What's new

Apple Inn[Safe Haven]

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score
Re: Apple Inn[Safe Haven]

After being rejected on this mission Emily wondered if there were anymore that were open right now. This place was very boring to her and she didn't really feel like staying in it.

"Hopefully we can get out of this place.... If not we could spar like you promised earlier."
She smiled at Iris at the last part. She wondered who would be better with a sword, Her or Iris?

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

Iris went to walk with Emily. Iris didn't care if she had to spar or do a mission or go to sleep. She was just happy to be around her friend. Iris then said-

" If we can't find a mission then we can spar. "

Iris went to go to the lobby...

(( So... Now what? Do we get to help in the mission Kayi is on? ))

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

(( Yeah I guess so... Although it's a mission Emily would be useless in I don't think anyone else is gonna sign up for it ))

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

(hey I exist)

Josie was overcome by her two new weapons, she couldn't help but feel powerful wielding two swords at once. Even as efficient as guns are, there was nothing like holding a large blade in your hands. Her eyes came back from her gaze when she realized, as good as she was with a knife, she was still pretty weak, and she needed to work on that before she could be any help to the other girls.

(Josie works out, focusing primarily on strength*)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Josie works out till she's got nothing left.

(Josie's stamina status: Red)

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenn walks about the inn, trying to find the following things, or make them if she can't find them. They're presented in the order she will seek to acquire the parts and make them, and she'll do as many as possible before turning in for the night.

The list of things:
1.) Some sort of bag, or even better a backpack.
Carrying things only your pockets is no fun.
2.) One or more needles, and thread.
Always useful to be able to patch a rip
3.) Spare cloth/rags (clothing torn beyond repair?)
Maybe to use as bandages, or slings. Or emergency pants. Always useful, emergency pants.
4.) Something to hold her rapier in on her person - a sheath, or any sort of make-shift rig to hold it at her hip.
Sometimes I'll want to use both hands without leaving it behind...
5.) A water bottle or skin.
I've done enough sports to know how hard it is to keep going when you're dehydrated
6.) A non-combat knife (she'll go back to the store and substitute a combat knife if she can't get a non-combat knife).
Sometimes a rapier isn't the best tool for the job...

(None of these strike me as particularly hard to find if they can be found at all, or hard to make, but with craft one and not great perception this might be a bit... ambitious? Or maybe not, who knows.)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

All survivors are given a backpack, for looting purposes.

The only needle and thread Jesse is aware of, belongs to a woman named Amy inside the hotel.

Anything useful is given to Jesse, making it easy for everyone to find what they might need.

Jenn always has a sheath for her rapier.

Survival rations include water.

There are no combat knifes left in stock.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(right... well then, time to get out there!)

Jenn considers further things she might need, and one springs to mind instantly.

Lockpicks... if we're going all anarchist, I need a set of lockpicks...

Jenn searches the inn for the things she'll need to make lockpicks. A wire coat hanger and a pair of pliers ought to do it.

(Also, she's totally going to go raid a house if I can't think of anything else I need that could reasonably exist in the inn unnoticed by the time you post...)

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(People who can lock pick always find a clever way to keep a lockpick on their person, even when stripped naked. You will always have a lockpick.)

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Having stepped back out into the main area of the hotel, Claire (who felt as though she'd been doing a lot of running back and forth lately!) went looking for the black and white-haired duo that she'd earlier been searching for...

However, upon asking one of the guards, she discovered that the pair were out again. Good God, they liked to get around town! Well, Claire could wait on their coming back to ask them about their bombing of a 'mother den'... for now, she was enjoying catching the links in her own personal little puzzle.

The redhead again climbed the stairs up onto the roof, calves and thighs achy but otherwise manageable. Now that it was growing later in the afternoon, she wondered how the women were doing up here... she wasn't exactly feeling at her peak, but if they needed a hand again, she was willing to lend one -- along with her sidearm!

To be truthful, Claire was curious to get a closer look at the man with the sniper rifle. She scanned the roof for him, staying a safe distance from the edge of the building.

((Hope it's okay to assume a guard noticed Emily and Iris going on? ^_^" If not, I can go back and revise things!))

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As Claire moved up to the man, he seemed to know she was there without looking at her,

"You need something?" he asked in a curious tone.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Claire stopped where she stood when the man addressed her. She cracked a grin at her own jumpiness, then settled on the roof a short, 'safe' distance from him.

"Yeah," she glanced his direction, taking in the haggard profile before she turned her attention out over the nearby rooftops again. "Well, no. Don't mind me. I came up here to see how the other women were doing," she bluffed... then continued, "and to see if I wasn't imagining things when I saw you earlier today, down in the lobby. You're the first man I've seen since the night before last, after all."

She peered down at the gravel between her feet where she was crouched, stirring it with her index finger as she found herself unable to completely contain her urge to fidget. "So, what's your name? The gals up here are treating you well, I hope."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As Claire finished, he fired his gun, the shot was surprisingly quieter than how she imagined a sniper shot should sound, but it still made a lot of noise.

"It's David." he said plainly, "And it's rather the opposite, the girls are taking advantage of my insomnia, and getting some much needed rest." he said as he took another shot when he finished.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Claire flinched as he fired the uncannily large rifle, doing so a second time even though she had her fingers to her ears. Working her jaw, as if popping her ears might help, she replied:

"Claire," just as simply. She didn't say anything for a while, instead roaming the roof-tops and spaces between with renewed interest. She hadn't seen anything when he let ring those shots! After a few minutes had passed, she began, "I heard you were holed up in the mall, but last I checked, they don't sell guns that big even in our fair country, not for post-apocalyptic looting, anyways."

She considered if implying a question around David was enough to get him to bite, then decided that it probably wasn't. He might be extremely perceptive of a person's presence, but she didn't really expect a man to make the same leap to conclusions that she was able to -- call it an old prejudice. "You're really good with that thing. Had it for a long time?" Her voice was friendly, though she tried to tone it down to the same distant, quiet tone the man was using. She didn't think he'd appreciate getting swamped with talk and questions... even if that's what she wanted to be doing!

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A moment after Claire asked her questions, David hesitated,

"I, uh... Found it." he said, adjusting himself a little as he stood, "Sniping is not that hard, all you need is muscle and breathing control."

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Claire turned to look at him full on, both brows raised as she recognized his hesitance for what she assumed was a half-truth, at best. Either he found the thing off of a corpse, or he'd taken it before the corpse was a corpse. Either way, she forced her attention back onto the cityscape. Staring at David made her uncomfortable.

"You've got what my friend has, then," she speculated, grinning wryly again. "Muscle and breathing control gave her the strength of ten, out there.

"...So it's not exactly the same thing, but she used the same technique to get the same kind of results." Claire shrugged stiffly. "How long until the ammo runs out? Unless the director has something up her sleeves, you're probably going to need some of us to go find more, God knows where."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"You've got what my friend has, then," she speculated, grinning wryly again. "Muscle and breathing control gave her the strength of ten, out there."

"I'm sure it was something else," he said with confidence.

"How long until the ammo runs out? Unless the director has something up her sleeves, you're probably going to need some of us to go find more, God knows where."

"I've got enough." he said as he then turned his head to look at Claire, making sure she knew he was looking at her dead on, "And I don't need the Director's help, nor do I want it." he spat, mostly at the mention of the Director.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Yeah, you and me both, at least for the wanting it," she nodded shortly, "if I had the guts and the... lucky breaks," she cast an eye at the barrel of his 'found' weapon, "to hole up on my own, I'd be doing it, too."

She tried to hold his gaze, but found it rather difficult. The only thing that helped her was the fact that he was blurry around the edges. Claire was still struggling to admit that she was going to have to go through life without another prescription set of glasses on the bedstand in the morning. "Those three girls must have had a good few words for you to want to abandon all of that." She would have asked him about what brought him out here, though she had a feeling that his vehemence about the director -- unexpected, but a little refreshing -- would cloud his answer. Time to back away from that.

"Tell me if you want me to go away," she suggested frankly, "or to stop talking for a while. Solitude's a blessing sometimes." She cocked her head, asking, "so were you alone in the mall the past couple of days, or is anyone still back that way?" She'd figured he was alone -- he looked like he'd lost too much sleep, was too haggard to have had anyone watching out for him. She realized that she'd been taking a few things for granted, having the safehaven around her.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Those three girls must have had a good few words for you to want to abandon all of that."
David shook his head,

"It wasn't them... Not exactly... They just reminded me of something I had forgotten..." he said as the hand holding the grip near the barrel of the gun made it's way to a heart shaped trinket that was hidden in his coat, and began to fidget with it.

He put his hand back on the grip as he returned the trinket to it's hiding place, "Yes... I was completely alone." he said as his face turned to stone again, and positioned himself back on the side of the building, taking three shots in fast succession.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

She waited for the silence to settle again, both from the gun and from the ringing in her ears. She was surprised the bastard hadn't gone half-deaf by now, she certainly felt as though she were losing her hearing!

"..." she'd opened her mouth, then closed it again. She'd seen him playing with that trinket, after all, but it had looked like an unconscious gesture, a personal one. "Who was it?" she finally asked, voice soft. If he wanted to pretend to ignore it, she'd poised it in such a way that it wouldn't be completely unlikely.