What's new

Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

So how is everybody on blood atm? I'm wondering how I'm doing compared to others. I'm at 98 atm.
Horrible, I am like 78. Waiting for next patch and the low drop rate 10x blood vial. Jeeze, if there's a goddess blessing for increasing blood vial drop rate, I would buy it.

Basically, you log-in/register to Rakuten to confirm your entry, then you purchase DMM Money
I tried it out with vpn and everything, it doesn't work (at least 2 days ago) the process freezes after you click the purchase button for rakuten.
If anyone else can get it working, please give me a heads up.

Update:
Ah, everything just dropped from 60/3. *sheep mode on*
Aniya~ why don't you drop as well~

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah I really hope blood drops pick up, and that I'm actually able to obtain them in the 2nd half. It should be starting soon but no word on the forum yet.

I just got my first silver from free daily gacha...Bernard x.x Maybe it's telling me to 50cc him like Rean already, because I have so many of him. To attempt to lower his cost/raise his skill or not to, I guess since the first one is guaranteed that it wouldn't be horrible. So many copies and units I'm not using now just waiting for a break from events to actually be able to CC some units. I know veteran players would get bored and Aegis may not make us much money if the events weren't constant. This is about the only game I've played where I've wished for less events, haha.

Last edited:

Ashurmen

Cthulhu
Reputation score

229 blood here 60/3 spam (well every 3 hours ...) using all crystals from the 3 stars and some daily in the event, it's boring only see the 60/3 since the start of the event (no gift or regular missions).
I hope the next event is more a dragon invasion like...

Last edited:

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I just got my first silver from free daily gacha...Bernard x.x Maybe it's telling me to 50cc him like Rean already,
Do NOT 50CC bernard, he's useless 50 CC outside of male only battle. (In those 3 maps alone, he's balance breaking if 50 CCed)
You can use Bernard to 50CC one of those cute cute silver dragon we got 2 events back. That would be awesome since their growth rate post CC is a lot better than growth rate pre-CC. (They have pretty awesome attack and can be cost reduced ... if you still have copies ._.)

This is about the only game I've played where I've wished for less events, haha.
More events like valentine event would be much appreciated *drools at the 3 million gold that I no longer have* the 1.5x drop rate is too much awesome since it allows my prince to swim in a pool of gold *ha ha ha*

I hope the next event is more a dragon invasion like...
Yeah, I am tired of these farm events as well. Especially with Odette's 16 level of skills.
This event wise, 250 isn't hard for me, but 1.2k is way too much in terms of cost.

Update:
Cannot 3 star 60/3 on android to save my life.

Last edited:

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

More events like valentine event would be much appreciated *drools at the 3 million gold that I no longer have* the 1.5x drop rate is too much awesome since it allows my prince to swim in a pool of gold *ha ha ha*
WankoP was entertaining the notion of including BL (Boys Love) in Aegis to cater to those interested in bromance and brofist, so there is a small possibility we might receive chocolates on White Day from our Hectors, <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">Princess</span> Mortimers, and Christophers ("Let me heal your wounds with my white chocolate cream.").

sagitta

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

WankoP was entertaining the notion of including BL (Boys Love) in Aegis to cater to those interested in bromance and brofist, so there is a small possibility we might receive chocolates on White Day from our Hectors, <span style="text-decoration: line-through;">Princess</span> Mortimers, and Christophers ("Let me heal your wounds with my white chocolate cream.").
That would be hilarious :D

Anywho, how important are duelists here (valkyries, princesses, prince)? You guys seem to mention them a lot but I've been focusing on my old strategy of blocking (HAs, foot soldiers) and spamming AOE + 1 witch (I have only 1) at that area + 1/2 healers? I admit I am running into problems with some hard hitters (those werewolves and some big armors) but overall the strategy worked for me. I initially use 1-2 archers (<3 Souma) and foot soldiers to hold the ground until the +command point skills activate, then witch/mages/healers. I sub the foot soldiers out for HAs once my AOE is ready. Basically can't decide on when to get the duelists out. I probably am doing something wrong since some missions just kill me straight out (e.g. third event mission).

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh yeah I keep forgetting that the dragon warriors use HA to CC, I could certainly use some of them for their skills soon.

Vampire girl's image changed at 100 or 110 I believe, I can see her eyes now. I got it in one swoop spending my stamina, so I don't know which one it was. Has her image changed again for anybody else beyond 100ish?

That would be hilarious :D

Anywho, how important are duelists here (valkyries, princesses, prince)?
Very, very important. First off Prince has a passive buff that raises the attack and defense of everybody on your team when he's active on the field. You can also apply other passive buffs to him that either raise his own stats, or further increase the teammate passive buff he has (Up to 20%, This is highly recommended as at higher levels, it completely overshadows any of his self-only buffs.). Basically as long as you need a duelist, the Prince should be on the field. There are maps where people place the Prince just for his passive buff, it's rare where someone else would be better for a spare slot (I don't remember the last time I didn't deploy him).

Next is that duelists are basically miniboss/boss killers. You need them to kill enemies quickly and be able to tank damage. There are no other unit types that can do both at the same time as well, there's a reason that they can only block one enemy at a time. The HA/mage combo isn't always possible and isn't always the best dps, there are levels and events where you NEED to kill minibosses/bosses quickly or they pile up. A HA may have ungodly defense but even they can't do much against multiple miniboss/bosses (Mages aren't always the best dps either because of their slow attack speed and low single target damage).

3: Princesses do magical damage that negates enemy defense, so they are just OP right there already. They are like the supreme boss killers for most enemies (Short of those with magic resist, or those with little to no defense and extremely high hp).

Oh and also add bandits to the list as good duelists. They have more attack than any other unit but very low defense, why are they useful then if their defense can get them killed in a few shots? For bosses with magical damage who would avoid defense anyways. Bandits also have a tremendous amount of HP, coupled with their extremely high attack that makes them PERFECT for these types of enemies. We get magic bosses very often in events, so raise a strong bandit :p You won't regret it when you see how high some of their attack can become.

I recommend Beserker Fu for silvers, desperation skill is OP and further enforces that bandits are magic boss killers.

Un CC'd at level 42 and only 3/5 levels of his desperation skill...You can see that there isn't much he can't kill in the 10 seconds that it's activated. This is easily obtainable just with the copies you get for free (Unless you're unlucky). Even without skill activation, his attack is quite a bit higher than my level 90 Prince (447 vs 382 unbuffed, add 18% to that for a level 90 Prince on the field).

TLDR: Duelists are basically miniboss and boss killers and are needed for most events.

Last edited:

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Anywho, how important are duelists here (valkyries, princesses, prince)?
Soldier + Duelist + Healer is the most stable build in Aegis. Due to the fact that duelist is cheaper than HA (well, usually) and much stronger in terms of damage. They are inherently stronger than any HA + FM + Healer combo due to cost/damage received/damage dealt and you don't need a FM for it to function.

The minimal (reasonably) HA + FM + Healer combo is at the cost of (18 + 30 + 18 = 66 deployment points) you are fine if you get this far, but then you are usually forced to deploy a certain way just to bring out your combo and that deployment usually screws you over if you aren't strong enough.

In comparison, Duelist can thin out the enemy quickly without taking much damage (1 to 1) and they have the highest status regardless whether it's a Valkyrie or a princess after raising. (How high? Easily > 500 Atk and > 300 Def after 50CC->20/Lv40+ for princess) Then you can add a bunch of units as needed rather than deal with a 66 deployment point ball of death.

Vampire girl's image changed at 100 or 110 I believe, I can see her eyes now. I got it in one swoop spending my stamina, so I don't know which one it was. Has her image changed again for anybody else beyond 100ish?
It's 100, that's the point where she's actually SUPPOSE to be made available to you as an unit. Then the devs went made it into 250.

bromance and brofist
I need to bromance my platinum soldier, but in terms of chocolate, I want see a white day event where Prince has to bring all sorts of gifts to the girls.

OP
B

Braemir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I am only at 78 blood. I spent the day doing the gold daily to build my funds back up. I think I can make at least the 250 mark.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's 100, that's the point where she's actually SUPPOSE to be made available to you as an unit. Then the devs went made it into 250.
Forever tarnishing my trust of Aegis devs. I assumed it would be when we were supposed to get her as well when the image changed, that's why I was trying to keep track of it. At least I have a buttload of crystals saved from 3 staring stuff that should get me clear over 250, maybe I can even get a little cost reduction and skill up too. I think I could possibly reach 370 if I used them all and if the 2nd half has better blood drops.

2nd half of the event and maintenance announced:

◆ ◆ Notice of maintenance

We patronage a thousand years war Aegis Mori Seiki Group ,
Thank you very much .

From Tuesday, 10:00 , we will carry out maintenance March 4, 2014 .

[ Maintenance ] implementation time
( Tue) 15:00 scheduled to end March 4 ( Tue) 10:00 - 2014 March 4, 2014

[ Maintenance ] correspondence content
· Adding a mission " vampire bride " emergency mission

For We ask everyone for the user, and in up to 5 minutes before the start of maintenance
Like you please quit the game , thank you.
With regard to the data had been received to play just before maintenance
There is the case that can not be saved properly .

Time zone since the above can not be asked to play the game ,
I ask for your understanding in advance .

But I will apologize for the inconvenience to our customers by maintenance ,
Humbly , thank you for your understanding and cooperation .

Thousand years war Aegis management team

Last edited:

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Forever tarnishing my trust of Aegis devs.
Hey, it's not the dev's fault that the management wants to make a lot of money. In my opinion the dev's made a great event (especially consider all the unique and interesting way for the units to pass out after being stunned -> Shizuka's orz pose is so wonderfully cute)
Then the management (or someone randomly) went requested 2.5x whatever the amount required. (Final reward is suppose to be given out at 480 or 500, which is perfectly manageable. 1.2k on the other hand isn't)

@Fruit
Thanks for the heads up -> goes to read original Japanese text (I could never get use to google's translation :X )

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hey, it's not the dev's fault that the management wants to make a lot of money. In my opinion the dev's made a great event (especially consider all the unique and interesting way for the units to pass out after being stunned -> Shizuka's orz pose is so wonderfully cute)
Then the management (or someone randomly) went requested 2.5x whatever the amount required. (Final reward is suppose to be given out at 480 or 500, which is perfectly manageable. 1.2k on the other hand isn't)

@Fruit
Thanks for the heads up -> goes to read original Japanese text (I could never get use to google's translation :X )
Oh yeah, it's just one of those moments for me where the high cost of rewards kind of left a bitter taste in my mouth, so it's lowing my enjoyment of the event a bit. The event itself is okay and pretty interesting...just wish they didn't play around with the rewards. When you know that you have no chance at most the rewards, it's kind of meh.

I couldn't either, finally got frustrated enough after growing up watching anime most my childhood, having to wait on subtitles and using google translate to try to understand Japanese text a bit x.X Took me long enough, I wish I started sooner but hey, better to start now than later/never (age 24 now).

I look forward to eventually not needing google translate and being able to read and watch Japanese things without subtitles and translations~ I hope the grammar isn't as difficult as I think it will be, I already know the sentence structure is quite different from English. I'm just taking it one step at a time and trying not to worry about future things yet, I still gotta learn all of Hiragana well. Filling up pages of graph paper with kana atm and still working on my R sound pronunciations~ Even when you know the tongue trick, it's hard to get used to.

It'll be so nice to not have to rely and wait on others for information on Japanese things. It's like a whole new world is opened up to you when you learn a new language. Japanese is a great world to have opened up to you lol.

Ashurmen

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Look like nothing change past 250 blood in the vampire picture.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Look like nothing change past 250 blood in the vampire picture.
Thanks for the update. I guess it's as we suspected with blood cost being changed.

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I hope the grammar isn't as difficult as I think it will be, I already know the sentence structure is quite different from English. I'm just taking it one step at a time and trying not to worry about future things yet, I still gotta learn all of Hiragana well.
Japanese grammar is more logical than English, so if you can wrap your head around concepts like "分かっている" making sense as "I am knowing" rather than "I know", then you shouldn't have much trouble getting in the right mindset. The most difficult parts are verb conjugation and the arbitrary kanji readings for the most common words. There's general rules, but so many exceptions that it will drive you absolutely insane if you try to rote memorise it all (though, verb conjugation is less hellish if you learn them with kana/kanji rather than orally or with romaji). I liken it to climbing a mesa: the beginning is a vertical climb, but when you reach the top, the rest is a simple walk.

Though, I personally think that if English is your first language, you should learn Katakana before Hiragana. Japanese uses a lot of English loan words, so if you learn Katakana first, you'll be able to immediately apply your knowledge. Just as an example, the bottom three buttons from the left in the Aegis' main menu are "ミッション" (Misshon), "クエスト" (Kuesuto), and "ユニット" (Yunitto). It should be real easy for you to figure out which English words these are by sounding them out. =)

Last edited:

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hiragana/Katakana are too easy so don't fret, the Kanji are a real pain though, since there are many that look alike, plus they have many meaning and you need to be able to read the whole context...Bleh, Japanese is a meh language at it's best.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah I should be starting on Katakana symbols/kana soon. Kanji does worry me a bit with the similar characters, but I'll worry about that when I get to it x.X

A reminder: Game will be going down for a 5 hour maintenance in 4 and a half hours, so good to start saving your stamina and charisma now if you'd like max when the 2nd half of the event begins.

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for the input guys. Yeah I should be starting on Katakana symbols/kana soon. Kanji does worry me a bit with the similar characters, but I'll worry about that when I get to it x.X

A reminder: Game will be going down for a 5 hour maintenance in 4 and a half hours, so good to start saving your stamina and charisma now if you'd like max when the 2nd half of the event begins.
Definitely start with katakanas but they are just 30 symbols or so, It wont take much to memorize them. Hiragana is 1-1 with katakanas but useless unless you know the words. You can start with kanji anytime, there are tons of phone apps to learn them and the first 100 are quite easy.

If u don't have it already, look up for "rikaichan" addon and hiragana injector for your browser.

For grammar the best is to attend a couple of classes. In 2 years you can learn like 80% of the grammar and then just focus on kanji by yourself.

Just failed JLPT lvl2 again this year :p
At least I can argue that I was focusing on english to study a master on the states starting this fall

ieyasu

Demon Girl
Reputation score

169 Blood Vials... *sigh*

Just curious, who else uses Android to play this game other than me, and how does it work for you?

As i'm using a Big tablet (Asus Transformer Prime), i was able to swiftly deploy soldiers on the battlefield with a simple swipe of my finger.

*swipe* Defend the exit, Archer!
*swipe* Defend that road, Heavy Armor!
*swipe* Stay back and do your fancy commanding presense boost, Prince!
*swipe* Blast everything to hell, Mages!

That satisfaction. Also, game seems to run smoothly compared to running on my 8core pc... Game's framerate drops if i had any other flash rendered on screen...