What's new

Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

I couldn't really justify class changing him earlier (aside from needing another silver HA) because that 24 cost will hurt me a lot more if I didn't get Katie CC'd first. Some of my decisions are based on cost sometimes. I really do like Jelius and want to use him more, but I try to think about how to go through some maps efficiently. Are there heavy armored enemies? If yes, then Jelius will be important to use and will replace a soldier. If not, then I might use Momiji in place because weaker soldiers and goblins are taken out faster.

As for monks, I did have Xena when I was starting out. But as soon as I got into the maps where heavy armors were rampant, I stopped using her. She was used around the time I never thought of using soldiers or valks properly. She has fallen out of favor, but I still think about raising her again after I get my team balanced out with good CC'd units.

edit:
The maps I struggled with are the first and fourth desert maps. After I cleared those two once, I stopped going there because it was difficult keeping my units alive. Some of the things I tried were placing 1 Soldier + 1 Archer/Witch or 2 Soldier and I failed miserably multiple times until I got lucky.

There are some earlier maps that required 2 soldiers, but I will have to take a look through some videos so I can remember

I used to have problems with this map long ago because I had 2 weak soldiers (not even touching level 30). I eventually got through it after I got a CC'd witch, but that black heavy armor gave me problems frequently.

Last edited:

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I couldn't really justify class changing him earlier (aside from needing another silver HA) because that 24 cost will hurt me a lot more if I didn't get Katie CC'd first. Some of my decisions are based on cost sometimes. I really do like Jelius and want to use him more, but I try to think about how to go through some maps efficiently. Are there heavy armored enemies? If yes, then Jelius will be important to use and will replace a soldier. If not, then I might use Momiji in place because weaker soldiers and goblins are taken out faster.

As for monks, I did have Xena when I was starting out. But as soon as I got into the maps where heavy armors were rampant, I stopped using her. She was used around the time I never thought of using soldiers or valks properly. She has fallen out of favor, but I still think about raising her again after I get my team balanced out with good CC'd units.

edit:
The maps I struggled with are the first and fourth desert maps. After I cleared those two once, I stopped going there because it was difficult keeping my units alive. Some of the things I tried were placing 1 Soldier + 1 Archer/Witch or 2 Soldier and I failed miserably multiple times until I got lucky.

There are some earlier maps that required 2 soldiers, but I will have to take a look through some videos so I can remember
This is a game so play it the way you will enjoy it most.

That being said, its a better strategy to prioritize long term investments when you are still setting your base team. While for your current objectives I would recommend leveling Xena ( monks are overall the best melee unit type ) you would benefit the most by getting a strong HA and 50cc at least 1 archer, witch and healer.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

First desert map:

Fourth desert map:

He uses mostly silver only strategies but you can see he has extra sortie, you could easily use gold or plat units over some of those used in the videos. Momiji or a HA would have fit where he used the 2nd soldier in the 2nd video. Having stronger ranged units makes everything a hell of a lot easier as well. Although your units may be to weak for some of his strategies, the point is 2 CC'd soldiers are rarely needed. It would be better if you fixed the weaknesses on your team first.

Prince level does matter a lot and the 4th desert level is actually made for high level players, so I can understand why you have difficulty with it if you're under 100 or so.

This is a game so play it the way you will enjoy it most.

That being said, its a better strategy to prioritize long term investments when you are still setting your base team. While for your current objectives I would recommend leveling Xena ( monks are overall the best melee unit type ) you would benefit the most by getting a strong HA and 50cc at least 1 archer, witch and healer.
Well he did ask for advice :p Of course if you want to CC units based on who you like rather than who you need, go for it, but I won't suggest it lol. I'm like 90-95% function over form in this game. I agree on Monks, they are freaking amazing, one of my favorite unit types. High attack and hp for their cost, low defense but their dodge makes up for it and can reduce the strain on your healers + 2 block. They really have no weakness for their cost. Hopefully they make silver Monks soon.

Last edited:

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Alright, thanks for the advice. I'll be getting Jelius class changed soon and then start working on a CC'd mage because the extra range will help me. For now, I'll still get my second soldier to 50 just for the stats. From there on after my first CC'd mage, it's either another mage, witch, or another healer to work on.

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score

is there any sort of friend invitation bonus for this game? I might play it from time to time

arisato minato

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Alright, thanks for the advice. I'll be getting Jelius class changed soon and then start working on a CC'd mage because the extra range will help me. For now, I'll still get my second soldier to 50 just for the stats. From there on after my first CC'd mage, it's either another mage, witch, or another healer to work on.
Trust me. You would need at last two strong HAs. I never leave home without at least two strong HA ( Rean 50cc50 max affection, max cost down) and Bernice ( 50cc60 max affection -2 cost 3/5 skill). Those two HA and at least three healer is the only thing that can tank a lot of nasty think in later event map like high demon, white balphomet, red/black oni.

Julius is even better, he has good base stats, a lot of room for improvement since he is a plat unit and good skill, so event if you do not have 100% affection for him, Julius can still get the job done. And do not worry about 24 cost, the time you need to put down your HA to tank, you do not have to worry about reinforcement cost anymore.

The only two soldier i used is 50cc60 Katie and 50cc40 Aria. With healer and arhcer support they can hold the line just fine untill i have better unit to replace them. The only map right now that i need more than 2 soliders is like Fruit said, the high tier Fairy Daily.

Last edited:

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The lack of powerful enemies like you mentioned is probably why I am not utilizing my HAs as much as others suggest. As it is now, I know I can't complete high-tier maps and I'm not using my stamina on those maps. Doing only mid-tier maps had made me think I can get away with using a samurai or princess most of the time. Maybe once I get my team to CC40+, I might try higher-tier maps.

SteveJ018

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How does AW work? My Katie (the gold-tier tutorial girl?) suddenly has her portrait highlighted in that AW menu, but what made it happen?

Also, where would I get the necessary fairy for that?

Kroset

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

How does AW work? My Katie (the gold-tier tutorial girl?) suddenly has her portrait highlighted in that AW menu, but what made it happen?

AW requirements are max level and max affection, in Katie's case that is level 60. You can get the time fairy by trading 100 red gems/magic crystals. You'll also need CC'd silver units or unCC'd gold units (not recommended) to AW.

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I have feeling that you are too hard on exkale but you all forgot one thing. His first "event" girl was Claudia (where he couldn't do much), then was Momji, next week when nothing happens except new maps, after that gold rush (with 7 gold units, one silver and no more nice units), and the last one - shadow archer Lita.

He was using Momji as a tank because he doesn't have more yet (and she was easier to exp having few of her copies....). Same with CC materials. How he could obtain them? Last few events had rarely silver units, I am also crying for that with like 4 characters waiting for CC materials. My first/second CC unit in this game was Calliope cos on one event mission I 've obtained like 8 of her copies (I think it was fallen angel event with Chloe).

Exkale is doing just fine according to situation.

About 30CC valkyrie. For me they always were weak and dying so fast. Then I saw with my eyes how Crow is using high level CC Misha. She was true killer.
I started to lvl her and noticed her improvement around 50CC30

Last edited:

crow_mw

Reputation score

What Kroset said + she get's highlighted as soon as you CC her, but that doesn't mean you can AW before meeting above mentioned requirements.

arisato minato

Reputation score

Finish 10k kills yesterday and got 1 gold ( Betty) and 1 Silver ( Kagero) out of 15 draws.

crow_mw

Reputation score

Today I did 100/2 using Dragonpaladin strategy. I have level 70 Shidis and level 42 Claudia, both with max affection. Unfortunately that wasn't enough for initial deployment strategy, and Claudia died rather fast (before I was even able to deploy second healer).

Fortunately by the time she died black goblin archer was gone as well. I have replaced her with prince and managed to get two stars from here. Obviously this depends on your team composition, but while there are few pitfalls, the map is not that tough after initial lich interception. As Dragonpaladin mentioned earlier - just intercept all black goblin archers, those little bastards are the real damage dealers here. Also, if you aim for three stars, do not loose track of hp of your units near the exit.

I have also used Miko instead of pirate and while likely I would have managed without her, this is a good map/strategy to showcase how helpful Mikos are.

Perhaps I could level Claudia some more and aim for three star, but I am satisfied with my completion reward.

Edit: Out of new gatcha: 5 rolls, 1 silver.

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Unfortunately that wasn't enough for initial deployment strategy, and Claudia died rather fast (before I was even able to deploy second healer).
It's the black goblin's fault, princess are notorious for having low defense (without Prince deployed). The deployment of the 2nd healer on time is the make or break of the strategy.

Though I would say the strategy is far from stable due to all the intercepts and randomness

SP Rolls, 5 rolls 0 > silver. My luck is going strong~

Kroset

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Alright, so I managed to lower Carrie and Iris' cost by 1 (16 and 17 now), and Arisa by 2 (15). Tried it again and got 2 stars (missed 1 kill) - I think Carrie's attack speed made her take longer to kill the archer and she caught the lich, letting the black goblins just walk through. Darn it, why do these goblins run so fast. :x

I think I'm going to try for 3 stars with the opening in this strategy though.

IdontRuin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I decided to throw the dragon event and focus on the other one..
..and I'm glad I did.

It would have taken ~10(cause I can't do the higher maps) Sacred Crystals to get Echidna, and it wouldn't have given me any chance to farm for lvling units and stuff (and I'm still BADLY in need of lvling most of my units..) and I would have ended up with Echidna + some food silver dragons probably.

Instead I decided to burn those Sacred Crystals (well actually less (7 so far)) on the Archer event maps -> ended up with 1x Valerie, 3x Alisa, 1x Berserker, 7x Rita (fed a few to various units -> ended up CC'ing a Methis).

.. and now for the newbie question : was this worth it (giving up on Echidna for a few silver healer copies and Rita (mostly as food and keeping a few copies cause I like her design and skill)) and should I burn a few more Sacred Crystals on this ?

arisato minato

Reputation score

I decided to throw the dragon event and focus on the other one..
..and I'm glad I did.

It would have taken ~10(cause I can't do the higher maps) Sacred Crystals to get Echidna, and it wouldn't have given me any chance to farm for lvling units and stuff (and I'm still BADLY in need of lvling most of my units..) and I would have ended up with Echidna + some food silver dragons probably.

Instead I decided to burn those Sacred Crystals (well actually less (7 so far)) on the Archer event maps -> ended up with 1x Valerie, 3x Alisa, 1x Berserker, 7x Rita (fed a few to various units -> ended up CC'ing a Methis).

.. and now for the newbie question : was this worth it (giving up on Echidna for a few silver healer copies and Rita (mostly as food and keeping a few copies cause I like her design and skill)) and should I burn a few more Sacred Crystals on this ?
A big NO.

Totally not worth it to burn crystal on Rita event if you are a newbie, even me who could say that i am no longer a newbie find it a waste to burn crystal on Rita event map, especially if you cannot do high tier map.

First of all, you can get enough of silver unit from story map completion reward to CC all of your silver/gold unit you would need to get a decent team quicker and cheaper than getting silver unit from event map.

Secondly, Rita is a subpar unit. Assume that all the information about her post-AW is correct, she still not a good unit to farm, especially if you are a newbie. Rita base stats is the worst, her cost is the high ( 15 cost at base compare to Spica is 11 who also a plat archer), her redeem quality come post-AW which is why it is not suitale for newbie player. CC and AW a plat unit is expensive, you can you that much of silver unit and gold to cc other better unit, not mention the amount of plat fairies.

Finally, with that much of sacred crystal, you could use it for better purpose like rank up your Prince or farming Rural Gate/Road to Capital/Oasis to get gold and unit for exp.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nothing: 5/21
Plat Fairy: 8/21
Silver Rogue: 4/21
Silver Ninja: 2/21
Rita: 7/21

Blargh. And it's almost my birthday. Well the next event will be during my birthday, so let's hope that's nicer to me with the event girl x.x Maybe she'll be Halloween themed *Drools* An actual monster girl... oh man. Aegis pls. Undead girls are practically in the lore already, just sayin' I know Aegis will probably never make a girl too monstery, but I can dream. Everybody wants their cute waifu units, I don't actually remember seeing a DMM game with true monster girls, kind of surprises me. I didn't know it was such a niche thing.

It would have taken ~10(cause I can't do the higher maps) Sacred Crystals to get Echidna

was this worth it (giving up on Echidna for a few silver healer copies and Rita (mostly as food and keeping a few copies cause I like her design and skill)) and should I burn a few more Sacred Crystals on this ?
Echidna is good but without cost reduction, she's extremely unwieldy to rely on as a healer, I don't think you messed up. She used to be marvelous but since AW patch she's pretty mediocre now. Tough sacrifice to make but it'll probably pay off. I'd say what you mostly missed out on was the silver dragons but if you couldn't farm the final map anyways, their drop rate is pretty poor. No worries here, as long as you can get or already have 2-3 CC'd healers soon.

Only problem is you may have wanted to wait and use your crystals on better maps. Farm events sometimes drop plat armors along with the farm event girl and silver units, that would have been MUCH better than farming the current archer event maps. They give about twice the exp of a plat unit, 8k exp with 3 fairies is so nice. You probably would have had to wait a month or so for the next farm event though, so if you really needed exp now, it's still somewhat acceptable.

I do still stand by you should almost never farm a farm event map that isn't the final map though as there's usually a better way to use your crystals, but at least in this case it probably won't hurt you too much. You actually got pretty lucky with drops. There are much worse ways to waste your crystals...

Last edited:

IdontRuin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I do still stand by you should almost never farm a farm event map that isn't the final map though as there's usually a better way to use your crystals, but at least in this case it probably won't hurt you too much. You actually got pretty lucky with drops. There are much worse ways to waste your crystals
Premium gacha, cough cough
..did a Premium gacha roll when I started playing this -> instant regret.
Well I was hoping to get Alisa, Nenya and possibly Mayfly.. but yeah after my struggles with the 40/5(still not 3☆'d) map I didn't even try the last one..
..got lucky with Alisa but Nenya is just avoiding me.

thy, guess I'll just try to be more patient.

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Finally silver from SP gacha! I've got new vampire hunter (I prefer silver food, but she is nice too ^^). I also got Alissa from 30/3 map so one more and I can switch to 7 stamina map (didn't try it yet...)
I am glad I don't like Lita, and having only 2 copies of her doesn't make me nervous .