What's new

Barmaleus

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Akabur Games

The average Akabur fan
You can think anything, i consider myself not akabur fan, maybe average fan of akabur games. You are crying that akabur dont do anything for 12k, you dont see patreon Breeding Season with ~41k$, its mockery, this game shit of the shit in my opinion.

seyfer110

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Some arguments if you want them Crawdaddy

I really liked his last update to Witch trainer.... sure it was not much but i enjoyed it.
New clothing, new scenes, way better pacing and extras and Daphne scenes are also very good.
you liked someone else work then, because Akabur don't have anything to do with that update, it's a fan-made mod =P

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

After a month of nothing, here comes a new video of him (not) working on PT:G ..... But BHB is in good shape at least

Raredragon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

After a month of nothing, here comes a new video of him (not) working on PT:G ..... But BHB is in good shape at least
He just had to make that video, otherwise his patron amount will drop like dead flies, but I'm starting to think he actually works better with less income..

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Broken Heart Bordello, some project he dropped years ago, got picked by a guy named Smersh and Akabur's been doing some art for it while not working on PT:G

Raredragon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

He just streamed working on a black and white CG of Iris/some character similar, probably for Broken Heart Bordello

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Yeah, he just sent out another stream link. I'm pretty sure the image was for BHB, and I'm pretty sure he was inking the one I saw him drawing when I happened to be awake to catch a few minutes of his stream during the wee hours of Saturday morning. Sort of a trailer-y looking girl with her hair all flopped to one side and a bandana wrapped around her head. Has it been that same image every time?

Raredragon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, he just sent out another stream link. I'm pretty sure the image was for BHB, and I'm pretty sure he was inking the one I saw him drawing when I happened to be awake to catch a few minutes of his stream during the wee hours of Saturday morning. Sort of a trailer-y looking girl with her hair all flopped to one side and a bandana wrapped around her head. Has it been that same image every time?

Seems like it's the pirate girl character for BHB. Akabur is working! It's something guys!

ScottPilgrim

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You know, if you told me one year ago that Akabur would go all of 2015 without releasing a game I would have called you crazy. What a difference a year has made.

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You know, if you told me one year ago that Akabur would go all of 2015 without releasing a game I would have called you crazy. What a difference a year has made.
he wasnt gettn 15k a month for makin vids of his appartment.

Raredragon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just spent 2hrs yesterday and 2hrs today watching him ink and photoshop 2 CGs for BHB. Here's some screenshots.

TommyWalker

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just spent 2hrs yesterday and 2hrs today watching him ink and photoshop 2 CGs for BHB. Here's some screenshots.

I watched a bit of his stream the other day and I must say it was really relaxing and nice. He seems like a nice enough guy, and he was interacting a lot with his chat. The whole situation is still annoying, but it's good to remember he's not a monster :p

ReadDxD

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've honestly enjoyed these games alot, shame hes lazy enough that his games topic has the tag "Lazy".

Any other good training games around?

SHerring

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've honestly enjoyed these games alot, shame hes lazy enough that his games topic has the tag "Lazy".
And the funny thing is that I do not think that he is actually lazy. Just unmotivated. There was a time that he wanted to make these games, but that's in the past. He still has his skills and talents, but he seems no longer interested in making games. Money can be a powerful motivator, but he gets money even if he does not work, so it has little effect on him.

The difference between an amateur and a professional is that a professional manages to deliver work even if he doesn't feel like it. Akabur is no professional.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Any other good training games around?
That's the problem, not enough western games with the same idea. :( But I'm actually hopeful for "Belle trainer"... maybe we'll see other talented artists exploring the training/corruption genre in other games. :p

The difference between an amateur and a professional is that a professional manages to deliver work even if he doesn't feel like it. Akabur is no professional.
That's also the difference between someone driven by passion, and well.. Akabur. When I browse through dlsite, I see passion, when I wander in pixiv, I see passion. When I play PT, I only see laziness and unfinished potential. Dozen of interesting characters in Harry Potter lore to corrupt and train... and we only got a half finished game designated to be grindy as hell, and only one character to fiddle with. And chibis.

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Weird, all I see on Dlsite is RPGmaker upon RPGmaker with a dash of doujinvoice ...... :p

Raredragon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just a sudden realization after watching his stream again today.

1. He is really talented/skilled with photoshop and can create an entire set of facial expressions with relative ease in less than an hour

2. I asked him why not create CGs entirely in photoshop? Why you have to ink at all?

3. He answered along the lines of "It's not about how long it's gonna take, it's about quality of the work yadda yadda yadda"

I'm starting to feel like I was part of the problem by distracting him work like the other people who watch his streams.. but also feel like if he was intentionally stalling his working speed

IDK what feel is this bro, help me maybe?