Here are the reminder from last night's stream screencaps:

* Costumes for Iris and Lola "doll" states,

* A weird screen with numbers, probably gallery mode for the CGs/events

* "Doll" states and CG for BHB

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Akabur Games

Any random news on the Russian mod (1.5.3+) ?

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Empty update saying he's been working on PT:G (yeah sure) and a new Azalea wallpaper. After more than a month of streams and void.

ScottPilgrim

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It seems like his money total has gone down slightly, but I could be wrong. He's still getting far, far too much money for the amount of work he's done, though. A shame that Patreon doesn't force everyone to use the "pay when content produced" model, but they too have a vested interest in monthly Patreon campaigns since that means they get more cuts of the payments more often. Just a rather terrible situation all around where the power of greed outweighs the greater good of rewarding patrons better for their dollar spent while at the same time appropriately motivating content creators to actually work for their wages that are being crowd-sourced.

Raredragon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It seems like his money total has gone down slightly, but I could be wrong. He's still getting far, far too much money for the amount of work he's done, though. A shame that Patreon doesn't force everyone to use the "pay when content produced" model, but they too have a vested interest in monthly Patreon campaigns since that means they get more cuts of the payments more often. Just a rather terrible situation all around where the power of greed outweighs the greater good of rewarding patrons better for their dollar spent while at the same time appropriately motivating content creators to actually work for their wages that are being crowd-sourced.
Agreed on him being overpaid.

Just for comparison, America's very own honorary Japanese hentai sensei only gets 4kUS$/month

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, you can't force people to not give their money for nothing (and chicks for free :cool:): they are willing donators, and it's neither your money nor mine... so yeah, Akabur can count on patrons willing to pay for what he promises, and if they are blind enough to still pay him even today, well so be it. Also, remember the ;).
Time is against him though.

Last edited:

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

He was around 13K the last time I actually looked, so it has gone down quite a bit. Whether that's because people are getting impatient, or because he did housekeeping and there were quite a few failed pledges, who knows. It's probably some combination of the two. I doubt he had $1,500 worth of fake $1 pledges trying to get access to the feed, anyway.

xXHaseoXx

Tentacle God
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Question time:

By the way Akabur was talking about the new endings it seems you can end up with Iris and Lola, have a Harem Ending with all the females, the normal Jasmine one and I want to say one with Azalea but don't quote me on that last one.

If you could only choose 1 of the girls as a main focus who are you going to pick?

Jasmine

Lola

Iris

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

For the first playthrough I'll definitely go with Lola. Oh man she was such a tease in the original version. Blue balls doesn't even describe it...

ScottPilgrim

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Didn't Akabur say he ended up cutting out the Azalea stuff he had planned for PT:G?

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ That's Rose ..... He wasted about 2 months in-between updates and streams just for Azalea

mattius77

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, last I saw (August? September?) he was more than halfway done with Azalea's story.

mattius77

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Also.... trying to rewrite the dialog, and I'm encountering an error.

I'm trying to apply the rewrites I've done in Bitch Trainer to the Russian Mod of Witch Trainer, and I'm getting the following error.

"Cannot save: java.io.CharConversionException: Failed to encode the character
'U' (U+55) at column 128 in line 621 with the encoding "UTF-8"."

To be blunt, I have no idea what that means. It's weird that the Russian Mod has all of the dialog in one .rpa file, whereas Bitch Trainer has things broken out into a number of event-based files. (Which is, imo, the way to do it) But regardless, I can't save any of the changes I make to scripts.rpa in the Russian Mod, and it has me right fucked off.

Dickster

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Anyone tried Bitch Trainer Silver ed.? Just noticed it, but will be stuck at work for another 10 hours :mad:

loopy

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

'Silver Edition'???

Do tell...
It's Mo's latest mod, and it's just a bunch of broken add-ons, the largest of which is ripped from Akabur's Magic shop game as a replacement for the Dahr's oddities catalog. However, instead of being a proper shop, it's a storefront for the mail order business apparently, like when scouts sell you stuff. You pick what you want, pay, and then it turns up later, just as though you'd ordered it from the catalog. Everything else, including the new clothing was broken last I checked. He was supposed to be doing weekly updates. I never saw one myself, but it's a 4chan thing, and they'd rather hide stuff 4 levels deep in pastebins than make informative posts. So maybe it's come on some since the version I messed with.

Also.... trying to rewrite the dialog, and I'm encountering an error.

I'm trying to apply the rewrites I've done in Bitch Trainer to the Russian Mod of Witch Trainer, and I'm getting the following error.

To be blunt, I have no idea what that means. It's weird that the Russian Mod has all of the dialog in one .rpa file, whereas Bitch Trainer has things broken out into a number of event-based files. (Which is, imo, the way to do it) But regardless, I can't save any of the changes I make to scripts.rpa in the Russian Mod, and it has me right fucked off.
What text editor are you using? Or is this being thrown when you try to rebuild the .rpa or what? U+55 is just a Latin capital "U", so any text encoder should be capable of translating that to pretty much any character set used on Earth. Unless you're working directly with the .rpa as a text file, and the first few bytes indicate some weird encoding to the editor.

SHerring

Demon Girl
Reputation score

To be blunt, I have no idea what that means.
This is a Unicode error. The irritating thing about such errors is that they are system dependent. If a Russian guy is editing stuff on a computer with Russian language files, certain Unicode characters are automatically considered as part of the standard character set. If you then edit the files on another system, e.g. a US-based one, such characters are no longer part of standard characters and Java might stumble over them when they are used in a string.

That's all I know, though. My Java knowledge is too limited to tell you how to get around it, and anyway, you would probably have to adapt the code, and I assume you do not want to do that. You could get rid of all the Russian characters in the texts; that will probably help.