What's new

RPG [Amatsuchiya] サキクエ / Saki Quest (RJ088540)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwanako

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Saki Quest (Out now!!!!)

Appearently I'm doing something wrong at installing.

Whenever I try to run the game, it loads a black screen, and after give or take thirty seconds it ends up with an error detailing:

Umeplus Gothic (string of japanese text).

Using my very limited google-fu skills, I managed to determine that it's a japanese font file, but that's about as far as I got.
Now, I tried the following individually and together;
>Running the pc in japanese unicode
>Adding the missing umeplus gothic file to RPGmaker VX Ace
>Adding the same file to the game itself
>Trying to run the game via administrator, after doing the above mentioned steps
> Un-And reinstalling rpgmaker and the game itself.

Do note that I am aware that it was compressed when downloaded, and it got unzipped using 7zip.

Anyone got an idea about what I have been doing wrong?

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Appearently I'm doing something wrong at installing.

Whenever I try to run the game, it loads a black screen, and after give or take thirty seconds it ends up with an error detailing:

Umeplus Gothic (string of japanese text).

Using my very limited google-fu skills, I managed to determine that it's a japanese font file, but that's about as far as I got.
Now, I tried the following individually and together;
>Running the pc in japanese unicode
>Adding the missing umeplus gothic file to RPGmaker VX Ace
>Adding the same file to the game itself
>Trying to run the game via administrator, after doing the above mentioned steps
> Un-And reinstalling rpgmaker and the game itself.

Do note that I am aware that it was compressed when downloaded, and it got unzipped using 7zip.

Anyone got an idea about what I have been doing wrong?
Hmmm, that's VERY odd, you've essentially done exactly what I would have told you. funny enough I've been having a weird issue in translating Parallel fantasy where it's not recognizing Japanese letters until I compile the game.

If anyone else has this problem let me know, it MIGHT be on my end but I don't know.

Edit: Wait, VX Ace? This is just a VX game, that might be the problem.

What the heck do I do in this game? Was able to work at bar 1 time.. nothing happens in school or anywhere else.. been killing racoons and fox now level 3 but I can't find anything to do! How do I start? Janitor says nothing.. teacher says nothing.. I am completely lost!
Fight your way through the forest, there's 2 levels inside it, you should find a scene at the very end of the second level where the red haired girl get's knocked unconscious, that's when the game starts proper.

settlers

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Hmmm, that's VERY odd, you've essentially done exactly what I would have told you. funny enough I've been having a weird issue in translating Parallel fantasy where it's not recognizing Japanese letters until I compile the game.

If anyone else has this problem let me know, it MIGHT be on my end but I don't know.

Fight your way through the forest, there's 2 levels inside it, you should find a scene at the very end of the second level where the red haired girl get's knocked unconscious, that's when the game starts proper.

I to had the same problem then I saw your edit bit so I downloaded both RPG maker VX and XP now I can play it

thanks

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I to had the same problem then I saw your edit bit so I downloaded both RPG maker VX and XP now I can play it

thanks
Yeah I was almost sure it was a VX game, it's very confusing that they have VX and VXAce

Iwanako

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

QUOTE]

That was indeed the issue. Curse me and my regular updating to the newest stuff.

Regardless, thanks for helping me out.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That was indeed the issue. Curse me and my regular updating to the newest stuff.

Regardless, thanks for helping me out.
No problem, easy mistake to make I always have to be up to date as well :p , plus considering VX and VXAce are almost the same engine it would explain why it didn't tell you it had the wrong RTP, it ran the game alright but had scripting errors because they're built differently.

SebR

Reputation score

Did you extract and play using Japanese locale or Applocale?
I had my locale on my location and didn´t installed Applocale, so I changed to Japanese locale and installed Applocale. Tried to play again with both ways and still the error appears.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I had my locale on my location and didn´t installed Applocale, so I changed to Japanese locale and installed Applocale. Tried to play again with both ways and still the error appears.
You don't need applocale if you're in Japanese locale.

Also, don't just try to play the game, Unzip the original file while still in japanese locale then play that new version instead. Should work then.

SebR

Reputation score

You don't need applocale if you're in Japanese locale.

Also, don't just try to play the game, Unzip the original file while still in japanese locale then play that new version instead. Should work then.

Thank you Monkeyman767, now it works. I had done all that already, but the mistake was I unzipped it while I was in the not-japanese locale. Did everything again in japanese locale and now there is no error anymore :)

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thank you Monkeyman767, now it works. I had done all that already, but the mistake was I unzipped it while I was in the not-japanese locale. Did everything again in japanese locale and now there is no error anymore :)
No problem, it was a file name error. Pretty common when it's unzipped in non-japanese locale. I still do it myself all the time :D Enjoy!

molitar

Lurker
Reputation score

What is the best or easiest way to get discipline points?

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

What is the best or easiest way to get discipline points?
Leveling up is the only way to get points, you get 5 points per level, in the first forest alone it's easy enough to level up to level 7 which means you can afford at least one skill before you're even in the first dungeon.

molitar

Lurker
Reputation score

Ok I am level 13 and I am still getting my butt kicked by the level 3 area. Any tips on how to defeat the flowers without going through tons of of the finest healing?

Stats:
Level 13
Hit Points 617
Spell Points 69
Attack 63
Defense 32
Lust 147
Agility 42
Hit rate 100
Evasion rate 7
Critical rate 4
Skill Sets 6
Total Skill only 7 though so can't even use the skill sets available

Equipment:
Mithril Sword
Uniform
Skirt
White Underwear
Heros Bracelet

Skills:
Cure
Burst
Helmet Split
Four Strikes
Quick Step
Spirit Armor
Spirit Weapon
Flame
Blizzard
Spark
Showgirl
Non-Virgin

How can I find better clothes? As you can see my defense sucks. I just can't seem to get any further with her and just seem to be grinding away for nothing. Only real event was janitor, gang rape, and the guy who got her pregnant so she had a child.

What am I missing there has to be more things for her to do to get better clothes and more total skills to be able to use all her skill slots. How can I get her GP up also I need 30k to upgrade shop another level and it's very slow increasing only at around 15k now. Please advise thanks.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

no clothes.

just kill stuff and level up.

oh, and you want more gp? kill stronger stuff.

simple as that

Rolfson

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ok I am level 13 and I am still getting my butt kicked by the level 3 area. Any tips on how to defeat the flowers without going through tons of of the finest healing?

Stats:
Level 13
Hit Points 617
Spell Points 69
Attack 63
Defense 32
Lust 147
Agility 42
Hit rate 100
Evasion rate 7
Critical rate 4
Skill Sets 6
Total Skill only 7 though so can't even use the skill sets available

Equipment:
Mithril Sword
Uniform
Skirt
White Underwear
Heros Bracelet

Skills:
Cure
Burst
Helmet Split
Four Strikes
Quick Step
Spirit Armor
Spirit Weapon
Flame
Blizzard
Spark
Showgirl
Non-Virgin

How can I find better clothes? As you can see my defense sucks. I just can't seem to get any further with her and just seem to be grinding away for nothing. Only real event was janitor, gang rape, and the guy who got her pregnant so she had a child.

What am I missing there has to be more things for her to do to get better clothes and more total skills to be able to use all her skill slots. How can I get her GP up also I need 30k to upgrade shop another level and it's very slow increasing only at around 15k now. Please advise thanks.
First, go to the house off the road between the towns. The second room has a magic dagger that always strikes an opponents weak point, allowing you to kill most enemies with one attack.

Second, let them come to you from a diagonal. They inevitably try to get to a direct diagonal before moving to to your left or right. When they do move next to you, loop around and hit them from behind for first strike.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

If you want to sorta cheat at it:
Have at least one hit-all spell ready.
Wear normal clothing so you can get harass more before rape.
Fight a group of enemies you can kill in 1 spell cast.
Defend/heal until they strip you naked.
Once you're stripped naked, kill all the enemies with spell.

Repeat to build up lust, eventually you'll have enough lust to kill things rather quickly.

Alternatively, grind for money, go up to the rooftop of school, buy lots of +defense stat booster from the 'cat'.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you want to sorta cheat at it:
Have at least one hit-all spell ready.
Wear normal clothing so you can get harass more before rape.
Fight a group of enemies you can kill in 1 spell cast.
Defend/heal until they strip you naked.
Once you're stripped naked, kill all the enemies with spell.

Repeat to build up lust, eventually you'll have enough lust to kill things rather quickly.

Alternatively, grind for money, go up to the rooftop of school, buy lots of +defense stat booster from the 'cat'.
The cat's not unlocked until after you beat the game for some reason.

molitar

Lurker
Reputation score

First, go to the house off the road between the towns. The second room has a magic dagger that always strikes an opponents weak point, allowing you to kill most enemies with one attack.

Second, let them come to you from a diagonal. They inevitably try to get to a direct diagonal before moving to to your left or right. When they do move next to you, loop around and hit them from behind for first strike.
Ok but since this house has a level 4 barrier so when you say room do you mean the barrier area or is there a way to re-enter a home bypassing barrier when you want to?

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ok but since this house has a level 4 barrier so when you say room do you mean the barrier area or is there a way to re-enter a home bypassing barrier when you want to?
No he means the barrier, it's a LOT of work to get it, there's another dagger in the first dungeon (the one star dungeon) that's good for lower levels. It's over on the very left in the first room.

molitar

Lurker
Reputation score

Ok but what do I now? I reached the magic dagger.. finished boss 3.. got to second level of molestation on the train and the bar. Only has 2 more trainings with janitor to max that.. upgraded store fully.. BUt I have found nothing new to do. Teachers don't talk to me about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.