update this month.

raska42

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I think most people dislike MV more in it's current state than the fact that it is 3D (which already proved it has a fanbase as well).
Not sure I agree with that, both MV and 3D art have plenty of critics (personally I'm far more critical of 3d, my criticism of MV is mainly that it was marketed towards wannabe game-makers who often aren't willing to put in the effort).

My biggest thing with this game is the inconsistency between the look of the sprites and the generic tile-sets. Custom tile-sets that have the same look to them could solve this (although that would take more than a bit of work), as would changing the actor sprites. Doesn't matter how good or bad the game is for me, that contrast bugged me to much to be able to enjoy it.

Wynin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Im quite impressed, actually Im nearly in awe of the quality of the demo.

Considering the, lets be honest, flood of fairly barebones demos, this is a darn masterpiece.

All I've encountered so far is maybe 1 or 2 grammatical errors, which is nothing compared to other projects.

Great work, keep it up. :)

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

^ yeah everything this guy said and more.

Pros
+Very few spelling/grammar errors, maybe a few areas where you could walk into walls because of the placement of a banner or something.
+Almost no NPCs that don't have some kind of dialogue. (I've seen the same flood of RPGmaker games where the city has people but there's zero interaction with them or if you're lucky they might say "Don't talk to me").
+So damn many choices of how to have the main character interact with her world and to events. You can be lustful and innocent or a depraved slut, and basically anything in between.
+Many of the events change based on what other events you have experienced before and how you reacted to those events.
+Lots of different types of content girl/girl boy/girl solo voyeur transgender (which can be turned off if that's not your taste).
+This is by far the longest free demo I've ever seen before going to the patron model. (I'm at an hour 20 minutes to finish the demo on a total slut path, but I'm pretty sure there's 2-3 other ways it could have been played and many events I could have reacted differently to).
+The 3D artwork is some of the best I've ever seen and it's animated to with motions and such. It seems very smooth and well put together.
+The story line is fun and seems easy enough to follow for being in a made up land.
+There's tons of hidden things to find and textbooks about world lore.

Cons
-Demo is long, but I want the full game right now. (Okay not really a con exactly)
-Though the 3D art is great, I think the sprites are using some different models than I've normally seen. Sometimes it can make seeing characters a little bit hard against some backgrounds.
-Based on how the game seems from the demo, the full game will take a ton of time especially if you're the type that plays to find every scene or wants to experience the entire game. (This could be a pro or con, but I think I listed enough pros).

Anyway. I haven't been this excited for an English based game in such a long time. Please do yourself a favor and check it out. Tell me what you think!

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I have to admit, playing this demo was very pleasing.

Given the amount of time on this side of the portal, I'm kinda curious how the game's pacing will go on the other side.

Only thought was
why was Tabitha so dense when other people were talking around her parentage?

philjd

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'd agree with most of the above posts - the demo is great - superb artwork, smooth gameplay, lots of options (supposed to impact on the characters actions/perceptions).

Downside - the sprites are not the best...

Urelsor

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Haven't finished the demo yet, but I'd like to say, that the art is awesome, except for the sprites.

Oh and is there a way to hide the textbox?

Combustion Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It is really good indeed.

+ Interesting plot and script (which is rare enough )
+ Nice artwork
+ Interesting quests, it's amazing how a fetch me some clothes quest can be so amazing here when it's so dull in other games
+ Nice characters, i wish the blond aunt was the main character, though, she's the hottest by far :rolleyes:

- Weird sprites, well, at least, it's original, i kind of like them, the only drawback is we won't really enjoy having naked characters wandering around

My recommendations :
Even through the main quest look like optional quests, it'd be nice if there was actually more real optional quest, i feel like this game would have a lot of re-playability that way, because it's one of the most pleasant H-Game i've ever played.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I've seen people criticize developers for utilizing 3D assets, actually. There were even a few people who openly chastised a developer for contributing to the over-saturation of 3D models in hentai games on Fenoxo's forums. Take that as you will, but it's fairly clear there is a vocal group opposing the over-usage of 3D sprites and models.

Haven't seen too much about MV, but that's probably because most have either switched to VX ACE or something else.

OP
Mortalitus

Mortalitus

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Seems he plans to make the game in java, rather than in MV, his hopes being of switching completely to it early next month after releasing the upcoming update in a couple of days.

Nytemare

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Ick, really? Switching to java doesn't seem the best to me. It's already great as it is, aside from the sprites. The java sample you linked makes it less appealing because it won't be as much open world exploration that RPGmaker has. :/ Oh well guess we will have to see how it turns out.

Combustion Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Seems he plans to make the game in java, rather than in MV, his hopes being of switching completely to it early next month after releasing the upcoming update in a couple of days.

Such a shame, well, it's just one less game to follow out there.

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

hes going to "continue to work on the RPGMaker version so long as the demand for it is there", is what he said on another site.

OP
Mortalitus

Mortalitus

Demon Girl
Reputation score

hes going to "continue to work on the RPGMaker version so long as the demand for it is there", is what he said on another site.
I agree he should, and it seems he`ll make both?

Nverjos said:
Because I'm getting a lot of folks asking. Yes I will continue with the RPGMaker version, both versions use the same assets as far as the story and events are concerned, no additional time required.