What's new

Anime: Highschool of the Dead

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Anime: Highschool of the Dead

It may have just been me, but did anyone else see the number of zombies around them changing? Like as soon as they started coming at them, there was about a dozen and a half. Then when it came to Saeko about to slash them all to bits, I saw about 4.

I can only guess that the zombie actors either died, or were sacked, and had to be 'cut' from the official airing.

OP
UrbanKirasagi
Reputation score

It may have just been me, but did anyone else see the number of zombies around them changing? Like as soon as they started coming at them, there was about a dozen and a half. Then when it came to Saeko about to slash them all to bits, I saw about 4.

I can only guess that the zombie actors either died, or were sacked, and had to be 'cut' from the official airing.
Well she went immediately for the back-most zombie, and then went after some of the stragglers, so it took the rest of that group of zombies a while to get to her because they had to turn around. And they did show her killing basically all of them lol.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

This episode really impressed me. Probly my favorite so far. Never mind that it's let me connect with Saeko on some issues me and her share. I also like the Sarah Conner esque top she had going there. Too bad she changed back to her uniform.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

got to see the episode finally lastnight and i loved it. couple parts amde me laugh a little but it kept its serious tone enough to keep me happy about it. plus i always like learning more about Saeko

OP
UrbanKirasagi
Reputation score

And in other news, Saeko's final comment of "I'm getting wet!" from Episode 9 has evolved into a meme of it's own:

Not to mention the new Embarrassality that the show introduced us to in that episode: The Tit Squeeze Of Doom.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Latest episode wasn't too bad, but I'm reminded of why I hate Shido.

OP
UrbanKirasagi
Reputation score

Does, however, look like we now know how the series will progress, since it's only 12 episodes:

11 will be the arrival of Shido and all the drama that entails.

12 will be the EMP, the zombies breaking in, and the escape from the compound, leaving us with an evil cliffie until the next season.

Last edited:

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

i thoght i read someone saying the series was gonna be 13 or 14 episodes long?

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Does, however, look like we now know how the series will progress, since it's only 12 episodes:

11 will be the arrival of Shido and all the drama that entails.

12 will be the EMP, the zombies breaking in, and the escape from the compound, leaving us with an evil cliffie until the next season.
Could have put those in spoiler tags meanie. I never read the manga I don't know what's going on.

I hate having endings and such spoiled for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
UrbanKirasagi
Reputation score

Could have put those in spoiler tags meanie. I never read the manga I don't know what's going on.

I hate having endings and such spoiled for me.
Eh? what do you mean? I put them in spoilers...

i thoght i read someone saying the series was gonna be 13 or 14 episodes long?
I've only seen it listed as 12 episodes so far.

Pale

Reputation score

Has anyone else noticed, that apart from the jiggling breast-monsters of doomz, the backgrounds are beautifully drawn?

I mean, the sky alone is comparable to Makoto Shinkai.. and the people are much better than his. For those of you not familiar with Shinkai, he did Beyond the Clouds (The Place Promised In Our Early Days) and 5 Centimeters Per Second, as well as a few others. In fact, some of the backgrounds, especially in early episodes, look like they've been ripped straight out of 5 Centimeters. Especially that one bit at the train crossing.

Also, on a completely different chain of thought, who'd be interested, just theoretically speaking, on an RP around the same concept, here on the forums..? I know we've done the zombie apocalypse thing before, but.. I have an itch.

P

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i remember talking to... someone about it and that they had a plan... but this is why we have a sign up thread.

OP
UrbanKirasagi
Reputation score

Also, on a completely different chain of thought, who'd be interested, just theoretically speaking, on an RP around the same concept, here on the forums..? I know we've done the zombie apocalypse thing before, but.. I have an itch.

P
I'll offer one word of warning on that - I've been using GaiaOnline recently, and the HOTD guild there tried to do this, but they ended up turning it into a generic zombie apocalypse sci-fi story, because they added in a lot of stuff like the zombies evolving L4D-ish and invented a new story for the cause of the outbreak that everyone knew about, rather than having it a mystery. ._. the guild died in about a week. It was painful to watch. So be careful how you go about it.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'd be interested in doing such an RP. I had tried to do my own Zombie Apocalypse RP in the one chat room, but alas all the players that were interested left while I was running them through the beta... made me sad, twas fun.

But yes I do agree that I really like the art style of the series.

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

i would be interested! i love zombie games and such!

OP
UrbanKirasagi
Reputation score

Episode 11 was released yesterday by GGsubs at AnimeTake.

As a side note, Chapter 27 of the manga also released last night/this morning. OneManga no longer hosts manga, and MangaFox has pulled HOTD, but MangaReader has the full chapter up.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Rei should have shot Shido right then and there. Blasted his brains all across the courtyard.