What's new

RPG [Amatsuchiya] サキクエ / Saki Quest (RJ088540)

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfog

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: Saki Quest (Out now!!!!)

If he holds off the CG/Scene viewer than the inevitable second release will have a little more meat to it than "I fixed some typos. Peace.".
Yeah, and the scene viewer, although certainly very nice as independent content, wouldn't really take away from the main game if it were missing.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, and the scene viewer, although certainly very nice as independent content, wouldn't really take away from the main game if it were missing.
Damn, everyone's making great points for both sides here! Alright, I'm gonna sit down tonight and do the last few scenes ( The sleep ones and the purple haired demon) and hopefully I can get it out the door then.

There's gonna be a second release anyway no matter what I do, the perfectionist in me demands that the grammar and spelling be good and I know I won't be able to spot everything myself as , to be honest, I realllllly don't want to play through the game fully again, translating it has kinda killed my love for it ( Well not really it's still one of my favourite games, I just need a break from it)

Reputation score

Monkey, if you haven't already checked your PMs, I've sent you yet another gift. I won't say it's the Holy Grail, but damn is it a whopper. Hope you enjoy it.

Also, I'd find it amusing if this gift of mine happened to delay your progress. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it, but it seems like it'd be funny for some odd reason.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Monkey, if you haven't already checked your PMs, I've sent you yet another gift. I won't say it's the Holy Grail, but damn is it a whopper. Hope you enjoy it.

Also, I'd find it amusing if this gift of mine happened to delay your progress. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to it, but it seems like it'd be funny for some odd reason.
whats the point you posting here if you already pmed him? Atleast you could write whats the gift you sent him.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Haha so would I! Nah, think I'm gonna finish translating before I even think about more games, I'd just get distracted! I have a massive stockpile of games waiting for me when I finish though :D

CloudXDP

Lurker
Reputation score

Not to impose or anything, but how much longer you think you got left? Must feel like the last hurdle is the longest, huh?

Texas

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Im also curious about when it will be ready for us to "play" :p No rush though just knowing when christmas arrives would be nice haha.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not to impose or anything, but how much longer you think you got left? Must feel like the last hurdle is the longest, huh?
Good god yes, I'm on common event 751 of about 800, I'm genuinely within maybe about 4 hours of finishing it, but it's driving me nuts, I can barely look at it, but that said, expect it some time tonight or early tomorrow, I'm gonna pull an all nighter on it if it kills me :p

IronAnt

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Good god yes, I'm on common event 751 of about 800, I'm genuinely within maybe about 4 hours of finishing it, but it's driving me nuts, I can barely look at it, but that said, expect it some time tonight or early tomorrow, I'm gonna pull an all nighter on it if it kills me :p
Don't deprive yourself too much. I find your commitment admirable though, anyway.

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Don't deprive yourself too much. I find your commitment admirable though, anyway.
Well it's just at this stage it's driving me nuts, and I hate delaying it too long. Though if I find my quality dropping as I get too tired I will stop. Seriously you should have seen some of the really early stuff I wrote, yeesh.

Texas

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yes, thank you for your commitment to translating it. I know i wouldnt have been able to do so.

CloudXDP

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, good luck to ya. And as I said before: You got this Sonic!

Reputation score

Well it's just at this stage it's driving me nuts, and I hate delaying it too long. Though if I find my quality dropping as I get too tired I will stop. Seriously you should have seen some of the really early stuff I wrote, yeesh.
If you ever do anything like this, keep it to small things. Saki Quest is the same size as Annie Quest and Futago Quest combined (data only; ignoring the images), so it's pretty massive.

Most RPG Maker games have data files in the 1.5-3.5 MB range, usually around 2-2.5. Saki Quest is 4.5-5, so it's quite large. Honestly speaking, I feel the smaller ones are often more satisfying.

Then again, that size can be deceiving. I hear Vitamin Quest is a relatively short game, though the data files for that are a whopping 18-19 MB. It's because the creator has such redundant code. He made his H-scenes differ by a single line or two depending on whether the character wore clothes or not and whether or not they were pregnant and then copy/pasted the entire thing into nested conditional branches. Mind you, with what I cleaned up in the translated files I posted (which are bugged because the scripts aren't done and there was no bug testing done), it was only about 3-4 MB smaller.

Also, comparing VX and VX Ace files is different by nearly a factor of 2, I think. Quite a bit of compression/cleanup in Ace, I guess.

I'm rambling. End!

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sorry for the double post, but I figured this was worth it.

I pulled an all nighter, and as of last count, there is a grand total of 6 events left to translate, that's right folks, it's pretty much done :D

I would love to keep going but I know if I did they would be crappy translations and after all the hubbub I made about proper grammar and such it wouldn't seem right to rush it.

But, long story short. The release date is tomorrow!

...or...you know, today depending on how you look at it, it's not tomorrow for me until I sleep.

triacom

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sorry for the double post, but I figured this was worth it.

I pulled an all nighter, and as of last count, there is a grand total of 6 events left to translate, that's right folks, it's pretty much done :D

I would love to keep going but I know if I did they would be crappy translations and after all the hubbub I made about proper grammar and such it wouldn't seem right to rush it.

But, long story short. The release date is tomorrow!

...or...you know, today depending on how you look at it, it's not tomorrow for me until I sleep.
Gald to hear it, thank you so much for translating this, although you are probably asleep by now, and if you aren't, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.