What's new

Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

cloudsora

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

@Moonchaos - do not worry too much about those units. They will make good food once you start leveling their copies properly. Sooner or later you will get new copies of the gold units you have CCed early. I think Imeria is the only one which is lost, but hey, one day her revival will come as well.

Also - agreeing with Petite, that low skill level for Memento isn't that much of a problem. Moreover you can always feed her with rainbow fairies later on, when you will start stockpiling them.

@cloudsora - Yes, cost reduction carries over all transformations. Cost reduction can always be performed whenever possible, without risk of screwing anything up (well, other than the fact that it usually comes with skill increase as well, which don't always carry through first CC. However, so far no unit changes her skill during AW).

@Elsa - She has slightly lower base stats than Belinda (40 less attack at lvl 70), but she has a damage increasing cooldown. She can be the strongest damage dealer aginst high armor for players without premium witches, with an added bonus from being occasionally even more awesome on snow maps (don't think that will play role often). Maybe Memento is in competition for that spot, but I don't know what her ASPD is yet.

@All

I have recently run some simulations to compare DPS of ranged units, so while this might seem quite obvious, here is food for thought.

1)Spica is still awesome, best non-premium ranged unit in game. Her higher attack speed contributes a lot to this.
2)Archers in general are the most versatile ranged damage dealers. With increased level cap from AW (and other goodies) they can now generally outperform witches against medium armor enemy (200-300, red armors, red Onis, Fat mummies, black armor, etc.)
3)Pirates, as it is known, suck. Against low def enemies they have too low attack speed, against medium armor(~200) they are still outperformed by strong archers, against extremely high armor they are still inferior to witches. They are only useful during skill activation.
4) Vampire hunters are surprisingly strong (though they are late bloomers). In 0-100 def range, which covers most trash mobs, Fran can easily outperform Spica. However, once they start attacking something with def higher than their attack, they become almost useless.
5) Tactician Ren doesn't have terrible damage, once her level is high enough. Against 0 def enemies she is on par with Spica, and against 50 def deosn't fall too far behind. She has archer-tier attack speed, giving her good granularity. Again however, once the enemy has more def than her attack, she becomes terrible.
6) Witches do generally bad damage to anything except high armor targets. Once however we get to 300+ def range, nothing comes close and even silver witches outdps platinums.
7) Platinum mikos do worse dps than gold witches but better than silver ones. They obviously don't come with a DPS cooldown.
8) However, with her AW attack boost Shiho gets on par with platinum witches.
9) Against single target, mages do DPS slightly inferior to one-tier lower witch. It only takes two targets per shot, to make AoE outperform anything else on high def enemies. It takes three low-def enemies per hit for mage to start outperforming archers.
10) Janna does similar single-target DPS as pirate, which as we know is bad. Against two targets, she still has slightly worse DPS than an archer. It takes 200+ def for mage to start outperforming Janna.
Thanks and thanks for the info dump.
I have to say I never thought pirates would be better dps wise compared to witches or archers but that's not their niche which is obvious because they are aimed at being super long range, which at times has saved me where the other two would have easily failed.
EDIT: Any idea where Ninja's are on this ranking?

Last edited:

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks and thanks for the info dump.
I have to say I never thought pirates would be better dps wise compared to witches or archers but that's not their niche which is obvious because they are aimed at being super long range, which at times has saved me where the other two would have easily failed.
Theoretical dps information doesn't take into consideration the quirks and inefficient behaviours of a lot of these units.

First of all, all units have a down time and a charge time when they attack. During their charge time, they will pick a target, and then do their attack animation. Once finished, they will go through their down time before charging for their next attack.

Archers are notorious for having a down time that is slightly shorter than the time it takes for their arrows to reach an opponent. So, if someone strong like Nanaly fires at a goblin that is going to die from that arrow, she's highly likely to fire yet another arrow at the same goblin. This is even worse when she's using her quad shot.

Then there's the situations where a unit picks a target, and then cancels their attack if the target dies before they can finish their attack animation. The class affected by this the worst are summoners. So if you have Sorano charging to unleash hell on a map, having any other support units near her like archers is likely to cause you to have a very bad day.

Because of these things, it's more important to take into consideration the positioning and synergies of your units. I haven't seen my Ninja Hina waste her shuriken, so she's a very efficient dps unit. The fact that I can place her on melee spots means she has access to a lot of ideal locations to reach enemies in certain places. Finally, her short reach means I have better control over who I want her to attack. . So I can't do a calculation between Hina and Nanaly, since even back then, the calculator didn't calculate Hina's 15% chance of dealing true damage per attack, and the new guaranteed +10% deflection chance when either Hina or Nanaly attack something with 900 defence like a grounded black dragon. However, back when I was doing the penultimate map during the Claudia event, deploying Lilia, Hina, and then Nanaly has led to the black dragon dying at least 5 seconds quicker than deploying Lilia, Nanaly, and then Hina. Part of the reason for this is because Nanaly's range causes her to become distracted, leading to her wasting time on the other enemy units that are doomed to die to my other units.

Speaking of quirks, it's been confirmed that Eliza has a shorter attack range than other witches. There's been gif comparisons between her and Calliope on Rural Gate and Oasis. Hopefully, this is a bug because that would mean an apology crystal during the next maintenance.

Last edited:

IdontRuin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Speaking of quirks, it's been confirmed that Eliza has a shorter attack range than other witches. There's been gif comparisons between her and Calliope on Rural Gate and Oasis. Hopefully, this is a bug because that would mean an apology crystal during the next maintenance.
.. gif that shows the above mentioned
(gif link taken shamelessly from the IRC channel)

Probably bug cause the numerical value displayed on her stat screen is the same as other witches and her range indicator is also the same when shes placed..

crow_mw

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Ninjas use same atk and same aspd for melee and ranged attack, correct? I think yes. So with that assumption Azami will do more than gold archer, but less than plat on 0-50 def targets (Note, that for 0 def it is roughly the same DPS as that of silver vampire hunter, which shows how strong those are against 0 def. For 50 def however silver vamp hunter already starts to drop). On 100 def she is on a level of gold archer. On 200 (note we are talking max stats here, so this is assuming we are not in deflection range yet) she is worse than gold archer, but better than silver one. That is also slightly more than a gold witch, but less than plat witch. After that point we enter a slippery slope before even reaching deflection range, when we do as bad as Ren in 300+ range.

Note ninjas are high-attack speed (almost 50% higher than archer), low attack power type of units. This means they benefit a lot from dancer flat bonuses and that it is very easy to get into deflection defense range. This also gives them nice granularity, and they will be a best unit to kill things they can 1-shot, like bats or ninja squirrels.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I CC'd Marie a while ago, couldn't even max her affection. I've never been 100% out of affection items before, dang. She's pretty fun to use still.

Man every month there are new girls I want to use more often, it's actually kind of overwhelming at this point. So many girls, so few roster slots :( I've been altering my farm team constantly just to play with all the girls I like but that aren't great for blind run team. The list is easily a dozen girls long now x.x I know I should focus on awakening my main team first but damn it's so hard with all these options.

I hope we have one of those relaxing events coming up soon where it's just like drop rate increases on daily missions. I love those.

P.S: Just got the silver gunner from my free gacha spin today, so she's already in there.

Last edited:

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I CC'd Marie a while ago, couldn't even max her affection. I've never been 100% out of affection items before, dang. She's pretty fun to use still.

Man every month there are new girls I want to use more often, it's actually kind of overwhelming at this point. So many girls, so few roster slots :( I've been altering my farm team constantly just to play with all the girls I like but that aren't great for blind run team. The list is easily a dozen girls long now x.x I know I should focus on awakening my main team first but damn it's so hard with all these options.

I hope we have one of those relaxing events coming up soon where it's just like drop rate increases on daily missions. I love those.
Yeah, I want my xmas event!!

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I remember times when I had plenty of affection items. Just after I started playing and did not know what are flowers for!

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

... Black Fairy Genocide.

I been waiting for so long <3

(Please note that Petite has mentioned it since last patch note, I just been too busy with work to keep track)

Last edited:

Kroset

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Apparently there's going to be a short maintenance today from 13:00 - 15:00 to fix the android version. A free sacred crystal will be handed.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I just do the affection item daily on natural charisma/stamina when there's a clear event and I don't need fairies since there's spare time. Still wasn't enough to keep me up, I remember not too long ago I had nearly 100-200 of every item.

Yep, dem pig tails on Karma awakening. Sadly I doubt her awakening is going to change her niche role at all, but I can dream. Because of that though, I haven't been too keen on attempting to cost reduce her more than the -3 I currently have her at. I would love if they altered the main abilities of Karma/Chloe so they're less super specialized after awakening. I miss them both x.x Chloe's awakening ability deeply saddens me, rng so hard makes it rather pointless. Let's hope Karma gets better treatment.

Closest we have to an awakening really changing the way a character works are the ones that raise and lower attack, attack speed and range like Carry, Horu and those mages/archers.

Last edited:

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Closest we have to an awakening really changing the way a character works are the ones that raise and lower attack, attack speed and range like Carry, Horu and those mages/archers.
Jerome. Uzume. Sherry. Aisha. BIris.
Enough said?

Nope~
You completely forgot Marie and Shizuka.
Sailor Elite and Shogun are AWs that completely change the way they work in game.

Everything else is more or less lackluster though.

IdontRuin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Apparently there's going to be a short maintenance today from 13:00 - 15:00 to fix the android version. A free sacred crystal will be handed.
Apparently they also fixed Elsa ^^

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I suppose getting Farune isn't so bad I wanted Seria because of the AW ability and she's pretty good looking. Im kind of mad I used all of my remaining affection items on Chizuru her massive hp with crap defense just gets blendered especially since 3 enemies can attack her at once doesn't seem that useful right now

Last edited:

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Max Fedora. As in literal Max level/affection/cost/skill.

Basically, you can get this for 16 cost. (With AW Uzume, it's 690 with Prince)

hybras

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Some questions about Mel (The new gold gunner from 2000 yen redemption)

Her AW gives her about 30-40% more attack power (Prince buffs and other AW buffs stacking together) but. She seems to attack 60-80% more slowly.

From observing and timing some of the youtube videos, she takes about 2.2-2.5 seconds to fire each shot (I count the time between each fireball explosion).

After AW, she takes about 4.0-4.5 seconds per shot.

So what are your opinions of her? Is her AW trade off worth it? I'm confused, would like some tips about her.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Those attack speed time differences are kind of severe when you're comparing something like that. Best to check a video frame by frame in like movie maker or something to get more accurate results. Her attack bonus is 1.2x by the way.

For a gunner having high attack over attack speed may be a decent trade off for better dealing with armored units. Then again attack speed is still somewhat king (Not sure if bullets can bounce off armor), it really depends on the situation. That AW bonus certainly makes her more specialized. It will probably work well with her range extension skill though.

Last edited:

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score

dam I think the only events I do good at are ones like the memento one where your guaranteed the unit at least. Though I put so much effort into I didn't even attempt the karma map on the first week now I just barely made it to the 60/3 map and wasted a fair amount of crystals raising that blue haired princesses affection. But I then wasted even more failing the map and in the end I have to use this strategy pretty much and not let anything touch the soldier since she dies so easily but is important for calling reinforcements.

I guess I can probably earn karma at least but her skill is probably only going to be lvl 1 maybe 2 so I'm a little disgruntled that I wont be able to really get her skill even lvl 3 to take advantage of the synthesis bonus.