What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Anon42] Crisis Point: Extinction

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

Hey everybody! Sorry for not posting a weekly update in a bit; the last few we posted on Patreon were very light on content as we were focusing in on finishing the update. Good news, though: v0.42 is now released and ready to be played for our $10+ Patrons!

You can watch the video up above for an overview of what's changed, and here's a slightly more detailed list along with a few words about some of them:

v0.42 MAJOR CHANGES AND FEATURES

-Added lots more areas to explore and secrets to find around the game world
-Rework Boss 3 from the ground up
-Added Kertalus CG (missing Birch voice acting for now)
-Finished H-scene animation between Lucas and Verreda
-Re-added Lucas Atticor voice acting with his new actor, Leo Greystone
-Fixed more bugs and issues

As always, a list of bug fixes will be at the bottom of the post. The main thing this update was the Boss 3 rework. It's still not FULLY complete, as the animations are on the rougher side (please forgive the vine arm grapple animations especially), but as far as the fight itself goes, it's functionally complete, and in my opinion it's MUCH more fun than the old fight, so I hope you guys enjoy it!

Aside from that, we also added the Kertalus CG (which is missing Birch's voice lines, but is otherwise complete), and Orexius spent a bunch of time finishing up the Lucas+Verreda scene. That animation took much longer than anticipated because of the complexity of it; there are several versions of the animation that change throughout the cutscene, on top of the climax, so it took much longer than an H-scene usually takes. Unfortunately there's no way to rewatch the scene on a file where you've already passed it, so I'm afraid you'll have to replay the game in order to see that scene - in the future we'll probably implement a way to re-view cutscenes, but we haven't had the time yet. Lastly, Lucas Atticor has voice acting again, thanks to his new actor Leo Greystone getting the lines done just in time, so big shoutouts to him! He's done a phenomenal job!

v0.43 GOALS

-Finish Boss 3 rework visuals, and add cutscenes related to Boss 3
-MORE areas to explore and secrets to find
-Add some more bullet chip types
-Fill in some more environmental dialogue conversations at various parts of the game
-Add more H-scenes, if time permits
-Work on a new enemy type (might not be added this update)
-Fix more bugs and issues

v0.43 will be focused on pretty much the same stuff as v0.42, namely adding more content, and finishing the boss 3 rework. There's a lot of story stuff that will be coming up soon in CPE, so I'll be making preparations for some of that too. In general, we should be making a lot of progress towards the completion of the game in the near future, so I hope you're looking forward to it!

That's enough outta me for today, though. As always, the download link will be in the post after this one - and for those of you who have unpledged, keep an eye on your DMs, and you should be receiving a link from me soon if you were pledged at $10+ during development of this update!

Thank you SO much to all of our patrons, and an extra super massive shoutout to our top patrons for this dev cycle:

SeraphStarliege
Katsune Teku
HURTZ
Benjamin Arnold
Fortunekuger
Leon Kiske
Resident Jojo Reference
Pedro Fraga

You guys are all such damn awesome people and I can't possibly thank you enough!
See you in the next update!
-A42

v0.42 MINOR CHANGES AND BUG FIXES
-Fixed Alicia not having a Torn Clothes variant on one of her Wire Shot animations
-Fixed instances where the Warped Scientist would not turn to face Alicia when throwing a vial, leading to him throwing the vial backwards
-Fixed some misplaced background assets in the 5th area
-Considerably boosted the damage of the Vampire Shot to compensate for its life-draining effect
-Fixed a long-standing bug causing Laser Shot and Needle Shot bullet types to hit single enemies much more frequently than intended, making them deal far more damage than intended; slightly buffed their per-shot damage to compensate
-It is no longer possible to kill boss 3 by shooting her from the room entrance before the fight starts
-Fixed a bug in which the Force Shot's ammo refund skill could be used to gain a single Overcharged Force Shot, before the Overcharge upgrade was obtained
-Doors now open up automatically if you dash towards them (including extended Hoverjets dash)
-Fixed an issue where you could go up steep ramps without the Hoverjets upgrade by repeatedly melee attacking
-Fixed an issue where certain vertical room transitions could get locked to a black screen if the player was holding left or right while entering them, until the player let go of left and right
-Fixed an issue where a room transition in the Caves would result in the player being inside a wall
-Fixed an issue where thin platforms in a room in the Summit were misplaced

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
(The following is (mostly) a copy-paste from our If you like what you see, )

sawblade.gif
Hey everyone. There's not too much to talk about this week, but I do have some more personal thoughts at the end of the post if you care to read through. First, though, the development update itself: as you can see by the animation up above, I started work on some new blaster types, as well as continuing the writing work I mentioned last week.

There's not much to say about the writing, but I'll detail the gif above! The blaster chip in the clip above is the Sawblade Shot; it fires a small projectile that bursts into a rapidly-spinning sawblade when it collides with an enemy or a wall. The damage it deals is on the lower end of the spectrum, but the rapid hits make it extremely effective at generating Force Shot ammo, which more than makes up for the low damage. The visuals are still very incomplete, so it should look a bit fancier when v0.43 is in your hands.

Aside from that, I also spent some time this week gathering up a list of sound effects that are missing in Crisis Point; I'll be sending the list off to our sound effects guy as soon as it's ready, so hopefully v0.43 will have a lot of missing sounds filled in, like the Crystal Dragon and Boss 3 sound effects.

Lastly, before the update ends, I want to share some thoughts, considering this will be the last weekly update of 2020. It's nothing new to state that this was an incredibly difficult year, I'm sure you've heard it a million times before from other people - I was personally hoping Crisis Point would be further along by now than it is, but between covid, my own struggles with depression/mental issues, moving across the country, and difficulties adjusting to the shift in work dynamic that comes from hiring on a new employee, things didn't quite go as far as I wanted them to.

I don't think it's right to apologize for that, though. Our progress may not have been as great as I wanted, but we still did a lot of great work this year! For the first time in a while, we managed to mostly stick to our release schedule; v0.41 was a bit late due to the move, but v0.40 had an even faster turnaround time than usual, with only 1.5 months in development. The end result is that we had a solid amount of playable updates this year, and made lots of progress towards completing the game. Crisis Point's story (and content as a whole) is coming together quickly, and I expect it to only speed up from here as we gradually approach the finish line.

Despite 2020 not signaling as much progress as I hoped, Crisis Point is in a better, and more consistent place, than ever before. We're still a ways away from the game being done, but we have an internal roadmap detailing what needs to be done before the game is complete (and to keep scope creep in check), and things are most definitely looking up. Above everything else, we have all of you, our Patrons and followers alike, to thank for where Crisis Point is today; looking back on the game's early days compared to now is truly striking. The game might be done by now if we had kept all those early assets, but it certainly wouldn't be anywhere near the level of quality it's at today, and it wouldn't be the quality you all deserve. I can't thank you enough for giving us the opportunity to really make something fantastic.

2020 was an awful year for everyone, but you all have taken an immeasurable weight off my shoulders by keeping a roof over our heads and food on our plates. Thank you so much for sticking with us, for supporting and believing in us, and for letting us take the time to make Crisis Point as good as it can possibly be. I hope your holidays were a bright spot in this overwhelming year, and that things continue to look up from here! We'll see you on the other side, friends, in 2021!

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I like the idea of implementing support tools to lessen the downtime between weapons while expecting you to work for it. The Sawblade Shot certainly helps with more consistent damage output, but this comes down to how you'll balance out the resource gain to cost ratio, and how much that ratio ends up being modifiable through skills and chips. Maybe you could even add some kind of "weakpoint" system for bigger enemies where hitting them with the Sawblade Shot in certain areas or at the right time generates extra Force Shot ammo, but that's semantics.

All in all, I'm just glad you're hanging in there, so here's to a great 2021 for all of us to leave the bad times behind!

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Hey everyone! Before I get into the weekly update, I have a very special announcement to make!

(NSFW trailer available here: )

Crisis Point: Extinction v0.42, the Patron-only playable update that was just released in December, is temporarily available for free, for everyone, starting right now!

If you go to the link above, you'll be able to download a standalone copy of v0.42 to keep forever. The download will only be available for a week, until the end of the 10th, so make sure you jump on it quick!

Our $10 Patrons were unbelievably generous, and unanimously voted to allow me to give this out to all of you, as thanks for supporting and following me during the hellish year that was 2020. My community helped me keep creating during what was easily the hardest year of my generation's collective lifetime, and I will always be grateful for that, so I felt it was only right to give back in some capacity.

This download won't be replacing our public demo; after a week, v0.42 will be removed from , though you can of course keep the download indefinitely if you already got it. But until then, download it and play away! Make sure you share it with anyone you know that might be interested, too; v0.42 is the culmination of all our work up until this point, and there's a lot of game there to enjoy!

With that done, now for the weekly update!

https://soundcloud.com/anon-42-498945869%2Fcrisis-point-extinction-camp_a
Here's a music preview up above for you to listen to and enjoy, the theme song for the Torguis encampment. This track will be in the next update, and will play during their introduction cutscene and whenever you go to the camp after that. We plan to add a song for the human camp too, eventually!

Aside from that, it's been a pretty slow week, to be honest. Between new years celebrations and festivities, and me somehow managing to throw out my wrist (I'm writing this in a wristbrace now lmao), things were slower than I'd like. Orexius has been kicking ass on the animations though, and I did still make progress in various areas - I implemented the Torguis encampment theme you hear up above, fixed a major visual bug with the Map screen that I was unable to replicate on my own (thanks to Temp3h on the f95 forum for bringing it to my attention and helping me test a fix!), and did some work on the UI for Bullet Chips to accommodate the addition of more chips (like adding a scrollbar, since there's more than 10 A-type chips now).

Now that things have calmed down from New Years, I'm hoping to get back into streaming regularly again, so keep an eye out for that! Until then though, that's about all I have for this update. Thank you all so much for continuing to support us through thick and thin; I wouldn't be here doing this without all of you, and it means the world to me. We'll see you next update, and I hope you all enjoy v0.42!

Last edited:

PaNiq

Demon Girl
Reputation score
So is save file sharing a thing now? I've downloaded the game now that it's free, but I can't play an H-game for few hours to complete it, since I live with other people. Is there any way for me to have a full save file, or maybe a walkthrough?

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
That theme song is pretty dope!
Thank you! The music is honestly one of my favorite things about the game, I jam to the soundtrack constantly.

So is save file sharing a thing now? I've downloaded the game now that it's free, but I can't play an H-game for few hours to complete it, since I live with other people. Is there any way for me to have a full save file, or maybe a walkthrough?
Save sharing is a thing, yes! I fixed the bug preventing that a while ago, thankfully. I don't have a save or walkthrough I can give you, but hopefully someone else can help, if you're unable to complete the game on your own

Diurdi

Lurker
Reputation score
Call me a brainlet but how do I progress through the catacombs?
Edit: Nvm I AM a brainlet. Just make sure you guys try going back from where you came from

Last edited:

PaNiq

Demon Girl
Reputation score
What do I do after getting the weighted boots? I went around underwater but there seems to be nothing down there. There's two areas I couldn't explore because there's a water current pushing me away, and I have no idea what else I should be doing.

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Wow, not got the the newer content yet, but I just wanted to throw out there that the wire shot rework is amazing. I remember reading about the rework, and thinking, "good for them for making it better, still not sure I'll bother with it" but man was I wrong. It feel so much smoother to use, and is now my go to strategy for the shield soldiers, rather than a gimick you use once, then don't bother with again. It was definitely worth the time spent going over that part again.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
What do I do after getting the weighted boots? I went around underwater but there seems to be nothing down there. There's two areas I couldn't explore because there's a water current pushing me away, and I have no idea what else I should be doing.
I'm not sure what underwater areas you went to, but underwater is indeed the correct way to go. In general, look to your map when you get lost - try to find areas of your map that have chunks missing or room connections you haven't been to, and start your search there. There's several different underwater entrances in the Deep Soil, and two of them lead to the path forward.

Wow, not got the the newer content yet, but I just wanted to throw out there that the wire shot rework is amazing. I remember reading about the rework, and thinking, "good for them for making it better, still not sure I'll bother with it" but man was I wrong. It feel so much smoother to use, and is now my go to strategy for the shield soldiers, rather than a gimick you use once, then don't bother with again. It was definitely worth the time spent going over that part again.
Thank you! I'm thrilled that the rework came out so well and has been well-received. I always felt it was easily the game's weakest upgrade before, but now it's honestly become one of my favorites!

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Alright, I think I've finished all the content in the demo. I've got the wall jump, and I think I've successfully backtracked and acquired all the skill points, shot types and buffs that I can currently reach. Thank you very much by the way for including the ability to mark the map and leave notes. Saves so much backtracking to double check things.

Assuming I've actually got everything I'm supposed to, I have to say the game has only improved since I played the last publicly available demo. Just about everything has been enhanced or made smoother, and the new content is lovely. Usually I cringe when I reach an underwater level, but while it can be slightly slow moving about at times when you want to leave the water, the actual combat and puzzles in the water and well balanced and not annoying at all. I also like the result of the reworked flamethrower to be a fiery melee attack. I used melee a lot more after I got it, and it opened up a whole new way to play, that another ranged weapon like a flamethrower probably wouldn't. I played the whole game on hard, and while some sections took a few tries to figure out the best approach, I never felt like the enemies I was fighting were unfair or that something was done for a cheap shot. It feels like it's designed such that if you played it with perfect skill you could clear the whole game without taking damage, and when you screw up it's on you not the mechanics or cheap enemy or level design.

Only thing I have to say against it is a most minor of nitpicks, which is that the map at x23 y22 claims you can go down, and so far as I can tell, there isn't actually any way to go down. Not even a "this part not available in demo" like there is in other places. Is that a leftover bit of map that used to be there or is there going to be something there but it isn't yet?

All in all, as it is right now it gives hours of entertainment and is a great game, and I only expect it to get better. Looking forwards to watching the game develop further in your posts, and the eventual full release.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Alright, I think I've finished all the content in the demo. I've got the wall jump, and I think I've successfully backtracked and acquired all the skill points, shot types and buffs that I can currently reach. Thank you very much by the way for including the ability to mark the map and leave notes. Saves so much backtracking to double check things.

Assuming I've actually got everything I'm supposed to, I have to say the game has only improved since I played the last publicly available demo. Just about everything has been enhanced or made smoother, and the new content is lovely. Usually I cringe when I reach an underwater level, but while it can be slightly slow moving about at times when you want to leave the water, the actual combat and puzzles in the water and well balanced and not annoying at all. I also like the result of the reworked flamethrower to be a fiery melee attack. I used melee a lot more after I got it, and it opened up a whole new way to play, that another ranged weapon like a flamethrower probably wouldn't. I played the whole game on hard, and while some sections took a few tries to figure out the best approach, I never felt like the enemies I was fighting were unfair or that something was done for a cheap shot. It feels like it's designed such that if you played it with perfect skill you could clear the whole game without taking damage, and when you screw up it's on you not the mechanics or cheap enemy or level design.

Only thing I have to say against it is a most minor of nitpicks, which is that the map at x23 y22 claims you can go down, and so far as I can tell, there isn't actually any way to go down. Not even a "this part not available in demo" like there is in other places. Is that a leftover bit of map that used to be there or is there going to be something there but it isn't yet?

All in all, as it is right now it gives hours of entertainment and is a great game, and I only expect it to get better. Looking forwards to watching the game develop further in your posts, and the eventual full release.
Thank you so, so much for the incredibly high praise! I'm glad you enjoyed the game on Hard mode, too - I typically play on Hard as well, to make sure nothing is overly challenging, but it can be difficult to know if it's actually well balanced or if I'm just too used to playing it :LOL: I'm glad to hear it was a fun challenge for you!

Sorry about that missing room entrance you noticed! I think there are a handful of those around the game right now. I would leave entrances like that sometimes to remind myself that I wanted to put more rooms in that direction; like you noted, they normally get a black wall saying "area not available in this demo", but some of them don't have anything yet. I've tried to remove them as people bring them to my attention but there's still some left, it looks like

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I found a minor map glitch at the left end of the underwater area -
map.png when you're in this room, you're marked as being one square too far to the right on the map

Derpiness123

Reputation score
Can anyone help me find where the walljump is? I feel that it's in a very obvious spot but I can't find it for whatever reason