What's new

Anthophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugmnt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Nice upcoming game similar to Parasite in City. Anyone care to share a save file for the first boss? Feels like it takes forever

cybeast

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Anthophobia

Why the game moves sooooo slow?

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Can't See Shit: The Game.

Also, being turned around upon getting hit is pretty terrible, you're pretty much guaranteed to miss the next swing.
Adds in the fact that the enemy attack can hit as soon as the animation start, rather than with some delay to allow reaction/disruption, this can make for some really frustrating moment like getting hit, miss a swing, then get hit again because there's multiple enemies around and the delay after the missed swing make you remain in a spot until the next enemy's attack land.

Mook

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

pretty good game, I LOVE the hypnotism plant enemy. but there are a lot of great animations on all enemies too. though I didn't see them all, as I died before I could progress further and the checkpoint is a bit far back.

from the looks of the creator's site, the game has been in production for some time now. maybe that means its close to a release? I certainly hope so!

Bloodyryss

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Is there ANY way to progress in this game?

You beat 4 screens end up with no life and no ammo and NO FREAKING SAVEPOINT vs 5 Zombies ....

If this doesnt its not worth playing cause you CANT beat it ... :/

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This game is a piece of shit and you wanna know why?

THIS

You get hit once and you're stuck for good. There is no fucking way to escape and the boxes take forever to break anyway.

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This game is a piece of shit and you wanna know why?

THIS

You get hit once and you're stuck for good. There is no fucking way to escape and the boxes take forever to break anyway.
I wonder if you're supposed to use the Molotov you get to reliably get through there, if it's a usable item.

Using the pipe puts you in danger of getting stun locked by the pollen forever and using your gun eats too much bullets for it to really work out, that and you're expected to get through there quickly with a seemingly endless amount of zombies spawning behind you.

CreamDonut

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

finishd demo and i enjoyd the game, its too dark but i guese its supposed to be dark in a building that has kinda no power, h animations are nice indeed.

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I wonder if you're supposed to use the Molotov you get to reliably get through there, if it's a usable item.

Using the pipe puts you in danger of getting stun locked by the pollen forever and using your gun eats too much bullets for it to really work out, that and you're expected to get through there quickly with a seemingly endless amount of zombies spawning behind you.
Zombies never spawned behind me. Also thinking to use a pipe bomb on boxes when you're in a game that requires you to conserve everything you have is just insane.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Where in the fuck are the checkpoints. Is there a manual save or something? That is my number one no no in H games. I want to check out the H content, but I don't want to trudge back through the whole fucking level every time I surrender to see them. At least they checkpoint prior to adding a new enemy. Could be more frequent, however.

Last edited:

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Zombies never spawned behind me. Also thinking to use a pipe bomb on boxes when you're in a game that requires you to conserve everything you have is just insane.
It turns out you might have to, to set off the explosive barrel which will blow up all the boxes. You'll still have to probably run past those plant guys though.

Checkpoint is in the next room but it spawns you in a terrible spot. Expect to run through most of the room.

Also, maybe it's just me but shooting those explosive barrels makes the frame rate tank PRETTY HARD.

Lazka

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Where in the fuck are the checkpoints. Is there a manual save or something? That is my number one no no in H games. I want to check out the H content, but I don't want to trudge back through the whole fucking level every time I surrender to see them. At least they checkpoint prior to adding a new enemy. Could be more frequent, however.
hmm well... im just say, this game still in beta...
i think save not implement yet...
if this not in ur list... i think leave it for now.. till he implement save maybe?

ah about the game...
1. its too dark... i mean.. im must stare my monitor.. >.< and the light not too bright... yet its good enough for horror game... (but add little lamp in the way is better..)
2. the spawn in next area... room before boss.. u spawn in swarmin mobs :D really? its hard to not get hit.. but he add health near there...
3. some enemy make stun lock.... yea i think so before i found the way.. either u throw a grenade or shoot the lamp(it will drop and burning the near area)

well im just say its good enough >.< hope its release soon

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I can give it some leeway for it's beta status. It has some potential. I like the animations when I actually do get to see them.
I agree with the lighting for sure.
Swing speed could be faster or if your swing would actually hit two or more enemies when they're bunched up as they always are would be a nice change.
Enemy damage could be lessened, I suppose, to make it less frustrating.
Still some bugs that are game breaking. I got stuck in some crazy crouch jump animation and had to exit the game, voiding my progress.
I won't condemn it yet. I'll give it another go when the full version is out and I'm going to keep an eye on the blog to see what adjustments they make.

I need to step away from it for a bit to ease the frustration.

Last edited:

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Main complaints;

1) As everyone else said, extremely dark; can't even see the enemies later on in some rooms, so unfair damage to the player.

2) Inconsistent gameplay design; some of the zombies ignore you outright unless you fire on them, and some of them randomly attack you as you walk by them despite other ones not doing so even though they're doing the exact same thing, so it turns it into "need to shoot/kill everything" which doesn't work when the zombies catch up to you quickly, even when running, or "risk taking damage", which is never good gameplay design.

3) Getting fucked by the enemies only happens (as far as I've seen) when fully unclothed, which leaves you with one or two hits before you're dead, and some of the enemies only go into h-animations when they feel like it (not instantly once you're naked), making you basically hop/dodge around until they fuck you, which is never fun to do.

4) Jumping animation is really awkward, and SP doesn't go down on it during the jump animation itself (only for a bit at the start of the jump), so it's actually to your advantage to just jump as much as possible while running.

-------------------------------

Main pros:

1) Animation is obviously pretty nice, multiple positions during the one sex animation I saw with the zombies (tried to get the plant thing to fuck me to no avail, actually got knocked outside the door once i died, lol...)

2) Sound effects are decent

3) Couldn't find any significant bugs on first playthrough or so, so solid programming

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So, the last check point is two rooms away from the boss.

Due to a bug with enemies being stuck in their "Get Hit" animation sometimes when they're killed, it's possible to get stuck on the first phase of the boss fight from being unable to destroy both arms.

There's also another bug where you're stuck in your walking animation and thus, unable to regen stamina while idle, only being able to when you're walking or crawling.

It seems like it's possible to destroy the arms that attack you from the sides but you can only hit them with the pipe.

Otherwise, the boss seems to only have two animations from these pods it throws out and like some of the latter animations, they haven't had time to put voices in for them.

The boss is end of the demo according to the blog but it seems like it'll be hell to defeat, given how overwhelmed you get by everything it does on the second phase, I've yet to successfully defeat it yet. The game crashing doesn't help either and since the checkpoints aren't treated as saves, back to square one.

Oh well. I'll be looking forward to this regardless. Those tentacle animations from the boss were delicious.

Last edited:

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Main complaints;

2) Inconsistent gameplay design

3) Getting fucked by the enemies only happens (as far as I've seen) when fully unclothed, which leaves you with one or two hits before you're dead, and some of the enemies only go into h-animations when they feel like it (not instantly once you're naked), making you basically hop/dodge around until they fuck you, which is never fun to do.
if you look closely, the zombies that will attack on sight can be difereciated from the ones that stay still...

sex attack isn't random,its the dickjump for the zombie as an example and they tend to do it when the distance isn't too far or too close...

you are really picky about random behavior, it is not fun to predict what every enemy will do... look at terror games like outlast, you play scared for like 10 minutes and then you can basically run around the stage because you know that all enemies behave the same

mech01

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The part where there are zombies coming through a crack in the wall and the boxes made me just give up trying to play. There are tons of spores in the air which are nigh-impossible to see and keep you locked for long periods of time, threw the molotov hoping to hit the barrel, but it went further than I expected since you only have the one at that point in the game. Character's too big and too slow to avoid the spores, if you even see them at all. Bah, then on the 2nd attempt the molotov did blow up the barrel, only to have the spores make her walk into the flames and kill herself.

Sometimes when hitting zombies they don't enter hitstun, and immediately attack you instead with the swiping attack which is unavoidable. That needs to go.

There's a glitch where if you pick up clothes while in your pre-jump animation, the character will get stuck in that animation and not be able to take further action.

Last edited:

wootaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How did you beat the Boss? lol the stuff on the floor keeps interrupting my reload

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

How did you beat the Boss? lol the stuff on the floor keeps interrupting my reload
If you have the pipe equipped you can kick the floor pod things while crouched.

Honestly, the 2nd phase is worse when you now have arms camping both sides of the elevator that will occasionally reach into hit you along with the arm that still comes down to punch you.

You WILL get hit by the arms grabbing onto the elevator on the sides while trying to dodge the one that goes down to hit the center unless you have good timing to somehow dodge both simultaneously.You can attack the arms but you can only hit them with the pipe, and I'm not sure how many hits they take.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Where do you go after getting the gas-powered generator running?

By the way, it looks like you can carry a max of 3 gun reloads. That, plus the areas you can't revisit, encourages you to use bullets at least some of the time. I wish I'd known that before slogging through 4 areas with just the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.