What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Anon42] Crisis Point: Extinction

Beats9821

Reputation score
I want to say that I've been looking forward to progress ever since you started this game. I'm always so excited to see your work!

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I want to say that I've been looking forward to progress ever since you started this game. I'm always so excited to see your work!
Thank you so much! Seeing comments like this make all the work worthwhile :' )

EDIT: EDIT: Stream's over, everybody! Got a LOT done today! Remember, tomorrow is a weekly update, so I'll detail everything we did throughout this week then~ Thanks to everyone who came by!

ORIGINAL: In other news, today's CPE devstream is about to begin, on a weekend for once! Come on by if you have the time and interest <3

Last edited:
OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
(Copy-paste from our weekly Patreon update!)

Hey everyone, time for another weekly update! I wanted to get this out earlier in the day but I've been dealing with a pretty bad migraine, sorry about that. The good news is this week is a really good one, we got a lot done since we were able to get in 3 streams in, one of which ended up going for 6 1/2 hours!
First off, let's go over two of the most exciting things that I've been wanting to add for a long time. Like the image up above implies, CPE now officially has an in-game CG viewer! You can access it by speaking to the new NPC, Birch, at camp after you meet him as part of the storyline. CGs are unlocked by defeating the related enemy one time, but only after a certain point in the story - it's not exactly difficult, though, just play the game normally and you'll unlock them as you go!

Second, you might be thinking something along the lines of "we have to talk to him at the camp? But wouldn't getting there every time we want to watch a CG be a pain?" You'd be right, if it wasn't for the second exciting thing - the warp menu!

In v.31 you'll be able to easily warp between any save points you've previously visited, just by going to a save point and interacting with it! You'll be shown a menu with the option to either save the game or warp, allowing you to get around the map and explore far easier than before.

Aside from those two things, I'm happy to announce our first two cutscenes are pretty much complete! What you see above is from the second cutscene, where you meet Birch - you can see the rest for yourself when the update drops (hopefully later this month), but in the first cutscene, those of you who have been following CPE for a long time might recognize the return of a certain someone who's been missing for a while. Keep in mind these cutscenes are a little rough right now - they're missing various character animations that I want to add in eventually, which should add a lot more life to them, but at the very least they're currently fully voice acted! I plan on adding a few more cutscenes and dialogue exchanges to this update before it comes out, though I can't say for sure how many, and some of them may end up being un-voice acted, depending on our actors' schedules

Next up is the H-scene reworks I mentioned Orexius was going to start on soon. We decided to have him rework the Warped Scientist BE scene first, since it was one of the worst of the old scenes - those of you who were there for our stream yesterday will have seen it, but Orexius just finished the main loop, and it looks fantastic! While I can't show off the animation in a public post like this one, I'll be putting up another post right after this to show it off. After this he'll be working on hammering out some basic poses and animations we need for the cutscenes, but after that I'll have him get right on another H-scene rework.

Lastly, one more slightly-less-exciting-but-very-important thing I added this week was the ability to stagger enemies with certain attacks! The graphics on staggered enemies are extremely temporary at the moment, and I don't see that changing before the update comes out, so apologies for that. I realized after adding it in that my original plans were severely overpowered, especially against single targets, so if you remember me mentioning before that melee attacks would ALWAYS stagger opponents, there's been a slight change there - there's now a 10 second cooldown on melee staggers, to prevent them from completely cheesing enemies and making melee too effective. In essence it remains the same though - enemies can be staggered by being hit with heavy attacks, or rapid consistent fire. Certain attacks like the Force Shot will still always stagger an opponent though, making those much more interesting and useful tools in Alicia's kit! I know lots of people didn't use the Force Shot before, so I'm hoping the added utility (as well as its unlockable Skills) will encourage you to try it out.

For streams this week, I just want to let you all know now we might not have one on Tuesday - Orexius is going to be working then, so if we did it would just be me, which probably isn't too exciting with all of my programming work. That being said, if you feel differently, let me know - I'm not against doing solo streams occasionally if people would actually want to watch it.

Alright, that's enough out of me for this week. Thanks so much for your continued support everybody, love you all <3 See you next update!
-A42

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
(Copy-paste from our weekly update on !)

Hey everybody! Sorry to say I don't have much exciting to talk about this update, or anything to show off visually - since we didn't stream at all this week, most of my work was spent on things that are less exciting to stream, or things that I don't want to stream myself working on, like writing.

I spent most of this week writing cutscenes and tying up loose ends for various parts of this update, like adding in the Warped Sentry's H-scene voice clips (which I kept forgetting to do for ages), finalizing my plans for a few unfinished Skills, implementing the code for mid-gameplay dialogue, finalizing and touching up the new scripts for CG scenes, writing more cutscenes and sending them off to our voice actors and actresses, and polishing up some features here and there. For those of you who are curious, this next update will contain 4 cutscenes and 3 environmental conversations (the former takes control away from the player and is fully automated, the latter plays in the background while you're still playing the game.)

Orex was mostly busy with his day job this week, so he spent his limited time continuing to polish up the Warped Scientist BE loop and starting work on the climax scene for it.

The last major thing that got done this week was LustFire finishing the new Edovex (flying alien) CG scene art! In regards to the CGs as a whole, there isn't enough time for LustFire to finish updating all of the art in time for this update, so fair warning, some of the CG scenes may have visuals that don't match the text perfectly - most of the dialogue has been rewritten and rerecorded to match the new context of CGs (choosing to do them 'for science' rather than getting them via game over), though we're not really changing the positions depicted in the scenes, just the dialogue and context. Next update we should hopefully be able to finish making everything match up.

For streams this week, we'll be streaming at least Tuesday and Thursday at our usual time, 1pm EST, though I want to see if we can squeeze in some early morning streams as well - no promises on those, but if we do pull them off, they'd likely be around 10 am - 2 pm EST on whichever days we can.

That's about it for this week. Sorry again I didn't have anything visual to show off, but this update is actually getting pretty close to completion, so we're running out of exciting visuals to show off! I'm pretty confident we should be able to deliver this update by the end of August, or worst case scenario very early September.
As always, thank you all so much for your support and love, everyone, it means the world to me <3 See you next update! -A42

Lancelot

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Holy attention to detail, Batman!

I like the fact that instead of her top just magically disappearing, it's just pushed down around her lower torso.
Well the new version/rework is good but the old style is not quit bad too. (I prefer the right side.....She show the belly!)

This is my opinion
I am neither the developer or designer, Instead of throwing the old animations that creator work so hard to create them in beta version and then replace it with the new version/rework.
I likely to see all of them in game like new pattern H-scenes or the omake/gallery. It will make the game more variety and more H-scenes. (With this method it will reduce the workload on the designer but increase the workload on programer LOL!!)

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Well the new version/rework is good but the old style is not quit bad too. (I prefer the right side.....She show the belly!)

This is my opinion
I am neither the developer or designer, Instead of throwing the old animations that creator work so hard to create them in beta version and then replace it with the new version/rework.
I likely to see all of them in game like new pattern H-scenes or the omake/gallery. It will make the game more variety and more H-scenes. (With this method it will reduce the workload on the designer but increase the workload on programer LOL!!)
Sorry, but the animations we're replacing will not be accessible in the game in any way once they're replaced. The scenes we're replacing are being replaced because we don't feel they're up to our current quality standards, which means I don't want to include them in the game as I don't feel they represent the game well. Plus, they're all going to be the same poses as the animations they're replacing, so they won't add any more variety even if we were to include both animations. If the only thing you like is her belly being visible, then you'll be happy to know if we ever make our $4k/mo goal on Patreon, we plan to eventually make Alicia's costume modular, meaning you can toggle different parts of her outfit on and off (such as taking her shirt off but leaving the jacket, or removing both her shirt and jacket entirely, etc)

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
EDIT: Stream's over for today, thanks to everyone who came by! Reminder that our next planned stream is this Thursday, at 1 pm EST!

ORIGINAL: Today's CPE devstream is about to begin! Come on by if you have the time and interest!

Last edited:
OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Hello,

No weekend streams?
Our stream days are almost always Tuesday and Thursday, which isn't going to change for the foreseeable future. Our streams happen on the days Orexius has off from his dayjob, as those are the only times we can stream together, and I figure most people wouldn't be interested in just watching me program for hours. Until we start earning enough to have him work on CPE full time, or he can get weekends off (unlikely), weekend streams will be a rarity.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
EDIT: Stream is over for the day. Sorry it didn't go longer, I was hoping to stream for most of the day, but I'm feelin' kinda out of it, having trouble focusing. Hopefully we'll be able to stream again early morning tomorrow or the day after though!

ORIGINAL: Today's CPE dev stream is about to start everyone, feel free to come hang out!

Last edited:
OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Screen_98.png

(Copy-paste from our weekly update post !)

Hey everyone! Time for another weekly CPE development update! Once again I don't have much to show off visually, so sorry about that, this'll be a text post - but the reason for that is that all of the major features were completed already, so I've been entirely focused on polish, small things, and cutscenes (which I think are funner to keep private so you can see them for yourselves). Because of that, v.31 is very close to completion now! The only major thing left on my todo list is to playtest as much as possible to iron out any bugs - this is one of the biggest updates CPE has ever had, with a feature list including but not limited to: a complete revamp of all CG dialogue, a new "skill tree" system providing passive upgrades to Alicia in combat, the ability to warp between any unlocked save points, a new menu for equipping Blaster Chips, the introduction of our storyline which includes 4 cutscenes and 3 different conversations between Alicia and NPCs that will happen as you wander around, a gallery in-game that allows you to watch any CGs you've unlocked whenever you like by warping back to base camp and talking to an NPC, a new, much more useful melee attack for Alicia, and a stagger system for enemies that makes heavy, single hits much more useful. This is also one of the first times we've planned such an ambitious update, and not only didn't have to scrap anything, but were able to get the update out in roughly 2 months, on our promised timeline. I'm unbelievably proud of the work we've done here, but enough about that, let's talk what we did this week!

For my part, I spent this week doing a few different things - the most noteworthy of which was working with CPE's actors and actresses for the various dialogue we needed for our cutscenes, and then balancing volume levels, picking out takes, and implementing all of those voice clips. In doing so, I discovered a pretty severe audio glitch that's been in the game for quite some time that was leading to AWFUL audio quality on some audio, mostly voice clips. The good news is that searching for a solution lead to some pretty nice optimization in audio filesize, and since we're starting to add lots of voice clips now, it'll prevent all of our voice acting from bloating the filesize too much. Aside from that, I spent the rest of the week doing a bunch of various things around the game, finishing up small bits of polish everywhere, nothing too exciting on its own but all very necessary for reaching the level of quality I'm aiming for.

Orexius spent this week working on various animations for cutscenes, such as walkcycles for all of our main characters, and a few small animations and poses for specific scenes. We really want to do more smaller cutscene-specific animations and poses, to give the cutscenes more life, but this will be a very long-term goal, he only has so much time to work on CPE after his dayjob and animation is definitely a time consuming process, so for now our focus is mostly on more important animations and H-scenes.

LustFire spent his time updating more CGs to fit the new writing. I believe about half of them have been fixed now, but the rest are sadly going to have some inconsistencies, as we want to do more with those CGs than just change Alicia's expression, and there's not enough time to complete those overhauls before the end of the month.

For streams this week, I'm honestly not sure what we'll be doing - we'll probably try to stream on Tuesday and Thursday, 1 pm EST, as usual, but it's possible we might end up skipping one or both. Either way, the update will almost definitely be out this week, unless I run into something catastrophic while bug testing.

Welp, that's it for this week. Thanks so much for your support everyone, I can't wait to get v.31 into your hands! Love you all <3
-A42

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
EDIT: Stream is over for today, thanks to everyone who came by! Got a lot done today, v.31 inches ever closer to completion.

ORIGINAL: Today's CPE dev stream is about to start everyone, feel free to come hang out!

Last edited:
OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
(copy-paste from our Patreon update post, v.31 is officially out today!)

Hey everybody! Before I get into the meat of the post, let me first apologize, the Warped Scientist BE H-scene rework is not in this version currently. The animation isn't quite finished yet, and I've been pretty much done working on v.31 for a few days now. I plan on releasing a hotfix adding the animation in once he finishes it, so no worries, it's still going to be added to this update, I just don't want to delay the release even more for just one animation.

With that out of the way, v.31 is officially finished! And (barely) in August, too! This is the first time CPE has had an update release on time in a while, and without scrapping any planned features too, so I'm pretty damn proud of it. Let's go over what was added, shall we?

UPDATE v.31 CHANGES
-Continue The Great Rework™
-Finish menu rework
-Implement Skill Trees and Skill Points systems
-Implement in-game CG gallery
-Rework every CG in the game's dialogue to fit the new "gallery" context
-Start implementing the storyline (4 cutscenes, 3 environmental dialogues)
-Give Alicia new, more useful melee attack
-Implement stagger/stun mechanic on enemies when meleeing or using heavy hits (uses temporary graphics currently)
-Rework one of our older, worst-looking H-scenes
-Add ability to warp between save points
-Continue preparing for new public demo release

So this was a very ambitious update in general. LOTS of new features were added, so please forgive me if the update ends up being unstable at all - I did tons of playtesting, one of which was playing through the game from start to finish, and fixed every major issue I could find, but there are still some small, non-gamebreaking issues in there, and it's possible I missed some major bugs too. If you do run into any, please report them, either by commenting here, sending me a DM, or joining our Discord server (invite link here ) and posting them in the Bug Reports channel in there.
Now then, on to our plans for v.32!

UPDATE v.32 GOALS
-Continue(finish?) The Great Rework™
-Start implementing more interesting, hidden secret collectibles across the game
-Add in more blaster chip types
-More cutscenes and environmental dialogues
-Continue reworking older H-scenes, possibly add new H-scenes
-Finish reworking and updating older CG artwork
-Rework the level design of earlier areas where necessary to make exploration more interesting and difficult
-Implement difficulty modes when starting a new game
-Continue preparing for new public demo release

So for this next update, we're not really going to be adding as much in the way of new things - I mostly want to focus on really polishing up that first chunk of the game, adding in secrets that every good Metroidvania needs, continuing to add cutscenes to progress the storyline, etc. We've been working on The Great Rework™ for so long, I'm anxious to move past it and start developing new content again, and I think we're approaching that now - while we are going to continue reworking earlier stuff in small amounts as we go, I think we'll be able to call The Great Rework™ complete by the end of the year, if not the end of this update. It's a little questionable how much of v.31 was really reworking and how much was adding new stuff entirely to begin with, but eh, tomato tomahto.

Alright, I think that's all I got for today. As usual, I'll be posting the download link to v.31 in a $10+ Patron Only post after this one. For those of you who were pledged at $10+ during any point in v.31's development, keep an eye on your Patreon messages, you'll be receiving a download link through there even if you're no longer pledged. Sorry again about the lack of a finished Warped Scientist BE rework, but I promise we'll get that to you as soon as we can. Thank you so much for all of your support everyone, and I hope you enjoy v.31 of Crisis Point: Extinction!
-A42

UPDATE v.31 BUG FIXES AND MINOR CHANGES
-Glowing "fairies" in the Caves now react to more of Alicia's actions
-Sound of ground moving in Boss 1 room after dying and coming back has been fixed
-Memory leak issues when entering a new room or pausing have been fixed
-Tentacles can no longer be killed when underground
-BE vines should now reach down far enough to reach Alicia in all rooms
-Alicia no longer gets stuck in masturbation animation if hit by a Cumshooter while masturbating
-Game no longer bugs out if the player tries to open the pause menu while a game is loading
-Torn clothing animation added for Wire Ride pose
-Scientist's Blue and White vials now give the same kind of knockback as their Red vials
-Small graphical glitch fixed with Alicia's shooting pose when clothing is torn
-First pullable tiki in Deep Soil no longer resets after leaving the room
-Libido meter now flashes pink, more rapidly the higher Libido is, to make libido more noticeable
-Pullable pillars in the Summit and Catacombs no longer reset after leaving
-The boss room in the Summit now shows up properly on the map
-Minimap no longer bugs out when starting or loading the game, which caused it to not display any information for a while
-Enemies no longer glide across the ground when being hit by melee after an H-scene with them ends
-Enemies now react quicker after an H-scene with them ends, but only if the player attacks them
-Edovex enemies no longer become permanently stuck to Alicia if you enter an H-scene with them, climax, and then cancel the scene before the animation ends
-Boss game over screen text is white again, no longer hard to read
-Flare Shot can no longer be shot through some walls
-Infinite Flare Shot debug cheat now works properly
-Soldier's burst fire attack now causes I-frames on the final hit
-Flare Shot and Melee attacks now open doors in the environment
-Force Shot base charge generation has been changed from 5 to 4 per particle
-Health restoration collectibles now have lowered recovery amounts: 8 + (4 per max HP upgrade) for small pieces, double that for large pieces, both of which are doubled if the player has the appropriate skill
-Health upgrade pieces no longer bug out and disappear if the player starts a new game after collecting them in a previous game
-Warped Scientists have been recolored to differentiate them from non-enemy scientists better
-Split Shot's small bullets no longer pierce, but Split Shot has buffed damage around the board to compensate
-Lowered audio levels on all player bullet types to be less annoying, especially when shot rapidly
-Charge Shot blaster chip is now actually obtainable, in the room after killing the 3rd boss
-Fixed the player being able to get stuck after obtaining the Force Shot, but using all of their ammo without destroying the weak wall blocking their path

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
There was a long "Quiet time" a while ago when things hit the fan for you. I supported for about 9 extra months, but figured life took too much out of your work and thought you'd pull a Malice and the Machine on us.
Thanks for not doing that, really. I'll bump the support back in.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Running up to a small crevice you should slide under and accidentally hitting down-- without having slide-- causes you to get stuck with no way out.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
There was a long "Quiet time" a while ago when things hit the fan for you. I supported for about 9 extra months, but figured life took too much out of your work and thought you'd pull a Malice and the Machine on us.
Thanks for not doing that, really. I'll bump the support back in.
Thank you so much for that, man, honestly. It means a lot. I feel terrible about how long CPE's development was in a rut, but all I can really do about that right now is to keep moving forward and get the game back on track, to make it up to everyone, so that's exactly what I intend to do - it means the world to me that my supporters, like you, are understanding and willing to give me another chance.
As for your issue with getting stuck, you have slide by default, you don't have to earn it. Just hold down and hit the Action key (which is I by default). I want to add in some button prompts or something in the future to help explain your basic moveset, so I understand the confusion

samlans

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Thank you so much for that, man, honestly. It means a lot. I feel terrible about how long CPE's development was in a rut, but all I can really do about that right now is to keep moving forward and get the game back on track, to make it up to everyone, so that's exactly what I intend to do - it means the world to me that my supporters, like you, are understanding and willing to give me another chance.
As for your issue with getting stuck, you have slide by default, you don't have to earn it. Just hold down and hit the Action key (which is I by default). I want to add in some button prompts or something in the future to help explain your basic moveset, so I understand the confusion
it doesnt matter if you take longer with the game then you planned
you can always drop the pace to finish or polish content that you think are not right
also, dont forget to take a break now and then you wont want to get a burn out

cant wait for the full game

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
(Copy-paste from our update post on Patreon!)

Hey everyone! v.31 Hotfix 1 has just been uploaded and is available for play! You can download it using the same link as the original v.31 release, whether it's a link you received from me via private message or the link from the v.31 release post. You can confirm which version of the game you have by looking at the text in the title screen; the latest version will read "v.31 h1" in the upper right corner.
Here's a list of what was fixed:

-Warped Scientist BE H-scene rework has been added to the game
-Game should now properly save and load which mid-gameplay conversations you've heard, so they won't repeat every time you close and reopen the game
-Softlock when dying and falling into thornweeds should be fixed
-Slightly nerfed the speed at which Boss 2's tar pillars spawn beneath Alicia in later phases, to make the fight pacing more manageable
-Disabling futa in the options should now properly disable the Warped Sentry's H-scenes
-Thornweeds were removed from the upper corners of the first boss room, to give the player more space for dodging
-The Escape, Enter, and M keys can now all be used to open the pause menu, but only if they aren't already bound to other gameplay functions, so it shouldn't get in the way of any custom keybinds
-Alicia can no longer collect health pieces after dying, leading to various glitches
-Pressing Menu Confirm while in the Upgrades portion of the Status menu no longer interacts with the Blaster Chip menu instead, causing you to equip a different chip if one was highlighted
-Environmental conversations should no longer cause various bugs when they end if Alicia is in the middle of certain actions
-Multiple environmental dialogue conversations should no longer be able to trigger at once
-Starting the game up should now properly set your window size, if you were using a size other than 1x last time you played
-Removed the feature where the game window snaps back into view if dragged out of the screen, as it was causing issues with multi-monitor setups
-Conversations no longer continue while the game is paused

Thanks for all the bug reports, everyone - hope you enjoy the hotfix!

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
EDIT: Stream's over, thanks to everybody who came by! We should be streaming again on Thursday at roughly the same time, 1pm EST.

ORIGINAL: Hey everyone! Sorry for not announcing this sooner, but me and Orex are streaming work on v.32 today, and we're about to begin! Hope to see you there!

Last edited: