Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

Cannon Master Attack Speed Comparison:
Mel: 112 frames
Janna: 97 frames
Zora: 82 frames

Unlike mages, gunners will never miss their target once they're locked on, so Mel isn't as negatively affected by her AW Ability as the Gold Mage Barbastraf. Mel's specialty is that she can nearly cover 80% of the map with her skill maxed out.

Range Ranking:
510 Gold Cannon Master Mel
480 Silver Captain Giovanni
476 Gold Heavy Gunner Mel
442 Gold Sniper Bella
*408 Gold Warlock Mehlis
*Not a contender. Shown due to her being Mel's rival.

You can do a dps comparison between the 3 gunners, but Zora's going to win against most opponents, even those with heavy armour because she can switch to a magical attack. However, Zora only has a range of 260, which is almost half the range of Mel's max skill.

I can safely say that a difference between 20 range is enough to make it so someone like Artemis Nanaly can reach opponents my melee fighters really needed help with that Nanaly couldn't reach before. So I don't really see any reason not to awaken Mel, since her purpose over all of the other characters in the game is that she can contribute damage from far across the map (Mehlis' 3/5 skill let me hit the vampires and fat mummies that Karma was dueling on the last Memento map).

Last edited:

Moonchaos

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I still got more questions: :)

1. If i now merge a CCed Unit with a normal copie.
Will be any stat like affection/Cost down/skill lvl carried over?
or is it just the normal way? (chance to cost reduce -1 and skill up +1)
like: "Roy Lvl 1" merged with "Roy30cc15, affection 30, Skill +2, cost -2"
(*probably only normal is my guess)

2. If i merge a copie: Eliza lvl 10 + Eliza lvl 10 (get +1 Skill, Cost -1)
and afterwards CC her at lvl 50, will the Cost reduce carried over even if the Skill changes?

3. currently i cant proceed the Story Mode cause my units have too much deployment cost (Story Map 29, 1st lich encounter) they just run me over in the 1st/2nd wave. Any good ideas? My Healer has not enough range for the tactic which is shown on wiki page

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@Moonchaos:

1) Unit Synthesis only gives EXP. Skill-up and Cost-reduction are a special case, and it doesn't matter what cost-reduction or skill level the food unit is currently at. So your food Roy with the affection, skill-up, and cost-reduction isn't any different than a food Roy without any affection, skill-up, and cost reduction.

2) The Platinum Witch Eliza doesn't change her skill after she class-changes, so all skill levels as a witch are kept. A quick rule of thumb is to check the skill's name. If it doesn't have a I, II, III, or IV in its name, then it's definitely not going to change after a class-change. However, there are a few units with a skill with I, II, III, and IV in their name that remain the same (i.e. Belinda, Betty, Azami, etc.), so it's best to check the wiki to see if the name of the skill changes.

3) You really screwed yourself over by class-changing your units at level 30. Most of the time, it isn't worth it to class-change your units unless you level them up so they reach a certain damage threshold in their new class.

In the case of "Royal Castle Recapture", you can trivialise the map with a 50CC40~ Mischa who can one-shot the blue goblins, two-shot the red-goblins, and duel the early black living armour variant. However, if you have a 30CC Unicorn Knight Mischa, then you locked yourself out from her being able to do this, and made her way less useful than a LV50 Valkyrie Mischa for that map.

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I will give you example to what Petite said about CC.

You have 2x Katie:
1st BEFORE CC and skill named "Reinforcements request II"
2nd AFTER CC and skill named "Reinforcements request III"

1. If you feed 1st to 2nd - you might get cost reduce but NOT skill up cos they have differend skills (even if girl is the same)
2. If you 30CC 1st and then feed her to 2nd - you have chance to both skill up and cost reduce.

Most of girls have same skill when being CC'd EXCEPT gold ones. Almost every gold character changes skill AFTER CC (of course there are some exceptions)

crow_mw

Reputation score

I am not quite sure that maxed out Misha would trivialize Royal Castle Recapture and it should be possible to do it without her. At the bottom of this wiki page you will find some videos, which may serve as guidelines:

Note, that the Royal Castle recapture is the culmination of story mode. You have fought many hard battles and are finally ready to reconquer your castle, from which you have fled in first missions. It is naturally more difficult than predecessors, so 'hitting a wall' here is expected.

-------

Do you guys think, plat Karma is worth farming? I understand she is unimpressive as a unit, but in the announcement they stated there will be special awakening for both vampire princesses. What are the odds, she will get something broken in AW? Any leaks / discussion in that regard? Do I understand it correctly, that if someone did the original Karma event he would not have plat Karma (same way as he/she would not have Dorania)?

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Rank 180, 14 more to go.
Or 20 if you include the last stamina regen.

Theoretical max box storage is 240.
427 Charisma and 18 Stamina. It's enough to run Karma 60/6 3 times without rengerating stamina and 7 times without regenerating Charisma.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Do you guys think, plat Karma is worth farming? I understand she is unimpressive as a unit, but in the announcement they stated there will be special awakening for both vampire princesses. What are the odds, she will get something broken in AW? Any leaks / discussion in that regard? Do I understand it correctly, that if someone did the original Karma event he would not have plat Karma (same way as he/she would not have Dorania)?
Nope.

Zero to none. At best they'll probably both get an AWing ability that allows them to drain life/recover their hp slowly over time. This is okay for a unit like Rikka who can avoid melee, or melee units that can already be healed like that plat monk, but it's probably going to be a pretty small improvement to them.

Maybe I'm just trying to be cautious with my prediction so I'm not disappointed, but event awakenings are rarely exciting and never really fill in any weaknesses a unit has, as I've said before. I even get the feeling that they're going to try to shy away from any more "recover hp over time" abilities since they've been using them a lot and it goes completely against Karma's initial design. They may be able to recover hp some other way (Drain life being the most obvious choice) but it still probably won't be great.

I kind of feel like they might debuff enemies or something weird instead though. Maybe Karma just reminds me too much of Yurina~ On the positive side of things: Immortal Karma is a black unit, so there's hope her awakening won't be utter trash. Incoming +10 magic resist. At least they have a possible class ability as well.

Last edited:

DUnmei

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Nope.

I kind of feel like they might debuff enemies or something weird instead though. Maybe Karma just reminds me too much of Yurina~ On the positive side of things: Immortal Karma is a black unit, so there's hope her awakening won't be utter trash. Incoming +10 magic resist.
I'll be happy if they decide for the same debuff the vampire enemies do.

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't know about them shying away from changing the design of a character through awakenings. In the recent set of new awakenings, Shibira went completely bonkers with her change. She was a very good black princess unit before with her stats, but her AW ability changed her completely. From the videos I've seen, Shibira trivialized a lot of the maps she's thrown in just because of the ranged attack plus the chance to instantly kill enemies when she uses her skill. There's always higher chance that she won't get an amazing ability like Shibira because Karma is an event unit though (that didn't stop sailor awakenings somehow).

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well yeah, that's the one hope I think Karma has is that they'll get a unique class ability. That is impossible to predict though. Some units get nothing or next to nothing as a class and others get massive boosts. It's why I usually only think of their personal AW abilities. A lot of unique melee classes don't get class abilities (See Yurina and Archangels).

Karma does have a chance though since her basic class characteristic isn't anything special like avenger's, it's actually just a weakness since she's already a princess. Problem is what can they do to platinum Karma that won't make black Karma OP? It's something that's difficult to balance since black Karma has a guaranteed lifespan/invincibility timer and platinum Karma is pretty fragile.

The easiest thing to do is probably some heal mechanic, which is why I'm almost hoping they don't use it. Black Karma could get most her health back during skill activation or something and it would make platinum Karma potentially worth her cost. It's just too easy though in my opinion. Sure other classes get stuff that vastly improves them, but it so far hasn't gone COMPLETELY against the initial class bonus. Karma's says HP does not recover after all.

Sailor's/Shibira might become much stronger after awakening, but it doesn't go against their initial design. We just didn't know their potential, if you understand what I mean. They're just bonuses, they didn't have any limitations on their design originally like Karma. That's like if Ricca could suddenly be healed by priests after awakening. Then what was the point of making her so unique in the first place?

So for me the real question is "What is Karma's natural progression?", rather than "How is she going to improve herself/get buffed?". Only time will tell, it's fun to consider anyways. I think about how she's both undead, and a vampire, that hints at a debuff or some life draining ability. If Karma gets a life draining ability though, maybe enemies will too~ Whatever happens I hope she stays fairly unique, she was a pretty original design and I love her for it. Of course I do hope whatever she gets from awakening makes her more usable.

Last edited:

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Is there an ongoing manteinance right now or my android version is just liying to me?

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Game's fine for me and I don't see any news on the forum.

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You do raise some good points about how Karma should progress and after looking at her skill's CT, she deserves a good ability. A healing mechanic is all I can think of when I see her theme as a vampire princess. Something crazy like "heals for damage taken during skill at the end of her skill" or "heals for 20% of damage inflicted" would help her sustain herself. Even 20% life recovery from attacks inflicted seems pretty weak because it would require under 20~40 attacks (I'm also taking min damage taken into consideration) to get back to full health. If someone can manage to keep her around for 75~80 seconds to use her skill again, then they should deserve to be able to keep her around longer.

I would love to know what her ability is going to be before the event ends because I'm on the fence on whether or not I should get her. I don't need another princess, so I'm willing to pass on her and maybe wait for an Aria revival.

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

4 runs in a row with no Elsa. whatsoever wrong with this event :( I have her only -2/+2

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah I could be down for some kind of percentage life drain/steal. Would mean Karma would synergize well with units that buff attack and it wouldn't be too OP since her attack speed is fairly slow. It also hasn't been done before I don't think. I just don't want a heal mechanic on her to be boring. If she gets an extra ability, I want it to be something that's fun to watch. Seeing her life climb back up on her own power would be pretty entertaining.

Funny that Karma is getting an awakening before Ricca, I mean I know Karma came out first but it has me worrying that Ricca won't see her awakening until she comes back in future events x.X I think they're just having a helluva time balancing her. Ahhh Ricca is one of my favorite units, hope she gets some attention soon.

Of course the girl I wasn't even too interested in I get max cost reduced and up to 5/10 skill pretty easily lol. I only spent 2 crystals on her I think, just got her because she seemed like she might be necessary in future snow events (That and the magic crystals and chance at Valerie copies...). Oh well, maybe I'll like her more once I see her affection scenes. I guess I did need another high level/low cost witch for some maps as well. Her awakening is decent anywho, if kind of boring. Freezy skill allowing her to slow enemies to a crawl is pretty funny anywho, imagine having a few of them on the field.

Last edited:

Longherin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Seeing that we're onto theorycrafting for Karma and her vampiric immortalness...how about...

Her first death/retreat returns her to the unit roster. :D

clavat_k

Tentacle God
Reputation score

is there a maintenmace right now? cant play the game....

forget it xD it was an error on my side

Last edited:

Starbound

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Guess I'm gonna give up on Elsa. Can't run the 55/7 map, so focusing on getting another Healer and an Vampire Hunter leveled up for Karma's weekend event.

arisato minato

Reputation score

Guess I'm gonna give up on Elsa. Can't run the 55/7 map, so focusing on getting another Healer and an Vampire Hunter leveled up for Karma's weekend event.
What is your trouble with 55/7 map ? The only problem i can found with that map is the blizzard when Elsa appear. It increase the damage of every snow unit ( Snow wolves, Yeti, Snowman, Elsa).

The last two balphomet can easily be tanked with a HA and two healer support.