What's new

VN/TEXT [Amolphas] Zanjibaru / 斬死刃留

BlueShinobi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

First and foremost,
It is the single best review of an H-Game I have ever read.

But, because some of you won't, I'll list highlights here
Characters

Yae Mizushira

A young girl who has recently transferred to Ashihara Academy, she is an exceptionally skilled demon hunter and magic user. She can also summon a shikigami named Oshirasama, a flying white serpent that can vary his size from tiny to over a meter in width and can also transform into a sword. Having suffered debilitating and disfiguring injuries, her father has withdrawn from public life, leaving Yae as the head of the prominent and once-powerful Mizushira family. Whimsical, outwardly cheerful, and more than a bit naive, she is currently struggling with balancing her own life, her responsibilities as a demon hunter, and the pressure of restoring her family’s prestige, and at times she is prone to bouts of depression and feelings of inadequacy.

Shino

Yae’s maid, she has taken care of the younger girl for as long as Yae can remember. Besides her skill at cooking, washing, and grooming Yae, she is also exceptionally skilled with all types of small arms and rocket launchers. She is also Yae’s chauffeur and is proficient at tactical driving. Shion is fanatically loyal to her mistress and lives only to serve her, but her calm, gentle nature hides a multitude of secrets.

Crow

An inscrutable, soft-spoken young girl with a mysterious background. Yae and Shino are acquainted with her but know nothing about her other than that she seems to have some magical ability. She has a peculiar awareness of the events going on in Tokyo, and as time goes on, she reveals more about herself and her past.

Miku Kusaka

Yae’s childhood friend, current classmate at Ashihara Academy, and her apprentice. She yearns to become a full-fledged demon hunter but is hindered by her deficient magical ability. She is headstrong, sullen, and more than a bit jealous of her friend Yae. One fateful night, a vengeful, ancient spirit named Himiko possesses her body, sparking the events of the story.

Kyoko Kusaka

A young woman and Miku’s cousin, Kyoko wanted to become a teacher after finishing college but failed the teacher’s license examination. Instead, she became a freelance demon hunter and is currently working undercover at Ashihara as the school’s nurse. While she can be sharp-tongued and teasing, she is warm, brave, and considerate. Much more of a realist than an idealist, her matter-of-fact nature conceals a history of professional disappointment and personal tragedy. While she possesses some magical talent, particularly over fire, she more often tussles with a katana and a machine pistol. She also makes a really lousy cup of coffee.

Plot overview:
Zanjibaru takes place in an alternate universe where at the end of World War II, the Japanese government awakened demons in Tokyo to unleash upon the Allies. Their plan succeeds and Japan prevails in the conflict. However, twenty years after the end of the war, abnormalities begin to occur, and demons rampage throughout Japan, particularly in the Kanto region. While battling the demon infestation, Japan loses much of its territory.

Without much in the way of gameplay, a visual novel has to feature engaging characters and an interesting plot, and Zanjibaru does a very good job in both respects. The characters resemble stock stereotypes – Yae is the naive young girl, Shino is the maid, Kyoko is the older sister, and Crow is the borderline loli – but they never devolve into the expected moe archetypes. Indeed, Yae, Shino, Kyoko, and Crow are all intelligent, strong female characters. Yae threatens to slide into the helpless anime girl stereotype but happily recovers before completely doing so. And also thankfully, Crow never becomes a tsundere, despite possessing most of the identifiers of such; she starts out taciturn and enigmatic, but develops an appealing sense of humor.

Despite featuring a large female cast, there is no yuri in the game, which is a loss in one sense since the characters are attractive, but I think it’s to the game’s ultimate benefit as it seems much less exploitative that way. I admire that the game’s creators made that decision; it shows that they were more interested in telling the story and developing the characters on their own terms rather than trying to fit them into common archetypes.

Includes save file(not preinstalled, but has instructions on what to do).
Includes jpeg CG rip in separate file
Use to decompress. WinRar may not work properly.

You need to have the region and language setting set to Japanese or the game will not install properly. You can also use applocal to treat a particular application as though your system is in Japanese. See for how to do this.

Features:
Stlye: Visual Novel
Language: Japanese (no English translation will likely ever occur)
Audio: HScenes voiced, regular scenes partially voiced
Animated: No
Apx length: 35 hours
Number of HScenes: apx 45
Gallery Mode: Yes

By popular request, CG set separate from game

The game does come with a gallery mode, complete save and is voiced for the H-Scenes. Better than just pics IMO.

Added a save file with instructions separately for those of you who downloaded it elsewhere and are looking for one.

Last edited by a moderator:

finale00

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [Amolphas] Zanjibaru 2gb [MF]

It is the single best review of an H-Game I have ever read.
I usually just head over to check out the CG's and ignore what people write. Well, I glanced at the review, but not really sure what sets it apart.

But there doesn't seem to be lossless CG sets, so I will download this game and get some lossless CG for archiving because the character designs are really nice. I wonder if it comes with stands.

+ for MF.

OP
BlueShinobi

BlueShinobi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It's over 10,000 words long and summaries the entire story. It takes a half hour to read. I have never seen a review that verbose without being pedantic.

I forgot to add that it does contain a CG, but you are correct, it's just high quality jpeg, not loseless.

finale00

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Looks like it uses a strong encryption than regular xp3's. Hmm..anyone? lol

Last edited:

Minerve

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Say: I tried to unzip the files but I cannot ("Unspecified Error"). Am I the only one?

finale00

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I used 7zip worked fine.

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I almost want to download this to see more of those CG's. I've seen other novel/RPG threads that eventually someone put a link to some site that showed them any chance of this? Suppose I should have saved that site....

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

CG set

finale00

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Anyone have an unpacker? I want to see the rest of the resources lol

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

CG set

I see what you did your not funny just a meany who likes to make pandas cry.

Wessex

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Huh? Whats funny? It wasn't meant to be offensive... I use ex instead ge because the filter is much lighter there.

OP
BlueShinobi

BlueShinobi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Added CG as a separate file on top post(at bottom). The game has the CG, just an archive in the main folder. I think I also covered the main issues with decompresser and installation(no one mentioned it, but I'm sure it will come up).

Amenaso

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Very nice game. Thank you.

Nucleargum

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ive downloaded every file except #8, because I apparently don't have access. Would anyone be able to upload it or give an alternative?

OP
BlueShinobi

BlueShinobi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

^ Sorry about late response.

CPTKeith

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Pretty neat, I should add this on my collection. The least of my favorite character here is Yae. Not only that the character please me but also the genre of this game "I like something rape and hardcore especially on the characters that I really attract".

Say does this game contains Guro?

OP
BlueShinobi

BlueShinobi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

That's fine. I already called dibs on Yae :D I actually like Kyoko's look the best, but her voice actress doesn't really suit her IMO. Sounds a bit like Remi from Black Lagoon.

Say does this game contains Guro?
No guro in this at all.

CPTKeith

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

That's fine. I already called dibs on Yae :D I actually like Kyoko's look the best, but her voice actress doesn't really suit her IMO. Sounds a bit like Remi from Black Lagoon.

No guro in this at all.
Although Kyoko is my least 2nd favorite character here. I'm also a fan of girls in blades such as "Shana, Nakoruru and Himari.

It's good that it doesn't contain at all I just notice the insane stretching /\_/\ which is great.