What's new

A Desert Girls Tale (Pheonix Alugere)

Re: A Desert Girls Tale (Pheonix Alugere)

Nilliens Status: HP = 43, P = 39, EP = 88

"They're still alive... The mage... The thief... and the man with the mace...... They are.... up...... somewhere..... in the village..... I must leave here......" The spirit says, panic beginning to appear in his voice and they in which he held himself. The spirits head began to turn about, as though searching for a way out.

Your body isn't really in a condition to do that. You died. I... might be able to do it for you, but, well, these mines are dangerous by themselves and they aren't even the source of the demons. The town would probably be even worse. I'm not sure if I would be able to last if I tried to move about in the town. Nillien replies, a bit nervous at the thought of entering the town. She had already encounter that massive demon here, away from the center of the disturbance. Who knew how bad the town itself would be. Her mental image of the city involves almost the entire place covered in the corrupted rape plants with demons crawling among the vines.

Last edited:

"Do it... for me? How? Would you..... Join with me? Would you..... Take me from this place?"

I... I could try... I don't really know how I would do that though... Mother never taught me how to channel. Nillien replies, admitting her shortcomings as she thought about the deal. Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on the viewpoint taken, her mother never told anything about making pacts with the dead, so she didn't have any real reason to disagree.

"Very.... well...." The spirit says, and begins to float toward her slowly. Nillien suddenly feels something strange and invasive, and notices tiny pieces of the spirit floating toward her from across the abyss, and being absorbed into her. It's unpleasant, but at the same time invigorating, as she feels the spirit adding its own power to her. She senses that she could halt the spirit if she chose, or she could allow it to finish whatever it was doing.

Glehah... this feels weird and really tickles... Nillien replies as she wriggles somewhat, her body half-flinching, half-accepting the new presence. The conscious part of Nilliens mind decides to track the spirit particles and accept them while her subconscious merely tries to limit her twitching as the act happens.

The boy slowly floats closer from across the void, until Nillien and he are almost touching, more of the tiny flecks spraying toward her. The boy slowly started to shrink, pieces of his dead soul slowly being absorbed into her. After another moment, he reached out a hand and lightly touched her arm.

The reaction was immediate, as his form slammed and melted into her own, the discomfort from before becoming outright blazing agony. It felt as though her entire body burned from the inside, and the white void turned red, and then black, leaving her alone in an endless dark abyss.

She awoke to find herself once more in the dark room, the boys corpse lying on the floor next to her, completely inert once again. Except now, she could see perfectly in the dark room, as though it were bright as day.

(Nillien has gained the "Tainted Soul" Mutation.)
Tainted Soul: The character has joined with a dead spirit, becoming partially undead. Being in direct sunlight or bright light causes the bonded spirit to try and free itself, causing -20 to all rolls as the character tries to keep its soul intact.
The character also ceases to regain HP naturally (except regaining one HP to regain consciousness.) The character still needs to eat, can still become pregnant, and looks mostly the same except for a pair of long fangs growing in their mouth and a slight increase in their curvature and muscle mass.
However, the character gains a permanent +20 to Body and +10 to Mind, along with a +10 to all grapple rolls.
The character can also bite a creature they've grappled if they get it into a submission hold and make a successful grapple check against it. This drains d20 + 10 HP from the victim per round, which the character regains. Draining from corrupted creatures also causes the character to gain that much corruption per round, and any corruption gained from contact with demons is doubled due to the vulnerable nature of the characters soul.

OOOOWWWWWwwww! What was that? Nillien says outloud to herself as she slowly regains her feet. Looking around she starts to gape in shock, How? Where's the light coming from? Shaking herself, she continues talking to herself, her loss of composure causing her to space out enough to not realize she wasn't just thinking to herself. Did... did that boy do this? Did he somehow make it to where I can see in the dark? She asks to the empty air, marveling at how easy it is for her to see now.

After a time of merely admiring her new vision, Nillien slowly begins to move back towards the door, deciding that she wasn't gaining anything by staying here. Heading back outside, she plans to descend farther down the shaft. She will need to keep a look out for the men who killed the boy, but she might as well try to find out if the large demon from earlier had a treasure hoard while she is down here. Plus, given how that thing was down here, there might even be a way from here and into the town directly. Like a passage coming up into a cellar or a factory at some point.

Nilliens Status: HP = 68, P = 59, EP = 103

As soon as she opens the door, Nillien is practically blinded by the torchlight, which had only been just enough to see by before. She feels a slight disturbance in her spirit, like a roiling sea, but it only lasts a second as her eyes adjust to the light. 'Beware the light.' A voice whispers in her mind.

She could keep going down the passage or she could go back up.

Owww, fuck, too bright! Nillien says, momentarily pressing her hands over her eyes. Rubbing the tears that had formed out of her eyes vigorously, she then heads farther down. Now I definately hope there's a way to get to the town without having to go above ground. The light is really bright.

Nilliens Status: HP = 68, P = 59, EP = 103

Nillien finds the going even easier than before, and after only a few moments of travel she reaches the bottom. What's more, she immediately spots the spider waiting in ambush next to the tunnel exit. The demon is looking the other way, as if prepared to ambush someone coming from the other direction.

Stilling herself, Nillien thinks, Well now, this is definately starting to have advantages. She decides before momentarily closing her eyes to draw a small portion of her growing core flame out to the tip of one finger. Then, extending that hand, she points at the creature and pushes the flame out towards the spider, hoping to get it before it notices her.

(Holy fire 3, bolt)

Nilliens Status: HP = 68, P = 59, EP = 100/103

To-hit: 12 + 46 + 3 = 61 vs 33 = hit.
Damage: 6 + 7 + 8 = 21 x 3 = 63 damage.

Nilliens bolt of flow scorches through the spider, drawing a brief keening screech from it before it falls to the mine floor, burnt in half.

Grinning happily to herself, Nillien closes her eyes and gives the corpse a once over with her spiritual senses. If she doesn't sense anything still holding an evil energy, she'll move on down the passage the spider was watching, otherwise she'll retrieve the object and then move on.

She spotted a small sack within the creature, likely a venom gland, which looked like she could remove safely and hold without rupturing it.

She also heard voices coming down the passage as she examined the corpse.

Moving to the spider, Nillien momentarily glaces up towards the passage before getting to work. Closing her eye's she takes a small fraction of her flame and moves it to her finger. Once there, she slowly pushes it out as she traces around the gland, using her finger and flame as a scalpel to carve out the gland.

(Gain 1x Darkwalker Venom Gland and 2 exp.)

Nillien manages to pull the venom gland out with a bit of effort, and she also manages to do so before the voices coming down the tunnel come into view. She can hear them coming closer, and it sounds like a pair of women. They should come into view any second now.

Well so far, none of the demons have talked, so maybe they're fey or other people who have come here for profit. Nillien thinks as she stows the gland and then leans against the wall waiting for whoever is coming to come.

Two women do indeed come around the corner, though Nillien can tell immediately that they're demons from some gut instinct. Both are nude, and gorgeous, with long curly brown hair and athletic figures, but one of them has a massive cock jutting from her crotch. Both converse in low tones while the normal looking one holds up a glowing sphere. The sphere only illuminates a small area, and Nillien is not overly bothered by it.

Both women come to a stop upon spotting Nillien, and their eyes glow blood red. "Ahhhh... What have we here, Jezebel?" The one with the cock says. "I don't know, Palla, but its soul looks delicious. Nice and juicy just the way I like them." the other says. "I agree, lets drain her dry. And then wait until she recovers so we can do it again!" The one with the cock says, and both begin advancing.

Strangely, Nillien feels the urge to rush forward and attack them physically, rather than use her spiritual powers. She feels like she should bight them, tear into their throats, and a hungry shiver goes down her spine before she can even think about how unusual such thoughts were.

While the normal one's light is not overly irritating, it does affect Nillien slightly, somewhat like an itch that just can't be scratched. This, compounded by her... disturbing new feelings... leaves Nillien unsettled enough that she quickly closes her eyes and swipes up a portion of her fire without bothering to control it and blasts it out at the arm and shoulder holding the light all while tensing her legs as she readies to lunge forward at the other demoness as soon as her bolt deals with the other one.

(Holy fire 7, Bolt at the normal demoness)

Back