What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Anon42] Crisis Point: Extinction

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game

Cool, glad you got the glitch fixed, but sad i can't go ninja anymore,lmao.

I don't really delve too deep into programming, so while i can understand how it would happen, i can't understand how you'd go about knowing exactly what caused it. Why i sounded vague and unreliable, just not that into programming. :p

i wasn't even trying to find a glitch when i found it though, i was just messing around in the game testing the jumps,lol. But i guess that's how you really find the worst glitches, when people get them while they're not looking for it.
no problem man, i wouldn't have even known about the glitch if you hadn't found it. i don't expect you to know exactly how my coding works so you can solve the problem for me, lol. that's my job as the programmer :p

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

So, how are you planning on having the blaster upgrades work in-game? Are you thinking of having them be collectable upgrades, or will we be buying them with points?

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

So, how are you planning on having the blaster upgrades work in-game? Are you thinking of having them be collectable upgrades, or will we be buying them with points?
collectible upgrades. there won't be a merchant or exp system, or anything like that. one of my favorite aspects of the Metroid series is how they hide all sorts of little upgrades all over the map, so rather than encouraging grinding, exploration and a keen eye will be rewarded.

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

BUT DUDE. THERE'S NO ACTUAL CLIMAX ANIMATION HURRDURRHURR.

No, but really, nice to see the project still going strong!

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Will there be chances for sequence-breaking?

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

BUT DUDE. THERE'S NO ACTUAL CLIMAX ANIMATION HURRDURRHURR.

No, but really, nice to see the project still going strong!
hurrhurr. glad you're enjoying it. :p

@barreytor - not 100% sure yet, but i'm leaning towards no - or at least, i'm not going to intentionally try to implement them. if they happen naturally and don't cause any game-breaking bugs, i doubt i'd bother 'fixing' it, though.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I like the sound effects you used for the blaster. It felt like the weapon had some real heft. Nice proof of concept, I hope you keep working on your game!

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I like the sound effects you used for the blaster. It felt like the weapon had some real heft. Nice proof of concept, I hope you keep working on your game!
hey, thanks man. i spent a long time searching for the right sound effects to give everything a solid feel, so i'm glad that time was well spent. as for continuing work, i have been making steady progress despite the lack of updates; just haven't had anything too exciting to show, but that miiiight just change later today.. ;)

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

told y'all i'd have an update later today so here it is!

ignore the gravity-defying hair, please and thank you <3 animation detail isn't done yet

other than this, i've been mostly working on behind-the-scenes stuff. fixing up some minor animation flaws, level transitions, world layout, map progression, all that fun stuff. that's why updates have been quiet lately. it's not so much that i haven't been working as that i haven't been working on anything that would be interesting to share publicly.

in other news, i'll be starting a Patreon campaign soon! for those of you who haven't heard of it, i urge you to give it a quick google search and check it out. it's a fantastic way for creators to get in touch with their community while making a living off of their work.

the negative of this is that, once the campaign goes live, updates here on ULMF and my blog will slow down, to give purpose to the donations on patreon. the GOOD news is that all it will take is $1 every few weeks or so for you to gain access to the same wealth of information i've been posting here since the start - and the more pledges i receive, the more likely it'll be that i can focus on Crisis Point full time!

feel free to offer any suggestions you'd like to see as donation rewards, if it please you.
-A42

Bearhook

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well I for one will be happy to put money towards your patreon. I've been pretty pleased with how it's worked out with breeding season. :p

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Well I for one will be happy to put money towards your patreon. I've been pretty pleased with how it's worked out with breeding season. :p
sweet. in the interest of making the patreon a success, and worth the money, cam i ask what it is about Breeding Season's campaign that made it worthwhile? i'd like to make sure everything is priced well and the people are getting the kind of rewards they want to see

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

alright, i'm just gonna go over the current pledge tier ideas i have with you guys. if you notice anything that you'd like to see that isn't listed, let me know.

$1
  • Early access to the newest information about game progress
  • Access to the Activity Feed, where you can discuss the game with other patrons as well as myself
  • My heart-felt appreciation for supporting the development of my games!

$5 - Limited to 10 people max
  • All of the above rewards
  • Access to the newest prototype downloads. Play the game before it's released!
  • Early adopters reward! A copy of the current project once it's released, at a reduced price. This one is limited, so get on it fast!
    (Only applicable to those signed onto this tier at the time of release)
  • Links to the developer livestreams

$10
  • Access to the newest prototype downloads. Play the game before it's released!
  • A copy of the current project once it's released
    (Only applicable to those signed onto this tier at the time of release)
  • Links to the developer livestreams

$30
  • Influence the development of the current project through voting and discussion with me and other patrons of this tier
  • Your name under "contributors" in the credits of my next completed project! Write your real name or your handle, and a little section containing whatever it is you want to say!

Last edited:
OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

what, no thoughts? is everyone too busy watching the world cup or something? lol

i'm going to be ready to put the patreon up soon, but if people are going to put money towards the project i want to make sure they're properly rewarded, y'know?

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

what, no thoughts? is everyone too busy watching the world cup or something? lol

i'm going to be ready to put the patreon up soon, but if people are going to put money towards the project i want to make sure they're properly rewarded, y'know?
I think everyone is just lying low and waiting for game updates. About how big of a worldmap are you planning on?

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I think everyone is just lying low and waiting for game updates. About how big of a worldmap are you planning on?
well i did just post an animation that hasn't gotten a whole lot of comments, lol. i also want to make sure i'm not backing myself into a corner by gunning for patreon, since i'm a relative newcomer to the scene.

as for the worldmap, it's hard to say at this point. i'm aiming for a good 2-3 hours of gameplay, though - not counting speedruns in that tally though, they'll most likely be faster. the size of the map will only really start to show itself once development gets further along. i CAN tell you that i'm currently planning on having 5 different areas of the map, though - as in, 5 separate areas that each have their own look to them.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

i'll be posting a new prototype soon that has a bit of additional content, and all important updates will be posted there exclusively for a time before coming here. i don't plan on abandoning ulmf completely, but the patreon and those donating to the project take priority, of course.

now, one great thing about patreon is that i can change the reward tiers and stretch goals later as i please, so again - if any of you have reward ideas that you don't see listed, you're more than welcome to bring them up with me and i'll think about adding 'em!

thanks so much to all of you for supporting the project with your ideas and critiques and feedback. hopefully, with patreon, i'll be able to take it one step further.

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game - NOW ON PATREON!

So, this game will pretty much be pay to play in a sense? or are you going for the same model Fenoxo uses for his new game?

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

So, this game will pretty much be pay to play in a sense? or are you going for the same model Fenoxo uses for his new game?
i'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'pay to play,' but the game will have a one-time purchase price (currently planning on $15) once it's released, nothing subscription based. any tier other than the $1 tier will get a copy of the game once it's released, though, as long as they're still signed on once it comes out.

the patreon campaign is sort of like an ongoing kickstarter - for people who like the project, and want to support its development, you can pledge to the patreon campaign. what it basically means is that whenever there's a new version of the game to play (like the prototypes i've been uploading periodically), you donate the amount you pledge for and get access to everything in the reward tier you're donating for. so, for example, if you pledge $1, you'll get to see all the information about the game as i develop it by following the Patreon activity feed. for $10 (or $5 if you get the early access tier), you get that, along with the prototype/demo downloads and links to development livestreams.

also, i'm not sure who fenoxo is, so i can't really compare it to the business model he's using

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

also, i'm not sure who fenoxo is, so i can't really compare it to the business model he's using
Using google is hard :p Haven't seen much from you to believe that putting money into your project is a worthwhile endeavor. I think you should have had a much better demo before attempting to receive crowd funding, that actually shows that you have the skills to finish an interesting game. Everybody seems to think that their ideas alone are worth being funded nowadays.

It's not like your only option for money is solo game making if you have the skills to make a game yourself. If you have any kind of decent art skill, you could easily take art commissions. People will gladly pay for sprite sex. You could also collab and work with others who have more experience or are already better known. You need to make a name for yourself somehow first. A 14 page thread on Ulmf, an incomplete one stage alpha demo and a couple of sprite animations isn't enough to show that you're capable as a game designer x.x

Not saying that you aren't, but that you haven't shown it, and are expecting people to believe it already and trust you with their money. I see that as a problem. People who move too fast have a tendency to crash.

Last edited:
OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Using google is hard :p Haven't seen much from you to believe that putting money into your project is a worthwhile endeavor. I think you should have had a much better demo before attempting to receive crowd funding, that actually shows that you have the skills to finish an interesting game. Everybody seems to think that their ideas alone are worth being funded nowadays.

It's not like your only option for money is solo game making if you have the skills to make a game yourself. If you have any kind of decent art skill, you could easily take art commissions. People will gladly pay for sprite sex. You could also collab and work with others who have more experience or are already better known. You need to make a name for yourself somehow first. A 14 page thread on Ulmf, an incomplete one stage alpha demo and a couple of sprite animations isn't enough to show that you're capable as a game designer x.x

Not saying that you aren't, but that you haven't shown it, and are expecting people to believe it already and trust you with their money. I see that as a problem.
"expecting" people to believe it? no, i'm actually not doing that in the slightest, but thanks for putting words into my mouth. whether or not you think i have the ability to make this game a reality doesn't concern me.

this isn't a kickstarter. it's not "give me $3,000 or this project won't happen." it's "hey, i'm making this game. if you guys like it and want to help support the development, here's an option to do that." if people don't want to back it, that's their choice. i'm not forcing anyone to donate a damn thing, and i've never once told anybody "this game is not going to happen unless you give me your money". what does it matter to you if other people want to donate to the project? should they not be allowed to support the work i'm doing because you don't think i've shown i'm capable yet?

but hey, thanks for putting me down anyway. i especially liked the "Everybody seems to think that their ideas alone are worth being funded nowadays" bit. because this is definitely still in a purely conceptual form with nothing to show for it at all.