[2/6] [Abandoned] The Comprehensive Patreon List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: [1/27] *Update* Comprehensive patreon list

Hey all!

I thought it would be beneficial to post here that we have a public demo coming out on February 14. We'll be posting it in the public feed of our Patreon (link in my signature) as well as in the ULMF thread for Malise and the Machine.

Ark_Thompson

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The problem is how to differentiate a legit pledger among the non-legit ones. If you already sent content to patrons via pm and then the next day you get a new pledger, what are you going to do? wait until the next month to see if the pledger pays then send him/her the content you sent already to the ones you had the month ago? I think that's maybe unfair for the pledger... and even worst could led to discouraging ppl that have to wait and make them to stop their pledge :(
That's exactly what I do. How can you know if a pledger is legit or not before waiting the end of the month? You can't. I don't see how doing so is unfair. It would be unfair if the guy was indeed taken his money at the moment he pledged but I still waited for the next month to send him stuff. However that's not the case. As long as the month isn't over, that's just a fart in the wind ^^'
So I don't see that as unfair at all.

And the big problem I have is how Patreon is seen. It's meant to help the creators, not pre-buy stuff. I have nothing against people proposing constant stuff over the different months but I don't like the idea that it has to be mandatory. The reason I support the artists I support on Patreon is because I want to help them not because I want free drawings and stuff. And that's how I want people supporting me to be. I'm maybe wrong but that's how I see things. And if people pledge a single month then go away, I'll be grateful, but that would mean they just wanted stuff, not really "supporting" me. Actually, now that I'm talking about it, I'm realizing how unfair my own Patreon is to long supporters. I'm gonna add stuff based on the total amount pledged.

tritrium

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

And the big problem I have is how Patreon is seen. It's meant to help the creators, not pre-buy stuff. I have nothing against people proposing constant stuff over the different months but I don't like the idea that it has to be mandatory. The reason I support the artists I support on Patreon is because I want to help them not because I want free drawings and stuff. And that's how I want people supporting me to be. I'm maybe wrong but that's how I see things. And if people pledge a single month then go away, I'll be grateful, but that would mean they just wanted stuff, not really "supporting" me. Actually, now that I'm talking about it, I'm realizing how unfair my own Patreon is to long supporters. I'm gonna add stuff based on the total amount pledged.
Well i noticed most of my patreons are there just purely to support me & games i make, but personally i dont feel comfortable with people giving me money without getting anything in return.
So im a little uncomfortable when i send a mail for an animation raffle and more then half of them never respond to it.

What i do now is post stuff i make on patreon, post progress animations and so on.
I also have a tier that contains a prealpha for the game im working on right now, but its there for people who want to have somekind of early access & give feedback to me if they want to.
They will also get the full game if they pledged 2 months or more in total. (i keep track of all this)
Either way my patreon is in essence just a way to support me but i tried to give my tiers a distinct difference without making it too much of a massive paywall.

I post all kinds of stuff on there, going from practise animations to game animations & art, etc and i try my best to post things for every level each month but its not always possible to achieve, im happy that my patreons so far do understand this.
Anyways i think your idea of patreon is pretty noble, but i dont mind people coming on my patreon just to access stuff as long as theyre legit :D

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well i noticed most of my patreons are there just purely to support me & games i make, but personally i dont feel comfortable with people giving me money without getting anything in return.
So im a little uncomfortable when i send a mail for an animation raffle and more then half of them never respond to it.
I'm lucky if i get one response on a post

tritrium

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm lucky if i get one response on a post
oh yea, i barely get any responses on actual posts as well.
But a few patreons took up the skype group perk and i now talk with them regularly so thats nice :)

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

That's exactly what I do. How can you know if a pledger is legit or not before waiting the end of the month? You can't. I don't see how doing so is unfair. It would be unfair if the guy was indeed taken his money at the moment he pledged but I still waited for the next month to send him stuff. However that's not the case. As long as the month isn't over, that's just a fart in the wind ^^'
So I don't see that as unfair at all.

Yeah you're absolutely right.

I made the mistake of making an act of good faith and sent the link for the chapter 1 of my game to people that didn't pledge yet (didn't got proccessed for the first payment). And today i found that i got "scammed" by Alex Festeryga... he got the chapter 1 and cancelled the pledge without paying even 1 month.

It's really a shame but yeah i think you can't be a good person over the internet :/

Ark_Thompson

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yeah you're absolutely right.

I made the mistake of making an act of good faith and sent the link for the chapter 1 of my game to people that didn't pledge yet (didn't got proccessed for the first payment). And today i found that i got "scammed" by Alex Festeryga... he got the chapter 1 and cancelled the pledge without paying even 1 month.

It's really a shame but yeah i think you can't be a good person over the internet :/
Yeah unfortunately that's how it is... That's why I say there's a gap between people pledging to get stuff and people pledging to actually support you. And the fact of waiting the next month isn't that big of a deal. We're waiting years for AAA to be made. I won't buy that someone can't wait the end of the current month to get his hands on the stuff. It's not a question of patience, they're just trying to get free stuff.

It's like this guy that just came to my Patreon today. 10 minutes after pledging he asked for the game. I told him to wait for the end of the month, he unpledged, I looked at his profile, he supports Breeding Season, HentaiWriter, Eromancer etc... And he has 0 goods (meaning he never gave a single dollar to any of those projects). Do these guys know that we can actually check this kind of thing ? ^^'

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Yeah unfortunately that's how it is... That's why I say there's a gap between people pledging to get stuff and people pledging to actually support you. And the fact of waiting the next month isn't that big of a deal. We're waiting years for AAA to be made. I won't buy that someone can't wait the end of the current month to get his hands on the stuff. It's not a question of patience, they're just trying to get free stuff.

It's like this guy that just came to my Patreon today. 10 minutes after pledging he asked for the game. I told him to wait for the end of the month, he unpledged, I looked at his profile, he supports Breeding Season, HentaiWriter, Eromancer etc... And he has 0 goods (meaning he never gave a single dollar to any of those projects). Do these guys know that we can actually check this kind of thing ? ^^'
Oh wow, that is horrible. Why would patreon not charge at pledge?

All memberships work like that, at least gym and other place like that.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Do these guys know that we can actually check this kind of thing ? ^^'
In case you were asking if we knew you can check the "Good" thing, yeah, we knew about that :p if you mean do the scammers know that, I'm not sure if they know, haha.

But yeah, I just leave most of them be, cause who knows, at some point they might actually pledge lol, cause all my rewards I only send out to people whose money goes through, and then I send it through Patreon PM or emails only, etc. so people who just sit on it without pledging dont really get anything but the activity feed, which is fine by me of course :p

Ark_Thompson

Demon Girl
Reputation score

In case you were asking if we knew you can check the "Good" thing, yeah, we knew about that :p if you mean do the scammers know that, I'm not sure if they know, haha.
Yeah I meant the scammers, I'm sure you devs all know about that x)

Dole

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Brothers & Sisters Demo

The Last Male Demo

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Brothers & Sisters Demo

The Last Male Demo

wew lad

That last male is nothing but a straight rip off of that russian "Last man" game.

Dole

Demon Girl
Reputation score

wew lad

That last male is nothing but a straight rip off of that russian "Last man" game.
Have you ever played both Games? They are different Games and have nothing to do with each other so I wunder why you wrote so wrong things !!!

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Have you ever played both Games? They are different Games and have nothing to do with each other so I wunder why you wrote so wrong things !!!
Im a person thhat considers infamous and prototype to be the same, so ya I consider two h games about last maan on earth scenarios pretty similar.

The same way I find strumpets and simbro the same.

Ill add it when I update but im just saying.

Dalurker

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hi there!

I just wanted to ask what are the requirements to add other creators to the list. There's a guy that's missing that I think it'd be a valuable addition. (no, not me, lol).

I like a comprehensive list like this. I discovered lots of good stuff.

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Hi there!

I just wanted to ask what are the requirements to add other creators to the list. There's a guy that's missing that I think it'd be a valuable addition. (no, not me, lol).

I like a comprehensive list like this. I discovered lots of good stuff.
*They have a patreon

*They make NSFW game related content

Last edited:

Hagya

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Is it only games? I think I saw artists in the list.

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Is it only games? I think I saw artists in the list.
Ya i listed it in OP, I plan on doing categories. I just don't know how.

Does anyone know how to make collapsing categories? Like in that untranslated game sticky?

Eromancer

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hey all,

Just throwing it out there and for the OP that the public demo for Malise and the Machine has been released!

Download and installation instructions are available here:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: [2/16] *Update* Comprehensive patreon list

Hoh. Looking about to make sure I get the right place to shamelessly shill my games Patreon..

only to find it already there. Neat.

Anyway, here is a link to the blog:

I'd rather people first play through the game, then make up their mind if they want to support the game project at all.

(I also threw the blog link at the threadauthor, but wanted to put it out here for anyone viewing) ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.