What's new

Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

It's pretty simple to see how a unit functions. Here is a quick and dirty rundown on what to expect out of units:

Dina - Blocker, Bruiser, Support
Deine - Blocker, Bruiser, Tank
Jelius - Blocker, Tank, Staller, Magic Resistance
Maribelle - Blocker, Tank, Bruiser
Miranda - Blocker, Bruiser
Garrett - Blocker, Bruiser
Bernice - Blocker, Tank, Counter

Akane - Sweeper, Evasion
Sakuya - Sweeper
Shizuka - Sweeper, Duelist
Momiji - Sweeper
Kojuurou - Sweeper, Tank
Chizuru - Sweeper, Support

Cornelia - Bruiser, Tank, Magic Resistance, Global Support
Dark Knight - Bruiser, Support, Magic Resitance
Yurina - Tank, Magic Resistance
Elva - Bruiser

Grace - Blocker, Support, Magic Resistance
Jessica - Blocker, Support
Palfy - Blocker, Tank
Erica - Blocker, Support
Raichi - Blocker, Support (Default), Tank (SAW)

Grace is not a tank. Sure, she is durable during skill use, but that is for her to mitigate damage coming from multiple strong enemies (Read: Not strong bosses, especially ones that need to be stalled for some length of time).

Nereid8

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Hierarchy of black tanks(current meta):
T1: Cornelia
T2: AW Prince, Miri, Sophie
T3: Hibari, Danchou, Cynthia
T4: Grace, Alice, Deine, Sarah
Quite interesting I had no idea Sarah and Sophie were that high, also found your list of platinum units really helpful so thanks to you and everyone involved (must be hard to keep it updated). Have you thought of doing a similar one for black units? I know most blacks are op but it'd be great to know their pros and cons.

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Mmm... what type of content are we talking here? Because honestly, a cc60 Bernice will tank 95% of things in any normal event content with sufficient levels of healing. Okay, there's like, the fire ants from the past subjugation, Shutendoji(if you actually try to tank him) and golems, but those are exceptions and not the rule and resolving these strange situations with a f2p/low money team often doesn't involve tanking.

Replace 'cc60 bernice' with 'any random 3+ block unit with over 500 defense' and you'll get a similar result.

If we are talking about high level majin, only the following units of the three classes mentioned are relevant: Hibari, Grace, Palfy, Deine, Dina, Gellius. Of these, Dina is not usable as a tank and is only ever used for her Blasting Ball and Gellius is only usable for one niche situation for his 'do no damage' SAW. The other four are viable to various degrees, but only Hibari is comparable in usage to Mireille and Cornelia, who shit all over other tanks without being a Samurai, Heavy or Mage Armor.

So I'm really not sure where you get this 'mage armors are left behind' thing.

Notes:
* Samurai are mostly unused outside of Hibari and have had a shitty reputation pretty much since their inception, and still kind of do, even if they are better than they used to be. Hibari is a huge exception to the rule for samurai and is the best event unit ever made, so your statement regarding this class is a bit... kind, to say the least.
* The reason HA got buffed was because of Hibari and HA's awful performance in majin content. Their performance in majin is still far from good even after the buffs, except Deine(who is still far from the best). This is due to their high block and low duration skills being poorly suited to the content.
* Mage armors have other factors that make them compelling outside of having high defense stats(DPS, the ability to clear enemies they are blocking far faster than a heavy that isn't a black, reducing incoming damage taken). They should absolutely not have the same defense stats. This is why I(and others) often call them blockers instead of tanks. Despite this, Palfy and Grace will frequently outperform an HA as a tank due to having AoE damage with a defense multiplier.

Hierarchy of black tanks(current meta):
T1: Cornelia
T2: AW Prince, Miri, Sophie
T3: Hibari, Danchou, Cynthia
T4: Grace, Alice, Deine, Sarah
I agree with most u say but what bothers me in particular is the cost.
Blacks aside, in a lot of situations u can exchange a mage armor with a samurai and it will perform equal or better, for 4 less cost. Their def and hp are not that different either. Magic dmg is arguably better but samurais don't depend on skill to have a decent atk, which also allows them to specialize a little (killing bosses, surviving, blocking, wiping).

The jump in cost from a Magic Fencer to a Magic Armor has grown a lot too.

I'd like to see some interesting skills on them, situational but op, or at the very least, a cost reduction of 3.

As an example, my ideal Erika would be something like this:
Skill:
Pumpkin grenade: Automatic, 15 secs. long range (current MA range +20) magic atk with small aoe. Change to Pumpkin bomb. WT: 20, CT:5
Pumpkin bomb: Automatic, 15 secs. atk x1.5, wide aoe magic atk at 20 range. Change to Pumpkin grenade. CT:5

With some reduction in base atk.

Edit: another crazy idea.
Skill:
Pumpkin mine: automatic, place a magic pumpkin at your feet, they will explode when enemy gets blocked. Limit 5. WT:5, CD:10.

Last edited:

Daverost

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

* Samurai are mostly unused outside of Hibari and have had a shitty reputation pretty much since their inception, and still kind of do, even if they are better than they used to be. Hibari is a huge exception to the rule for samurai and is the best event unit ever made, so your statement regarding this class is a bit... kind, to say the least.
If we could quit propping Hibari up as Jesus the Second for three seconds, because I know everyone here loves to do that, there are other very usable samurai. Shizuka and Kojuurou are quite capable.

But yes, there are still a lot of really bad samurai out there.

* The reason HA got buffed was because of Hibari and HA's awful performance in majin content. Their performance in majin is still far from good even after the buffs, except Deine(who is still far from the best). This is due to their high block and low duration skills being poorly suited to the content.
Then why, as another tank class, do you feel that mage armors don't deserve the same? The latter statement in particular applies to them just as much as it does to heavies.

* Mage armors have other factors that make them compelling outside of having high defense stats(DPS, the ability to clear enemies they are blocking far faster than a heavy that isn't a black, reducing incoming damage taken). They should absolutely not have the same defense stats. This is why I(and others) often call them blockers instead of tanks. Despite this, Palfy and Grace will frequently outperform an HA as a tank due to having AoE damage with a defense multiplier.
A good samurai will outperform them at these roles now unless the enemies in question simply take no physical damage. But a good samurai may also have better defense which means it's really just a matter of how long the surrounding ranged units take to kill whatever they're tanking.

Itamaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Quite interesting I had no idea Sarah and Sophie were that high
Sarah is a very good tank, albeit relies on specific condition but never the less she did the impossible like the following gif.

(https)://media.giphy.com/media/veWVvQAioaTlu/giphy.gif

Last edited:

musaki712

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Miri and Danchou ? But but but ... Who are they ;? ...( hope not the brave commander Matsuri or the dark knight in trading post ) ~~~ Danchou - black fox ? :v

Last edited:

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sarah is a very good tank, albeit relies on specific condition but never the less she did the impossible like the following gif.

://im.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-3196732139.gif

Kindly insert "http" infront
image not found even with the http.

soranokira

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Miri and Danchou ? But but but ... Who are they ;? ...( hope not the brave commander Matsuri or the dark knight in trading post ) ~~~ Danchou - black fox ? :v
Miri = Mireille (black royal guard)
unfortunately, danchou = dark knight in TP, yes.

musaki712

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Seem that the Black fox and Anya missed from that list :'))

soranokira

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Kayou isnt really a tank, and we were talking about HA/mage armor/samurais. Anya is a....Sweeper (SAW), Tank (normal skill) and Magic Resistance I think.

musaki712

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Kayou isnt really a tank, and we were talking about HA/mage armor/samurais. Anya is a....Sweeper (SAW), Tank (normal skill) and Magic Resistance I think.
i meant Karsuman black tank list :p so bad that Kykyo aff + hp not def ^^! ...

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Calling armors for support is stretching it.
Then anything can be deemed support in one way or the other.

Rachii is an MR tank with some on-demand AoE attached, so she'd be MR tank, DPS/AoE tank as designations (unless SAWed)
A fine little unit until people hit fairly high power levels.

Last edited:

Karsuman

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Quite interesting I had no idea Sarah and Sophie were that high, also found your list of platinum units really helpful so thanks to you and everyone involved (must be hard to keep it updated). Have you thought of doing a similar one for black units? I know most blacks are op but it'd be great to know their pros and cons.
I mention Sarah, because as itamaru(tried) to show, she becomes obscenely good when no one else can possibly tank an enemy.

Olivia can also do this to a degree but suffers from bad HP, which gives her a hard time with all the ranged damage getting thrown around in majin maps.

And thanks for the compliments, just keep in mind that it's not the end all be all to everything ever so even if I hate a unit you like, you don't need to feel bad. :p

A few people have asked about black lists, but blacks are a tricky set to rate cause most of them are frankly really good. Draa had a list, though units were not rated on the same principles I use(I account for strength and usability in all levels of content, Draa goes more for contrasting the strongest examples of an archetype versus the weakest).

I'll think about it, I guess. In the mean time, Aisha, B Iris and Cornelia op.

I agree with most u say but what bothers me in particular is the cost.
Hmm, I'm not gonna say 'no' to mage armor buffs, but if you actually look up say, Jessica's DPS, she actually does more damage than most mages. Now, magic damage comes at a premium so in a vacuum Hibari will do significantly more, but in terms of how the game rates the value of magic DPS + range(234 for Jessica - almost as much as a mage) + aoe(at a premium*), they make a lot of sense.

I wouldn't mind your Erica. Sadly, we got what we got. :p

* Unless you're Kayou, because lol game balance.

If we could quit propping Hibari up as Jesus the Second for three seconds, because I know everyone here loves to do that, there are other very usable samurai. Shizuka and Kojuurou are quite capable.

But yes, there are still a lot of really bad samurai out there.
Koujorou is a decent samurai masquerading as a heavy armor. His damage potential is limited to goblin and wolf slaying due to low physical damage, however. Hibari is way better.

Shizuka becomes a duelist with SAW, meaning she cannot sufficiently play the role of a mage armor or a heavy armor. Her stats out of SAW are not as good for playing this role as Hibari.

Then why, as another tank class, do you feel that mage armors don't deserve the same? The latter statement in particular applies to them just as much as it does to heavies.
This comes down to whether a unit is designed to be simply a blocker, or a tank, as Exk described above. I'll give an example of my thought process though.

A blocker like Jessica is not designed as a main tank. She stops mid-tier enemies and kills them with her skill, or sits behind the main tank to provide supplemental damage while blocking escapees. To this end, Jessica works perfectly. In my opinion, she is the best designed mage armor mechanically and has the hallmarks of the class down pat. No, she's not crazy op, but she is damn good at this job and even if you aren't using her as a main tank, you can use her as effective supplemental ranged damage.

A tank like Gellius is designed to absorb damage. This is all he does. If there's a massive legion of enemies, they will just walks right by him if there isn't additional damage to help you.

In a standard stage, and even most difficult stages, Jessica is more cost effective than Gellius a vast majority of the time since she is a mage(see above - she does more damage than most mages) + blocker in one. No, she can't tank golems or bully demon lords in majin maps, but this was not the intent of her design - many HA can't do these things either. Gellius's level of tanking is simply not necessary for most scenarios.

This is my fundamental line of reasoning, and this is why I don't really mind Erika being as she is. No, she's not the end all be all to all event units, but the job she's made for(subjugation/afk) she does adequately.

For the record, like I said to Tieskey, I don't mind if they buff mage armors. But doing that to heavies didn't make them get suddenly used in majin maps either. I don't need them to suddenly make Jessica used in every majin because that is not my expectation of her. I want her to chump block and blow up and set fire to those goblin turds walking by my Gellius. That's all.

If you want mage armors that get used in Majin, Palfy's 60s defensive skill still and solid defensive specs makes her the most relevant plat and lower samurai, heavy armor or mage armor in majin. And Grace is popular for her MR buff and chumping enemy waves.

A good samurai will outperform them at these roles now unless the enemies in question simply take no physical damage. But a good samurai may also have better defense which means it's really just a matter of how long the surrounding ranged units take to kill whatever they're tanking.
Samurai defensive stats are pretty similar to mage armors - actually, on average, a bit lower, especially if you count MR. Most Samurai also don't have defense multipliers. Shizuka turns into a duelist with her skill and has a massive disparity in downtime versus uptime in compensation for the stat increase, and Koujorou's damage is far from good. So what do we have left...

Akane - speed increase, evasion, awful uptime.
Sakuya - multi-target 3 in an area, decent damage/good uptime, 1 block, no defense multi.
Momiji - huge damage increase, no defense multiplier, awful uptime + paralyze. 1 block.
Chizuru - anti-ranged tech/support ability, 1 block, awful defense.

I mean, Sakuya does more damage than a mage armor, I guess? But many are very weak to moderate defense stats, and we aren't exactly talking about the bastion of amazing defense/attack/tanking combos here.

Really, it's just Hibari for the multi-block/tank/dps combo.

Anya is below everyone in that list.

Kayou is an incredible unit, and probably the best magic DPS unit in the game as of the current meta, but is not a tank.

Calling armors for support is stretching it.
You're probably thinking of support more in the way one would say 'utility', right?

Support = melee support, has ranged capabilities from a melee slot + the function of their abilities encourages that usage. Or at least that's the way we use the terminology on the ULMF discord.

I wouldn't consider Deine or Palfy melee support per se cause you'd use their skills defensively, though I suppose you could if you REALLY wanted to. Melee supports seek to exert their influence at a distance. Units like war priests would also be considered supports. It's not a precise definition or anything, there are levels and degrees of it, but it's such a common mechanic now that we needed a proper term for it, and that's the one we went with.

My only real critique of his list that I can think of offhand is that Sakuya is definitely a support, too.

Last edited:

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

News for Upcoming Maintenance:
-Story and Daily Mission Drop 1.5x.
-AW Orb Drop 2x.
-Rarity Silver Female 3x EXP and Male 1.5x EXP (Until Nov 24th).
-Revival Subjugation Mission "Rural Great Decisive Battle" (田園の大決戦) Begins (Until Dec 15th).
+Cleared Condition Won't Be Carried Over.
+Renewed Rewards: 3 Small Spirit of Blessing 'Freude' (フロイデ) Added.
-Master Assassin (Rogue) Second Awakening Implemented:
1) Night Assassin (ナイトアサシン)
2) Enforcer (エンフォーサー)

Small Spirit of Blessing Freude (Joy) is the Plat EXP fairy. Giving three copies of her is actually pretty nice, though by the looks of things, they might skip awarding Happy or Joy for this Anniversary in late November.

Please Don't Make Lapis a Premium Character:

Last edited:

iYuzuru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Rogues first huh, orz

Dear Devs, please deliver Monks 2nd AW soon

khawk016

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i was hoping for soldiers or witchs next but a monk aw would be nice peach has served me quite well lately

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The only Rogue I AW is Plat Rogue with Silver Unit drop~
Dun care with the other , dun really need Gold Get / Aff item drop

Waiting for Witch / Soldier
Will the route make Jerome even better??
Or....
Whelp.......

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hmm, I'm not gonna say 'no' to mage armor buffs, but if you actually look up say, Jessica's DPS, she actually does more damage than most mages. Now, magic damage comes at a premium so in a vacuum Hibari will do significantly more, but in terms of how the game rates the value of magic DPS + range(234 for Jessica - almost as much as a mage) + aoe(at a premium*), they make a lot of sense.

I wouldn't mind your Erica. Sadly, we got what we got. :p

* Unless you're Kayou, because lol game balance.

For the record, like I said to Tieskey, I don't mind if they buff mage armors. But doing that to heavies didn't make them get suddenly used in majin maps either. I don't need them to suddenly make Jessica used in every majin because that is not my expectation of her. I want her to chump block and blow up and set fire to those goblin turds walking by my Gellius. That's all.

If you want mage armors that get used in Majin, Palfy's 60s defensive skill still and solid defensive specs makes her the most relevant plat and lower samurai, heavy armor or mage armor in majin. And Grace is popular for her MR buff and chumping enemy waves.
So.. is all Jessica's fault!! Burn her, now!!

Jokes aside, I really think we could cut off 3 or even more cost for most MA. As a support type unit I would't expect nor want them to have a primary role on Majin maps. Buffing their stats would make them weird but lowering the cost adds a lot of "tactical value" for non-majin maps, making the class more appealing.

Edit: or maybe keep the current costs but go the Armor Priest way. Let MA use fireballs as normal atk (with half or less range) when not blocking. Skills would remain the same forcing fireballs and giving extra dmg and range.

News for Upcoming Maintenance:
-Story and Daily Mission Drop 1.5x.
-AW Orb Drop 2x.
-Rarity Silver Female 3x EXP and Male 1.5x EXP (Until Nov 24th).
-Revival Subjugation Mission "Rural Great Decisive Battle" (田園の大決戦) Begins (Until Dec 15th).
+Cleared Condition Won't Be Carried Over.
+Renewed Rewards: 3 Small Spirit of Blessing 'Freude' (フロイデ) Added.
-Master Assassin (Rogue) Second Awakening Implemented:
1) Night Assassin (ナイトアサシン)
2) Enforcer (エンフォーサー)
Wow, I wasn't expecting rogues so soon. Now I can 2nd aw Berna-chan and sell the copy for extra onyxes.

Guess I'll burn 50 crystals on dailies and then throw away my AV and roll 100 crystals. At this point my team needs some broken black to move forward, event units give me very little improvement (except the new classes like the sniper girl or once-per-year units like Hibari).

Last edited:

Bandit King Conrad

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Why is no one talking about the limitless potential of bandits' second awakening? What DOESN'T sound amazing about having Conrad at level 99?
Bandit 2nd AW can't come soon enough.