Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

Aarkken

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

Yeah i rolled 3 premium after maintenance because "why not"
3rd roll.

Dat sprite.
I jelly I really want this unit, but the gacha is not my friend when it comes to chance up units.

rayquazaman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The cost reduction is nice, those stat nerfs though... I thought Aegis had the policy of not nerfing characters. I bet there will be a lot of complaints in the Japanese community.

crow_mw

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Here is an easy brute-force, afk farm strategy for new daily:

With 780 attack my Janna couldn't 1-shot the gazers, so 810 attack estimated for 1-shot seems pretty accurate.

Even without 1-shotting them it was an easy 2star clear. I lost my prince and units I deployed on lower bank after I realized that Janna can't 1-shot. But gazer swarms do not hit units from upper bank, so it is OK to 2-shot them. My Spica can't 1-shot gazers without prince buff, so I am not sure if it is possible to do this with just her, Sedis and Janna. But worst comes to worst just spam lightning rods to keep your gunner alive and you can 2star it (or even 3star if you are good with recalls) without 1-shotting gazers.

Also note, that we have this mission on Thursday, not 'shifted to Friday'. Maybe we will now have 2 days of magic crystal farming?

----

So Dancer AW perk doesn't change anything, right? As expected both dancers got rather unimpressive abilities, while the premium one is pretty useful (is it after deployment or from being in sortie only?). I guess that -1 cost from Hana wins here. Especially since if I am not mistaken Waltz attack affection bonus got nerfed? It is still higher, but as far as I recall, she had more.

----

Nice buffs to witches, shamans and Angels. Chloe now has 25 mdef, while costing only 14, dethroning (or at least getting into competition with) Yurina from the spot of best non-black magic tank. As for fencers... high cost was a problem for me from time to time and is always welcome for any unit you use for afk farming. The stat decrease accompanying isn't that bad I suppose?

----

Technically revival missions are dailies. You think they are affected by bonus drops as well?

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Awakening Info:
-Sprites:
+Bashira, Grace, Mischa, Soma
-Illustrations:
+Elizabeth, Errett, Flamel, Grace, Hana, Jessica, Marnie, Waltz

-Top Dancer Awaken into Super Dancer
-AW Mat: Valkyrie, Ninja, Healer
-Class Perk: 10% Defence and Attack Given to Nearby Allies.
-Hana Ability: Hana's Deployment Cost -1
-Marnie Ability: Warrior's Dance (Melee Unit Deployment Cost -1)
-Waltz Ability: Mirage Dance (50% chance to avoid physical attacks.)

-Battle Mage Awaken into Super Magic Armour General
-AW Mat: Heavy Armour x2, Mage
-Class Perk: +2 Cost; +1 Block (4-Block)
-Grace Ability: Magic Wall (+5% magic resistant to party if Grace is on Team.)
-Jessica Ability: Pursuit (20% chance to double-attack [same as Charlotte].)

-Priest Warrior Chief Awaken into Divine Armour
-AW Mat: Soldier, Rune Fencer, Healer
-Errett Ability: Errett's Deployment Cost -1
-Flamel Ability: Purifying Light (20% chance of 1.5x bonus to attack and recovery, 100% for attacks against Undead.)

Unit Balancing Info:
Valkyrie-type Class:
Cost Recovery Effect Sprite Added.

Regeneration Ability Effect:
Changed to show overlap. Units that can't recover HP from others (e.g. Ricca) cannot be buffed by ability effects that regenerate health from others.

Deployment Cost Decreases:
Shaman: -1 Witch: -1; Pegasus Knight: -2; Magic Fencer: -5; Angel: -4; Front Tactician: -4; Pre-AW Ninja: -2; Pre-AW Samurai: -1 (?)

Angel Magic Resistance Buff:
Niel: +10%; Eln: +10%; Chloe: +5%; Sophie: +0%

Angel Skill CT: -10 seconds

Magic Fencer Nerf: HP&DF: -10%~; AT: -3%~

Ninja Nerf (Excluding AW): HP&DF: -5%~

Front Tactician Nerf:
CC70 Uzume: 1952HP > 1784; 515AT > 485; 257DF > 243

Platinum Dancer Marnie:
Affection Bonus Adjusted
Ah so their AW abilities (-Marnie of course) aren't all that great, as expected. Well gotta wait to see how their stats improve then.

Well I haven't been using my Magic Fencer, so I really only benefit from those changes. That buff to Angels interests me, a reason to use Chloe reliably perhaps? I gotta check to see how the skill cooldown is now. Ninja nerf is rather minor, but kind of odd. I was hoping they'd look at Saki.

Chloe is around 9 seconds initial and 18 second cooldown at level 7/10. That does feel more in line with what they should be doing. With all these new event units that can reach that attack, she does seem a lot better. At least she's an option now, the downtime before made her rather pointless except for specific rushes.

Last edited:

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Since you have Spica, you can try out this one:

You just need someone to cover Sedis on the right and that's it. I want to try that out, but I don't have Spica.

Waltz did not get her affection bonus changed. She always had +198 HP and +120 attack. I clearly remember my Waltz having 277 attack before the maintenance and it has remained the same after.

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@crow_mw:
Thanks for catching the missing info for Marnie's AW Ability. It's while she's she's deployed.

Rune Lord Charlotte supposedly suffered the most to the point that a couple Japanese posters were having the residents of Lita-chan's House (Lita, Crissa, Belna, Sophie, and Lisette) celebrating her arrival (the funniest joke was when these characters were calling out to Mikoto to come back, which spurs Mikoto to quicken her pace away from Lita-chan's House).

AW90 Charlotte:
1877 > 1762
604 > 592
408 > 372

The change isn't quite as bad for me, since I do have Adelle to give Charlotte 176+ HP, but I'm not going to feel as confident having Charlotte on my front lines tanking stuff on chaotic maps that I'm trying to 3-star on my first visit.

propaganda

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25666224

You just need someone to cover Sedis on the right and that's it. I want to try that out, but I don't have Spica.
The video work well for me since i dun have any sailor or canon user. I was able to clear the map using a AW47 spica, AW45 fran and AW54 Iris.

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Can you tell me what stats your AW Fran had? I need some replacement for her, thinking who I can use...

EDIT: Or maybe CC Fran will do the job just fine =o

EDIT2: CC Fran RiP [*]

EDIT3: Woooooo, 2 stars and 7 drops! love it @@

EDIT4: Crow thanks for the info. I saw it after I started the run but fortunately AW45 Spica did well. Too bad I can't say the same about Fran. Maybe this is good reason to start lvling her, hmm... Anyway, I did 2 stars, maybe I can get 3 with recalling on time...

Last edited:

crow_mw

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Hymm, this requires skill usage and not sure if I have second ranged strong enough to play Fran role. My Janna is only level 40, so I hope I can raise high enough to hit 810 attack.

Thanks for correction about Waltz.

@crow_mw:
Thanks for catching the missing info for Marnie's AW Ability. It's while she's she's deployed.
Well, it must be me being half awake, -1 from being in sortie would be way too powerful, especially on plat unit. Still good though, if you want to use her you should be able to deploy her and be sortie-positive before even first call to Call Reinforcements.

I have cc50 -3 cost Charlotte and lvl 1 min cost Hores and I still can't decide which one to work on and AW. Those changes don't make the decision any easier ><

Can you tell me what stats your AW Fran had? I need some replacement for her, thinking who I can use...
Wiki is now updated with stats for gazers. 660 hp, 150 def, 60 mdef. Needs 810 physical attack to 1-shot, 480 to two-shot, and 370 to three-shot. 624 on Artemis to 1-shot, due to their bonus dmg to flying units.

Last edited:

rayquazaman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

After several uses, the changes to front-end tacticians are not as bad as I initially thought. I'm actually starting to like that change. Sure, the health and defence loss is significant since they block multiple units, but the cost buff makes them much easier to use considering their ability, enough to cover the stat losses.

Anelai

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I like some of new "features" we have now. First of all: maybe I will start using Shiho, since she cost only 16 for me now... Then maybe I will be able to use Hores more often. I was to weak when her event came on and I have her max cost (and I love her so Aegis god, please do her revival!). Now 22 cost is still much but also more bearable!

Anyways, I had the weirdest dream ever!
First of all I woke up at 9 a.m. Polish time (just one hour after maint) - first thing I did was checking forum for new event, then updating app, then checking the clock (If I am not wasting any stamina/charizma), then I went back to sleep. I was really sleepy but I remember 2 things from Petite's post:

1. They are giving us Soma AW (and she got new sprite, which I checked)
2. Magic crystals daily will be held at Thursdays and Fridays

2 hours later (now) I can't find any of these info =o Now I am laughing hard at myself :D

EDIT:

3 stars in extreme! <3

EDIT2:

@Kroset, thanks for info. I use AW Aria and CC56 Sedis. CC20 Fran is not enough ;p (which did not surprise me...) But I am switching Fran with Claire (during eyes wave) and this works fine. Fran skill is not active when killing wave comes to her anyway.

Last edited:

Kroset

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

EDIT: Or maybe CC Fran will do the job just fine =o

EDIT2: CC Fran RiP [*]

EDIT3: Woooooo, 2 stars and 7 drops! love it @@

EDIT4: Crow thanks for the info. I saw it after I started the run but fortunately AW45 Spica did well. Too bad I can't say the same about Fran. Maybe this is good reason to start lvling her, hmm... Anyway, I did 2 stars, maybe I can get 3 with recalling on time...
I used CC50 Fran and she survived fine without skill activation. :x

Then again, I also had CC61 Sedis (skill lv4) and AW Aria to boost her healing further.

clavat_k

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Aigis wants to keep me in the jap version....
first it gives me Bashira..... now it cost reduces my only black....gives new and cute sprites to bashira and soma......Fuck this is hard D: i need to get another archer to CC bashira Nao!

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@crow_mw:

Rune Lord Charlotte supposedly suffered the most to the point that a couple Japanese posters were having the residents of Lita-chan's House (Lita, Crissa, Belna, Sophie, and Lisette) celebrating her arrival (the funniest joke was when these characters were calling out to Mikoto to come back, which spurs Mikoto to quicken her pace away from Lita-chan's House).

AW90 Charlotte:
1877 > 1762
604 > 592
408 > 372

The change isn't quite as bad for me, since I do have Adelle to give Charlotte 176+ HP, but I'm not going to feel as confident having Charlotte on my front lines tanking stuff on chaotic maps that I'm trying to 3-star on my first visit.
Wow, I really like this changes. I think rune fencers got a big buff, that stat reduction is really low but it helps to put them in what I think was their original role. Using fencers as front line duelists never felt "right" although their stats allowed it.

I liked Shuura and now she will be a permanent in my team :) Now they can compete with soldiers in cost efficiency.

Well, now we know why Lucile is single target, her stats are all better than fencers.

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It appears the experience required for a rank up after 201 may be a solid 40,000 each time. This has been confirmed for ranks 201>202 and 202>203.

@TieSKey:
Their positions are still the same as that comparison I did earlier. Rune Lords output more damage than Dragon Knights, and Dragon Knights have more HP and defence. Lucille's heavy cost is her largest detriment, and weakening the ability of Rune Lords to weather physical harassment doesn't make Lucille more appealing if you have Hores at skill 5/5 from her event.

I'm going to have to awaken Charlotte as soon as I obtain a silver soldier this weekend, so her HP and defence are the same as what I'm used to; when I awakened Hina, I kept overestimating her survivability because her awakening really messed up her HP and defence (AW60~ to rehabilitate HP). Charlotte's role in my mind is to stand up in the front lines to tank the damage from enemy gunners (i.e. Elva's event) with her high defence while she quickly retaliates with her magical damage.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Charlotte looks rough now pre AW.

At level 50/53, 1374 hp at that cost, ouch. That's one-two shot material. They were already so fragile, I'm considering AWing her even less now. I don't like low HP girls.

At least I get to consider Chloe or Erun for awakening now.

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@TieSKey:
Their positions are still the same as that comparison I did earlier. Rune Lords output more damage than Dragon Knights, and Dragon Knights have more HP and defence. Lucille's heavy cost is her largest detriment, and weakening the ability of Rune Lords to weather physical harassment doesn't make Lucille more appealing if you have Hores at skill 5/5 from her event.
Yeah well, I'm considering she will get an AW eventually but I agree her cost is still too high.
The role u describe agrees with me in that they are not "duelists", I mean, not meant to tank melee bosses but to use their versatility in taking out armored opponents from from a distance or contributing with anti-air dmg. For this I think their now lower hp shouldn't be a great nerf considering their ranged dmg got buffed by 30% a while ago and cost lowered a lot.

Mmmm now that I think about it, Xiao's AW ability (10% HP to front tacticians) is now even more useless .... she needs a new skill -.-

Last edited:

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

AW90 Stats for all three dancers. This wasn't added to GCWiki the last I checked, but maybe around the time of this post.

Hana:
1418HP; 284HP; 291DF
Marnie:
1152HP; 333AT; 458DF
Waltz:
1388HP; 374AT; 334DF

@Tieskey:
They're duelists in so much that they can duel anyone the Prince can fight (Anna can buff the Prince, and make him as magically resistant as a Rune Fencer). There's only a few opponents that were outside of their range, and those opponents were so nasty that even the dps duelists like Sherry and Claudia can't fight them.

Those gunners deal a lot of damage. What Charlotte was doing there was quite dangerous, and it required her HP and Defence to be high enough so that she could survive their blasts before she reduces them down to a manageable level. The same goes for the black goblin archer army during the last Great Subjugation Mission near Rural Gate.

The ranged attack used to be 50% for the entire Magic Fencer class, but it's now 50%/60%/70% (Magic Fencer/Rune Fencer/Rune Lord). The entire nature of that encourages that you use this class in your front line—with ninjas (Hien and Hina) sitting at the back—because their ranged damage is only strong enough to soften things up before they get within melee range, or to help support your other nearby characters when they have nothing to do at that moment. Ninjas are much stronger, and what Rune Lords offer over Chounin is their defence and magic resistance lets you deploy them in places where you wouldn't want your dps ninja*. I was using Charlotte to fight on the bottom lane of the Monster-infested island. She was getting free shots at the magic-resistant merfolk that were swimming by her, tanking their magical bubbles, fighting off pirates, and catching the various breeds of king merfolk before she finally had to duel 2/3 magic-resistant water dragons that also blew bubbles at her.

*I admit that I do sometimes place Hina in aggressive positions; I had her guitar-solo every single pirate that came off of Anelia's ship, and Anelia herself. But Hina was backed by Saint Sedis, and that map wasn't meant to be particularly hard.

Last edited:

Ashurmen

Cthulhu
Reputation score

For those wondering how the AW look like.

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@Tieskey:
They're duelists in so much that they can duel anyone the Prince can fight (Anna can buff the Prince, and make him as magically resistant as a Rune Fencer). There's only a few opponents that were outside of their range, and those opponents were so nasty that even the dps duelists like Sherry and Claudia can't fight them.
That's my point, I think they were meant to be a versatile helper, as u say, a more melee version of a ninja. (I fail to understand how and increased ranged attack made them more appealing to be on the front than on the middle XD)
But they had a very high cost to fit that role and instead were able to tank most "non extreme" bosses, competing with pure duelists and even replacing princesses (not gatcha plat princess of course).

I though fencer ranged attacks always were magical, do u know for certain if they are physical?