What's new

[WIP - Full] [Acid Style] 銑鉄の探索者 / Explorer of the Golden Planet (RJ204720)

Loneranger69

Reputation score
"荒らし" is something along the lines of breaking and entering/robbing. I think that "荒らしてる漁り屋" is a colloquialism for someone who is "fishing around for an opportunity to rob" a place.
I guessed as much... although google was adamant I was talking about a fisherman internet troll trolling. Maybe fishermen are considered shady characters somewhere in Japan? Also I wonder if "Sexloid" is meant to be pronounced "Sexaloid" similar to a vocaloid. Thanks for the help.

This isn't perfect, and I won't claim complete accuracy at all, but it should capture the general gist of the suspicious android's lines a bit better:
Considering 95% of the current translation is google translate and 5% from the crusty recesses of my mind, I'm sure it's fine.

So what is left untranslated overall? Are you planning to stop at this point?
Great work so far!
Anything that does not end in 930 or 1020, although some of it is just simple stuff like "Press up to mine". Even then every STG file will need a once over because there is text coded to the player sprite and the game uses a different sprite on every stage. And I thought editing all the terminals was grueling work.

I'm only really having a crack at this because we've been in lock down for so long that I can almost make a man bun and there's only so many things you can do at home. I only really planned to translate the things that are functionally important so English players don't have to use trial and error to work out what buttons do what and accidentally use the High Gold or Comet Iron for enhancement... like I did...

Loneranger69

Reputation score
Hey guys!

I've just discovered a way to translate the entire game without going through every single stage file. A bit late but whatever. All sprites throughout the game defer to the sprite panel on the right in the image attached. For anyone else who is working on the translation, now or in the future, simply select キャラ(Color) or アイテム(Item) and double right click any of the sprites in the palette to edit them for the entire game.

Attachments

Loneranger69

Reputation score
Very minor thing but it may help someone make sense of the menus and such here: キャラ is short for キャラクター (character), not color.
I did find it quite odd that they would use katakana for the word color or that they would even name it color when it has nothing to do with colors, but I didn't really look to deep because either way it's where the magic happens and it has substantially reduced the amount of repetition my poor fingers will be forced to do. Kind of sad that I discovered this after I already did the 48 terminal stages one by one. Nice catch though.

Loneranger69

Reputation score
Good evening.

I've finished translating every item in the game. All weapons that can be picked up including modifications have been translated. All targets you can lock on to have had their names translated. I've done a once over on all the terminals because of OCD. The opening cutscene with Aperi has been translated. I've touched up on some of Rat-Attacks previous work. I've reworked the shop menus so the text doesn't span the entire screen... most of the time. I've also modified the shop background image to better convey that you are upgrading your airframe and not the drone. The status menu (F key) has been translated including all objectives. It's still almost unreadable but it does the job. The NG+ menu has also been translated.
Ball steel is now Jade steel, the mythical steel of Japanese mythology Tamahagane.
High gold is now Scarletite, the final fantasy translation of the mythical metal Hihiirokane.

I've probably done a bit more but I can't remember at the moment. All I know is that I want some ice cream.

Cheers.

Also quick note for anyone else who was wondering what the hell a Pile Bunker is

Last edited:

ShynWantCuddle

Reputation score
Good evening.

I've finished translating every item in the game. All weapons that can be picked up including modifications have been translated. All targets you can lock on to have had their names translated. I've done a once over on all the terminals because of OCD. The opening cutscene with Aperi has been translated. I've touched up on some of Rat-Attacks previous work. I've reworked the shop menus so the text doesn't span the entire screen... most of the time. I've also modified the shop background image to better convey that you are upgrading your airframe and not the drone. The status menu (F key) has been translated including all objectives. It's still almost unreadable but it does the job. The NG+ menu has also been translated.
Ball steel is now Jade steel, the mythical steel of Japanese mythology Tamahagane.
High gold is now Scarletite, the final fantasy translation of the mythical metal Hihiirokane.

I've probably done a bit more but I can't remember at the moment. All I know is that I want some ice cream.

The ZIP file has been attached. I haven't fully tested everything. Let me know if you see anything odd.

Cheers.

Also quick note for anyone else who was wondering what the hell a Pile Bunker is
Ever since I added your translation it seem that I am missing picture, hopefully not any H or ennemy one, but for exemple a NPC is invisible, or the gallery PC...

Edit: Well after looking at several H Scene, I can add that I am missing some.

Loneranger69

Reputation score
Ever since I added your translation it seem that I am missing picture, hopefully not any H or ennemy one, but for exemple a NPC is invisible, or the gallery PC...

Edit: Well after looking at several H Scene, I can add that I am missing some.
Any specific scenes or NPCs? I know for some reason CG 66/66 is missing and I'm unable to unlock it even when placing it in the editor, which I'll have to track down sooner or later.

It could also be that you might have had an older version of the game. They did a content update that added a new area called the Boreal City which oddly enough can be accessed from the Iron Desert. See the image attached.

Also it appears that my lack of testing any of the translation has been to my detriment as everything done other than the Stage files has not carried over in the zip folder. I'll be investigating that shortly as to why.

Edit: Problem solved... I hope...

Updated ZIP has been attached

Attachments

Last edited:

ShynWantCuddle

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Failure to follow this rule will result in an immediate 1 week ban.
Any specific scenes or NPCs? I know for some reason CG 66/66 is missing and I'm unable to unlock it even when placing it in the editor, which I'll have to track down sooner or later.

It could also be that you might have had an older version of the game. They did a content update that added a new area called the Boreal City which oddly enough can be accessed from the Iron Desert. See the image attached.

Also it appears that my lack of testing any of the translation has been to my detriment as everything done other than the Stage files has not carried over in the zip folder. I'll be investigating that shortly as to why.

Edit: Problem solved... I hope...

Updated ZIP has been attached
Yup, it seem I have an older version for some reason, lemme get a more recent one If I can find it.

Edit: I'm kind of lost when it come to downloading on this forum, do you mind redirecting me on where you download it ? The thread about the game don't seem to have a download page, unless it want me to go on DLSite, and the other link (1.31) that I can click redirect me on a site blocked for me, thanks France that blocked a awful lot of site, and VPN make my connection goes very slow.

Loneranger69

Reputation score
Yup, it seem I have an older version for some reason, lemme get a more recent one If I can find it.

Edit: I'm kind of lost when it come to downloading on this forum, do you mind redirecting me on where you download it ? The thread about the game don't seem to have a download page, unless it want me to go on DLSite, and the other link (1.31) that I can click redirect me on a site blocked for me, thanks France that blocked a awful lot of site, and VPN make my connection goes very slow.
I'm not entirely sure, tbh. I bought all of Acid Styles games from DLsite awhile ago, so I haven't had much of an issue. You could try searching F95zone for a copy.

Loneranger69

Reputation score
Still very happy you're working with this title frenn
I think this is actually one of Acid Styles best games, so I was kind of sad when Barrage got a translation (of an older version no less) but this didn't. I am however looking forward to their next game, although the play style appears to be more like Kemomimi, I look forward to it none the less.

In other news, I have finished translating the ending cinematic and the tutorial. I also did a once over of the translated parts in the tutorial. I highly suggest playing the tutorial to understand the games mechanics. I actually learned some stuff just from translating it.

Also I should start numbering these zip files, therefore, this version shall be christened V0.69. Hopefully it doesn't take 31 more uploads to be fully translated.

Attachments

Reputation score
"荒らし" is something along the lines of breaking and entering/robbing. I think that "荒らしてる漁り屋" is a colloquialism for someone who is "fishing around for an opportunity to rob" a place.
Sounds like the analogous English idiom is "casing the joint".

Maybe fishermen are considered shady characters somewhere in Japan?
Per , 漁り may be read either すなどり "fisherman" or あさり "searching; rummaging"; Google Translate is presumably fixated on the former, though the latter is doubtless what's meant. (The root verb 漁る also has both readings and both meanings.)

Also I should start numbering these zip files, therefore, this version shall be christened V0.69. Hopefully it doesn't take 31 more uploads to be fully translated.
If it does, the version after v0.99 is normally v0.100. (Yes, really.)

Loneranger69

Reputation score
Sounds like the analogous English idiom is "casing the joint".

Per , 漁り may be read either すなどり "fisherman" or あさり "searching; rummaging"; Google Translate is presumably fixated on the former, though the latter is doubtless what's meant. (The root verb 漁る also has both readings and both meanings.)
I actually revisited this last week because I wasn't really happy with the translation, and I'm glad I did. It didn't really make much sense that she would be asking if you were "casing a joint" or "trying to break in" since when she asks you this... she's standing in what is essentially an empty tunnel in a wasteland full of bugs that want to fuck your brains out. I was reviewing some school work I did a while back on the (を) particle for a different translation and it all kind of clicked into place.

荒らし also means to raise havoc, vandalize or to lay waste
漁り means to search or rummage, like discussed earlier. 屋 in this case is a suffix indicating that this is a personality trait.
漁り屋 means (and I found this out on the Battlefield website when it's in Japanese) a scavenger! Not a single dictionary I've consulted mentioned anything about a scavenger, although the exact translation would be a rummager, whatever that is.
を is a particle that tells the reader that the word that comes after it happened to the word before it.
I'm not entirely sure about "やらか" though. It might be a really, really rude way of saying "遣らかす" which when asked as a question is basically asking if you "Are guilty of", "Have committed" or "Have done" something.

(ここらへん) を (荒らし) [てる] (漁り屋) と (やらか) ?
(Around here) (raise havoc) [ing] (Scavenger) (To have committed) ?

I think I translated it to:
"You the scavenger wrecking havoc around here?"

If it does, the version after v0.99 is normally v0.100. (Yes, really.)
If it does, I will surgically remove some of my ribs, if you catch my drift.

Reputation score
I'm not entirely sure about "やらか" though. It might be a really, really rude way of saying "遣らかす" which when asked as a question is basically asking if you "Are guilty of", "Have committed" or "Have done" something.
On taking a closer look at that first sentence, I think the last bit's analyzable as + the usual meaning of か. Maybe something along the lines of "Hey. You that so-called scavenger that's been causing trouble around here?"

If it does, I will surgically remove some of my ribs, if you catch my drift.
Long experience suggests one should never bet anything important on a software project not running late. :V

(But yeah, mostly I was saying that to spread awareness of the fact that one needn't, and probably shouldn't, treat version numbers as decimals.)

OP
Rat-attack

Rat-attack

Sex Demon
Reputation score
.....WELP..............this is what happens when I feel like I just can't get a break for apparently.....a year a bit...let sigh...and I'm still not good yet to pick this up again.😱

When I am I'll send you a message Loneranger69 and see about possibly collaborating what's left at that point? (presuming you've been continueing what I started?)

For now I've added a link to your post that has the v0.69 attatched to it on to the front page so new people get point to it sooner. Thank you for continueing it forward and making so much progress o_O🤯👍

Last edited:

jehuty7

Reputation score
cant believe one of the coolest games is still not translated, such a crime. the v69 is great , better than nothing, but like the pause screen is bugged along with many texts.

Locoreloco123

Reputation score
Can't make the translation work, it just doesn't start the game. How do i make it work?

Akuseru95

Reputation score
I think this is actually one of Acid Styles best games, so I was kind of sad when Barrage got a translation (of an older version no less) but this didn't. I am however looking forward to their next game, although the play style appears to be more like Kemomimi, I look forward to it none the less.

In other news, I have finished translating the ending cinematic and the tutorial. I also did a once over of the translated parts in the tutorial. I highly suggest playing the tutorial to understand the games mechanics. I actually learned some stuff just from translating it.

hello new user here and i don't know where to really ask this but would there might be a problem with the file to download because if i try to extract this it gives me a lot of errors and i don't know how to begin translating the game (FYI i just bought the game from the DLsite as well so i know that it's up to date)

Blizzish

Reputation score
hello new user here and i don't know where to really ask this but would there might be a problem with the file to download because if i try to extract this it gives me a lot of errors and i don't know how to begin translating the game (FYI i just bought the game from the DLsite as well so i know that it's up to date)
I had the same problem but it seems to work fine if you extract it with 7-zip.

Akuseru95

Reputation score
I had the same problem but it seems to work fine if you extract it with 7-zip.
Thank you for the help i tried 7 ZIP and it worked finally, only thing that i noticed was some animations were a little jumbled (the cum animation for the snow leech in the horny mode changed to the futa starting animation) so i'm gonna have to find out what happened and see if i can fix it myself

Edit: couldn't find an easy fix so hoping someone can help me a bit, here's what i did and what animations seem to have broken somewhat; first off I decided to combine both Rat Attack's and Loneranger's translations into one and I'm only using the application from Loneranger's version, everything worked fine and all until I got to the snow leech animation for the Estrus mode, the ending animation changed to the starting sprite for the futa mode, and the freeze animation (when you get hit by a spider's frost attack or those ceiling frost bombs) has been replaced with the kissing animation of a snow spider. I'll try not to let it bother me much and hopefully that's all that was broken but all in all the english translations are working fine and are perfect so far. PS my version is up to date

Last edited: