What's new

The Rescue of Mermaids [Free Demo]

gillenew

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

About the game
In The Rescue of Mermaids, you play as Garry, a human-looking creature who possesses a curse that turns him into octopus, to keep himself in human form he needs to be aroused, and for that he has a small harem with 3 mermaids who are his companions of adventures and love.

One day Garry was relaxing when a horrifying creature appeared and captured all the mermaids at once, leaving Garry alone. Now he must seek and release his companions if he wishes to freely enjoy the human form again.

Planned Features
- 2d side scrolling platform with easy gameplay
- 12 Girls to have sex
- 12 Stages
- 3 Worlds
- 12 Cards with scenes of the girls
- Sex with monster girls after they allow it
- Sex with the bosses after defeating them
- Sex with mermaids after release them

Planned fetishes
- Anal/Vaginal insertion
- Biting
- Ear play
- Group sex
- Masturbation
- Spanking
- Rimjobs

Download
Get the free demo here >
V1.1
V1.0

The game will be fully available for free when it's released, but while it is in development, patrons who have contributed can play the beta.

Follow the development and also give your feedback on my patreon, any and all feedback are more than welcome >

Last edited:

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Rescue of Mermaids [Free Demo]

Wow, looks really good! I'm already loving the sprite style, and I'm really curious to see how it translates to gameplay!

But, while I hate to be the bearer of bad news, the link you provided unfortunately 404'd right away. ToS violation.

OP
gillenew

gillenew

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow, looks really good! I'm already loving the sprite style, and I'm really curious to see how it translates to gameplay!

But, while I hate to be the bearer of bad news, the link you provided unfortunately 404'd right away. ToS violation.
Oh, but I can still download, did you receive a 404 error?

P4r4d0x

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Due to "reasons" you need to copy/paste the link in a new tab not just click it in order to avoid the 404, face it ulmf got too popular over the years.

Tesseract

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I believe mediafire has had ULMF blacklisted for years now.

Anyways, looks promising. I like the underwater/mermaid theme too. It's different.

kenkashi501

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

How do you make the screen bigger?

OP
gillenew

gillenew

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How do you make the screen bigger?
There is a bug, when you enter the game for the first time, it gets that small screen and the size in options do not appear.
You need to close and open the game again, so when you go to the options screen you can change the size of the screen.

kenkashi501

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

There is a bug, when you enter the game for the first time, it gets that small screen and the size in options do not appear.
You need to close and open the game again, so when you go to the options screen you can change the size of the screen.
Ah. Thanks.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Will Garry eventually put those tentacles for good uses? And when i say "good" i mean sexy. :p

Amazing spriteworks mate! :D

OP
gillenew

gillenew

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Will Garry eventually put those tentacles for good uses? And when i say "good" i mean sexy. :p

Amazing spriteworks mate! :D
yes, you can try to use his tentacles on crab girl (in the level 4)

Frankerz

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I absolutely love the art style, but the gameplay is way too frustrating for me. It's a combination of it being way too hard (I must have tried level4 100 times without succeeding) and the controls being fundamentally unfun. I really don't understand why you describe it as "2d side scrolling platform with easy gameplay".

Other than that it has a lot of potential (again I love the sprite work and the theme is pretty cool). But if I cannot even complete the 4th level, I probably won't make it further into the game as it is.

Last edited:
OP
gillenew

gillenew

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I absolutel love the art style, but the gameplay is way too frustrating for me. It's a combination of it being way too hard (I must have tried level4 100 times without succeeding) and the controls being fundamentally unfun. I really don't understand why you describe it as "2d side scrolling platform with easy gameplay".

Other than that it has a lot of potential (again I love the sprite work and the theme is pretty cool). But if I cannot even complete the 4th level, I probably won't make it further into the game as it is.
Sorry for that, I threw that demo publicly to gather feedback and then be able to improve the game, one of the points that I will improve for the next versions is precisely the difficulty.
I need to prepare the challenges so that they can be progressive while the player learns and gains skill in the controls of the character.

kenkashi501

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I can't even beat the first boss...
If the ball attack came a little bit after the rocks despawned completely it would be a bit more feasible for me.
But that is if the rocks fall in a way that makes them dodgeable, the complete randomness makes luck a big part of the fight. Unless there is some mechanic that I overlooked. Like a bubble gun that shoots forward or if shooting bubbles can repel the rocks a bit.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

holy shiet, quality animations mate.

wolfarren

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ya if you are gonna download the demo best to download it off the patreon even copy pasting the link doesn't work.

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I really like the art style, but male protag and monster girls aren't my thing at all. If the demo is free I'll try it just to see what the gameplay is like cause there's definitely effort been put in this, but I think I'll be more interested in what you have planned for the next one.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Played it! The difficulty increase during boss fights indeed really is steep, but i guess once you learned the trick it can become easy.

I know the floaty movement is to be expected in a game that happens underwater, but i have a feeling a more precise control would benefit this game better.

I have only one feedback for balancing the bosses difficulty, and it's for boss 1, the next boss is actually very easy once you learned the trick:
-Make it so that the falling debris's trajectory is straight down and through the floor, and also not bouncing afterward, or at least make it so that said bouncing leftover debris couldn't actually kill you.

To other players, here are some tricks to ease the boss fights:
Boss 1:
-Escape to the upper right corner everytime the rocks are falling, right behind the boss is a safespot from those rocks, from there, just push downward the moment the projectiles comes, then escape to the ground on the middle.
-Evading the projectiles is in my opinion the easiest when you're on ground, just time your left and right right.

Crab Girl:
-The Crab's "Top" is actually safe to landed on. This makes the bullethell section a piece of cake, just remember to quickly get out of the way after cuz the Crab could perform an attack that directly hurts anything on her when she's not filling the screen with bullets.
-Just stay on the ground during the Crab's pincer attacks, after three times, get ready to land at her "top".

Last edited:

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Downloaded the demo. Apparently this requires 64-bit Windows to run. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Welp, into the trash bin it goes.

Reputation score

Looks good. Really like the art style.

Downloaded the demo. Apparently this requires 64-bit Windows to run. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Welp, into the trash bin it goes.
64-bit processors have been commonly available at the consumer level since 2003, and have been pretty much standard since 2006. What kind of machine are you running?

Tesseract

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

He's running a "shoot-yourself-in-the-foot" machine on ToasterOS2000.

Also, I'm offended that this game caters to people with one of those newfangled "keyboard" thingies. OP is really losing out on the no-keyboard-user market.