What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Anon42] Crisis Point: Extinction

apalapan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game - NOW ON PATREON!

I'm starting to consider having more than 1 sex position for some enemies.. we'll see how things go.
Such as "from the front" and "from behind"? Like in Corta's Platformer?

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Such as "from the front" and "from behind"? Like in Corta's Platformer?
Not really 'front' and 'behind' animations, just different poses in general. For instance, I was going to have the futa's animation be a blowjob, but I'm sure a lot of people would be disappointed and want to see some actual fucking going on. So in her case it would randomize between blowjob or vaginal.

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Not really 'front' and 'behind' animations, just different poses in general. For instance, I was going to have the futa's animation be a blowjob, but I'm sure a lot of people would be disappointed and want to see some actual fucking going on. So in her case it would randomize between blowjob or vaginal.
How about doing something like Succubus Fist? If you're caught from the front, you get one position, if you're caught from the back you get another, and if you're caught crouching you get a third. Might be a bit ambitious, but would be a cool thing to consider.

Minerve

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How about doing something like Succubus Fist? If you're caught from the front, you get one position, if you're caught from the back you get another, and if you're caught crouching you get a third. Might be a bit ambitious, but would be a cool thing to consider.
You'dn't have to do it at the beginning: it could be for later updates.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

You'dn't have to do it at the beginning: it could be for later updates.
We'll see. A lot of it depends on how many enemies I end up having, and if all enemies have an H-scene or if some enemies are just there to be obstacles. If I end up having 20 enemies and each has their own scene, it's hard to say if many - or even any - would have a second scene. Gotta leave myself dev time to make the actual game part too :p

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hey guys, another update from the patreon campaign coming at you. This one actually came BEFORE the plant lady, but it's a little less interesting, so I decided to share that one first.

The update in question is the was-current-but-is-now-outdated state of the world map, somewhat cryptically showing you some of the areas you'll visit. Sorta. Might be one that doesn't interest some people, but oh well. Hopefully you'll find some intrigue in trying to decipher the color coding!

(side note, the map here is nowhere near complete. There will be a lot more to explore than just that, and all of it is likely to change to some degree.)

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Yeah, that looks like Metroid, alright. I'd say it's definitely big enough for an initial release, or possibly a demo version.

Also, is the Venus symbol a "you are here", or is it pointing to some sort of central location (like Samus's gunship in Super Metroid)?

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Yeah, that looks like Metroid, alright. I'd say it's definitely big enough for an initial release, or possibly a demo version.

Also, is the Venus symbol a "you are here", or is it pointing to some sort of central location (like Samus's gunship in Super Metroid)?
It's probably pretty obvious, but it marks the starting point, where her ship crash is. I'm just using it as a temporary mark for my own sake right now, not sure if it'll remain in the full game or not.

As for the size, it's actually not all that big, honestly. Definitely not enough for a full release. Only a small amount of it exists within the actual game so far, but the map once the game is finished will probably be at least twice that size. That's what I'm hoping for, at least.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hey guys, quick update.

I added a new tier to the Patreon page - it's a bit pricey ($100) and there's only one slot for it. With it, you get all of the bonuses from the other tiers, as well as a special one - you get to work with me to design your own enemy, complete with whatever sex scene(s) you want it to have, and have it fully implemented into the final game! Of course, the idea has to fit reasonably well into the world of Crisis Point, so if you're interested, I'd ask you to chat with me first over what your idea would be to make sure everything checks out! I'm not sure if I'll ever offer this tier again, we'll see how it goes the first time.

Second, and something that probably interests more of you, the next public update is coming on August 20th! I've decided to release the latest Patreon build one week before a new build goes up. My planned schedule is the 20th and 27th of the month for releases, so keep your eyes out!

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

This conversation kinda ended a few posts up, but I'd just like to contribute my two cents here.

On the topic of multiple rape animations per enemy, I pretty much consider it to be mandatory for the more 'versatile' enemies. I can't think of a better word to describe this quality... I'll just give examples I guess.

If there is a humanoid enemy with a penis, there's a lot of ways things can go down. There are significant demographics for vaginal, anal, oral, specifically doggystyle, etc. You'll disappoint like 40% of people if you just choose one and move on.

With a weird tentacle thing, one animation's just fine. Obviously, having more animations is a positive thing. However, we have no experience dealing with tentacle things in real life; we haven't built up a set of preferences and aversions like we have with humanoid x humanoid sex. One animation will generally satisfy players.

PS. Please put a doggystyle anal creampie in the game. Had to throw that in there. Nailed it.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

This conversation kinda ended a few posts up, but I'd just like to contribute my two cents here.

On the topic of multiple rape animations per enemy, I pretty much consider it to be mandatory for the more 'versatile' enemies. I can't think of a better word to describe this quality... I'll just give examples I guess.

If there is a humanoid enemy with a penis, there's a lot of ways things can go down. There are significant demographics for vaginal, anal, oral, specifically doggystyle, etc. You'll disappoint like 40% of people if you just choose one and move on.

With a weird tentacle thing, one animation's just fine. Obviously, having more animations is a positive thing. However, we have no experience dealing with tentacle things in real life; we haven't built up a set of preferences and aversions like we have with humanoid x humanoid sex. One animation will generally satisfy players.

PS. Please put a doggystyle anal creampie in the game. Had to throw that in there. Nailed it.
The thing is, I'm going to have a ton of different enemies going on, in all likelihood. I already have about 9, not including bosses, each of which will have their own sex animation (possibly two for gangbang) and a variety of attacks. It will largely depend on just how big the enemy roster ends up being. If I have like 30 enemies, yeah, they're only getting one sex scene each :p I doubt there will be that many, though. Let's see.. Not including enemy carryover, I have 5 areas, and I'd like each area to have at least 3 enemies designed with their 'aesthetic,' so to speak. So that's at least 15 enemies, not including bosses. I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being more than that too.

As for doggystyle anal creampie - I'll do my best, lol. Might be a little hard to pull off in sprite form but if there's a will, there's a way.

SethK

Reputation score

Will there be any beast/insect enemies, like alien bees or dogs? Things like that.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Will there be any beast/insect enemies, like alien bees or dogs? Things like that.
Yep!

textbook703

Reputation score

The thing is, I'm going to have a ton of different enemies going on, in all likelihood. I already have about 9, not including bosses, each of which will have their own sex animation (possibly two for gangbang) and a variety of attacks. It will largely depend on just how big the enemy roster ends up being. If I have like 30 enemies, yeah, they're only getting one sex scene each :p I doubt there will be that many, though. Let's see.. Not including enemy carryover, I have 5 areas, and I'd like each area to have at least 3 enemies designed with their 'aesthetic,' so to speak. So that's at least 15 enemies, not including bosses. I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being more than that too.

As for doggystyle anal creampie - I'll do my best, lol. Might be a little hard to pull off in sprite form but if there's a will, there's a way.
Yeah, ultimately those considerations are gonna be the biggest factor in how many animations get put in. I was simply talking about the next step up from "doing the minimum that people consider acceptable", which to me is "adding extra animations for the more 'versatile' enemies".

Also, ambiguity is expected with sprites when it comes to anal vs vaginal (especially with doggy). Don't worry too much about it. Long as she's an L-shape and it ends in a creampie, I'm happy.

Oh! I thought of another favorite of mine that I'm going to explicitly mention in the hopes of subtly influencing development: stuff that latches onto you, but doesn't completely disable player input. Think something like an insect that pumps cum into you, and you can still shuffle forward and back or hop a lesser height than usual.

I actually always wondered why this wasn't in more games. I imagine it's pretty obnoxious to code, but not "literally never see it" obnoxious.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Yeah, ultimately those considerations are gonna be the biggest factor in how many animations get put in. I was simply talking about the next step up from "doing the minimum that people consider acceptable", which to me is "adding extra animations for the more 'versatile' enemies".

Also, ambiguity is expected with sprites when it comes to anal vs vaginal (especially with doggy). Don't worry too much about it. Long as she's an L-shape and it ends in a creampie, I'm happy.

Oh! I thought of another favorite of mine that I'm going to explicitly mention in the hopes of subtly influencing development: stuff that latches onto you, but doesn't completely disable player input. Think something like an insect that pumps cum into you, and you can still shuffle forward and back or hop a lesser height than usual.

I actually always wondered why this wasn't in more games. I imagine it's pretty obnoxious to code, but not "literally never see it" obnoxious.
I think it's more of an art thing than being obnoxious to program, but maybe that's just me. Setting up whole new animations for that would take some time - but if it makes you feel any better, I DO have something planned that would work fairly similarly. It wouldn't be a sentient creature, though, more like just a goop that slows her down.

SethK

Reputation score

Hell yes.
Any ETA on when one will be implemented with an H animation? :3c

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hell yes.
Any ETA on when one will be implemented with an H animation? :3c
Not sure yet, sorry. The insect enemy will show up relatively early on in the game though, so it should show up in the next few months.

Tea Leaf

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Anon42. I like what I am seeing, I wish you the best.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Anon42. I like what I am seeing, I wish you the best.
Thanks, Tea Leaf! Glad you like it so far. Hopefully I'll be able to impress you even more, becaaaaauuse.. NEW PUBLIC UPDATE TIME!

I decided to release the update a day earlier than intended, just 'cause I love you guys. So without further ado, the first patron-exclusive-turned-public update, v.02!

I won't spoil the new additions to the game, you can see those for yourself - but here's a control list so you know what you're doing.

-Arrow keys to move and struggle while being raped (warning: struggling during rape injures you! Once Alicia's health drops down to 0, she can no longer struggle and your only option is restarting.)
-Z to jump
-X to shoot
-C to use diagonal aiming
-F4 for fullscreen
-R to restart
-Escape to quit

Now, aside from the game updates themselves, I've also been working with a background artist since mid-July. The background art in this new update is mostly his work, and while most of it is placeholder/unfinished, I have high hopes that a dedicated background artist will bring a whole new element to Crisis Point.

Thanks to you all for being so patient, and hopefully I'll see some more of you over at the Patreon campaign soon!
-A42

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game - NEW PUBLIC UPDATE! (August 19th)

Pretty fun. I just became a pateron - keep it up! It's nice to hear English voices once in a while too, ahahahaha...