What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Anon42] Crisis Point: Extinction

turaga008

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania - Final Public Update! (July 25th, 2015)

I'm so glad this is still alive and well! You should re-add the 5$ patreon pledge btw :)

pstone

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania - Final Public Update! (July 25th, 2015)

I said that I was considering making the NEXT game focused on futa x female
I'll fund it

anondum

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

futa MCs are so rare that money might start flying right out of my wallet on its own

Sblade

Demon Girl
Reputation score

any links?:eek:
In the patreon page, come on, help devs if you like the game. It takes lot of effort and hours to make a fun game

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'm so glad this is still alive and well! You should re-add the 5$ patreon pledge btw :)
Thanks! I'm glad it's alive and well too :p The $5 patreon pledge hasn't gone anywhere, although it is going to be changing pretty soon so it won't be a limited-tier anymore, and will offer some other kind of reward. I'm still figuring out the specifics.

@pstone and anondum - I'll have to keep that in mind when deciding on our next project.. :^)

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

(Here's a copy-paste from Patreon! Finally finished v.27 today, WOOHOO!)

AHHHHH WE DID IT v.27 IS DONE I'M SCREAMING INTERNALLY AND EXTERNALLY

Okay, so first off accept my apologies - as you all know it's been a while since the last update, so I'm a little rusty on the release process and I might have forgotten a line of text or something in there. I also only did one test run through the game (it takes over an hour at this point for a full run), and I fixed every bug I found, but it's certainly possible there are more in there, especially with the collision engine being reworked entirely. If you run into any bugs, I'll be supporting this update with hotfixes as always, so let me know asap! Now, on to the meat and potatoes of the post.

UPDATE v.27 CHANGES
-Continue The Great Rework™
-Add new CG/Game Over scene (Warped Sentry)
-FINALLY re-code collision engine to not be complete ass-garbage
-Replace more of the old soundtrack with new, original music (Deep Soil and Boss theme 1)
-Replace old Deep Soil background
-Add in more Bullet Chip upgrades (Boomerang Shot and Needle Shot)
-TONS of new sound effects added (40+)
-Voice acting added for every humanoid enemy (Sentry is missing sex voices)
-Fix more minor issues

This update isn't as substantial as I would have liked it to be, considering the sheer amount of time between v.26 and now, but there is a LOT of polish added, especially in the audio department. There are very few missing sound effects now, every humanoid enemy has voice acting, and there's only one royalty free song remaining, which is the second boss theme. Slow as it may be, we're making great strides towards The Great Rework!

UPDATE v.28 GOALS
-Continue The Great Rework™
-Add new CG/Game Over scene
-Start implementing the storyline
-Improve the first two boss battles
-Continue redesigning old levels with new, more interesting challenges and hazards
-Redesign menus for a better user experience
-Finish replacing the royalty free music
-Rework some of Alicia's animations with better proportions and details
-Add in more Bullet Chip upgrades
-Fix more minor issues

Like I talked about yesterday, this next update will start a major focus on the early sections of the game, to prepare Crisis Point for a new public demo. I'll still be doing tweaks across the whole game, but our main priority will be the Caves and the Summit. I'm still a little uncertain about this update's list of goals, I can't guarantee they're all going to happen, but I'll do my best to make sure they do - and if not, that something else equally as good happens in their stead!

Well, I've done enough talking for this update. As always, the download link will be in the next post for patrons at the right tiers. Thank you thank you thank you SO MUCH to every single one of you who stood by me during the past few months. Words can never even begin to express my gratitude, so I won't try much harder with them - I'll just show it over the next few months by making some cool shit. See you all in the next update!
-A42

UPDATE v.27 MINOR ISSUES
-Music volume is now lower and more consistent throughout the game
-Alicia should no longer get stuck in the Running animation when using Wire Shot as she turns
-The cooldown time between dashes has been increased slightly
-Alicia no longer gets frozen in very specific circumstances when using Wire Shot while running at a wall
-The game should no longer crash when shooting a nest with the Flare Shot
-Color of Force Shot particles was made brighter, for easier visibility
-Music will no longer cut out forever when using the debug teleporter to the Summit
-Double jumping after sliding through a tight corridor that leads to a dropoff will no longer get you stuck in the ceiling
-Moved certain HUD elements so they no longer overlap with each other
-The equipped Blaster chip will now automatically change when you acquire a new chip
-HP restoration drops have been made brighter to be more visible
-Music should no longer play during Game Over sequences in certain conditions
-Water effects have been redone entirely with dynamic animation

Last edited:

turaga008

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

AHHHHH WE DID IT v.27 IS DONE I'M SCREAMING INTERNALLY AND EXTERNALLY

This is beautiful, really making excellent progress! Make sure to open that 5$ pledge again (or make it not-limited), it's not much, but I'll be sure to pledge when you do :)

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Congrats on the new release, Anon

This is beautiful, really making excellent progress! Make sure to open that 5$ pledge again (or make it not-limited), it's not much, but I'll be sure to pledge when you do :)
The $5 tier will become unlimited, and no longer offer playable updates. Instead, patrons at this tier will be able to download a gallery containing all of the current sprite sex animations in Crisis Point. This will be updated every time a new sprite H-scene is added to the game, and will have full voice acting and sound effects just like the scenes do in the main game.

warofted

Reputation score

Hi! Anon! Do you think the first boss (twin worm thingy!) might get reworked both CG and animation wise? It is one of my favorite boss in the game and it feels a bit outdated :)

turaga008

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just read the 4000$ goal on patreon. If you decide to do alternate costumes/outfits, there would be absolutely nothing better (and more fitting the playstyle of the game) than a zero-suit Samus outfit!

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

You're wrong, fusion suit that constantly molests the heroine building lust clearly tops zero suit.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Just read the 4000$ goal on patreon. If you decide to do alternate costumes/outfits, there would be absolutely nothing better (and more fitting the playstyle of the game) than a zero-suit Samus outfit!
As great as a Zero Suit costume would be, it's probably a good idea to avoid anything that could make Crisis Point even more of a Metroid ripoff than it already is, especially with Nintendo being so trigger happy on the DMCAs :' ) A bodysuit isn't necessarily out of the question, but it would have to be pretty different than the zero suit.

@warofted - Why yes, if you take a look at the plans for the next update, reworking the first two bosses is on there. All of the boss fights will be getting reworked or improved, they're pretty underwhelming at the moment.

@turaga008 - Thanks! Like Jesus pointed out, I just made a post on patreon recently describing the changes coming to our pledge tiers. You can check it out there (it's a public post) for more info if you want, but the basic highlights are the $5 is losing playable updates, going unlimited, and will get a gallery of sprite sex animations with sound effects and voice acting. $10 will keep playable updates, get the aforementioned gallery, and also a downloadable pack of all the current CGs in the game in 1080p.

Soljer13

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Second boss is a bit annoying if you are playing one handed :3

turaga008

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

As great as a Zero Suit costume would be...
Any alternate costumes would be good anyways, I hope you reach the goal! Also, please post here when the updated tiers are up and running :)

Freedom12312

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can't wait for the full release.
Keep up the good work

teapotdome

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

New Patreon here, this looks like a great hgame and the non-ero game elements are fun. Would recommend.

Got this error:
of Step Event2
for object objPlayer:

Variable objScoutBlockbox.material(100048, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_scrLanding
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scrLanding (line 0)
gml_Script_scrVMove
gml_Object_objPlayer_Step_2

Second boss is a bit annoying if you are playing one handed :3
Lot of amputees around these here parts

turaga008

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Started pledging 10$ a month as well, I gotta say, while the latest update was great, it would be nice if you considered having the option to remove enemy (male) voice acting :)

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Started pledging 10$ a month as well, I gotta say, while the latest update was great, it would be nice if you considered having the option to remove enemy (male) voice acting :)
There will be! I would have had it in last update, but the voice acting was pretty last minute, so I just didn't have time. If you want to hear them without voices, for now you can download the version before the latest on Patreon, there weren't any new sprite scenes in v.27.

@teapotdome - Thanks so much for the kind words! Sorry about that bug, if you avoid jumping on top of the Sentry's shield it shouldn't happen again. It'll be fixed for the next update!

@Soljer13 - Good news is the second boss is being reworked from the ground up :p Can't guarantee it'll be easier to beat one handed though!

@turaga008 - I'll definitely let everyone know when they're changed! I'm hoping to get it going sometime this month, if possible.