What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Anon42] Crisis Point: Extinction

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
do you stil grow on patreon with new people that support you or is it a bit slower?
i think i havent seen it rising in 3 weeks, could be me
He probably lost a couple of patrons during the whole rework (speculation), but I think he still gets new supporters

Also confirms that he's indeed getting new patrons

Last edited:

samlans

Demon Girl
Reputation score
He probably lost a couple of patrons during the whole rework (speculation), but I think he still gets new supporters

i wil keep supporting the game, i really like it, shame other dont really feel that way

didnt know about graphtreon though

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
i wil keep supporting the game, i really like it, shame other dont really feel that way

didnt know about graphtreon though
Don't get me wrong, I like the game too, but the h content seems very optional now. Not a big fan of consensual sex in h-games and also sucks that he removed the dogs. Can't hate the guy though, he works hard on the game and I really want his game to succeed.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The rework has been going on for a really long time, so it's not so much the rework making us LOSE patrons as it is we're not gaining as much as before due to a lack of new content. That being said, like you mentioned with Graphtreon we are definitely still growing - we lost a lot of patrons during the ~1 year long period where I was horribly depressed from dealing with the loss of my father and barely putting out any content, but things have steadied out in the past few months and we're growing steadily once again.

Don't get me wrong, I like the game too, but the h content seems very optional now. Not a big fan of consensual sex in h-games and also sucks that he removed the dogs. Can't hate the guy though, he works hard on the game and I really want his game to succeed.
I can understand why you and others feel that way about the h-content, but it's sort of intended to be optional in a way? Not that I don't want the h-content to be important to the game - far from it, I'm just incorporating it more on a story and world-building level than a gameplay level, and then using it as a reward for playing the game and progressing further. One of the biggest reasons behind the change was that I hate it when H-content is forced on the player, since H-scenes take quite some time to play out and break the pace of gameplay because of it - by making it a player choice, I allow the player to see it whenever they like, appease Patreon's new ToS, and satisfy my own desire to prevent H-content from breaking the pace and flow of regular gameplay, three birds with one stone. Then, the H-content becomes more of a reward for playing the game than a punishment for losing, and I plan on making the majority of my games function in a similar way, using H-content as a reward for progress. I also plan on adding some story H-scenes in Crisis Point as well, not just with enemies. Honestly I'm considering leaning away from enemy H-scenes for future titles as well, since it's really limited the amount of enemies I can add - that or making it so only SOME enemies can have H-scenes in future games. That's all still up in the air though.

obligitury

Sex Demon
Reputation score
I do hope enemies having H-scenes during gameplay will still be a thing in the future games, part of the reason why I prefer action games over RPG games is because once you interact with some enemy, you see an H-scene right then and there, instead of other games that ether force you to die or only have story related H-scenes.
I dont mind if they are specific enemies for the game or all enemies, just as long as there is an enemy that can do that during gameplay.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I do hope enemies having H-scenes during gameplay will still be a thing in the future games, part of the reason why I prefer action games over RPG games is because once you interact with some enemy, you see an H-scene right then and there, instead of other games that ether force you to die or only have story related H-scenes.
I dont mind if they are specific enemies for the game or all enemies, just as long as there is an enemy that can do that during gameplay.
Well, keep in mind I might not always make action games, but I get what you mean. I can tell you for sure we won't ever have H-content that requires you to die or lose, as that's explicitly what I was trying to get rid of by changing CP:E's H-scenes. And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I plan on making ONLY story related H-scenes in future games, I just want to try and find a way to incorporate H into my games without conflicting with gameplay or compromising on gameplay variety. Not being able to add enough enemy types in Crisis Point has been a really big issue for me, our enemy variety is pretty small compared to most Metroidvanias out there. I've put a lot of thought into our options so maybe I'm just overthinking it, but I've always been concerned that making only SOME enemies have H-scenes would upset players if they see an enemy they really want an H-scene for, only to realize they don't have one, you know? Ideally I want to have H-scenes that are repeatable in some way that the player can access easily whenever they feel like watching them, and that have a few different types of scenes like the difference between sprite H-scenes and CGs in CP:E.

easy85

Reputation score
I can tell you for sure we won't ever have H-content that requires you to die or lose, as that's explicitly what I was trying to get rid of by changing CP:E's H-scenes.
And bless you for that.
I just want to try and find a way to incorporate H into my games without conflicting with gameplay or compromising on gameplay variety.
But you already did? The mist that fills up your "horniness meter" in the forest stage. I wondered why it's not used earlier in the game. She's on "horny planet" and pretty much everybody got infected by "horniness" but the heroine is not affected by it at all until you reach 3rd stage.
This mist can be used as alternate attack from an enemy when you get too close or/and as an environment hazard - maybe as contaminated water puddles in the cave, that purple sludge in the second stage (which doesn't do much currently). Touching the mist would fill the meter and upon filling the heroine initiates a h-scene with the nearest enemy or masturbates. As penalty, you lose HP (small amount). Initiating h-scene by yourself (with "h" key) still heals you but fills up the meter too so you can't abuse it to constantly heal (works as balance factor). The meter would slowly go down with time (so basically your "sex healing" has a cooldown).

Fits the lore, fits the patreon rules (the heroine initiates the scene, not monsters), fits the gameplay and h-content becomes an integral part of the experience, a game mechanic, instead being something "on the side" (like it is now, because if you play properly and you are good at the game, you won't see any of it).
Don't try reinventing the fire, when you already have the mechanic in the game - just use it everywhere, instead limiting it to one stage.

samlans

Demon Girl
Reputation score
the only problem i have for know is when you get your dash with the energie barriers are loud as hell
i had to mute my headseat because muting the game didnt really work for me

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
But you already did? The mist that fills up your "horniness meter" in the forest stage. I wondered why it's not used earlier in the game. She's on "horny planet" and pretty much everybody got infected by "horniness" but the heroine is not affected by it at all until you reach 3rd stage.
This mist can be used as alternate attack from an enemy when you get too close or/and as an environment hazard - maybe as contaminated water puddles in the cave, that purple sludge in the second stage (which doesn't do much currently). Touching the mist would fill the meter and upon filling the heroine initiates a h-scene with the nearest enemy or masturbates. As penalty, you lose HP (small amount). Initiating h-scene by yourself (with "h" key) still heals you but fills up the meter too so you can't abuse it to constantly heal (works as balance factor). The meter would slowly go down with time (so basically your "sex healing" has a cooldown).

Fits the lore, fits the patreon rules (the heroine initiates the scene, not monsters), fits the gameplay and h-content becomes an integral part of the experience, a game mechanic, instead being something "on the side" (like it is now, because if you play properly and you are good at the game, you won't see any of it).
Don't try reinventing the fire, when you already have the mechanic in the game - just use it everywhere, instead limiting it to one stage.
I meant more along the lines of my future games, since I already have a pretty clear idea of what I want to do with CP:E's H-content. Like you mentioned, I plan on adding plenty more enemies/obstacles around the game that affect the libido meter, so it isn't just limited to the Deep Soil - though I don't plan on making H-scenes hurt the player, and filling the libido meter when you initiate H-scenes yourself wouldn't work, since every H-scene's orgasm causes your libido meter to empty as Alicia's need for sex is satisfied. Don't forget too that I do plan on having several H-scenes you can engage in as the story progresses, which is why I mentioned the idea of having multiple kinds of H-content - since you brought up the idea of "playing well = no H-scenes", I want to elaborate that enemy H-scenes are intentionally designed in such a way that you aren't forced to see them if you play well, as they're the type of content that slows down the pace of gameplay so much, which is what I want to avoid for players who want to focus on the gameplay. Hopefully the H-content will feel less optional as the game's development progresses, since you'll have three major ways of encountering H-content: you can either trigger a scene manually or by messing up and getting your libido meter filled (which, as mentioned above, will be more prevalent in the future), you can get a bit more lore and CG scenes by capturing enemies and talking to Birch whenever you want (made easier by the ability to warp back to camp from save points at the very start of the game), and then you'll eventually be able to get unique sex scenes by progressing in the story and exploring the game.

the only problem i have for know is when you get your dash with the energie barriers are loud as hell
i had to mute my headseat because muting the game didnt really work for me
Do you mean that muting the game doesn't mute the audio from the energy barriers? I'll look into that and probably lower the overall volume of those as well, sorry about that.

samlans

Demon Girl
Reputation score
dont know if this was already posted, but am lost,
I can seem to find where to go after the tar boss

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
dont know if this was already posted, but am lost,
I can seem to find where to go after the tar boss
If you haven't found your way yet, take a look through the Caves area - you need to use the Dash ability you got a bit before the tar boss to find a new area.

(The following is a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everyone! Welcome again to another CP:E weekly development update, where I ramble on for a while before returning to my work hovel for another week. This week's update isn't particularly large - not because we didn't make much progress, but just because most of this update's major features have already been finished weeks ago, so right now I'm mostly doing cleanup and polish. Because of the sheer size of this update, that part is taking longer than usual, but I can safely say now that we're getting close to being able to put this update out! Right now I'm mostly waiting on assets from other members of the team, like sprite animations and the finalized Tentacle CG, which are both proceeding well. I fully expect to be able to keep our timeframe of releasing somewhere between January 15th-22nd right now. Enough about the future though, let's take a look into the past.. the past week, specifically. This isn't gonna be some major post where I reflect on development or anything, that can wait until the game's actually finished.

Again, not a lot of MAJOR things happened this week since most of that was done already, but I did boatloads of playtesting and fixed a lot of major glitches, both ones that were added during development of THIS update and some that have been in the game for quite some time now. Hopefully this update will be more stable than usual out of the gate.. but I promise nothing in that regard.
Aside from metric bunches of testing and bugfixing, I also managed to implement an improvement to the status menu, where you swap your blaster chips, check your upgrades, put in skill points, etc.

Higher quality here:

As you can see, instead of using an extra button to swap between the 3 sections of the menu, you simply scroll through the menus as if it were all one big menu. You still need an extra button to swap submenus (such as between the 2 blaster sets and the 3 skill types), but hopefully this will alleviate a lot of people's issues with the menus being cumbersome to navigate, as this functions a lot more like.. well, every other game out there.

So aside from bugfixes and improving menu navigation, I've been working on a lot of little bits of polish - from messing with audio volume, to adding sounds to things that needed them. Oh! I also finally finished retiling all areas of the Summit, so the old tileset is officially gonezo at long last. Feels good to finally have that finished.. and now I can start working on retiling the Deep Soil instead, joyous day! (kill me)

After this update comes out, like I've mentioned before, I'll be putting all of my efforts towards a public demo and an HTML5 port of said public demo. To recap my plans there, I plan on taking up to a full month off of regular CP:E development (other team members will continue creating assets) to work on those demos - if they end up taking LONGER than a month, though, then I'll stop focusing on them and resume regular development while working on those demos on the side, so that development of the game doesn't fall too far behind. So long story short, this is it. This is most likely the final weekly update before The Great Rework™ officially comes to a close, and primary development of Crisis Point: Extinction resumes at long last. There's still a LOT of reworking to be done, don't get me wrong - the Deep Soil hasn't really been touched much, Alicia's Breast Expansion debuff still needs to be reworked, and I still have some changes I want to make in the Summit - but that's just the nature of game development, and instead of focusing on just reworking things, we'll be maintaining a healthier balance of reworks and new content going forward. I dunno about you guys, but I'm beyond excited about what the future of Crisis Point has to offer, and thanks to all of you and your support, we're finally gonna get there. Let's fucking do this.
-A42

samlans

Demon Girl
Reputation score
If you haven't found your way yet, take a look through the Caves area - you need to use the Dash ability you got a bit before the tar boss to find a new area.

Hey everyone! Welcome again to another CP:E weekly development update, where I ramble on for a while before returning to my work hovel for another week. This week's update isn't particularly large - not because we didn't make much progress, but just because most of this update's major features have already been finished weeks ago, so right now I'm mostly doing cleanup and polish. Because of the sheer size of this update, that part is taking longer than usual, but I can safely say now that we're getting close to being able to put this update out! Right now I'm mostly waiting on assets from other members of the team, like sprite animations and the finalized Tentacle CG, which are both proceeding well. I fully expect to be able to keep our timeframe of releasing somewhere between January 15th-22nd right now. Enough about the future though, let's take a look into the past.. the past week, specifically. This isn't gonna be some major post where I reflect on development or anything, that can wait until the game's actually finished.

Again, not a lot of MAJOR things happened this week since most of that was done already, but I did boatloads of playtesting and fixed a lot of major glitches, both ones that were added during development of THIS update and some that have been in the game for quite some time now. Hopefully this update will be more stable than usual out of the gate.. but I promise nothing in that regard.
Aside from metric bunches of testing and bugfixing, I also managed to implement an improvement to the status menu, where you swap your blaster chips, check your upgrades, put in skill points, etc.

Higher quality here:

As you can see, instead of using an extra button to swap between the 3 sections of the menu, you simply scroll through the menus as if it were all one big menu. You still need an extra button to swap submenus (such as between the 2 blaster sets and the 3 skill types), but hopefully this will alleviate a lot of people's issues with the menus being cumbersome to navigate, as this functions a lot more like.. well, every other game out there.

So aside from bugfixes and improving menu navigation, I've been working on a lot of little bits of polish - from messing with audio volume, to adding sounds to things that needed them. Oh! I also finally finished retiling all areas of the Summit, so the old tileset is officially gonezo at long last. Feels good to finally have that finished.. and now I can start working on retiling the Deep Soil instead, joyous day! (kill me)

After this update comes out, like I've mentioned before, I'll be putting all of my efforts towards a public demo and an HTML5 port of said public demo. To recap my plans there, I plan on taking up to a full month off of regular CP:E development (other team members will continue creating assets) to work on those demos - if they end up taking LONGER than a month, though, then I'll stop focusing on them and resume regular development while working on those demos on the side, so that development of the game doesn't fall too far behind. So long story short, this is it. This is most likely the final weekly update before The Great Rework™ officially comes to a close, and primary development of Crisis Point: Extinction resumes at long last. There's still a LOT of reworking to be done, don't get me wrong - the Deep Soil hasn't really been touched much, Alicia's Breast Expansion debuff still needs to be reworked, and I still have some changes I want to make in the Summit - but that's just the nature of game development, and instead of focusing on just reworking things, we'll be maintaining a healthier balance of reworks and new content going forward. I dunno about you guys, but I'm beyond excited about what the future of Crisis Point has to offer, and thanks to all of you and your support, we're finally gonna get there. Let's fucking do this.
-A42
Thx i was looking in the wrong area, i am now not lost but exploring

A quick question where did you get the idea for the red girl boss with the sniper, it reminded me of the sniper unit of castlevania portrait of ruin

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
A quick question where did you get the idea for the red girl boss with the sniper, it reminded me of the sniper unit of castlevania portrait of ruin
Wow, that's a reference I thought noone would ever pick up on! You're correct, the 3rd boss's sniper attack was definitely inspired by the Lerajie sniper enemies in Castlevania, including her "I see you" voice clip that plays with the attack. Nice catch!

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The day you've all been waiting for so patiently has finally arrived, ladies and gentlemen. Pop the champagne and get ready to party, because The Great Rework™ is officially COMPLETE! Thanks to all of your support, Crisis Point: Extinction has made frankly unbelievable progress in the past few years. It took a lot longer than I wanted thanks to many factors I won't go into here, but we're finally here. Crisis Point is almost unrecognizable compared to the game it was when we started, and it's all thanks to all of you, your incredible patience with me and my failures, and your unending support as we worked towards making this the game that you all deserve. This is one hell of an update, so strap in as we go over everything that was added.

CPE intro ship.png

v0.33 MAJOR CHANGES
-Finished The Great Rework™
-Completed tiling the Summit area, including minor level redesigns and proper animation for flowing tar
-Added in-game sprite H-scene gallery, similar to the current standalone gallery
-Added Boss H-scenes to the CG list ingame so you can view them without dying to that boss
-Added death animations for more enemies (all pre-Deep Soil enemies now have death animations)
-Added intro 18+ and gamepad disclaimers, and improved intro text crawl sequence
-Added toggleable in-game tutorials explaining basic controls and functions at various points of the game
-Added warp animation effect to enemies when they're captured and warped back to base, and when Alicia warps between areas
-Screen shake effect added to various things (such as the Force Shot exploding)
-Tentacle CG replaced by a new CG drawn by our new artist, Kuso
-New dynamic music added to Summit and Caves that changes based on where in the area you are
-New music added to the title screen
-Added a few more environmental dialogues to the beginning of the game, before Alicia meets anybody else on the planet
-Tripled the number of sex moans Alicia has for each sprite H-scene, for more audio variety and less repetition
-Added more secret rooms
-Completely reworked the starting rooms with new artwork
-Re-coded background parallax drawing code to be far more efficient, should lead to performance gains for anyone who had lag before
-Stagger animations for all enemies that can stagger were finished and fully detailed
-More small unique animations for certain cutscenes were added
-The human base camp, where you meet Rodriguez, has been given a number of new visual elements to make it appear more base-like, including some that get destroyed after the first boss attacks camp
-Fixed a metric buttton of glitches, both major and minor (see the end of the post for details)

And that's just the major stuff I felt was worth mentioning. As you can probably tell by comparing this to our previous updates, v0.33 is HUGE. Orders of magnitude bigger than any update before it, despite the development cycle only being 2 weeks longer than usual. I did my best to pull out all the stops on this one to make it something special, so hopefully you'll have a fantastic time with it. I'm immeasurably proud of how far we've come in just one update, and it's a good sign of things to come - development from here on out is going to be different, in a much better way.
There is one thing I want to mention - at the end of Alicia's voiced monologue during the intro, there's a small bit of text detailing that their ship crashed, etc. That's a temporary measure, as we didn't have enough time to get the animations for a real intro cutscene finished in time for this update release. It's my hope that we can finish that cutscene and release it along with the public demo, and hotfix it into the Patreon builds as well, so keep an eye out for that. There's also a CG sequence planned to be added to the intro, but that's a ways off still.

Because of my plans for the upcoming public demo, I'm actually not going to detail my plans for the next major update yet - for those of you who weren't aware, I'm going to be taking up to a month off from regular CP:E development to instead work on a public demo - both a downloadable copy, and an HTML5 port to be hosted on various places like Newgrounds. The downloadable copy shouldn't be too difficult, but the HTML5 port is new territory for me, and I have no idea how much effort it's going to take - if I get those demos done quicker than a month, then I'll start work on v0.34 once they're done. If it takes LONGER than a month, though, I'm going to start development on v0.34 anyway, and just work on the HTML5 port in my spare time, so that development on the main game doesn't fall too far behind.

Well, that's about it from me for this update. Remember to check the bottom of the post if you want to see the (frankly absurd amount of) bugs I fixed this update, and one final time.. thank you all, from the bottom of my heart. Your endless support for this game and me means more than I can ever say, and I'm gonna do my best to deliver you all one of the best H-games out there.
-A42

And before I forget, here's a lil' preview of what $10+ patrons have to look forward to in that new Tentacle CG I mentioned.
tentacle-1_s.png

v0.33 BUG FIXES AND MINOR CHANGES
-Alicia's arm no longer disconnects from her body when you aim directly up while in the run-to-stand transition animation
-Text in the Boss 2 H-scene is no longer double sized
-Fixed an EXTREMELY rare glitch where Alicia could get permanently locked in her sliding animation if a slide was performed in a very specific position and time
-Fixed a bug where player could keep debug mode active into a new game
-Fixed a softlock where interacting with a save point in the middle of a dash, then warping to a new location, would make Alicia unable to move when the warp finished
-Added a beam wall in the room leading to the Deep Soil where you have to use Dash to progress in the hopes of making it clearer how to proceed
-Fixed a few optional rooms in the late Deep Soil being impossible to traverse with current powerups
-Implemented a possible fix for strong computers having their FPS capped at ~50 instead of 60 in rare cases
-Fixed a softlock bug when you use the Wire Shot just before transitioning into a new room, leading to Alicia being permanently stuck in the Wire Shot animation unless an enemy knocks her out of it
-Fixed a bug that caused erratic movement when you dashed into a wall while also touching a ghost platform
-Fixed a bug where sliding on a platform that's rising upward, and being pushed upward into a ceiling while sliding, would cause Alicia to get stuck in the ceiling with no way out
-Fixed an issue where the Warped Soldier BE H-scene looped itself infinitely until you manually cancel it
-Player no longer continues running after interacting with the letter at the end of the game, if they were holding left or right when interacting with it
-Sound effect added to crumble floors when they break
-Fixed a bug where dashing into a tight spot where a Ghost Platform was below you and a solid ceiling was above you would lead to Alicia getting stuck in the ceiling
-Status menu has been reworked to allow standard movement keys to go between the three sections, rather than using an extra button to switch between tabs
-Force Shot and Melee attacks should now be capable of damaging Boss 3
-Environmental conversations should no longer continue playing when the game is paused if the player pauses at the same frame a conversation starts
-Fixed a small amount of incorrect text in some CG scenes
-Fixed "automated sex scenes" option not saving and loading properly
-Fixed a softlock bug in the Catacombs where leaving the room with the Cursed Orb before destroying the Cursed Orb made it disappear without removing the curse, disabling progression
-Reworked boss fight H-scenes to use the same code as other H-scenes, giving them consistent audio and length with the rest of the game's H-scenes
-Reduced volume of looping Laser Wall sound and fixed a bug where their volume was not changing with global sound effect volume setting
-Fixed an issue where tar rain would briefly appear when the player boots up the game and loads into a Summit area after having already killed boss 2
-Boss H-scenes are now affected by the "Automated H-scenes" option, and the player can control boss H-scenes as well
-Background in the Boss 3 H-scene has been updated
-New jingles added for collecting certain powerups, and jingle volume reduced around the board to be more in line with the rest of the game
-Boom Shot primary chip damage raised from 4 to 6
-Walking into a room transition, then immediately dashing in the opposite direction, no longer leads to getting behind room transition blocks
-Fixed glitch where you were able to switch between solo/duo and BE/non-BE H-scenes in gameplay
-Dashing under a platform that was right above water no longer leads to Alicia getting stuck
-Boss H-scene rooms now load their darkness and lighting values properly
-Moved Electro Shot bullet chip to a new, much more secret location
-Fixed a minor memory leak that happened every time the game was paused
-Slightly optimized code for Force Shot charge particle effects
-Implemented volume change on blaster weapons where, when shooting frequently, the volume will dim after a few shots until the player doesn't shoot for a few moments, to make the sound less annoying in extended fights (also lowered the max volume of the blaster slightly)
-Screen shake added to Force Shot explosions, enemy death, and a cutscene
-Melee weapon attacks can no longer open security doors (changed because it made it possible to skip obtaining the gun at the start of the game)
-Minor lighting engine behavior added so that the lighting level gradually lowers as the player falls from the Summit to the Catacombs
-Made it so the sound that plays when changing volume levels in the Audio/Video menu changes its volume based on the volume of the setting you're changing
-Icons meant to signal interactions have been changed to display the appropriate keybind rather than a generic up arrow
-Environmental Dialogue text is no longer zoomed when an H-scene starts during a conversation, which made it either go completely offscreen or only show a small bit of the conversation text
-Destructible blocks should no longer occasionally stop a bullet from destroying them as if they were a normal wall
-The map should no longer glitch out when the window size is changed or fullscreen is toggled in the menu
-Fixed some unintended collision behavior with the Laser Shot
-Game can no longer be softlocked by enemies in an H-scene dying from fire damage
-Changed CG list to only display currently unlockable CGs, to make it clear when the player has found all current CGs
-Pressing Shift no longer causes duplicate text to appear when typing in map notes
-Crumble blocks no longer disappear visually if the player pauses and unpauses while in a room with them
-Stepping over save points now refills your Force Shot ammo (but not Overcharge)
-Laser Shot can no longer hit enemies through walls
-Cutscenes now cancel environmental dialogues, which previously led to overlapping voice clips
-FINALLY FIXED BOSS 2 CRASH
-Colour of the Alraune's cum is now consistently slightly green in all scenes
-Lowering yourself to the ground during a Wire Ride no longer causes Alicia's animations to bug out until you do something to reset her state
-Fixed more issues involving Ledge Grab, should be functionally stable now
-Fixed an issue where Alicia could stand up while crouching under low ceilings, but only under certain types of blocks
-Fixed a missing wall in the entry area of the Summit that allowed players with the debug double jump to get out of bounds
-Fixed some issues with certain Skill Points and Health Packs disappearing even if you hadn't collected them

Last edited:

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
One think I suggest doing is making the human base camp more 'lived in' so to speak when you have to go back there after beating a boss. Like more equipment set up, stuff moved around, set pieces from the various levels in large testing tubes (like a dead bug enemy floating in liquid), and furniture even. It's just to make it seem like the two guys are actually doing something while you're gone. I'm not saying change the room up every single time time you enter and exit the room, but change it up when you go back to the room for a scripted event.

Also there are secret rooms? Like I'd need to shoot at a wall to open up kind of secret room?

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
One think I suggest doing is making the human base camp more 'lived in' so to speak when you have to go back there after beating a boss. Like more equipment set up, stuff moved around, set pieces from the various levels in large testing tubes (like a dead bug enemy floating in liquid), and furniture even. It's just to make it seem like the two guys are actually doing something while you're gone. I'm not saying change the room up every single time time you enter and exit the room, but change it up when you go back to the room for a scripted event.

Also there are secret rooms? Like I'd need to shoot at a wall to open up kind of secret room?
That is something I really want to do, actually, we just haven't had time. It won't be anything like them "moving in", since the team on SX-69 has been there for quite some time now, but I definitely want to have them change a bit as you go through the game, like having Rodriguez messing with the computer, having Birch examine the plants growing, having one of them set up a ladder and trying to fix the fans that broke, stuff like that. It's just not super high priority since it's all flavor stuff rather than functional stuff.

As for the secret rooms, there aren't any you need to shoot random walls to open - ALL of the secrets are telegraphed in some way, and that's a promise for all of Crisis Point's secrets. There won't ever be a secret where you have to aimlessly bash your head or shoot randomly against every wall to find them, as long as you have a good eye and look for little hints in the environment.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
That is something I really want to do, actually, we just haven't had time. It won't be anything like them "moving in", since the team on SX-69 has been there for quite some time now, but I definitely want to have them change a bit as you go through the game, like having Rodriguez messing with the computer, having Birch examine the plants growing, having one of them set up a ladder and trying to fix the fans that broke, stuff like that. It's just not super high priority since it's all flavor stuff rather than functional stuff.

As for the secret rooms, there aren't any you need to shoot random walls to open - ALL of the secrets are telegraphed in some way, and that's a promise for all of Crisis Point's secrets. There won't ever be a secret where you have to aimlessly bash your head or shoot randomly against every wall to find them, as long as you have a good eye and look for little hints in the environment.
Ah good so it's not like Metroid: Zero Mission where you're bombing the walls of Brinstar just trying to find the place where you have to do the stupid Shinespark puzzle.

EDIT: So I'm going through v0.33 and when I try to view the tar ball scene, I get this

of Step Event2
for object objPlayer:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,35] out of range [1,27] - -1.sex_voices(100150,35)
at gml_Script_scrPlaySexVoice
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scrPlaySexVoice (line -1)
gml_Script_scrImage_Sounds
gml_Object_objPlayer_Step_2

Last edited:
OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Ah good so it's not like Metroid: Zero Mission where you're bombing the walls of Brinstar just trying to find the place where you have to do the stupid Shinespark puzzle.

EDIT: So I'm going through v0.33 and when I try to view the tar ball scene, I get this

of Step Event2
for object objPlayer:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,35] out of range [1,27] - -1.sex_voices(100150,35)
at gml_Script_scrPlaySexVoice
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Script_scrPlaySexVoice (line -1)
gml_Script_scrImage_Sounds
gml_Object_objPlayer_Step_2
Hm, I think I might know what's happening there, it's incredibly specific timing and I think you just got really unlucky. Unless you're able to replicate it every time? I should be able to fix it in any case, sorry you ran into that - and thanks for the report. Hope the rest of your playthrough has been good, at least!

warofted

Reputation score
This game was something I really look forward to so I will put in my two cents. For me, the "Consensual" approach and masturbate to activate h-scene really breaks the immersion of the world. Before then, it feels like you were trying to create a world with an immersible atmosphere, but now, the game just feels like a porn game where you press a certain key to watch H-scene and that just feels way too "artificial" which I can't think of a better word to put it. The main protagonist now has nothing at stake, nor does it feel like she is in a world of danger in any way. This game just feels like a glorified version of a sex amusement park with sex toys all around. We control the character around this amusement park and choose where and what she sex and maybe shoot some stuff along the way for the purpose of "good gameplay". These supposedly wild and dangerous creatures are gentlemen of course and are highly aware of and consciously keeping track of if our protagonist is in mood for love or not. This killed the tension between Alicia and the dangerous world she was once in and I don't feel like the game is engaging for the players anymore due to this fundamental change in the game's atmosphere. Imagine playing Resident Evil 2 where the enemies are only allowed to slap you on the wrist, but they can bite you from time to time when you as a player purposely expose the neck of your character by pressing certain key and yell "Come bite me!" And the enemy happily nibbled. That is what this is like. I must stress that backstory and immersion are also part of what makes a game memorable, and when you switch out certain element in favor of another, I'm afraid you are going to lose some aspect of the game which a lot of players enjoyed (Sort of like how Bethesda or Diablo3 are out of loop with their audiences and tries to appease everyone by making the game more vanilla and ends up pleasing no one). But if you are trying to create the game purely out of passion and just for yourself, then more power to you I guess. Not to mention, I don't know why people keep getting the idea that rewarding player for losing is considered as "bad game design" when it can be a form of core design that players like and enjoy. Interruption to the game's pace is not something the players are complaining about and is only a problem to the developers on their high horse who is out of touch with what their original audiences liked and enjoyed. The sex scene on losing might not be punishing to the players, but it punishes the protagonist which reinforce the immersion of the world she lives in and it is also an important aspect of storytelling, that is the reason of why this type of design is still very popular. You need to understand your niche, what genre and audience the game is for and having certain non-traditional element doesn't make it a bad game design so long as you can do it well. There is a difference between playing a game with an immersible world and hentai elements in it vs. playing a game for the sake of playing a porn game, and I am afraid the recent change just shift the game toward the later and transformed Alicia from a likable resilient sci-fi survivor into a shallow horny hentai sloot which are saturated everywhere in this market. Thanks for listening to my rant because posting a block of texts is the only thing I can do after following your game for years. This is a disappointing change of event and sadly, I will no longer be supporting this game but I do hope you gain the attraction of others who share your vision. Good luck.

Last edited:

x1011001

Lurker
Reputation score
That is something I really want to do, actually, we just haven't had time.
I hope you'll be able to add and tweak stuff as a hobby. Sometimes the best changes, even the big ones, come much later. It's a pity many of the devs abandon their games once they think it's "complete."