What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Anon42] Crisis Point: Extinction

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game

Loving the sprite sex animation so far, if you do have a gallery, hope we can tell the game which part of the scene we wanna see (speed-wise.)

On a side not, after playing around on it, i ran into a glitch where i jumped on the first tall platform, held the jump button all the way down and jumped off to the ground, and i disappeared.... Not even the blue guys can see me anymore, so i guess i'm so beast i activated stealth mode.

Love that you've got the tentacles parallaxed, makes me wonder how something like that could be used in another game in a different way that you could hide in it and it have sex with you, but it doesn't harm you like the 'predators' would. Kinda like a herbivores and carnivores survival game setup involving sex. carnivored hurt you in sex, herbivores heal you or just there to keep you hidden.

Meh, dem ramblings though. cool idea that sprang up in my head when i crouched while in the inactive tentacle plant.

Now if i had the drive to actually make this idea into a game, that'd be cool...

EDIT: Adding a screenshot showing the glitch, can just move the screen left and right, and hear the shooting sound as i hit x, just nothing else.
hm, odd.. it's obvious the character fell below the boundaries of the world, given that you can still move left/right and shoot, but i'm not sure why. and i haven't run into the glitch at all in the several dozen times i've tested. it's gotta be a collision glitch, so i'll look at the coding for that and see if there's anything obviously wrong.

mind doing me a favor? can you get a screenshot of the exact point you jumped, and the approximate point you hit the ground where you fell through? also, when you fell through - in the moment you would hit the ground, did she just disappear instantly? or did she ignore the floor and keep falling like there was no ground to land on?

as for the gallery - i'll definitely be adding player control to it. that's a sadly underrated feature, imo. thanks for the testing, and i'm glad you like the project!

chrono4111

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just an FYI but google chrome blocked your file as malicious. I Had to bypass that to load it. :)

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Just an FYI but google chrome blocked your file as malicious. I Had to bypass that to load it. :)
unfortunately, that has nothing to do with me, and i can't really do anything about it. game maker files are saved as .exe's and they're always considered malicious. i can assure you there's no virus or anything of the sort in there though!

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

So far it's looking amazing, the only bad thing I see is that the voice in the rape sounds like it sounds too often, I don't know if I'm explaining myself quite right here.
That and I couldn't jump down through the thin platform.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

So far it's looking amazing, the only bad thing I see is that the voice in the rape sounds like it sounds too often, I don't know if I'm explaining myself quite right here.
That and I couldn't jump down through the thin platform.
whoops. little oversight on my part with the thin platforms, i'll fix that right up. thanks for letting me know. as for the voice, are you saying you want her to moan less often? not sure how i feel about that if that's the case, i'll wait to hear more feedback first.

thanks for the feedback! glad you like it.

Shadowknight502

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I think it's more along the lines that the voice repeats too often. The same moan will keep repeating and it kind of takes away from the experience. Basically, he's asking for more variety to the moans, I think.

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I think it's more along the lines that the voice repeats too often. The same moan will keep repeating and it kind of takes away from the experience. Basically, he's asking for more variety to the moans, I think.
While that could be nice (can't really be sure about that), I was thinking that having moans sound less often (one moan every two, maybe three, cycles of the sex animation) would make it sound better, and we could hear better the sounds of her being fucked.
And if you don't feel like taking off some of the moans, try trading them for some panting or something that's a little more subtle.

Minerve

Tentacle God
Reputation score

While that could be nice (can't really be sure about that), I was thinking that having moans sound less often (one moan every two, maybe three, cycles of the sex animation) would make it sound better, and we could hear better the sounds of her being fucked.
And if you don't feel like taking off some of the moans, try trading them for some panting or something that's a little more subtle.
+1

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

thats quite easy if you use sound_play(choose(1,2,3,4,etc))
just using that would end up repeating the same clip on occasion. gotta be more sophisticated about it.

as for making it sound less often, it doesn't work. believe me. i tried doing it that way long before uploading this prototype and it's awkward as fuck. she goes from a quick moan with a sharp intake of breath to immediate, complete silence. it's just weird.
i can't really add much more variety in sound. i'm limited by my voice pack, and 'panting' noises thrown in between moans gives the same awkward, unbelievable feeling that silence does. i messed around with the voices for literally days trying every possible thing to get them to sound good. guess i'll just try pitch-shifting the moans in game to try and squeeze some more variety out of them..

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Damn, it's never fun to see "Yeah, I already tried what you said but it didn't work". Guess you gave it your best shot.
Hmmm... What about volume shifting? Making some of the moans ever so slightly less loud might help a bit, maybe?

Quist

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Clicked the link, but I was returned an SSL certificate error. Dumped Chrome, moved on to Opera, but had the same issue. Won't download through IE either. Any cues on how to download this game?

Morkor

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Clicked the link, but I was returned an SSL certificate error. Dumped Chrome, moved on to Opera, but had the same issue. Won't download through IE either. Any cues on how to download this game?
Do you have any problems accessing any other secure sites other than dropbox?
Make sure the Date and Time on your system are correct. Some sort of virus could also be the cause if it is tampering with your DNS setting.

Quist

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Do you have any problems accessing any other secure sites other than dropbox?
Make sure the Date and Time on your system are correct. Some sort of virus could also be the cause if it is tampering with your DNS setting.
Yep. Definitely some issue with my PC. Tried downloading it on my phone; went through fine. Can't figure out the exact problem, though. Will try and run some malware scanners, see what they throw up. If they fail to rectify things, I guess a format's on the cards -- which is something I really hate to do.

S

Sythis_Sythes

hm, odd.. it's obvious the character fell below the boundaries of the world, given that you can still move left/right and shoot, but i'm not sure why. and i haven't run into the glitch at all in the several dozen times i've tested. it's gotta be a collision glitch, so i'll look at the coding for that and see if there's anything obviously wrong.

mind doing me a favor? can you get a screenshot of the exact point you jumped, and the approximate point you hit the ground where you fell through? also, when you fell through - in the moment you would hit the ground, did she just disappear instantly? or did she ignore the floor and keep falling like there was no ground to land on?

as for the gallery - i'll definitely be adding player control to it. that's a sadly underrated feature, imo. thanks for the testing, and i'm glad you like the project!

I'll try to get the glitch to happen again, but i believe i was about 3/4ths into the platform (from left to right), did a tiny jump in place, then jumped while holding right and holding the jump button, testing how high i could go. She disappeared halfway through the fall down if that's any help, but the camera hit the ground the same way it always did when jumping. I then hit e to see if ai was still working, and was not. Also, no camera moving up and down at the slope at all, just a weird pan left and right like i'm in a sort of spectate mode.

also, the gunshot sound played whenever i hit the shoot button, possibly meaning it wasn't creating a projectile, i could just spam the button and clog my speaker with PEW! :p

EDIT: ok, so i got the glitch to work again, and it seems to be lot's of random jumping, since i jumped into the wall to the left of the platform you start near, and disappeared again while in the falling animation. Same glitch as before, just in a different spot. huh. i'll record the actual glitch in effect and try and find the compressor again and upload it for you, to see how it acts. not sure how to trigger the glitch without more random testing :p

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'll try to get the glitch to happen again, but i believe i was about 3/4ths into the platform (from left to right), did a tiny jump in place, then jumped while holding right and holding the jump button, testing how high i could go. She disappeared halfway through the fall down if that's any help, but the camera hit the ground the same way it always did when jumping. I then hit e to see if ai was still working, and was not. Also, no camera moving up and down at the slope at all, just a weird pan left and right like i'm in a sort of spectate mode.

also, the gunshot sound played whenever i hit the shoot button, possibly meaning it wasn't creating a projectile, i could just spam the button and clog my speaker with PEW! :p

EDIT: ok, so i got the glitch to work again, and it seems to be lot's of random jumping, since i jumped into the wall to the left of the platform you start near, and disappeared again while in the falling animation. Same glitch as before, just in a different spot. huh. i'll record the actual glitch in effect and try and find the compressor again and upload it for you, to see how it acts. not sure how to trigger the glitch without more random testing :p
i'm almost positive she's going through the ground and falling eternally. she's not actually invisible, just off-screen, as the camera view isn't capable of going beyond the boundaries of the room, even though objects are. the gunshot is working fine, but she's offscreen so you can't see the bullet, and the bullet is set to automatically destroy itself upon going out of the room boundaries. to explain AI, enemies are set to only act when you're within a certain distance of them - but she's fallen so far that they no longer 'sense' her nearby. being below the room boundaries also explains why the slopes weren't making you go up and down. as it stands the explanation is pretty easy, it's just finding out the cause of it that could prove tricky. i'm also curious why you've been able to replicate it twice but i haven't run into it, and nobody else has mentioned it either.. it's very strange indeed..

@Quist - sorry to hear you're having trouble downloading it. might not work, but maybe it would help if i emailed you a download?

S

Sythis_Sythes

i'm almost positive she's going through the ground and falling eternally. she's not actually invisible, just off-screen, as the camera view isn't capable of going beyond the boundaries of the room, even though objects are. the gunshot is working fine, but she's offscreen so you can't see the bullet, and the bullet is set to automatically destroy itself upon going out of the room boundaries. to explain AI, enemies are set to only act when you're within a certain distance of them - but she's fallen so far that they no longer 'sense' her nearby. being below the room boundaries also explains why the slopes weren't making you go up and down. as it stands the explanation is pretty easy, it's just finding out the cause of it that could prove tricky. i'm also curious why you've been able to replicate it twice but i haven't run into it, and nobody else has mentioned it either.. it's very strange indeed..
OK, so i got the glitch to happen 2 times in the same spot fairly quick, so i'll encode the video and upload it to mega and post a link here when i get it up.

also, while it is in this one spot, the first time it happened was a couple feet away form the end of the platform in the video when i jumped off, so it can happen, i'm guessing, anywhere on the map.

EDIT: Here's the video. Funny thing is, i've done the same thing with Kyrieru's game eroico when he released the first demo, except i got it to spawn another main character that was controllable the same way when ever i attacked in mid air. Was weird to see an army of eroico's main just trying to get out of the starting hole with all the clones, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

On the disappearing glitch - I'm pretty sure it happens if a player pushes the double jump right before landing on any platform or land. I think it has to be the very split second before landing or maybe when landing but I managed to reproduce it a few times - just start the game and start jumping in place trying to hit the jump button as she is about to land from the first jump.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

On the disappearing glitch - I'm pretty sure it happens if a player pushes the double jump right before landing on any platform or land. I think it has to be the very split second before landing or maybe when landing but I managed to reproduce it a few times - just start the game and start jumping in place trying to hit the jump button as she is about to land from the first jump.
hm... that's odd. i managed to get it to work earlier by using the same method sythis mentioned, but it was unreliable - i just pulled it up again though and i was able to get it twice in a row using the spacebar slow-motion (forgot to remove that from the prototype lol.) i think i MIGHT know how that was causing proble- YEP FIGURED IT OUT. everything makes sense now. thanks a lot for the testing guys, i'll have it fixed in no time!

EDIT: fixed! no more falling through the floor. thanks, both of you

S

Sythis_Sythes

Cool, glad you got the glitch fixed, but sad i can't go ninja anymore,lmao.

I don't really delve too deep into programming, so while i can understand how it would happen, i can't understand how you'd go about knowing exactly what caused it. Why i sounded vague and unreliable, just not that into programming. :p

i wasn't even trying to find a glitch when i found it though, i was just messing around in the game testing the jumps,lol. But i guess that's how you really find the worst glitches, when people get them while they're not looking for it.