What's new

A New Circus (Unknown Squid)

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Reds Status: HP = 40, P = 28, EP = 42

Having been sneaking through alleys and forests for a while now, Red was not bothered much by being surrounded by trees. The ground was a little wet from rain from the previous night, but the grass and underbrush prevented the ground from getting impassably muddy.

She crept through the woods, making sure to keep the road on the edge of her vision. She was very nearly to Artmirst, the town that had supposedly been taken over by demons, where she'd be able to hide for a time, and hopefully make some money killing the creatures. Suddenly, she heard something up ahead, like the sound of bones crunching and flesh being torn.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score
Re: A New Circus (Unknown Squid)

She'd only recently overheard rumours of demons while eavesdropping on those travelling the roads. A town full of demons. Didn't sound like the ideal place to hideout, but at least the demons weren't putting up wanted posters, and her pursuers were unlikely to follow her into such a place. In any case, she couldn't turn back now.

Upon hearing the sound she freezes, scanning the area ahead and attempting to put a sight to the sound. Slowly moving forwards, carefully and quietly as possible, trying to keep some foliage between herself and whatever was ahead.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Stealth: Success.
Perception: Success.

Carefully creeping forward, Red comes upon the gory scene of a trio of wolves devouring the corpse of a goat-man. From her circus days, she recognizes it as the body of a gruff, a Fey warrior. She had seen one as an act, the poor man having been captured by the same men who'd captured her. The beasts don't look up as she slowly creeps closer, not noticing her or not caring.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

The wildlife certainly seemed brutal here. Red instinctively held one hand across the grip of one of her daggers, though see didn't intend to use it. She hadn't spent all those days avoiding detection to randomly start fights with packs of animals. Not three at once in any case.

For now she would attempt to simply get past the creatures. Cutting them a wide berth, she crept further away from the road and into the forest to get around them. Even so, as she moved she pondered on the best ways to fight dogs and wolves, and made glances back towards the pack to check they hadn't moved. Though without any real training, since running from the circus, she had discovered she seemed to possess a natural talent for killing things. It was strange, but had proved useful.

(Also, small question. When activating powers such as battle aura, does that count as a "free action" or take a moment to do so? Ie, can I activate->charge->attack, in one turn for example.)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Activating any power other than Energy Blade takes a turn.)

Stealth: Success.

Red gets out of sight of the wolves without any of them seeming to notice her presence. After traveling for a few minutes through the dense underbrush, she figures that those beats had been left behind.

Continuing on, she is brought to pause once more as she hears a sweet, female voice chanting up ahead.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

She wondered whether it was common to see fey in this forest, or whether it was common for them to be getting eaten. Was probably a good idea to avoid the same fate. One gruff wouldn't satisfy three wolves like that after all.

'Hmm? What's this then.'
Red ponders hearing the chanting and moving forward. She gives the voice more or less the same reaction as the wolves, though with a little more curiosity than concern. She creeps closer and tries to get a look at what's up ahead.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Stealth: Failure.
Perception: Failure.

As she creeps closer to the source of the wonderful singing, it suddenly stops, followed by a bout of rich feminine laughter. Suddenly, all around her the leaves on the trees seem to erupt into motion, swaying as though in a gale even though the breeze in the forest is very light.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Red's eyes flick about across the leaves, then look ahead again. "Pfft... I guess I need more practice at this sneaky stuff huh?" Red says out aloud. She had to assume trying to run to another bush or tree wasn't going to help. "Hmm..." She hums standing up straight and still trying to get a view of whoever was around. "Sorry if I interrupted your singing. I was just passing through. So who, or where, are you?" She says looking a little stumped, "Erh, I'd give you my name but I don't really have one..."

A singing woman in the forest. In this forest. It seemed a little strange. But Red didn't really know what to make of the situation. She was putting on a more relaxed stance, but at the same time she couldn't help but keep her daggers in mind. They were the only thing that had kept her alive this far after all.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Red hears another bout of rich laughter erupt, this time seemingly coming form all around her at once. Turning this way and that, she repeatedly spots movement among the trees, as though something or someone was up in the branches, climbing between them. Red is about to break and run, when suddenly, the laughter stops, and a voice from directly behind her says; "Welcome to my home, my little mortal. How are you doing this fine day?"

Red practically jumps out of her skin, and spins about, her daggers ready in her hands, to find herself facing a very strange nude woman. She has leaf green, shaggy hair, and her skin is also a lighter shade of green. Her average sized breasts are tipped with dark green nipples, which are fully erect from the cool damp air. She smiles warmly, her full red lips displaying more amusement than malice, and she even seemed somewhat friendly. She has golden cats eyes, which shine brightly in the dark shade of the trees.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

"Er..." Red starts, with a startled expression still, her mouth hanging open for a moment as if about to say something, before closing again in uncertainty. She realises how she still has her blades raised, and while the woman didn't seem too concerned lowers them slightly, though not yet brave enough to stow them. She felt like stepping back a little, but somehow felt unable to. "Hello." She manages, "Your home? Well... er, thank you then." She says taking another brief glance at the trees. "How am I doing? Fine? I guess. Avoiding being eaten, looking for something to eat... That kind of thing we mortals do..."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"That is good. And I can perhaps give you a meal, before you go, if you wish it. Natures bounty is ever plentiful, and I have much to spare. I would ask very little in exchange, you have my word on it. Only your company, and perhaps a story." The woman replies, quite calmly and in a friendly voice.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Red was starting to almost feel guilty for being so defensive in the face of such a welcoming being. But it was a perfectly natural reaction right? The green woman evidently understood all that.

"A meal? Really!?" Red says eagerly, her wariness turning to a pleasantly surprised smile as she fully lowers and begins to sheathe her weapons. She had been living on the merest of rations and scavenging for a while now, and the simple promise of food was something she couldn't deny. "I... I'd be happy to stay for a while. I'm in no hurry to be anywhere." She relpies, trying to calm her tone a little, and wondering what kind of story the woman wanted.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The green woman grins broadly, apparently quite happy with Reds decision. "Follow me then, and I will see to feeding you." She says, and turns to walk away, her hips swaying in a sensual manner with every step. She seems to be heading toward the a large clearing, with a single large rock in the center.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Red nods happily and follows after her. She was starting to feel glad to have come this way. Otherwise she'd never of had any idea that such friendly 'green people' even existed. She couldn't help but notice the slightly hypnotic way the woman walked, even having a go at imitating it for a brief second, though she wasn't sure if it suited. Seemed a little off balance to her. In her defensive mindset she had ignored the nudity, though it didn't much bother her anyway. Red had never been the kind to worry too much about her body or how well covered it was. At least not until certain people started to pay a bit more attention to it than she was comfortable with anyway.

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The woman leads her over to the large rock sitting in the clearing, her hips swaying yet keeping in perfect balance. She turns and sits on it, her legs splaying comfortably and revealing her perfectly pink nether lips. She beckon for Red to sit on the stone table as well, and then promptly waves her hand. An array of foods appear before her, fruits and vegetable of various shapes and sizes appearing out of thin air, sitting in earthenware bowls or resting on the stone. Crystal glass goblets appear, as well as a trio of decanters, each of which has a different scent coming from it. The first is scentless, likely filled with water, while the other two are both pleasantly sweet in different ways, one smelling like a very light wine while the other wafts the scent of honey.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Red nimbly hops onto the rock as well, and drops to sit in a similar fashion to her host. 'Oh, she's still pink inside...' Red notices mentally, somehow expecting more green perhaps, though then wondering why she was thinking such thoughts at all. Her eyes suddenly open wide, as the bounty of food and drink materialises in front of her, and her mouth soon hangs open too. She almost seems to recoil at the sight, having once been beaten for merely looking hungrily at the ringmasters table once before. Her face changes excitedly as she looks from one item to another, not unlike a hungry animal. She looks back up to the woman somewhat awe struck. "How did... This is... I can really have this?"

Red knew as she asked that it was a stupid question. The woman hadn't summoned the food for herself after all. Her hands were almost going for the fruit already.

(Heh. "Stay a while" ? At this rate it might be hard to find a good enough reason to make Red leave when the time comes.)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The woman smiles, and laughs lightly, seemingly amused by Reds reaction. "Of course you can, eat your fill." She replies, indicating for Red to dig in. She grabs an apple herself, biting into it without hesitating, and then licking the juices from the luscious fruit from her lips, all the while looking into Reds eyes.

(She's probably going to disappear eventually. Fey Lords do get bored, after all.)

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Red didn't even recognise half the food in front of her, but she knew she wanted it regardless. The woman would see her eyes shining with anticipation. She reaches for a few items, plucking them up and testing each alluring fruit.

"Mmm..." She murmurs in satisfaction. Having eaten the first fruit so quickly, Red finds she needs a drink. She considers the three decanters and glances at the goblets. She actually had a choice of drink. It was yet another very petty thing, but it was all quite new to her. After a short bit of indecision She opts for the slightly fruity smelling drink. Looking back up to the fey woman for a second to check everything was still good, before very carefully pouring some into one of the worryingly expensive looking crystal goblets. Red questioned for a moment if goblets seemingly made of thin air could actually have a value, but the question seemed irrelevant. She would also question the nature of the food she was eating if it wasn't for the very real taste.

Holding the goblet to her mouth, she pauses to look back to the woman again. She thought about asking about what she wanted in return again, but she said company, and she was doing that right? So instead she just smiles in appreciation and takes a sip of her drink.

Red had come to the conclusion that this woman was a Fey, of which she'd heard some about. But she had little to go on beyond that. The woman seemed to be looking at Red in a curious way, which she wasn't sure quite what to make of. But it was a friendly look.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The woman watches silently as Red eats the fruit, nodding for her to continue when she reaches for the decanter of wine. The liquid is very sweet, masking the alcohol in the beverage perfectly so that Red, who hadn't ever had more than a sip, didn't even notice it. Luckily, the wine isn't very potent, so once she'd drained her goblet, Red is only a little lightheaded.

Now that Reds belly is full, the food disappears as quickly as it had appeared, though the drinks remain. The woman finally speaks, her voice filled with almost childlike eagerness; "Well, now that you have eaten your fill, I believe that it is now time for you to fulfill your end of our bargain. You owe me a tale. Any sort will do, be it truth or fiction."

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

"Of course, and thank you, it was the most delicious food I've ever had." Red replies, putting the goblet down in front of her. Though her face shows a little uncertainty as she realises she doesn't really know what kind of tale she can give. "Hmm, a tale. Anything? I don't know how good I'll be. I'm not sure what to tell... um..." She says, putting her fingers to her lips and staring off in thought. She had liked to watch the actors when they were performing, when she got a chance, but she wasn't certain she could manage or properly remember that on her own. She considers a few myths, but had doubts. Then it dawned on her, if she could tell any tale, perhaps she should tell the one she knew the best.

"Ah, I know. "

Red proceeds to begin telling her story, including details about the circus and the people there. Her good times and bad, and her feelings about them. Though she tells about herself in third person, it wouldn't be hard to realise who the main character in this tale is. She tells what she can of the places the circus visited. The limited freedoms and the cruel oppression of the ringmaster come up frequently as well.

She describes some of the performances that took place, getting quite into the swing of the story telling thing now, "While it was hard work and often tense, she enjoyed her performances. She would leap and twirl through the air, swinging, catching and flying again." Whilst saying this Red has rolled off the rock and began to casually dance about, demonstrating some actions where possible. She has been adding motions and body language to most of her tale so far. "There was one trick which she loved the most. They would make as if they were going to perform a daring trapeze act, over a wider gap than normal. The audience would all watch and wait anticipating the big jump in the middle. She would swing out, kicking her legs and spinning forwards, the man supposed to catch her would stretch and reach out..." She tells, finding and taking grip on a horizontal branch and swinging a little, making sure her tale can still be heard well, and grinning at the next part, "Suddenly the crowd would gasp out in horror, as her fingers only lightly brush the catcher's, and she plummets to the ground. The audience all think a terrible mistake has happened, but they haven't noticed the extra swing readied just below, which she grabs and swings back up to the catcher as he passes back. And the audience all realise it was on purpose, and try to pretend they weren't shocked." She says swinging off of the branch with a twirl to land gracefully. "While she had to look cool and professional, that trick always had to be extra perfect with the timing, and it made her heart race every time."

She comes back to the rock now. Telling the story so far had made her pull up a lot of memories, and reminds her of both the things she escaped and the things she won't be able to go back to. It shows in her face. She hesitates for a moment as she realises the tale is coming to the part where she takes up her knives and earns her new name.