What's new

Alduris: The Unveiling

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Alduris: The Unveiling

Questions:
1) Can we manipulate our stats? IE: Can we take points out of some stats to add them to others?
2) For specializations, can we make our own using a similar template as the ones you made?
3) How will magic work? Is there going to be a spell list, or is is more like unarmed in that how well you hit things and how much damage you do is based on your skills, while we provide RP flavor text?
4) I'm guessing we don't start with any Feats. Am I correct?
5) All of the specializations you listed include 5-15% alterations to certain SPECIAL stats. Since they max out at 10, this is fairly insignificant. Might I suggest that you just have them add/subtract a point if you're going to have them manipulate the SPECIAL stats? Or maybe I'm reading them wrong, and they really mean to decrease all skills associated with the relevant stat by whatever amount.
6) Special was designed to run on 7 stats. Currently, this game has 8. This isn't really a big deal as far as I can tell, but maybe you'd want to combine two of the stats? Like I said, probably not a big deal, but if you're messing with the system already, it wouldn't hurt to give it some thought, so long as it wouldn't require any massive revisions.
7) Where do we get our armor and weapons at?
8) For the skills, I put 100% if it was unmodified and then changed that depending on what affect it. That's okay right?

Complete character sheet.
Name: Natalie
Race: Human

SPECIALS
Strength: 5
Perception: 5
Endurance: 4 * 95% = 3.8
Charisma: 3
Intelligence: 7 *105% = 7.4
Agility: 7
Luck: 4
Spirit: 10

Derived Stats
Action points: 5 + AGI = 12
Critical Chance: LUK% = 4%
Damage Threshold: Armor = 0
Health: 20 + (END x 4) = 35.2
Mana: 20 + (SPI x 3) + INT = 57.4
Stamina: 100 + (END x 8) = 130.4
Physical Resistance: Damage Threshold + END = 0 + 3.8 = 3.8
Mental Resistance: Damage Threshold + (END/2) + (INT/2) = 0 + 1.9 + 3.7 = 5.6
Melee: (Weapon damage / [Points below req STR + 1]) + (STR/2) = 2.5
Ranged: (Weapon damage / [Points below req AGI + 1]) + (AGI/2) = 3.5
Unarmed: (Unarmed skill/5) + (STR/2) = 1.8 + 2.5 = 4.3

Skills
Alchemy – Primary stat: Intelligence = [(14) + (0)] * (100%) = (14)
Barter – Primary stat: Charisma = [(6) + (0)] * (100%) = (6)
Destructive Magic – Primary stat: Spirit = [(20) + (0)] * (110%) = (22)
Dodge – Dual stats: Agility, Endurance = [(11) + (0)] * (100%) = (11)
Explosives – Primary stat: Perception = [(10) + (0)] * (100%) = (10)
Guns – Primary stat: Agility = [(14) + (0)] * (85%) = (11.9)
Lockpick – Primary stat: Perception = [(10) + (0)] * (100%) = (10)
Medicine – Primary stat: Intelligence = [(14) + (0)] * (100%) = (14)
Melee – Primary stat: Strength = [(10) + (0)] * (100%) = (10)
Regenerative Magic – Primary stat: Spirit = [(20) + (0)] * (100%) = (20)
Repair – Primary stat: Intelligence = [(14) + (0)] * (100%) = (14)
Sneak – Primary stat: Agility = [(14) + (0)] * (100%) = (14)
Speech – Primary stat: Charisma = [(6) + (0)] * (100%) = (6)
Survival – Primary stat: Endurance = [(7.6) + (0)] * (100%) = (7.6)
Unarmed – Dual stats: Strength, Endurance = [(5 + 3.8) + (0)] * (100%) = (8.8)

Specialization
Sorceress: 10% increase to destructive magic with a 5% increase to Intelligence but a 15% decrease to guns and a 5% decrease in Endurance.

Faults – Create At Least Two

Frightening Reputation: You have something of a bad repute, whether it be rumors that you like taking late night walks through the local cemetery, might have slept with someones husband, or are allegedly doing any number of other things that have earned the ire of the locals. -10% to Speech when attempting to get someone to trust you, but +5% when you attempt to intimidate someone. (Needs approval)
Sensitive: You happen to enjoy sex, even if your mind says you don't want to. +5% damage taken against sexual attacks.

Physical Description:
About 5 foot 5 inches tall, with incredibly pale skin and straight raven-black hair that falls to just past her shoulders. She is fairly thin, since most of the meat on her goes either to her D-cup breasts or to her ass. Her eyes are blue-gray, and her features would have been exceptionally beautiful if she'd taken better care of them.
Her standard garb includes black lace panties beneath a simple, tight skirt that reaches halfway down her thigh and a thin, almost see-through short sleeve shirt which barely hides a bra that matches her panties. On her feet, she wears thick woolen socks under her leather boots, the only part of her clothing for which she'd decided on practical function over style.

Basic Personality Description:
Being a novice practitioner of the dark arts, Natalie didn't have many achievements to speak of other than to get kicked out of a minor academy. She is headstrong and arrogant, and has a subconscious obsession with demons, such that she'd likely be fairly open to being manipulated by one if she ever met one. She's never put much value on words, so she's unlikely to keep any promise she's made unless it fulfills her own interests, and she's never done anything with an altruistic motive. As such, she finds it difficult to trust others, and tends to keep to herself unless she wants something that requires human contact. What's more, she's never been shy about her body, especially if she can use it to get something that she wants, so she's been fairly promiscuous for most of her adult life.

Home Description:
While she'd always envisioned grand ruins of castles or ancient magical keeps when she'd first been learning about magic, the reality of her career in black magic hadn't been quite so successful or glamorous up until now. To be frank, she lived in a hovel, with few material possessions that she didn't carry around with her. She lives in a small stone hut with only two rooms. In the main room, a handful of low quality quartz crystals and tools lie scattered on a table that sits in the center with a poorly built chair sitting next to it, and a small cot sitting in the corner farthest form the door. All in all, the room is at most twenty feet across and six feet tall. The second room is a kitchen, with a small iron wood burning stove with a chimney that reaches out of the roof of the hut, and a few door-less cupboards sitting along the opposite wall which contain her meager supplies of food and alchemical ingredients. Other than that, her home was bare, with a single glassless window covered by a creaky wooden shutter, and a single wooden door that she could barely open, since it had been constructed so poorly.
Her home is the farthest from the village center, and so a wooden stick with two buckets tied to it sits outside of her hut for carrying water, and a small outhouse sits thirty feet away, which she has to clean regularly by hand.

Inventory:
Damaged Dagger: 2 damage per AP, AGI +1
Clothing: 1 Damage Threshold, +3 to Speech, 5 Durability
1 Large Drink
1 Large Meal

Spells:
Shadow Lance(Beam): Cost: .6x
At her command, a tendril of shadow appears in front of Natalie and streaks toward a designated target, bending itself around any obstacles before attempting to drive itself into the targets chest.

Burst of Flame(Radial): Cost: x
A leftover form her earlier magical training, Natalie summons a burst of flame around herself to burn nearby enemies.

Shocking Touch(Touch): Cost: .5x
Another relic of her years in magical training, Natalie brushes her fingers against her foes and delivers a shock that they won't soon forget.

Agony Warp(Touch): Cost: x + 3.2, Duration 2 rounds, decreases targets Agility by 2.
The first spell she ever created on her own, the spell is meant to cripple her foes with debilitating pain with a single touch while also siphoning off some of their life force.

Unholy Scream(Radial): Cost: 3x + 18, Duration 3 rounds, decreases victims Endurance by 3.
A weapon of last resort, Natalie calls upon the spirits of the netherworld to issue a horrifying scream that deafens her enemies. Any living creature that hears her vile call and is unable to resist it has a part of their soul torn from them.

Blightning(Cone): Cost: x
Another spell of her own making and the one with which she did the most damage when she escaped from the academy, streaks of black and red lightning arc from her extended fingertips toward her foes.

Spread The Ashes(Distance Radial): Cost: 2x
Having never developed a taste for radial spells, since they required so much energy, Natalie none-the-less created one, if only to have one in case it was needed.

Escape(Touch): Cost: 4.8, Duration 3 rounds, Increases Agility by 2
While she'd never payed much attention in her lessons about beneficial magics, Natalie had developed this little spell before her escape, knowing that greater speed might one day come in handy.

You Cannot Flee(Beam): Cost: 1.2x + 4, Duration 2 rounds, Decreases Agility by 2
At times, Natalie had found it necessary to hunt for food. Unfortunately, she'd never quite got sneaking down all that well, so she developed this little spell, which not only harmed her prey, but also slowed it down and prevented it from escaping as tiny slivers of shadow tear into the targets muscles.

Last edited:
OP
Twisted1

Twisted1

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Questions:
1) Can we manipulate our stats? IE: Can we take points out of some stats to add them to others?
2) For specializations, can we make our own using a similar template as the ones you made?
3) How will magic work? Is there going to be a spell list, or is is more like unarmed in that how well you hit things and how much damage you do is based on your skills, while we provide RP flavor text?
4) I'm guessing we don't start with any Feats. Am I correct?
5) All of the specializations you listed include 5-15% alterations to certain SPECIAL stats. Since they max out at 10, this is fairly insignificant. Might I suggest that you just have them add/subtract a point if you're going to have them manipulate the SPECIAL stats? Or maybe I'm reading them wrong, and they really mean to decrease all skills associated with the relevant stat by whatever amount.
6) Special was designed to run on 7 stats. Currently, this game has 8. This isn't really a big deal as far as I can tell, but maybe you'd want to combine two of the stats? Like I said, probably not a big deal, but if you're messing with the system already, it wouldn't hurt to give it some thought, so long as it wouldn't require any massive revisions.
7) Where do we get our armor and weapons at?
8) For the skills, I put 100% if it was unmodified and then changed that depending on what affect it. That's okay right?

Currently incomplete character sheet.
Phew! Good set of questions!
1) I was originally wanted you all to keep five in each SPECIALS stat and then put in five however you want, but I guess I don't mind if you change them. Just keep in mind that you can very easily gimp yourself and that you will probably need quite a few different stats.
2) Specializations: Originally, no. But sure, IF I feel it is balanced. Try to keep from making anything too overpowered, that's all.
3) Make up your own spells with formulas I will provide shortly.
4) You are correct, you start with zero feats.
5) I should have clarified: in this game, there is no max on SPECIALS stats. That is something I am definite about. That way, we can play for a long time if I can keep everything functioning properly. These stats will go much higher than before and function somewhat more like regular RPG stats.
6) I can't see any immediate problems with having eight categories, other than people perhaps overspecializing and not getting enough other SPECIALS stats (like a mage forgoing Strength entirely) -- but you will definitely face troubles if you don't level your other stats.
7) I'll create weapons and armor for you once I get the story started -- until then, you will be unarmed. (If your character never goes anywhere without a weapon, she'll be attacked and her weapon will be somehow rendered useless.)
8) Yes, use 100% if it is unmodified and raise/lower that as required.

Also, your custom Fault (Frightening Reputation) is APPROVED.

EDIT: Thanks for all the intelligent questions, Tass. I welcome any more you or other players may have!

Last edited:

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thanks for answering my questions, I've got a few more.
1) How would you like us to round? From what you said, I'm guessing we recalculate our stats whenever we level up, so do we round naturally, always round up, or always round down?

2) My idea for my specialization was this:
Sorceress: 10% increase to destructive magic with a 5% increase to Intelligence but a 15% decrease to guns and a 5% decrease in Endurance.
Sort of encapsulates that a person reliant on magic wouldn't be using weapons, and probably wouldn't be all that tough.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Tass covered most of the things I was going to mention, but..
1. How should I handle the decimals?
2. I think you mixed up nearsighted and farsighted.

Character Sheet: Catherine

Name: Catherine Redmond

SPECIALS
Strength: 4.8
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 5
Intelligence: 5
Agility: 5
Luck: 5
Spirit: 10.5

Derived Stats
Action points: 5 + AGI = 10
Critical Chance: LUK% = 5%
Damage Threshold: Armor = 1
Health: 20 + (END x 4) = 40
Mana: 20 + (SPI x 3) + INT = 56.5
Stamina: 100 + (END x 8) = 140
Physical Resistance: Damage Threshold + END = 6
Mental Resistance: Damage Threshold + (END/2) + (INT/2) = 6
Melee: (Weapon damage / [Points below req STR + 1]) + (STR/2) =
Ranged: (Weapon damage / [Points below req AGI + 1]) + (AGI/2) = 4.5
Unarmed: (Unarmed skill/5) + (STR/2) = 4.4

Skills
Alchemy – Primary stat: Intelligence = [(10)+(0)]*(100%)=(10)
Barter – Primary stat: Charisma = [(10)+(0)]*(100%)=(10)
Destructive Magic – Primary stat: Spirit = [(21)+(0)]*(110%)=(23.1)
Dodge – Dual stats: Agility, Endurance = [(10)+(0)]*(100%)=(10)
Explosives – Primary stat: Perception = [(10)+(0)]*(100%)=(10)
Guns – Primary stat: Agility = [(10)+(0)]*(100%)=(10)
Lockpick – Primary stat: Perception = [(10)+(0)]*(100%)=(10)
Medicine – Primary stat: Intelligence = [(10)+(0)]*(100%)=(10)
Melee – Primary stat: Strength = [(9.6)+(0)]*(85%)=(8.2)
Regenerative Magic – Primary stat: Spirit = [(22)+(0)]*(100%)=(22)
Repair – Primary stat: Intelligence = [(10)+(0)]*(100%)=(10)
Sneak – Primary stat: Agility = [(10)+(0)]*(95%)=(9.5)
Speech – Primary stat: Charisma = [(10)+(0)]*(100%)=(10)
Survival – Primary stat: Endurance = [(10)+(0)]*(100%)=(10)
Unarmed – Dual stats: Strength, Endurance = [(9.8)+(0)]*(100%)=(9.8)

Specialization
Scholar: 10% increase to destructive magic with a 5% increase to Spirit but a 15% decrease to melee weapons and a 5% decrease to Strength.

Clumsy: If there is something in your path to stumble over, chances are you'll bump into it. -5% to Sneak.

Nearsighted: Sometimes, things far away are a little blurry. When not wearing glasses, you lose 5% accuracy against all targets beyond a short radius around you.

Physical Description:
5'3'' with pale skin, curly red shoulder length hair, and a slender figure. She wears a green robe with golden embroidery over a simple white cotton bra and panties. When outside, she is never without her glasses.

Having completed the formal portion of her training as a mage, Catherine opted to stay in the service of her academy by tending to one of the small libraries in its possession. She spends her time alternating between ensuring everything is in order and studying to improve her own abilities. She is warm and greeting to the few visitors she does get, despite her reclusive nature.

Home Description:
A couple of miles from the nearest town, the library is a sturdy two story structure made of stone with large oaken double doors. The first story has only a couple of windows and is dominated by bookshelves which cover every wall and most of the floorspace. Next to the entrance sits Catherine's desk, which is covered in a confusing mass of piled books. In the back of the room, a flight of stairs leads up the second floor where the living quarters are. There is a small kitchen and fireplace on the second floor, along with a small bedroom which contains only a simple bed and a dresser with some books laying around on the floor. Outside the library, there is a small garden and a dirt path leading off to the road to town.

Inventory:
Clothing: 1 Damage Threshold, +3 to Speech, 5 Durability
Weathered Bow: 2 damage per AP, medium range
One large meal and one large drink

Spells:
Mage's Fireworks(Beam): Cost: .6x
Several orbs of multicolored light appear around Catherine and shoot towards a single target, exploding violently on contact.

Electrical Storm(Radial): Cost: x
Catherine causes bursts of lightning to shoot out from every direction and strike nearby foes.

Scorching Touch(Touch): Cost: .5x
With a touch of her hand, Catherine causes a nearby enemy to be consumed in an otherworldly blue flame.

Spikes of Ice(Cone): Cost: x
The moisture in the air in front of Catherine hardens into hundreds of tiny nail like icicles, which shoot outwards hitting all targets in front of her.

Ball of Lightning(Beam): Cost: 1.8x+15
A ball of lightning forms next to Catherine and hurls itself at a single enemy and clinging to them. The shocks cause the targets muscles to spasm, lowering Strength by 5 and doing damage for 3 turns.

Titan's Breath(Touch): Cost: 12
Catherine uses her mana to bolster the strikes of herself or an ally, increasing Strength by 5 for 3 turns.

Mending(Touch): Cost: 2.5x
While the Academy usually leaves healing to actual healers, it does teach some basic healing spells. Catherine imparts a lingering healing spell on herself or an ally, healing x damage each turn for 5 turns.

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Leita Jormont, the Red Knight
Name: Leita Jormont

SPECIALS
Strength: 8
Endurance: 7
Charisma: 5
Intelligence: 4
Agility: 8
Spirit: 3

Derived Stats
Action points: 5 + AGI (-1 for Armor) = 12
Critical Chance: LUK% (+ 5% for Weapon) = 10%
Damage Threshold: Armor = 3
Health: 20 + (END x 4) = 48/48
Mana: 20+(SPIx3) + INT = 33/33
Stamina: 100 + (END x 8) = 156/156
Physical Resistance: Damage Threshold + END = 10
Mental Resistance: Damage Threshold + (END/2) + (INT/2) = 9
Melee: (Weapon damage / [Points below req STR + 1]) + (STR/2) = 40
Ranged: (Weapon damage / [Points below req AGI + 1]) + (AGI/2) = ?+4
Unarmed: (Unarmed skill/5) + (STR/2) = 7

Skills
Alchemy – Primary stat: Intelligence = (4*2) -0.16 = 7.8
Barter – Primary stat: Charisma = (5*2) = 10
Destructive Magic – Primary stat: Spirit = (3*2) = 6
Dodge – Dual stats: Agility, Endurance = (8 + 7) = 15
Explosives – Primary stat: Perception = (5*2) = 10
Ranged Weapons – Primary stat: Agility = (8*2) - 2.4 = 13.6
Lockpick – Primary stat: Perception = (5*2) = 10
Medicine – Primary stat: Intelligence = (4*2) -0.16 = 7.8
Melee – Primary stat: Strength = (8*2) + 1.6 = 17.6 (16.8 when using heavy lance)
Regenerative Magic – Primary stat: Spirit = (3*2) = 6
Repair – Primary stat: Intelligence = (4*2) -0.16 = 7.8
Sneak – Primary stat: Agility = (8*2) = 16
Speech – Primary stat: Charisma = (5*2) = 10
Survival – Primary stat: Endurance = (7*2) = 14
Unarmed – Dual stats: Strength, Endurance = (8+7) +0.75 = 15.75

Specialization –
Warrior: 10% to melee weapons with a 5% increase to Strength but a 15% decrease to ranged stats and a 5% decrease to Intelligence.

Faults –

Sensitive: You happen to enjoy sex, even if your mind says you don't want to. +5% damage taken against sexual attacks.
Gallant: You are haughty, and are compelled to show your worth. You feel people should treat you with respect, and when they don't, you tend to lose your cool. -10% to Speech when dealing with people who are being rude to you. You also find the idea of retreat difficult unless it is in the face of overwhelming odds. You will be the first to rush in and the last to give ground. Your stubborn refusal to give in lends you some inner strength, and in situations where you are outnumbered, you gain + 10% Physical Resistance.
Guilty Pleasure: You have had a recurring fantasy that has haunted your dreams for many years. You have heard of the existence of tentacled monstrosities that mate with human women, and rather than being repulsed by the idea, you find it extremely arousing. +15% to pleasure damage when being assaulted by tentacles.

Physical Description:
Leita is a somewhat tall girl by her birthright, standing at 5 feet 9 inches. She has fiery red hair that would cascade down to her shoulder blades if it were not done up in a pony tail. Years of training in the sun have given her a nice tan, and she is in exceptional athletic shape. Her ample breasts are normally wrapped tightly against her chest with straps of cloth to allow her better martial movement, and her fine hour glass figure is sometimes hidden behind her armor.
She is normally adorned in her knightly armor, which includes a tinted red breastplate, inscribed with the symbol of the Holy Spear, matching armguards, shin guards, and helm. Underneath, Leita prefers to wear dark underwear, form fitting tights, and a red and white sleeveless martial dress that will always allow her exceptional movement.

PICTURE:
In full battle mode, hair loose.

Posing in light armor with hair done up normal.

Our heroine's recurring fantasy.

Leita is a General's daughter from a powerful fief. While not royalty herself, Leita is part of the aristocracy by birth and was determined to join the order of Holy Knights to follow in the footsteps of her father and older brother. Her personality is a complex tapestry woven by the instilled duty of a military family, the rigid code of honor instilled by the knightly order, the out-of-touch aloofness of aristocratic living, and the inferiority complex of being a gifted but overlooked female warrior in a man's profession. Leita is overconfident, but not loud with her boasts. She just detests people not giving her her due. She has worked hard to be a knight, and she wants recognition.
She has had little time for men, except for besting them on the battlefield. She can't deny she has desired some of the more fit warriors, but she would never allow them to touch her, for fear of simply being discarded as a mere woman. She identifies with her fellow soldiers, and doesn't think much of weak-willed women. Her sexual preference is slanted towards men, but she is attracted more to confidence and martial beauty than to any particular gender.

Home Description:
Leita's home was a beautiful keep that overlooked local woodland and a massive riverside township. Her father owned the estate and organized the local militia. A temple dedicated to Saint Lugh of the Spear is the heart of the knightly order where Leita has been training. It is located on a hill on the north side of the town. There were some valuables both in the keep and the temple, but likely most of the spoils would have been taken. There was a hidden room in the basement of the keep that led to an escape tunnel. If there were similar hidden parts of the temple, Leita isn't aware of them.

Inventory:
Damaged Heavy Blade (Polearm): Dmg 3, +5% critical, -5% accuracy
Metal Armor: Threshold - 3, -1 AP
1 Large Wineskin filled with Elderberry Juice.
1 Large Food Ration of salted river trout and dried mango.

Weapon Techniques:
Spear/Lance Fighting Styles (Only applicable if equipped with a spear/lance, only one style may be adopted at a time.)

Method of the Bloody Talon - Strikes cause bleeding damage (10% of original strike's damage is caused every round thereafter until victim heals, or staunches the wound with a dedicated round action.)
--Mana Activation Cost: 5, Fatigue Drain 1d3 per round used. (Needs Approval)

Method of the Fading Mind - Strikes deal normal damage, and 50% of that damage is furthermore taken from victim's mana pool.
--Mana Activation Cost: 5, Fatigue Drain 1d3 per round used. (Needs Approval)

EDIT: Added Leita's Special Techniques.

Last edited:
OP
Twisted1

Twisted1

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Both of your Specializations are APPROVED.
1)Round naturally.

Quartz said:
Quartz said:
FUUUUUUUUUUU!

But I wear glasses... What is this I don't even... Thanks for pointing that out to me. ><'

Also, Specializations are officially open for you guys to create, I was sorta planning on making my own but I like lumping the work onto you guys instead -- and I like giving you even more customization! I'll update my character sheet post accordingly.

EDIT:
BlueSlime said:
Here is my entry. I felt a little hemmed in by the three specialization choices - what if I wanted to play a ninja who can fight melee and throw shurikens? But I ended up going with a knight concept instead.
Yeah, they were not intended to be the only choices. Feel free to redo your character and create your own if you wish, provided it follows a similar format as the examples given.

EDITx2:
BlueSlime said:
Gallant: You are haughty, and are compelled to show your worth. You feel people should treat you with respect, and when they don't, you tend to lose your cool. -10% to Speech when dealing with people who are being rude to you. You also find the idea of retreat difficult unless it is in the face of overwhelming odds. You will be the first to rush in and the last to give ground. (Needs approval, and possibly some sort of compensation bonus for being compelled to put oneself in harms way.)
Your Fault (Gallant) is APPROVED. If you want to keep that Fault but are worried about recompense... Well, give me some suggestions. I do rather like your idea so far!

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, they were not intended to be the only choices. Feel free to redo your character and create your own if you wish, provided it follows a similar format as the examples given.
Thanks, but that's okay. I like my knight/lancer character. Everyone so far is playing a mage. I'll be the tank. :D

OP
Twisted1

Twisted1

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Thanks, but that's okay. I like my knight/lancer character. Everyone so far is playing a mage. I'll be the tank. :D
Good, good. I like variety in my tentacle assault victims! :D

EDIT:
I had forgotten to put the actual Mana stat up on the character sheet, but here it is with its formula:
Mana: 20 + (SPI x 3) + INT =

Please include it under Health, like where I will have placed it on the sample character sheet in a minute or two.

My spell formulas:
As best I can tell, there are typically five types of spells. I have made a very crude set of formulas for each type:

Range & Damage: low=2, med= 3, high/long=4
Number of Targets: one target = 2; few targets=3; multiple = 4

Touch: low range, high damage, one target, low cost :2*4*2=16
Cone: Med range, med damage, a couple targets, med cost: 3*3*3=27
Beam: long range, low damage, one target, med cost 4*2*2=16
Radial: Around caster; Med range, low damage, many targets, 3*2*4=24
Distant Radial: Around targeted area; Long range, low damage many targets 4*2*4=32

These numbers would then be used to calculate an appropriate cost (at the moment, dividing each of these numbers by two to get the Mana cost makes the most sense to me). My goal is to enable the caster to power up their created spells to make them stronger or weaker as they want. Damage would use a formula including things like the caster's level, offensive/regenerative magic skill level, the opponent's level and magical resistance, the rating of the spell type's damage (low/med/high), and so forth.

But, um, I'm falling asleep, so I'm going to head to bed and finish this up tomorrow morning. If you guys get up before (or stay up later), feel free to comment as you please.

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I've added a Physical Resistance compensation to the Gallant Flaw - the desire to rush in an defy the odds will lead to a lot of outnumbered situations, so to make that flaw manageable, against physical attacks when outnumbered, her resistance is increased. Note: this would only be active if she was being attacked by more than one physical opponent. 1 on 1 cancels the effect and it doesn't do anything against magical attacks.

Added Mana to my character's sheet.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I updated my character sheet.

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Go ninja, go ninja, GO!

Name: Kiriko

SPECIALS
Strength: 6
Endurance: 6
Charisma: 6
Intelligence: 5
Agility: 9
Spirit: 3

Derived Stats
Action points: 5 + AGI = 14
Damage Threshold: Armor = 2, durability 8
Health: 20 + (END x 4) = 44
Mana: 20+(SPIx3) + INT = 34
Stamina: 100 + (END x 8) = 148
Physical Resistance: Damage Threshold + END = (2+6)=8
Mental Resistance: Damage Threshold + (END/2) + (INT/2) =(2+3+3-0,375)=7,2
Melee: (Weapon damage / [Points below req STR + 1]) + (STR/2) =(3+3)=6
Ranged: (Weapon damage / [Points below req AGI + 1]) + (AGI/2) =
Unarmed: (Unarmed skill/5) + (STR/2) =(2,4+3)=5.4

Skills
Alchemy – Primary stat: Intelligence = (5*2)= 10
Barter – Primary stat: Charisma = (6*2)= 12
Destructive Magic – Primary stat: Spirit =(3*2)-0.9= 5.1
Dodge – Dual stats: Agility, Endurance = (9+6) = 15
Explosives – Primary stat: Perception = (5*2)= 10
Ranged Weapons – Primary stat: Agility = (9*2)+1.8= 19.8
Lockpick – Primary stat: Perception = (6*2)= 12
Medicine – Primary stat: Intelligence = (5*2)= 10
Melee – Primary stat: Strength = (6*2)+1.2= 13.2
Regenerative Magic – Primary stat: Spirit = (3*2)-0.9= 5.1
Repair – Primary stat: Intelligence = (5*2)= 10
Sneak – Primary stat: Agility = (9*2)= 18
Speech – Primary stat: Charisma = (6*2)= 12
Survival – Primary stat: Endurance = (6*2)= 12
Unarmed – Dual stats: Strength, Endurance = (6+6)= 12

Specialization –

Weapon Master: +10% to melee & ranged weapons, -15% to destructive & regenerative magic
Faults –

Masochistic: When damaged, takes an additional 10% of the damage dealt in stamina damage due to arousal from pain
Weak-willed: Kiriko's harsh ninja training's made her somewhat submissive. -5% to mental resistance

Inventory:
Worn katana
Leather armor
Large meal
Large drink
Ruby
5 gold

Physical Description:

5'3 tall, Kiriko has an exotic eastern countries look to her. Her body is firm and athletic, results of many years of training the ninja ways. Her eyes are greenish blue, and she keeps her long brown hair in a ponytail most of the time. Kiriko's preferred attire is a skin-tight purple bodysuit, with some dark lacquered metal plates to cover her forearms, shoulders, legs and chest. Her weapons consist of a slightly shorter than normal katana, various shuriken and a short bow

Piccie

Having spent most of her life in her small ninja village, Kiriko is still adjusting to the outside world. She's slightly shy and awkward, but very polite in her dealings with other people. Like her training would suggest, she doesn't talk much and tries to get less attention to herself as possible. Still, if complimented for something, she usually comes blushy and bothered about it

Home Description:

Kiriko's home was a small shack in her village. Sliding wooden doors, a raised floor with a fireplace and a cooking pot in the middle, and a set of drawers to store belongings in the corner.

Last edited:

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

coming soon...

Character Sheet:

Name:
SPECIALS
Strength: 3
Perception: 7
Endurance: 8
Charisma: 4
Intelligence:7
Agility: 7
Spirit: 4

Derived Stats
Action points: 5 + AGI =12
Damage Threshold: Armor =
Health: 20 + (END x 4) = 44
Mana: 20 + (SPI x 3) + INT = 32
Stamina: 100 + (END x 8) = 164
Physical Resistance: Damage Threshold + END = 8 +
Mental Resistance: Damage Threshold + (END/2) + (INT/2) = 8 +
Unarmed: (Unarmed skill/5) + (STR/2) =

Skills
Alchemy – Primary stat: Intelligence =
Barter – Primary stat: Charisma =
Destructive Magic – Primary stat: Spirit =
Dodge – Dual stats: Agility, Endurance =
Explosives – Primary stat: Perception =
Guns – Primary stat: Agility =
Lockpick – Primary stat: Perception =
Medicine – Primary stat: Intelligence =
Melee – Primary stat: Strength =
Regenerative Magic – Primary stat: Spirit =
Repair – Primary stat: Intelligence =
Sneak – Primary stat: Agility =
Speech – Primary stat: Charisma =
Survival – Primary stat: Endurance =
Unarmed – Dual stats: Strength, Endurance =

Last edited:

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Pardon my forgetfulness, but how many points are we granted for character creation? I am going to try to put out a char sheet.

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

If you want to do it the standard Fallout way, put 5 in everything and after that you got 5 points. You can of course reduce some stats to move the points to other stats

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Good, good. I like variety in my tentacle assault victims! :D

EDIT:
I had forgotten to put the actual Mana stat up on the character sheet, but here it is with its formula:
Mana: 20 + (SPI x 3) + INT =

Please include it under Health, like where I will have placed it on the sample character sheet in a minute or two.

My spell formulas:
As best I can tell, there are typically five types of spells. I have made a very crude set of formulas for each type:

Beam: long range, low damage, one target, med cost 4*2*2=16
Distant Radial: Around targeted area; Long range, low damage many targets 4*2*4=32

These numbers would then be used to calculate an appropriate cost (at the moment, dividing each of these numbers by two to get the Mana cost makes the most sense to me). My goal is to enable the caster to power up their created spells to make them stronger or weaker as they want. Damage would use a formula including things like the caster's level, offensive/regenerative magic skill level, the opponent's level and magical resistance, the rating of the spell type's damage (low/med/high), and so forth.

But, um, I'm falling asleep, so I'm going to head to bed and finish this up tomorrow morning. If you guys get up before (or stay up later), feel free to comment as you please.
How about Chain? And how do you define distances?

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Character Sheet:

Name: Izumi

SPECIALS
Strength: 2
Perception: 8
Endurance: 2
Charisma: 8
Intelligence: 8
Luck: 7
Spirit: 2
Distribute 45 points in any way you like.

Derived Stats
Action points: 5 + AGI = 13
Critical Chance: LUK% = 7
Damage Threshold: Armor = Leather Armor 2 Threshold 8 Durability
Health: 20 + (END x 4) = 28
Mana: 20 + (SPI x 3) + INT = 34
Stamina: 100 + (END x 8) = 116
Physical Resistance: Damage Threshold + END = 2+2=4
Mental Resistance: Damage Threshold + (END/2) + (INT/2) = 2+1+4=7
Melee: (2) + (2) =4?
Ranged: N/A
Unarmed: (Unarmed skill/5) + (STR/2) = 1

Skills
Alchemy – Primary stat: Intelligence = 16
Barter – Primary stat: Charisma = 16
Destructive Magic – Primary stat: Spirit = 4
Dodge – Dual stats: Agility, Endurance = 10
Explosives – Primary stat: Perception = 16
Guns – Primary stat: Agility = 16
Lockpick – Primary stat: Perception = 16
Medicine – Primary stat: Intelligence = 16
Melee – Primary stat: Strength = 4
Regenerative Magic – Primary stat: Spirit = 4
Repair – Primary stat: Intelligence = 16
Sneak – Primary stat: Agility = 16
Speech – Primary stat: Charisma = 16
Survival – Primary stat: Endurance = 4
Unarmed – Dual stats: Strength, Endurance = 4

Specialization: Master Thief- +10% increase to Agility and Perception related Skills, -5% to Melee Attacks
Faults: Shiny! - You find it a little hard to concentrate on the important things when wealth is in sight. Lose 5% accuracy against targets when something valuable is in the area.
Sensitive: You happen to enjoy sex, even if your mind says you don't want to. +5% damage taken againstsexual attacks.

Physical Description: Izumi stands about 5'8" has long brown hair tied into twin braids, red eyes, and wears a black bodysuit underneath of a black modified kimono with a red bow. One of her eyes is covered with a ruby red heart shaped eye patch. She also wears long fingerless leather gloves with metal plates on the front and long Black boots.

Personality Description: Izumi is a consummate perfectionist when it comes to her trade. She is an expert thief who takes pride in what she does. She is also very proud and cannot turn down a challenge when it is presented to her. She is also very loose and out going. She enjoys getting drunk in a pub, gambling, eating, and when extremely drunk can be an exhibitionist, enjoying the freedom of nudity. Above all else she cherishes her freedom and if captured will try her hardest to break free to enjoy her freedom again, if escape is not possible she will slowly become weak willed and depressed.

Home Descpription: Izumi comes from a large eastern looking city, full of traditional Japanese looking homes, She lives in a large abandoned temple out in aforest where she keeps her loot, secluded from the rest of the population.

Inventory: She carries a grappling hook, a katana, smoke bombs, lock picks, and other thieving gear.

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

will there be a technique or special move system for us fighty folk?

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Thought I'd try doing a support character, so here's Emilia, a bardish type.
Name: Emilia

SPECIALS
Strength: 3
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 8
Intelligence: 4
Luck: 6
Spirit: 6
Distribute 45 points in any way you like.

Derived Stats
Action points: 5 + AGI = 13
Critical Chance: LUK% = 6
Damage Threshold: Armor =
Health: 20 + (END x 4) = 36
Mana: 20 + (SPI x 3) + INT = 42
Stamina: 100 + (END x 8) = 132
Physical Resistance: Damage Threshold + END =
Mental Resistance: Damage Threshold + (END/2) + (INT/2) =
Unarmed: (Unarmed skill/5) + (STR/2) =

Skills
Alchemy – Primary stat: Intelligence = (4*2) = 8
Barter – Primary stat: Charisma = (8*2) = 16
Destructive Magic – Primary stat: Spirit = (6*2) = 12
Dodge – Dual stats: Agility, Endurance = (8+5) = 13
Explosives – Primary stat: Perception = (5*2) = 10
Guns – Primary stat: Agility = (8*2) = 16
Lockpick – Primary stat: Perception = (5*2) = 10
Medicine – Primary stat: Intelligence = (4*2) = 8
Melee – Primary stat: Strength = (3*2) = 6
Regenerative Magic – Primary stat: Spirit = (6*2) = 12
Repair – Primary stat: Intelligence = (4*2) = 8
Sneak – Primary stat: Agility = (8*2) = 16
Speech – Primary stat: Charisma = (8*2) = 16
Survival – Primary stat: Endurance = (5*2) = 10
Unarmed – Dual stats: Strength, Endurance = (3+5) = 8

Specialization – Create One
Performer: Increase of 10% to charisma, agility, and endurance based skills, but a 5% decrease to strength, intelligence, and spirit.

Shiny!: You find it a little hard to concentrate on the important things when wealth is in sight. Lose 5% accuracy against targets when something valuable is in the area.
Thin-skinned: You've always had an aversion to pain, and now your paying for not learning to deal with it. Take 5% more damage from physical attacks.
Center of Attention: You love when everyone is looking at you, and you love to give them reason to. Deal 10% less damage to targets that aren't attacking you, but gain 5% to dodge.

Physical Description:
Whether it's due to lucky parentage or her preoccupation with her appearance, Emilia is generally considered a beautiful young lady. Light blonde hair falls gently down to her waist, and her big blue eyes shine with mischief. Her hourglass-figured body curves delightfully in all the right places, inspiring lust in men and envy in women. Her soft, light skin is nearly flawless, covering her large breasts, toned stomach, and wide hips with nary a blemish or scar to be seen.
Making a living as a singer, dancer, and acrobat, Emilia prefers light clothing, both for it being easy to move in, as well as often revealing. One of her favorite outfits is a red a blue silk shirt and skirt combo, though they are more revealing than a normal set of clothes. The shirt is tight, sleeveless, and ends high on her chest, showing off the very bottoms of her breasts, while the skirt is cut high up the thigh, to show off her legs when she moves. She likes to wear thin sheer gloves and stockings to complete the set, with soft shoes meant more to allow her to control her footing than protect her feet. She generally wears skimpy, patterned underwear, something that protects her modesty, but gives anyone lucky enough to see it a nice view.

sample pic:

At an early age, Emilia became enamored with the dancers and actresses that traveled in carnivals through her small town. Watching the crowds stare at them with wonder, she longed to receive the same kind of attention., mostly due to her large family. She practiced night and day so that she might someday be as graceful and beautiful as the performers she admired, often to the detriment of other, sometimes more practical, skills.
Along with the desire for attention that being in a large family brings, Emilia also soon learned the importance of money, using her burgeoning skills to coax coin from onlookers. The more she got, the more she loved getting it. Unfortunately, in addition to giving most of her money to help support her family, she was pretty bad at holding onto what she could keep, leading her to need more. Still, despite her lust for money, she never was able to move into the seedier acts, shying away from using her body for anything more than teasing.
Generally an easy-going, fun loving, girl, Emilia was never one for fighting. She ended up having an affinity for flashy things though, and took a liking to magic, though she never became as accomplished as some people she knew. Despite having seen some of the darker sides of humanity, she remains an optimist, and is trusting, which sometimes lands her in awkward situations. She is understandably narcissistic, though she tries not to be obnoxious or mean-spirited.

Home Description:
While not exactly poor, Emilia's large family had to stretch their earnings thin to hold on to their shabby house. Built on the outskirts of town, Emilia's family house is run down and falling apart, in contrast to how Emilia maintains her own appearance. The wooden walls lost their paint long ago, and any damage is sealed up with wooden boards. The inside is fairly simply. A front room which doubles as a dining room, a kitchen, and three bedrooms in the back. The rooms are split between the four boys, the six girls, and Emilia's parents. The decorations are spartan: a large bed in each bedroom and a few chests for Emilia and her siblings clothes. The front room has several chairs, and an old wobbly table to eat on, while the kitchen has only a counter and a cabinet for food. Out in the woods nearby is an outhouse, that Emilia does everything in her power to avoid.

Inventory
I'm leaving the skills unmodified until Twisted approves my faults/specialization. Let me know if anything is wrong!

OP
Twisted1

Twisted1

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

So, uh, I just "discovered" CoD Black Ops online multiplayer, lol... I didn't really expect to spend like 7 hours on it, but oh well.

Anyway, here we go.
xivvix said:
Performer: Increase of 10% to charisma, agility, and endurance based skills, but a 5% decrease to strength, intelligence, and spirit.
Hm. This Specialization seems very interesting -- trading a flat 10% increase to certain skills for a flat 5% decrease in the stats that power other skills. This seems alright to me. APPROVED.

xivvix said:
Shiny!: You find it a little hard to concentrate on the important things when wealth is in sight. Lose 5% accuracy against targets when something valuable is in the area.
...​
Center of Attention: You love when everyone is looking at you, and you love to give them reason to. Deal 10% less damage to targets that aren't attacking you, but gain 5% to dodge.
The first Fault strikes me as a little off (how, exactly, will you determine if something valuable is in the area -- enemies won't exactly be parading around their gold crowns or anything, heh), but could be workable. The second Fault is a little confusing to me. You gain 5% to dodge when attacking targets that aren't attacking you? If so, that works for me.

Help me clarify your Faults a little and I'll approve them.

BlueSlime said:
will there be a technique or special move system for us fighty folk?
Yes, I'm going to have several in-game characters who can teach you special moves for melee and ranged weapons, and you will start with two abilities (that you will create). [I'll post tomorrow with some details.] You'll also be able to create your own moves (with appropriate advantages and disadvantages) in exchange for feats -- just like casters.

KakkaHousu said:
Faults –

Masochistic: When damaged, takes an additional 10% of the damage dealt in sexual damage (approval needed)
I have previously decided that I won't count sexual damage as a separate number, but that it will be counted using Fatigue. When your Fatigue is zero, you are either unconscious or about to get raped into unconsciousness.

Sorry for getting off-topic, but I guess I hadn't worked that out in my head yet! Your Specialization and Fault are APPROVED.

Forget all these formulas! Make your own spells -- I've got to get this story started! (And give you people armor and weapons, of course.)
Tassadar said:
How about Chain? And how do you define distances?
And herein lies the majority of my work on this RP for the night.

First things first: I think I'll be keeping my initial workings from last night.

Beam: long range, low damage, one target, low cost 4*2*2=16

Distances are defined in general terms. Low range is a few feet around you, medium range is a few yards around you (minus low range), far range is several yards away from you. And of course, there is an extreme range after that that you will be unable to hit.

The question about chain spells (which I assume to mean something like Chain Lightning) leads me to another point of customization I have been pondering in my head. Buffs, debuffs, and spell effects will be options you can choose at will. Basically, the whole point is that I want you to build your own spells from the base up -- I only want to provide you with the framework to make your own spells.

[highlight]Spell-Crafting Calculations:[/highlight]
Variables used:
x = spell power (you decide how much to put in)
y = # of points increased/decreased
z = subtotal cost (after all calculations with x and y are completed)
A = subtotal cost before effects but after duration costs are calculated

Spell Damage:
Touch: x/1.6 damage -- one target
Cone: x/2.7 -- a few targets in an area in front of you
Beam: x/1.6 -- one target
Radial: x/2.4 -- all targets within a circular area around the caster (low-med range)
Distant Radial: x/3.2 -- all targets within a circular area anywhere you can hit

Damage over Time cost: z/[1.25(rounds DoT lasts)], may be either on target or on surroundings where target was hit.

Skill Modifications (buffs/debuffs to skills) Mana Costs:
(Range cost & target cost = doubled, like in SPECIALS modifications)
Touch: 1.6y + x
Cone: 5.4y + x
Beam: 3.2y + x
Radial: 9.6y + x
Distant Radial: 12.4y + x

Duration formula: z * (# of rounds buff or debuff lasts - 1) [buffs/debuffs last a minimum of two rounds]

SPECIALS Modifications (buffs/debuffs to SPECIALS) Mana Costs:
(Range cost & target cost = doubled, like in skills modifications)
Touch: 1.6y^2 + x
Cone: 5.4y^2 + x
Beam: 3.2y^2 + x
Radial: 9.6y^2 + x
Distant Radial: 12.4y^2 + x

Duration formula: z * (# of rounds buff or debuff lasts - 1) [buffs/debuffs last a minimum of two rounds]

Additional spell effects:
Binding (hold in place): A*(number of rounds held)
Chain (as in chain lightning): 2A
[more to be added as necessary/suggested]

Basically, when you learn a spell, you learn a combination of an element (fire, ice, debuff, nature); a choice of damage, buff, or debuff, or specific combination; and a method of delivery (cone, touch, etc). For example, a basic fireball spell could be either a beam using a fire element to deal direct damage or a distant radial using a fire element to deal direct damage to multiple targets.
EDIT: Just to keep things straightforward, you make pick as many of the above spell components and combine them. For example, a chain lightning spell that was cast as a beam but dealt damage over time for three rounds, and reduced Strength by 3 and Ranged Weapons by 5 for three rounds would be calculated thusly: 2([(x/1.6)/[1.25(3)] + 2[5.4(5)] + 2[5.4(3^2)]). If I pump in 1.6 for the damage aspect, I will get a cost of (oh jeez, where's my calculator)... 302.9, and would deal one damage but also give targets -3 strength and -5 to ranged weapons. Whereas if I had just made a chain spell that reduced Strength by three it would have cost me... 3.2(3^2)... Okay, so the numbers are way too high. I'll work on this again tomorrow.

Whew! That was a lot of brainstorming. I apologize to anyone who expected this to start as soon as I got character sheets in, but I'm making this up as I go! As always, please leave critiques, comments, and c... okay, so I can't think of a word that starts with c for "ideas..." and I'll get to you some time soon.

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Don't frazzle yourself out with making systems perfect. The important bit is the story (and the ero). I like the idea of simple spell and martial move customization. If any player makes something too powerful, you have the right as the GM to step in and scale it back. Whatever works and keeps the game paced nicely. Don't bog it down in maths.

Also: "contemplations" or "considerations" could have worked. ;)