Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

Here lies the memories of 20 SC
sorry Ameri, I have failed you again.

Lucifina

Sex Demon
Reputation score

*stares at the freshly rolled gold enchanter*
Someones gonna be happy with their AW2 fairy.

Zero Zet

Cthulhu
Reputation score

What, another Goddess in relation to enemies? I more and more convinced that one of the next sets of story maps will be a Tenkai / Heaven.
But NTR-loving Emperor goes first :D After all Prince needs his AW2 title ;)

khawk016

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What, another Goddess in relation to enemies? I more and more convinced that one of the next sets of story maps will be a Tenkai / Heaven.
inb4 you have to kill a god to get aw2 prince

Daverost

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Erica (エーリカ):
Jack o' Lantern Wand (ジャックランタンの杖): (15s; attack 1.7x; skill automatic; ranged [] magical attack; AS: ; WT: 15; CT: 30)
Called it. 30 seconds, shortest CT of any unit in the class, but not good enough to justify auto-use with a 15 second duration. Garbage. Into the trash it goes.

Lucia (ルチア):
Healing Spot (ヒーリングスポット): (00s; attack 1.4x; block: 0; focus healing; unlimited duration; AS: ; WT: ; CT: 30)
This, though. This is a huge and very important deal.

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Erica AW90 Stats:
HP3143
AT547
DF547
MR15

Aside from having similar defence to my AW73 Jessica, Erica seems to have pretty good base stats.
Bleh... really disappointing, she is not a great upgrade from Raichi, only 150 atk... even after the 10% self buff (for which we pay increased unit cost) it doesn't make up for an uncontrollable skill... I was expecting at least 600 base atk & def so with self + prince's buff she would reach 750+

For me, "Auto skills are good for afk runs, like subjugations" is only as correct as "Auto skills screw my afk run, they activate at the worst times and I have to pay attention to deploy her so the AW skill is not wasted".

Last edited:

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Poor Emperor
Or he might actually enjoy it~

Or maybe some powerplot to reveal Emperor is actually a girl , pffttt.... >.>

Tenkai , why not? In B4 Laharl invaded Heaven~

inb4 you have to kill a god to get aw2 prince
So what?
Just kill it~ Some God are jerk anyway~
Atleast on Disgaea DAT is

We have Majin - Angel - Human - Oni - Valkyrie - God(?) - Dwarf
Hope we get a Prinny dood!!!!!
Or maybe some OverLord(?)

Whelp... whatever , ignore this... hahaha!!!

soranokira

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Bleh... really disappointing, she is not a great upgrade from Raichi, only 150 atk... even after the 10% self buff (for which we pay increased unit cost) it doesn't make up for an uncontrollable skill... I was expecting at least 600 base atk & def so with self + prince's buff she would reach 750+

"Auto skills are good for afk runs, like subjugations" is only as correct as "Auto skills screw my afk run, they activate at the worst times and I have to pay attention to deploy her so the AW skill is not wasted".
you guys are weird. first daverost conveniently and completely forgets about Jessica (and i supposed my points were completely ignored, oh well), then you complain about her stats when she DOES have the black tier stats you mentioned in an earlier post (607 def grace, 547+54 = 601 def Erica along with highest base attack power among all mage armors). Your expectation of 600 base atk/def is way beyond black stat. (Even Petite says she has pretty good base stats)

Though I do feel that +10% is low. Would've been better if it was +15%. That said, with prince deployed, Erica actually has 601 x 1.2 x 1.7 =1,226 attack during normal skill which is fairly decent for a plat event unit. [for comparison, grace has 1,623 atk (SAW), Raichi has 846 atk (normal skill) and Jessica has 981 with large range(SAW)]

If you really think auto skills screw your afk run, then I have no argument since we're completely off-tangent on that point. I'll wait until players realize how good auto-skill units can be as more of them are introduced and people actually get to using them for afk runs.

Karsuman

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Called it. 30 seconds, shortest CT of any unit in the class, but not good enough to justify auto-use with a 15 second duration. Garbage. Into the trash it goes.
"Yay, this character is worse than she could be, so I'm totally right about her sucking."

That's really what you sound like right now. And she doesn't suck.

Healing Spot (ヒーリングスポット): (00s; attack 1.4x; block: 0; focus healing; unlimited duration; AS: ; WT: ; CT: 30)
Can agree this is important. Reduces stress for players that don't have Rinne in tough maps. Also useful for afk's and subjugations. It seems like they are emphasizing this lately

For me, "Auto skills are good for afk runs, like subjugations" is only as correct as "Auto skills screw my afk run, they activate at the worst times and I have to pay attention to deploy her so the AW skill is not wasted".
User error has nothing to do with the quality of a unit. Just sayin'...

nissebrygger

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Not really commenting on anyone, but general 2 cents.

Skill control is important and a part of aigis, auto skill can with reason be seen as a unwanted complication to a unit as it removes the direct control beyond the first initiation of it (by initial placement).

Autoskills that do things like aoe, change block values or targeting would in many situations be entirely disqualifying and even if not doing these things, based on preference or playstyle could still disqualify the unit in local (individual player) terms (if a very high value was attributed by the player to control).

Having the choice between a (reasonable comparable) unit with controlled skill and one without, it would be unwise to give the nod to the uncontrolled one, unless the map was in any case in the bag (in which case, it is all totally irrelevant in the first place).

Thus having a choice would put her in the garbage bin more often than not, having few or none would put her in the use until replaced category.

Doesnt make her garbage, but then, there is a mega ton of units in the garbage bin that have an equal or better claim to be used, but couldnt find a spot on a team.

Limited team sizes = big bin = Mean world.

Perpetual

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Not really commenting on anyone, but general 2 cents.

Skill control is important and a part of aigis, auto skill can with reason be seen as a unwanted complication to a unit as it removes the direct control beyond the first initiation of it (by initial placement).

Autoskills that do things like aoe, change block values or targeting would in many situations be entirely disqualifying and even if not doing these things, based on preference or playstyle could still disqualify the unit in local (individual player) terms (if a very high value was attributed by the player to control).

Having the choice between a (reasonable comparable) unit with controlled skill and one without, it would be unwise to give the nod to the uncontrolled one, unless the map was in any case in the bag (in which case, it is all totally irrelevant in the first place).

Thus having a choice would put her in the garbage bin more often than not, having few or none would put her in the use until replaced category.

Doesnt make her garbage, but then, there is a mega ton of units in the garbage bin that have an equal or better claim to be used, but couldnt find a spot on a team.

Limited team sizes = big bin = Mean world.
One's garbage is another treasure.
I personally don't care about erica but if you want to use her you can find plenty ways to do so with her stats and cd.

People tend to discard anything that doesn't fit with "conventional" strategies. But you can make crazy strats work and actually be more efficient and less stressful than conventional ones.

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

User error has nothing to do with the quality of a unit. Just sayin'...
Unneeded personal attributions...
And what have an auto skill to do with player ability??? it IS automatic XD

@no-one-in-particular
Being op enough to don't care if the skill triggers just after the fliers wave reaches the base or the fire ants hit your other units doesn't make her good either.

@sora
U are right she is near Grace, but with the lower skill multiplier I was expecting the same base stats.

I don't think she is a bad unit, just not good enough to won a spot on my teams for 99% of the maps...

Last edited:

Karsuman

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

And what have an auto skill to do with player ability??? it IS automatic XD
The inability to judge whether or not a unit is sufficient for a task is on the player's side, not the unit's. This is the kind of mistake everyone makes at one time or another. There was no personal attack there, snarky end bit aside.

It is as I say. From someone with a good amount of experience with auto-skill units, There's degree of expectation you form. If you're not convinced xyz unit can handle the situation, it's best to prepare for that scenario, nine times out of ten. The same holds true for the game's many RNG units, except it's arguably worse for them since a 99% chance to succeed is still a 1% chance of failure. Repeating the same action with an auto-skill unit every time will always end with the same result.

Being op enough to don't care if the skill triggers just after the fliers wave reaches the base or the fire ants hit your other units doesn't make her good either.
Bad example. Also, who is making personal attacks again? :p

But seriously, as someone who has experience with a very large number of unit types, the reason I defend her is cause I find that player reactions to auto-skills are generally unfounded and derive from a lack of experience with them(or people have weird perceptions on what a mage armor should be doing, one or the other). It's not like I'm claiming she's top tier, here.

Anyway, I'm tired of this subject so here's my final statement on it: Erica is a unit clearly designed for when you have knowledge of a stage. Her best use is enabling afk's and simplifying subjugation missions - she is an acceptable but not ideal blind clear unit. As such, using her as a reactionary measure is very poor planning and is contrary to her intended use. Do not try to put the square block into the round hole.

(also, please do not use a mage armor to try and kill flyers, their range is low and they prioritize ground)

WiliamZero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Erica is quite good as a unit, the problem for most player is her auto skill. But if you can time her correctly She's really good one.

Some might not agree but it's people's right

khawk016

Tentacle God
Reputation score

that last map was rough it made me stop slacking and go get my aw prince finally

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

that last map was rough it made me stop slacking and go get my aw prince finally
You can still brute force it.....
But yeah , not everyone can

I could also cleared it with My clone who do not have AW Prince
Not 3* though~

khawk016

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You can still brute force it.....
But yeah , not everyone can

I could also cleared it with My clone who do not have AW Prince
Not 3* though~
my aw skill hina and miruno cleaned most things up pretty quickly but leaks prior to there placements lost me 3 stars so i only needed aw prince for 3rd star technically but i will likely need em in the future anyway so it was worth it

Last edited:

Larcx

Tentacle God
Reputation score

my aw skill hina and miruno cleaned most things up pretty quickly but leaks prior to there placements lost me 3 stars so i only needed aw prince for 3rd star technically but i will likely need em in the future anyway so it was worth it
AW Prince is always good investment and all
Just saying that You don't really need him to clear the map
What's important is to have melee range and melee healer

But yeah , maybe it's also time for Me to move My lazy ass to get AW Prince on clone.....

crow_mw

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

also, once again, auto/perm skill units are great for afk runs (like subjugations that you generally don't want to be sitting in front of the computer/phone and going through the entire 10min of choosing units to use skills just to get your 500 kills. Just because you haven't reached the point where you can't do afk runs doesnt mean a unit is shit.)
I agree with this. Charlotte is great for AFK runs and auto-skill mage armor will be of great use for me. Would certainly have used her in previous subjugation for example.

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The inability to judge whether or not a unit is sufficient for a task is on the player's side, not the unit's. This is the kind of mistake everyone makes at one time or another. There was no personal attack there, snarky end bit aside.

It is as I say. From someone with a good amount of experience with auto-skill units, There's degree of expectation you form. If you're not convinced xyz unit can handle the situation, it's best to prepare for that scenario, nine times out of ten. The same holds true for the game's many RNG units, except it's arguably worse for them since a 99% chance to succeed is still a 1% chance of failure. Repeating the same action with an auto-skill unit every time will always end with the same result.

Bad example. Also, who is making personal attacks again? :p

But seriously, as someone who has experience with a very large number of unit types, the reason I defend her is cause I find that player reactions to auto-skills are generally unfounded and derive from a lack of experience with them(or people have weird perceptions on what a mage armor should be doing, one or the other). It's not like I'm claiming she's top tier, here.

Anyway, I'm tired of this subject so here's my final statement on it: Erica is a unit clearly designed for when you have knowledge of a stage. Her best use is enabling afk's and simplifying subjugation missions - she is an acceptable but not ideal blind clear unit. As such, using her as a reactionary measure is very poor planning and is contrary to her intended use. Do not try to put the square block into the round hole.

(also, please do not use a mage armor to try and kill flyers, their range is low and they prioritize ground)
For the record, my Charlotte IS skill AW! (while my Hores, which is actually a better unit 90% of the time is still at cc20)

I meant no personal attack with the op part, that's true for a lot of players here. Once u reach a certain "lvl of opness", u can start filling your team with not optimal units and win anyway XD

It's not about being able to judge if the unit is sufficient for the task or not, u can always try and see what happens. The point is her niche is extremely narrow and even in that situations success is not guaranteed.
That's disappointing for me.

(The examples used, fliers and fire ants, were those because for most other enemy types, a samurai could do equal or better.)