What's new

A Desert Girls Tale (Pheonix Alugere)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: A Desert Girls Tale (Pheonix Alugere)

Nilliens Status: HP = 42, P = 38, EP = 41/66

Binding Check: 1 + 60 + 44 + 3 = 108 vs 6 + 50 + 54 = 110 == Enemy wins.

Nillien suddenly feels her binding break, and the demon surges out and grabs one of the kobolds, lifting the squirming creature off the ground before ripping its head off entirely. The demon throws the corpse aside as the other Fey fall back and away from it.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Bad! Bad, bad, bad! Nillien mental cries out before running in a panic out the second entrance and away from the battle, her magic already gathering itself to make a barrier if need bee behind her if she felt the thing following her.

(Flee and use Holy Wall 1 if the thing follows)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nilliens Status: HP = 42, P = 38, EP = 41/66

Nillien runs, and is about to make it to the entrance to the next cavern when she suddenly feels something wrap around her throat, and a loud, horrifying voice shouts; "YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE, HUMAN!" There isn't anything physically touching her, but she can feel the thing wrapping around her throat, cutting off her air....

The Fey are unable to even hit the creature now that Nillien is no longer holding it, and another kobold perishes as it touches one of the demons burning hooves.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Nillien screams in her mind, her body not able to around whatever is holding her. In a near panic, she manages to press her eyes shut and separate about half of her spiritual fire from her central essence. Then, in a move of desperation, she flings the cascade of energy at the massive beast.

(Holy Fire 20)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nilliens Status: HP = 42, P = 38, EP = 21/66

To-hit: 17 + 44 + 3 = 64 vs 60 = hit.
Damage: 6 + 6 + 6 = 18 x 20 = 360 - 12 = 348 damage.

Her bolt of fire is about the size of her torso when she flings it at the demon, who is unable to avoid it in time. Nillien falls to the ground, the hold on her throat released, as she hears a loud thump behind her.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Coughing at the remaining feeling at being choked, Nillien opens her eyes, stained with tears from fear, to look back at the creature.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Turning around, the first thing Nillien sees is the stunned group of Fey standing around something massive lying on the ground. The flames on the demons body have gone out, and her blast seems to have burned a sizable chunk off of the demons torso. One of its arms is just.... gone as well.

(Gain 10 exp)

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Inching back towards the creature, Nillien tries to sense if the thing still has a large enough aura to indicate whether or not it's alive. If it isn't, she gives it a few pokes with her foot before speaking out loud I think... it's dead right?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The creatures spiritual presence has already mostly dissipated, and it doesn't budge when she pokes it with her foot.
"Indeed..... I..... I think it is." The woman she'd rescued says, apparently still stunned by the fact that Nillien had felled the demon in a single blow.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Wha... what exactly was that thing...? Nillien mumbles out as she slumps to the ground shaking, overwhelmed at what just happened and somewhat exhausted by her spells.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nilliens Status: HP = 42, P = 38, EP = 66

"That creature was a Nightmare, an abomination, one of the most powerful forms of demons my people have ever encountered. We... We owe you our lives, human. Had you not destroyed it, we would surely all have perished." The gruff says, apparently the first to recover.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Th-there are more then? Nillien asks, loosing whatever cool she had as the adrenaline wears off, almost at the same rate that the fey were recovering theirs.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Yes, though not many. At least, as far as we know." The gruff replies.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

... I-I see... Nillien murmurs, reaching a third state of her wind down after the battle when the fatigue from using two thirds of her core fire, ... I think I need a nap... She yawns out before passing out where she rests on the ground.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

When she awakens, Nillien finds herself on a thin bedroll on the mine floor, the sound of a crackling fire nearby. Her body is slightly achy from the hard floor, but she'd slept well and her energy was completely restored.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Uh, I... Where? She mumbles, slowly getting up and looking around. Given where she went to sleep before, she had a fairly good idea that she was safe, but where is the critical question.

(I spent the 10 xp and upgraded my character. The two things I bought are in the changelog.)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nilliens Status: HP = 43, P = 39, EP = 88

Looking around, Nillien found herself still in the mine, in the Fey camp. They were much as she'd left them, sitting around a fire, though the woman she'd rescued had replaced two of the dead kobolds. Her belly was extremely swollen, and Nillien guessed that the Nightmare had done more than knock her out when he'd defeated her.

Last edited:

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Moving over towards the fire, Nillien speaks, Uh, hi again. Um, thanks for not just leaving me and wandering off?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nilliens Status: HP = 43, P = 39, EP = 88

"Ahhh... Good, you're awake. How could we do as much, after you felled that demon and saved our lives?" The woman replied as Nillien comes to the fire.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Thinking back to the previous... day? night? it's hard to tell down in the mines... Nillien replies, I'm sorry I didn't do that earlier. I didn't know I could do that.