What's new

After Invasion - New game - Early Alpha - Ren'Py

haspes23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Good morning all.

Pre-First note - I am the Team of one on this, programmer, story writing, and art rendering (I can't draw to save burning kittens, so I have to use Something to do the art for me.) I am using Daz to render, and Ren'Py as the system. This is NOT going to be a normal VN though.

First I want to say thanks for checking out my game, I started putting it together a few months ago, and it has been a LONG process just to get to where I am now. About 2 months ago I decided to redo the entire infrastructure to make it look better, redo the map's and the conversation system.... It is still a work in progress, and I am missing a LOT of content both written and rendered. But it is coming along REALLY fast now.

About the game, in very late 2017 Aliens arrived in Orbit and were able to remain undetected long enough to seed the planet with a Mutagenic Virus. This virus took a couple months to really start effecting Humanity but by Late Feb 2018 there were thousands of people dead.

Fast forward to roughly May - Jun time frame and Humanity started changing, some of the infected were able to survive the Virus, and developed some pretty amazing powers.

Couple months later and Humanity was making a come back actually able to combat the advanced tech of the Aliens, with the newly Altered beings that survived. Roughly 2 years of horrible war, atrocities committed on both sides of the war, and Humanity was able to kick the aliens off the planet.

The story first starts on Jan 1 2019. You are a hero formerly known as Alpha, you stepped down from your role in the new One World Government (They replaced the old Governments that were scattered around the world during the early days of the war.) You can choose to be either male or female, and you get to choose your powers (Primary, social, secondary, and travel)

Your primary powers are going to be one of the following -
Shifting - You are a shape shifter, like Mystique, but with a MUCH larger range of forms you can take.
Psionic - Powers of the mind are your forte, offense, deff, and healing, as well as support skills.
Magic - You and the others like you have gained a very minor part of the ability that the beings who created the Universe have, and you can tap into the left over energy, and mechanics that they used to make everything.

The above powers also give you ways to interact with people in social settings - This is still in development.

Secondary skills augment your personal stats either physical, mental, and social.

Your travel powers will eventually be used to get you to and from locations.

Right now there is your base with certain locations inside it that you can access, and use. Some of these will be used to interact with other people, some to accomplish missions, and yet others to train yourself, research new magic or tech gear, and interact with base personnel.

You also have 5 neighbors in 3 houses that are still being fleshed out, and content is being added all the time.

After 7 days of time in the world you get the ability to move on to Downtown (after completing a mission that is still in the works.)

Downtown will introduce an expanded neighborhood, new neighbors, and lots of new places to visit (As I get them rendered and programmed into the game).

Right now there is minimal intimate, romantic, or sexual content, but it is coming as I expand on the content that is here already.

There are plans to add a plethora of content, my biggest limit is time right now since I still work a full time job while working on the game on my days off.

Pairings are going to be everything from the normal, to the obscure, to the extreme..... BUT I leave the player in charge of what content they get to see. Pairings that will be implemented are as follows.
m/m, m/f, f/f, mm/f, ff/m, mdom, fdom, preggo, incest, beast, transformations (voluntary and otherwise), voyeur, exhib, the ability to force fetish's on certain NPC's, change their sexual orientation, as well as if they are Dom or Sub naturally. Situations in the game are going to be the normal, seduce, dominate, submit, kidnap, coerce, and trick.

The current release will always be on my Patreon site (I do the majority of my communication there, it just makes it easier for me) It also has the full list of all the bugs I am working on, or tracking, as well as the update of what my plans are for the upcoming update.

DL link for update .7

Attachments

Last edited:

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: After Invasion - New game - Early Alpha - Ren'Py

Welcome all, to another round of "SPOT THE SCAM"! Today, a new forum user who most likely won't return to check on their own thread after making a wall of nothing!

Let's get down to it!

->Posts in other threads with mostly mindless spam along the likes of "Great game!" and "Will play it later!" without adding anything of value to the thread itself.

->Wall of text outlining their game with no current build available

->Links patreon almost immediately.

->Talks about all the neat things you can do, but provides no demo and no evidence that the "game" is being worked on.

->Story sounds really generic and uninspired. Aliens invade, the world sucks, blah blah blah

->Had a previous version, then "rebuilt" it to current version.

Okay, I shouldn't need to make posts like this pointing out the very obvious problems with your entire approach. As brain-dead as a good number of people are on this forum, it's very clear you're not trying too hard to sell whatever it is you're trying to sell. I would talk about the game itself, but I've yet to see a functioning demo or any evidence that you'll follow through.

TentacleZombie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

As a fellow Daz Studio hobbyist, I wish you all the luck. To be brutally honest it's going to be difficult since the V part of your VN is a bit rough, but hang in there and don't give up. As the old cliche goes: practice makes perfect.

The best advice I can really give is just look up photos of scenes similar to what you want to achieve and think about how to replicate it with minimum resources: hide things that aren't visible in the scene to cut down on rendering times, use the camera's depth of field to bring focus (default value on focal distance is good for individuals or small groups, large values for backdrops) on the subject while also hiding details further in the background, play around with a mix of distance lights and spotlights to create the lighting effects that you want, and avoid having really sharp shadows.

Also for skin, you want to have glossiness at 75%, specular color at 30/30/30 for dry skin and 40/40/40 for the moist parts (like lips, tongue, eyes, labia, etc.), and ambient color at 5/0/0.

That's all I can really remember about what I learned from playing around with Studio and a mid-range PC over the years. Hope it helps!

OP
H

haspes23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Welcome all, to another round of "SPOT THE SCAM"! Today, a new forum user who most likely won't return to check on their own thread after making a wall of nothing!

Let's get down to it!

->Posts in other threads with mostly mindless spam along the likes of "Great game!" and "Will play it later!" without adding anything of value to the thread itself.

->Wall of text outlining their game with no current build available

->Links patreon almost immediately.

->Talks about all the neat things you can do, but provides no demo and no evidence that the "game" is being worked on.

->Story sounds really generic and uninspired. Aliens invade, the world sucks, blah blah blah

->Had a previous version, then "rebuilt" it to current version.

Okay, I shouldn't need to make posts like this pointing out the very obvious problems with your entire approach. As brain-dead as a good number of people are on this forum, it's very clear you're not trying too hard to sell whatever it is you're trying to sell. I would talk about the game itself, but I've yet to see a functioning demo or any evidence that you'll follow through.
Well that just wasn't all that nice, first off.... First post HERE, but you know I guess if you had actually went and did some research on my Patreon site and saw that I was massively active there, then saw the link to Fenoxo forum's where I had originally put my stuff.... But my bad, obviously that was just to much work so let me do it for you.....

Next up my thread over at lovers lab.... Cause you know, I might just be a scam.

Well How about this Mr I cant read the post.... At the VERY bottom of my page of text, I put up the link to the FREE demo of the game.... Since I am new to POSTING here, I was following what the Admins said and that is the no links, so they said post it like so.

mega.nz/#!ShgAiYoZ!wIM8NhPiBv86MoBfIFa73BqAVFe8CjoKeIOKCnxxe-g

But you know, obviously I did that wrong.... MY BAD.....

About the link to Patreon, A: I didn't say anything about contributing to my campaign, I'm pretty sure (And I did double check just because you never know what I might have typed earlier this morning) All I said was here is my Patreon with all the up to date info, and its where I prefer to do my communicating. IE: It's were all the different releases had been, so IN THE FUTURE, before you attack someone, try and do the intelligent thing and check what your bashing first..... Might save you some embarrassment when you realize that you were in the wrong on over half of what you said.

The only thing you did say right, was that I commented on the games I was planning to check out.... Which I did.... Then after checking them out to provide feedback, I decided to check my thread out.... Main thing about the as you call it mindless posting, I was A: Putting a comment in about what I thought looked good, B: was working on getting that 15 posts, so I could try to link the place to download my game from....

But yeah then I saw the advice from the Mod's about how they would prefer that we do things. /shrug, so I apologize for all that, if it offended you, because I can be the bigger man, and not get all attacky on someone.

So how about this, if you got a problem with someone.... Try doing the non-troll action and actually talking to the person, because if you act like a troll and accuse others of being a troll... A troll sir, you might be.

OP
H

haspes23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

As a fellow Daz Studio hobbyist, I wish you all the luck. To be brutally honest it's going to be difficult since the V part of your VN is a bit rough, but hang in there and don't give up. As the old cliche goes: practice makes perfect.

The best advice I can really give is just look up photos of scenes similar to what you want to achieve and think about how to replicate it with minimum resources: hide things that aren't visible in the scene to cut down on rendering times, use the camera's depth of field to bring focus (default value on focal distance is good for individuals or small groups, large values for backdrops) on the subject while also hiding details further in the background, play around with a mix of distance lights and spotlights to create the lighting effects that you want, and avoid having really sharp shadows.

Also for skin, you want to have glossiness at 75%, specular color at 30/30/30 for dry skin and 40/40/40 for the moist parts (like lips, tongue, eyes, labia, etc.), and ambient color at 5/0/0.

That's all I can really remember about what I learned from playing around with Studio and a mid-range PC over the years. Hope it helps!
Hello there sir, and thank you for the advice.

Yeah the renders were really really rough when I first started and they have improved several times over since my first month using the program. It is nice, and after some playing around gets MUCH easier.... I am still having issues with the lights, but doing my best to learn it to make the scenes as nice as possible.

For the really big scenes I found some content over on renderocity that is fairly low poly, but still looks decent and I am using that content for the neighborhood, and downtown scenes... I am still trying to find something to replicate a government building type scene, but I am not rushing into that, I made that mistake with the neighborhood, and I am still trying to get it all finished up. )))) I jumped in with both feet extended, and found that the more you add, it multiples the work effort significantly. But I think it makes it more rewarding because of the quality of what your doing.

I guess your talking about some of the default options I haven't played around with to much in lighting, camera, and Iray settings. (Because when I do, they tend to make things look rather horrible LOL), the camera's, lights, and some of the Iray features I am still trying to learn. I have a friend who knows Iray a LOT better than me, and he is helping me with a lot of the renders.

It does help a lot, it will help even more when I get the chance to upgrade to a mid-range PC (My CPU, Ram, and Video card are barely scrapping the bottom of the barrel, but they do what I need them to, even if it is a bit slow.)

Thank you again for your advice, and support. I have been at it for around 5 months now, and I am not rushing.... Just trying to get other peoples eyes on it, and see if I can get some more feedback on where I am doing good and bad.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The entire tone of your response tells me that you're indignant about being exposed and now trying to save face. You say you won't get attack-y, yet the entire tone of your post up to that point is blatantly an unnecessarily aggressive attack in response to someone criticizing your behavior and (self-admitted) post spam just to make a half-baked post about a game you're (allegedly) making.

I'm not going to discourage you, but it's clear to myself and others that it's probably a good idea to steer clear of you and your project(s).

AsXurian

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm not going to discourage you, but it's clear to myself and others that it's probably a good idea to steer clear of you and your project(s).
Not going to get into any other part of this conversation, but I would recommend you don't speak for others, as each person can have their own opinion.

As for the game itself, I've read the post and also checked out the patreon and the game has been in development for several months, I personally don't recognize this one as a scam.

And it sounds interesting, I like the option to choose which side you start on and even though the scope of it sounds very big and hard to pull off, I can see the dedication in the development so far, I plan on giving the demo a try within a day or two.

OP
H

haspes23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Not going to get into any other part of this conversation, but I would recommend you don't speak for others, as each person can have their own opinion.

As for the game itself, I've read the post and also checked out the patreon and the game has been in development for several months, I personally don't recognize this one as a scam.

And it sounds interesting, I like the option to choose which side you start on and even though the scope of it sounds very big and hard to pull off, I can see the dedication in the development so far, I plan on giving the demo a try within a day or two.
I appreciate you taking the time to check it out, and thanks for the kind words. Its about all I can ask for, I am personally just not going to respond to Bob anymore, I would like it if he did some research before he talks trash about me.... But since I don't know him, I dont really care about what he feels about me.

If I can make a suggestion wait about 3 - 5 days, I will be releasing some patches on the .50b as well as a bunch of new Images, a few more fleshed out scenes, and at least 1 new location. There is also a new chat system that I implemented and need to touch up before it's ready for the main public.

OP
H

haspes23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Forgot to mention, as the game grows and I get more scenes released, around scene 5 or 6 (Just getting ready to enter Scene 3 Intro to Downtown, scene 4 will be Intro to the Capital. But once a certain point is reached, for those that decide to change (From agent to Rogue, or Villain, or Villain to Rogue, or Rogue to Agent.... It will be possible. There will be some serious negatives about going from Rogue or Villain to being an Agent. But it will be possible)

It is actually a rather large game, and difficult. I didn't intend for it to be this way, but during the planning (Before I wrote the first line of code I sat for about 2 weeks writing a rough outline, a story or 2, and char Bio's plus Powers.....) And the more I wrote the more I wanted to do for the game.

Also the first game I am working on has absolutely nothing to do with the backstory so far, it is just a setting. IF things go well and people enjoy the game, then I have ideas on 2 others I want to do to continue to story, and that is when the Aliens become more of a figure in the scene. This is a passionate project of mine, not my first thing I have worked on, just the first I have wanted to release for others to play, I usually tend to horde my ideas LOL.

AsXurian

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Alright, I can wait for an update before I try it, but it sounds like what you've planned out can/will be fun and interactive.

And hording ideas is not bad, personally I'm trying [struggling to at least] get better towards art and development as I personally have an overactive imagination and what to create my own ideas one day, even if I never make a profit from them, I have two notebooks filled with ideas, anything from fan arts to comic ideas to game ideas. Over 3/4's of it will probably never be created at my pace XD

And from what I've read from other developers around this site, it's not bad to think up/create tons of things to add to the game or even want it to incorporate this massive idea. And that is only half of the subject on it but that's the message of it I wanted to deliver so I won't say the rest which is really just fundamentals of game development. Like picking core concepts to flesh out before adding on, stuff like that.

Last edited:
OP
H

haspes23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Good stuff here, and thank you. Atm I have 2 minor issues resolved with the chat system one where I messed up on the background images, and the other was I forgot to remove the original code where you selected who you wanted to talk to, so its looking a lot nicer now.

I also have a few small animations that I put up as small little thank you to the people who have been checking out my stuff will link to both of them here at the bottom of the message, 1 is 3 of the characts in different types of walk animations, and the same outfit but in different colors, the second was an animation test I ran in Daz, just a small 31 clip animation that runs front to back short and sweet. But I think it looks pretty cool.

As for the development part.... I actually have that planned out, a while ago the people who were watching my project voted to focus on one story arc and finish it out. But since the project is growing so drastically and I had to chance the interface a lot over the last month.... I decided to finish up the scene 2 info, and call that my tech Demo then everything after that will be the actual Alpha dev..... But I will work on the Shape shifter romance / seduction route first, then when that is done I will put in the dom pc / sub NPC route, then I will do the Psychic, then the Mage. Around this time I SHOULD have the code in for the Free form Char creation process. (I give the player than chance to mix and match, they get to choose what I am calling 1 Ultima power, 3 major powers, and 3 minor powers with 1 sed power, and 1 travel power.

After that I will move to scene 4, then scene 5. Scene 4 will cover the introduction of the Capital, if I remember right scene 5 will add some more of the base and focus on the actual story of the game, what is happening in the background and how the PC wants to do it. Scene 6 onwards will have a LOT more action, char's, and what not.

I want the next update to add in the Ski resort (Date location, where you can take 1 person each time it's open. It will only be open one day per week.) I also hope to have the pool mostly functional by Fri - Sat.

But I need to get back to working on the code, and images. )))) Still fighting with the Calendar, trying to figure out WHY it isn't updating the date when the PC goes to sleep.

- The x-mas gift, 3 sexy females bouncy walk.
- This was a test animation I did a few days ago, and I liked it so decided to share.

p.s.
About your comment about hording Ideas.... I used to do the same, then I started just creating folders on my computer for each idea I had. First I would build the world, then the reason for things being how they were, then add important people, then not so important people, then organizations, and finally stories behind everything so it all linked together...... That is how this started, I started planning out a project that was going to be almost like a TV series.... Which as I started learning to program I thought would be a great game.

Then I thought about the wider world and HOW the things would be possible in that universe, which lead me into developing the story for After Invasion. So I actually have 3 full blown stories that I am working on just for this. The first was what I am calling the Facility and the PC is the University Dean. Next is After Invasion which is my Primary project (The other 2 are just concepts, and writing atm, not going to do anything with em until I am a LOT farther along on AI.) The last will actually be a pro-log to AI, it covers a short story I did for the first Major Char I created for the game called Lusty Devil. In the short story she gets kidnapped and mentally broken, (She has a unique pheromone that a company wanted to turn into the first REAL sex cologne for men. So in the game breaking Lusty you play as the guy who kidnapped her (A very powerful Psionic in charge of one of the Mega corps that the PC will fight with in AI.) The game will soft end when Lusty is completely broken, then give a short montage of her imprisonment, then it will hard end with the male PC breaking her out.

Last edited:
OP
H

haspes23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Minor addition to the last post, I also got the Aura's working correctly. Didn't realize they weren't until yesterday LOL.

OP
H

haspes23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Small update, so I am getting pretty close to releasing the .55 update for everyone. But it is still a few days away from being ready at best, so I wanted to give anyone who was interested the current MOSTLY stable build. There are a few errors that crop up around day 3 in chat, and day 5 in the base. There is no new content at this point so it doesn't stop you from seeing what is there, but it gives you a nice glimpse of where things are going to be with the release I am currently working on.

If you visit my Patreon on my home page it has a list of upgrades, and fixed issues between this build and the one that I am currently working on.

But without further ado.

OP
H

haspes23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey man, just letting you know that Update .50b is ready.

I am still 2 - 3 days away from releasing .55 build, which will have a lot more images, the issues with .5b are fixed, and it has several new locations to visit, as well as several more scenes fleshed out.

OP
H

haspes23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Took a little longer to get this one ready that I had thought. But it is finally ready for play.

Here is the most recent version.

Change log is as follows.

New and updated images - around 150 total. Mostly centered around the Neighborhood conversations. But also some in the base, and in the new locations.

4 New locations - Forest Date /w Sister, Resort date, Downtown block 1 and 2.

New NPC - Killawat, Female Altered working on the Police force. Contact for Non-Agent PC's, eventually will be romancable.

Chat system has been brought to an almost final version, just need to get the edits done on the different choices to show personality adjustments.

Calendar is installed and fully Functional.

Aura's are fixed and fully working now.

Special scenes, and daily conversations are now functional. So you should find a TON of new content that was being hidden behind a bug I hadn't discovered yet.

I forget the total number of new scenes I added. But there is a new scene in downtown 2, the Altered PD (move your mouse around the middle of the map you will find 2 places you can interact), the forest date has a VERY brief scene basically introducing you to the area, but no real content is added yet. The Mountain resort has 1 interaction with the PC's Sister, but eventually several char's will have interactions there. The Forest date is accessed from the Base starting on day 4. The Mountain resort happens from the neighborhood, and allows you to visit it every thursday in game time. Atm, there is only the initial scene, but more content will be getting added every now and then.

Downtown is now only accessed from day 8 onward. Killawat will have interactions from day 8 - 15, but only the first is coded in.

I am testing a system that doesn't have all the boxes around the places you can interact, I am trying something new, so I can add some hidden locations in the future, as easter egg's or surprise content. I will also be using this system in the future for certain quests.

Anyways, ENJOY. As always if I made any mistakes or missed any bugs, fele free to let me know and I will get it fixed asap.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
H

haspes23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Good morning all,

For those that are following my progress tonight I will be pushing the next update.... Up.

Will be Version a.55b Has a few minor bugs, and 2 Game breaking bugs fixed (Details are on the front page of my Patreon at the top, with the notes of what I am working on, and what my status is.) But I'll also drop it here.

Okay First up, Calendar issue is resolved, minor code problem on my side.
(Caused NON-Shifters to skip days.)
===============
Game breaking bug in the Brothers room fixed, somehow missed adding an image that was needed to the folder. It's resolved now.
===============
3 minor issues reported to me from lovers lab, they are resolved now.
1: Issue with the image code not working right in the Sisters room on day 1, it showed a male if the PC was a female.
2: Accidently used the wrong name in one of Trey's scenes with mind reading, got it working right now.
3: When your talking to your mom in the Intro, there was a minor mistake on my side in the conversation between the PC and the mom if you were playing a female. For now in the intro the female PC is straight, and I missed fixing a few areas that referred to her dead ex as a female not a male.

Next what I have been working on BESIDES the few errors I hadn't squashed yet.

Text, getting conversations that have been neglected fleshed out.
In the Base here's the current status.
1 - Mom's room now has 5 of 7 days worth of entries. (1 Entry needs a little work, due to needing to change some code around (Need to make a Journal that you can read) will get it working in ver a.6)
2 - Sisters room has 3 days worth of entries.
3 - Brothers room has 2 days worth of entries.
Convo options - All but 3 Pleasure touch conversation options per char in the base were written up.
4 - Trey now has 6 days worth of Entries, there is still a little work on day 5. But it SHOULD be functional.
5 - Expanded on the First date to the Mountain resort, added 2 new places that the PC could visit. Still only 1 person to take there atm.
6 - Finished the First of the Sisters forest date scenes.
7 - Rearranged and tweaked a few conversations and special scenes in the Base, so they worked corrected.
8 - Started expanding on my initial notes for the second group of conversation options for the current people, but not even close to putting them in game yet. Also started the ground work for the next wave of NPC's conversations. Will be 4 or 5 new NPC's between the neighborhood and the base. (Will take effect when more work on Downtown (Scene 3) is done)
9 - Worked on a few renders for the Pool, and personal Prison. Will get them coded into the game in ver a.6
10 - Last thing I worked on for this update is Personality modifiers. Got them all fully coded in through the Intro, and the Neighborhood conversations. I will not be able to finish the base for this update.

Lastly - I will be putting up some test Renders of the pool, so people can see where I currently am with it, and how it looks. Will also be putting a few images up to show off the prison.

Have 4 new 4k Pics being worked on for my 10$ patrons, and still working on a more complete walk through for them.

OP
H

haspes23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Revision .55d is online now. (It's the bug fix for the .55c release.)

Total of 115 new images, around 60 grammar, spelling, and ID errors (The PC being addressed the wrong way), several major and game breaking bug fixes.

Found what was blocking Harry and Janet from being seen, as well as a bug that was causing the days to skip for certain Classes.

The new link is in the first post.

nightshad

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Harry and Janet do show up except there surprise images are messing or not able to load.

OP
H

haspes23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello there Nightshad:

I haven't done any work on the Janet and Harry content yet. They have special situations so they will be the last people I work on for week 1 content.

Right now I am about 2/3 done with the week1 content in the base, and about half way done with week 1 in the neighborhood. So they will be getting worked on soon.

OP
H

haspes23

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Okay my newest version is up online.

Link will be updated in the first post.

LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of new images between the last version I had linked here (Forgot to put the link up for the last couple versions). Almost 600 new images.

Lots of bug fixes on days 1 - 7, there is a known issue that I haven't addressed in week 2, this will happen when you enter the rooms to any of your family members in the base, I haven't coded them in yet.

As of right now there are no known game breaking bugs, and the issue above is the only point you need to scroll through your actions to get out of their rooms.

About a half dozen new scenes all but 1 is filled up with images. (That 1 being a scene I wrote yesterday and didn't get the images created yet.)