OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: A New Circus (Unknown Squid)

Reds Status: HP = 40, P = 28, EP = 42

The pregnancy caused by the plant was seemingly quicker than she'd even imagined, as Red felt an unfamiliar pang in her belly long before her clothes were dry enough to wear. On some instinctive level, Red understood that whatever was growing in her belly was about to come to term, so to speak, and she prepared herself accordingly. She lay back on the ground, ensuring that her child or children wouldn't fall into the creek or onto a rock, and a moment later, she felt a slightly painful clenching deep inside her. The birthing begun, Red could only groan in pain as several strange, leafy eggs with a pair of small tentacles wriggling around them made their way down her birth canal. They were nowhere near as large as a true child, so there wasn't any tearing, but she was still forced to endure the birth of seven of the little mobile eggs. When she'd recovered, Red saw that her children were wriggling their way into the ground, all of them about two feet away from each other.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Red watches as her strange children crawl away from her, groaning and turning onto her side to get up. She was glad to have them out so soon and be back to her normal shape, but it certainly did ache. She stands there for a moment, supporting her self on a rock whilst regarding the new born plants. Even now they were out she still didn't know what to make of it all. There was the feeling of having been used, and forced to birth these unwanted creatures. But she was surprised to also find a tiny warm feeling surfacing as she looked at her offspring. Some twisted sense of motherly pride? The idea rather creeped her out.

Perhaps she should just move on. She collects her clothes, deeming them dry enough and gets dressed, putting her belt and other things straight. She was ready to go, yet stops for a second crouching down to examine the nearest egg. She couldn't deny her curiosity. If the plant she'd encountered earlier was alone in the clearing, how come these things had all huddled so comparatively close? Would they get up and find their own spot later on?

Red points out a finger and gently pokes the wriggling creature, then picking it up and looking it over. "Strange little thing. Hmm, why not. Your coming with me." She says standing up and taking one last glance around the creek. She didn't have a real reason to bring it with her, and didn't even know if it could survive being carried about like this, but if it proved troublesome or it started looking wrong she could easily just put it down somewhere. She heads off towards the town once more, alien offspring held in the palm of her hand, the other ready to hold it still or catch it if it squirms.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The seeds pair tentacles squirm around as Red picks it up, but they don't seem to be very strong. Her clothes are still a bit cold, but are in fact dry enough for her to be passably comfortable. As she continues on toward Artmirst, the plants tentacles squirm around in a surprisingly cute manner, occasionally wrapping around her fingers as she carries it in her palm. The seed was warm to the touch, and pleasantly dry despite its recent birth. Eventually, Red finds herself on the edge of the town. Since she had basically been parallel with the main road, Red found herself in one of the more well-to-do areas, the road being clustered with large well built houses and sturdy little shops. She entered through an alley, which ran along the side of a large building, and, when she looked at the building from the front, she realized that it was a library of some sort, the large picture of the book on the front letting her know, if nothing else.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

As she walks, Red teases it a little with her fingers, toying with the tiny tentacles and trying to get it to play the hold my finger game. Though she makes sure to keep paying good attention to her surroundings as she does so. Reaching the edge of town she looks over the buildings, and checks for people in the streets and area in general. 'Nice place. These kind of neighbourhoods are always more likely to be guarded...' she thought as she carefully approached. She hadn't forgotten the rumours of demons taking over the region, but in the case that the town might not be totally overrun she wanted to consider all possible threats. Thinking about potential trouble, her mind came to her knives again, and the currently already occupied hand. She might need that hand. "You can sit tight in here for a while..." she mutters gently placing the seed into one of her empty belt pouches. It fit fairly snugly. She should probably save that space for keeping spare food when she found some more, but she'd worry about stuff like that latter. She tucks the flap of the pouch round behind the belt, allowing the seed to still recieve some light and air. Hopefully it wouldn't climb out. She wondered whether it might need any soil or water, or even food of some kind, but had no way to know for now.

Passing through the ally way, peering and then stepping into the street, she notes just how empty they are. Seemed she wouldn't have to worry about bounty hunters or getting arrested out here after all. What about the buildings and homes then, were they deserted too? Since she was right next to it, she decides to check the library. Circus life had of course never required her to know how to read, but had learnt a little with the help of one of the other performers shortly before she went on the run. Her reading was still strictly basic though.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The plant-things tentacles wrap gently around her fingers, tugging slightly before releasing to wave them about haphazardly, and then repeating the process, each time pulling in a different direction. When she plops the little thing in one of her pouches, it doesn't seem able to climb its way out on its own, so Red is content to leave the little thing in there, at least until she can perhaps figure out what it might need to grow up.

The libraries double doors were unlocked, and opened silently. Upon taking a look inside the library, it seemed just as deserted as the rest of the town. The place was dark, but not so much that she couldn't see anything. The bookshelves were intact, but off to the sides. Directly in front of the door was a large desk.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Red strolls in looking round, and puts a hand to her mouth in thought. "Lot's of books..." she thinks out loud. She walks up to the desk and leans over, trying to peer round any hidden corners and bookshelves. "Not a lot of people..."

Deciding to have a more detailed look around she sets off between the shelves and exploring the other areas of the library. She was looking for any signs or hints of the people who apparently weren't here. She of course kept in mind the reason why they seemed to be gone. While she wouldn't admit it, even to herself, her eyes were also looking for anything valuable, or otherwise just anything fun. She hadn't made any plans on how she intended to deal with any demons she might meet. Currently the default catch all plan was in effect. Fight, hide, or run. It had worked for most everything so far. A small sensible part of her brain tried to remind her that certain things, like the plant, might not give her opportunity to choose. Though she wasn't really listening.

If she found nothing interesting here, she would probably head back outside and explore the streets.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Perception: Success.

The desk doesn't seem to have anything of interest at first glance, but Red instinctively gives it a second look over, which allows her to spot a small set of glistening silver keys. Each of the keys has a letter engraved into it. She picks them up, and puts them into her pouch, figuring that she might find some use for them.

(Red gets Library Keys.)

The shelves are all fully stock with books, and Red is unable to see through so the other side, making her feel very enclosed as she explores between the shelves. The library is very large, with over three dozen shelves placed side by side throughout the building, all parallel with the two doors that had been on either side of the desk at the entrance. She gives the spine of each book a quick glance, reading over some of the titles but paying more attention to anything that might look interesting or valuable. Her search is stopped, however, when she reaches the end of one line of shelves to find herself staring at a heavy wooden door with a lock on it. The plaque on the front read, in bright gold text; "Restricted." Remembering the keys in her pouch, she was fairly sure that one of them had had an R engraved on it.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

'Keys huh?' She thought picking them up and flicking one of the keys through her fingers. Didn't seem to be anyone around to object to her borrowing them. 'Lot's of books...' she thinks again as she wanders among the shelves. Dozens of curious titles, some of which she couldn't be sure if she was reading them correctly. Coming across the door though, she recognised the word, 'Restricted' easily. "Is that so?" She says with a smirk.

She steps up to the door and pulls out the keys again to try on the lock. She didn't really know what would be on the other side, but that was kind of why she wanted to find out.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The key slides comfortably into the lock, and Red hears a click sound as the door unlocks. She slowly opens the door to find herself in another chamber full of books, though this one was much smaller. About a tenth the size of the main library, it was also much less pleasant to be in. As soon as she'd opened the door, Red had been hit the a wave of the places musty, dry smell, and she also had a strange sense of foreboding as she looked into the unlit room.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Red wrinkles her face and holds her nose as the unpleasant old smell wafts out. "Ugh... I think I'd want to keep this smell locked up too. Guess they didn't come in here too often." she mumbles tucking away the keys and entering the room. A bit more light would help, but as long as it wasn't too dark to see. Still had no real reason for being in here, but felt like checking it out anyway. She had to wonder if anyone had actually used any of these books more than once a year, or if it was more of a book grave yard.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Red could still see in the dim light of the restricted section, though not well enough to read the titles of any of the books. This was probably for the better, however, as the further she went into the room, the greater her sense of foreboding became. By the time she'd taken four steps, the hair on the back of her neck was standing up straight, and a sense of intense terror went through her.

Mind Check: Enemy wins.

Before Red is able to even think of turning and running as her instincts demand, a powerful, icy cold presence fills her mind and the door slams shut behind her, leaving her in complete darkness. Red collapses to the ground, helpless, as the presence slowly takes over control of her body, despite her attempts to resist. She can still see and feel everything that happens to her, however, and the first thing she notices is the strange faint green light coming from somewhere deep within the library. She feels her muscles move as though they were someone elses, and she watched through her own eyes as she slowly got up and went toward the green light.

She found the source of it sitting on one of the shelves. It issued from between the pages of a thick tome, spilling out into the otherwise pitch black hallway. Her hands stretched out, beyond her control, and picked up the tome. She opened it, revealing it to be a book box, rather than a book in itself, containing a glowing green crystal. The crystal was jagged and sharp, cutting her fingers slightly as they closed around it and lifted it out of the false book, which was then tossed aside. She lifted it above her head, staring at it, before smashing it against the ground with all her strength.

The gem shattered as it struck the ground, and a green smoke filtered out form the remains. Red suddenly collapsed, her body having gone completely limp, and immediately blacked out. She didn't rest for long, however, as her eyes snapped open only a few moments later, her own mind back in control of her body again, and she looked up to a very unexpected sight. A woman stood above her, glowing in a sickly green light, staring down at her collapsed form. She was gorgeous, easily the equal of the Fey woman she'd seen earlier that day, with creamy skin and a curvaceous form. She was easily six feet tall, with long muscular legs and dark hair that fell straight down to her waist, though it curled at the tips. Red would have thought of her as a mostly normal human woman, despite the green glow, had it not been for the white feathered wings that jutted out from her back. She had been smiling, but her grin widened as she noticed that Red was awake, and she said, in an evil, toneless, but still somehow alluring voice; "Ahhh.... Awake already. I'm sorry about taking control of your body from you, but it was the only way I could have been free. I'd been trapped in that gem for so long that I don't even remember being trapped, and the binding spell on the book kept me form reaching out to anyone until something broke it a few months ago."

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

'Ow, what the hell...'

Red lifts herself onto her arms and shakes her head as if trying to make sure the invasive feeling is out of there. Looking up to see the eerie woman she freezes, eyes suddenly alert, and then springs back a small way. Though the woman's words themselves didn't seem threatening, the way she delivered them and everything else about her screamed warning signs.

"Uh, right, don't mention it. Would have been nice if you asked first."
Red says a little sarcastically, with evident distrust in her tone and crouching posture. "So who are you?" She asks warily, wondering just what she had accidentally let out of the gem

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The woman only watches and smiles as Red jumps up and away from her, not seemingly bothered by her defensive posture. "I'm afraid it isn't quite that simple. Besides, you might have not freed me had I been polite. I am Naya. A pleasure to meet you, mortal. What is your name?"

Red thinks for a moment, as the name had struck a chord, though she doesn't remember exactly where she'd heard the name before. When she does remember where she'd heard the name before, Red cringes slightly, a tremor of fear and uncertainty, at what was evidently standing before her: A literal goddess. Naya had been the name of a lesser goddess of fertility who had been popular among small villages, one her circus had actually performed at festivals for on some occasions. While the goddess wasn't outwardly hostile, Red new that remaining in proximity to a being of such power was a VERY bad idea, especially after it had been imprisoned for so long.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

'Naya? Where have I heard...' Red thinks to herself for a moment hearing the vaguely familiar name, '... no way. Seriously?'

How exactly is one supposed to react to meeting a god first person? Red was already on one knee, though that was for purpose of being ready to leap up and either stab or flee. Neither of those actions seemed like a good idea really. She should probably try not to get involved any further and slip away, but simply leaving right away could well offend Naya. Getting away without making it blatantly obvious she was trying to escape might be tricky.

"...Red."
She answers, deciding to keep things simple and avoid the disowning her old name subject this time. She dusts herself off and slowly gets up to her feet. She loosened her defensive stance a little, since being able to quickly draw her daggers wasn't much of a concern in this situation, nor did she imagine it would help one bit. Though she was still paying evident careful attention to any action Naya might make. "I've got to say, It's not everyday I get to meet a goddess."

Though it hadn't been the first time someone had referred to her as 'mortal' today. Red was at a loss on what to do here. The somewhat confined ambient green atmosphere was creepy as hell. And while a fertility god sounded much more friendly then say a curse god or such, she really didn't know what to make of Naya here.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The goddess laughs at Red statement, and replies; "Well, I suppose there aren't many of us left, with Matthias having had so many centuries to go on his accursed rampage. Hmmmm... Named for a color? No...... For what that color represents...... Blood...... Interesting. You've had quite the past, haven't you my dear? Well then, on to your reward for freeing me. Hmmm........ Well, with the demons here once more, I suppose I could summon up one of them for you, or one of the plants that their presence has mutated. You're familiar with those already, it seems. Though, it's been so long, I'd much rather do it myself. Hmmmm...... I could make myself as a man, and give you your reward that way, or perhaps the other way around? It has been too long since I bore a child....... Or perhaps something more exotic? Perhaps you'd prefer to be taken by something more like a beast, little kitty? Or something with a thousand ways to take you? Well, make up your mind will you? How shall you take your reward, little mortal?" The woman says, quickly devolving into rambling that Red can barely comprehend, even though she understands all the words.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

'Who? What? How do you know that? Damn, she's still in my head?' is the gist of the thought's going through Red's mind as Naya speaks. She listens quietly, though her face says plenty enough as Naya goes from one thing to another. Though still quite wary and sceptical, the mention of a reward didn't sound bad. Perhaps she had been taking the 'creepiness' to heart too much, Naya seemed pretty decen...

'Wait what, a demon? How was that a reward? Or a mutated...? do what? As a man? Other way round, how the hell would that...?'
The gist was clear enough. Red was quickly coming to think that she might rather pass on 'taking' this 'reward'.

"I... um. Please don't be offended, but I don't think I need any of those things. Just happy to help and all..."
Red says with a hint of nervousness, raising her hands in a loose defensive "no thanks" motion.

'This is nuts! I'm plenty fertile already. No need to test it again or anything. I've got the proof in my pocket and everything... oh-shit-can-she-hear-this-too?'

The idea of having someone inside her head was still rattling Red, and the proposition of having many other varied things put inside her certainly added to it. It was all rather obvious.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Nayas smile only widens throughout Reds mental deliberation, and at her remembrance of her encounter with the plant and its aftereffects, she laughs aloud, indicating that she could, somehow, know what Red was thinking even as she thought it. Her smile remains even after Reds apparent refusal, and the goddess waits amounts before she begins slowly walking closer to her while saying; "I'm afraid that isn't an option, my dear little mortal. You have done me a great service, and I cannot help but reward you. As I am a goddess of fertility, I could not reward you in any way that did not.... Produce. I assure you that coupling with me would be the most fulfilling few moments of your mortal life, and that you would even be strengthened forevermore by my touch. So, what would you choose, little kitty?" By the time the goddess finishes, she is right next to Red, close enough to even feel the womans breath on her skin.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Red backs away slowly matching Naya's approach, but with only a foot or so of space behind her already, it doesn't last long. Backed up against the bookshelf her eyes flick round, as if they might miraculously find some kind of escape, but other than the door there was nothing. She considered the idea of simply bolting for it, but her imagination quickly saw Naya grabbing her from behind or suddenly standing in her path. Strengthened? She pondered for a second, was what Naya offered really so bad? She quickly scolds herself for considering it. Had she really ran from the indignity of the circus just to land in more of the same? Did the entire world want to fuck her?

Red made up her mind, she'd go for the door. It wasn't really like she had any other option was it? She opens her eyes, not actually having realised she'd closed them, and saw Naya's face inches before her. Their bodies practically touching. 'Aii! No, why did I freeze up!? Oh god, she's right in... she's...'

With it being more than too late for the door, Red simply backs up hard against the bookcase, grabbing onto the shelves. She turns her face half away from Naya's, though not so far that she couldn't see what the goddess was doing, or those eyes. She opens her mouth to speak, "I..." but no words come, just breath. She felt that if her heart started beating any faster it might jump and make her touch her. She knew it now, that she was only waiting for her reward. With anticipation and surprising impatience it seemed. She closes her eyes, and waits for whatever would come next.

'Fuck. I think I... I'm wet...'

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Red watched as Naya smiled in victory, having acquired the girls silent consent. "Well, if you would rather leave it up to me, I suppose I will take you as I see fit." Then, suddenly, Reds clothing simply disappeared, as though it had never been there. Naya steps closer still, her body pressing up against Reds as one hand reaches up to brush two fingers against Reds cheek, and slowly push her head so that it is in line with Nayas. The goddess presses her lips gently against Reds, her breath escaping in hot gasps, as her other hand goes down to rub against Reds nethers, finding that the girl is indeed already soaking wet, ready for her 'reward.'

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Red quivers at the touch of Naya's body to her own, her eyes opening half way as her head is brought round, looking meekly into the eyes before her. She doesn't resist Naya's lips at all, letting her mouth fall open and almost going into a kiss herself, just waiting for it whilst trading breath. She loosens her tense posture ever so slightly, but still grips the shelves behind her tightly for now. A mewl escapes her lips as the sensual goddess's fingers reach her nethers, finding herself ridiculously sensitive. And she continues to stand, allowing her partner full reign to do as she pleased.

Naya would still sense the conflict in the young mortals thoughts, but there was certainly a strong lust building up. Red didn't want to admit it, even to herself, but she was already loving this. She very much wanted to be 'taken'. It hadn't been fear that had frozen her moments earlier, it was a battle with denial.

'...please...'