Apple Inn[Safe Haven]

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Apple Inn[Safe Haven]

Claire heard David exhale in surprise, his eye leaving the scope of the rifle, as silence took hold for some time,

His voice changed dramatically, as he spoke with strong emotion,

"Someone very dear to me." was all he said, as his eye returned to the scope, taking another shot.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Looking away, she hid a sad smile. There were worse things than getting tossed into this nightmare all alone, after all. Part of her was glad that she didn't have to experience that quite so first hand. The other part chided her for even thinking such a thing.

"I'm sorry," she murmured, hoping to allow him to settle. "At least they're in a better place." She shook her head, trying to think up something to liven the man's mood (and her own) and though she found the two of them stewing in silence and the occasional piercing noise of the rifle, she found she didn't mind it all that much. "Been keeping a tally?" she asked eventually, out of curiosity.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"At least they're in a better place-"
He cut her off, turning to her with an accusing look, shouting at her,

"Stop running your mouth about things you could never understand!" he shouted. Then, turning away from her as he placed his hand on his face, he said softly, "I-I... I didn't mean to... To lash at you like that, I'm sorry." he apologized.

After taking a few deep breaths, he placed his left eye back on the scope.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Startled by the ferociousness of his reaction, Claire visibly reeled on her heels a little. He was the one with the huge gun and the bulging temple-vein, after all!

She wasn't daunted, however, and the hammering in her chest was vaguely assuaged as he apologized.

"I'm sorry, David," she apologized back, voice meek. Then again, the man hadn't outright asked her to go away, so she didn't plan to leave him just yet. "Why don't you try me, though -- If you want an ear to listen instead of a motor mouth, I can provide." He did sound like he badly needed to vent. Claire remembered how Caitlyn had been so supportive the other day, and had (surprisingly, a little) found that she wanted to pass the support on.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Dr. Ritter enters the lobby and looks around for a moment before speaking up.

"I have a medkit and a knife and I know how to use them! Who wants to head out and gather some supplies?"

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

David responded bluntly,

"I've nothing to talk about." He said, taking another shot with the rifle.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Mm," Claire acceded. She probably should have expected as much. It was worth a try, anyways.

'I'll bet you don't, she thought to herself. 'I'll bet you've got quite the little snarl buried in the back of that head of yours.'

Not wanting to stroll into dangerous territory again, she asked, "are you taking the entire evening and night, then? I've heard that it gets quite bad once the sun sets." She would head back downstairs, soon, but she wanted to part on kinder words with the troubled man.

Last edited:
OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I'll be here, I've dealt with the nocturnal ones before." he said simply.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Claire smiled at him, though she remained wary for any other outbursts.

"Look, I'll leave you alone now, David. Thanks for humoring me," she rose to her feet, brushing her thighs and knees off by force of habit. "You're doing a fine job up here," and by that, she was giving an understatement! "Shout if you need something -- even if the director acts like a tool, a lot of the women here supportive of one another... well, you know." She was sure he'd gotten this speech already from the guards that he'd relieved. "Good night," she told him, raising a hand slightly before turning to go.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Night." he said to her as she left, firing another shot.

As Claire left, his hand reached back for the trinket, holding it passionately in his hand, "I'll never forget again... I promise... I'll put an end to it, this time." he said quietly, then returned to shooting at the monsters attempting to climb the building.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

River hit the stairwell to go to the bedrooms, safely out of sight of her two companions, and changed course, heading instead for the Director's room. Once there, she knocks gently, waiting for a response.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A long moment goes by, then the door opens slowly, the Director peering at River through the opened portion of it, not saying a word as she stares at River expectantly with bloodshot eyes.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

River looks back, a compassionate smile hesitantly crossing her face.

"Hey there, um, thanks." She says, holding up her mended pants, then stops for a second, reconsidering what she was about to do, but went along with it anyways. "Look, do you need someone to talk to? I've... I've had that look on my face before, staaring down the side of a really tall building, considering doing something rather permanent." She says, shrugging a little.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Staring at River, she waited until she finished talking, then replied, "It's not me who's jumping... It's who I've pushed off..." she said, closing the door.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Amy, wait." River says, too late. She speaks up, trying to be heard through the door. "Everyone has their reasons, I still know what toeing the line looks like..." She sighs, then adds one more thing before walking off herself.

"Just... Don't do anything rash, alright? Some people don't think it, but we still need you around here..."

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There was no response from Amy's room. The only thing that answered River was the quiet ring of silence...

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Jenn has decided that she's going to loot a nearby house, making a special lookout for clothing and anything with a lock on it. Normally she wouldn't consider seeking help, but she remembers how once possessed Jess had overpowered her...

She walks into the common room of the inn and quietly hints that she wouldn't mind some help.

"Hey, if anyone's interested I'm going to be checking out a house to see if there's anything useful left behind."

She knows there's not terribly much time before dark, so she won't wait long...

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Returning from the roof, thoughts mulling around in the back of her head, Claire noticed River standing outside of the Director's office, concern on her face. Though she didn't know much about River (save that she seemed capable of bending in ways that Claire rather envied), the ex-librarian did know that River had gone out with Caitlyn this morning.

An expectant thrill shot through her, though Claire managed to quelch the feeling. She nodded to River.

"You're back... is everything alright?" asked she. She glanced toward the stairs to the lobby, wondering if Caitlyn had come this way already. She also glanced back to the Director's door, her vision of acrid smoke and Shiva's clash still quite clear in the back of her mind. There were strong feelings flying everywhere around this Inn... Something needed to snap, Claire idly thought.

((March of the redheads. XD))

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

Caitlyn makes her way up the stairs, smiling when she spots Claire.

"We're both fine," she nods, "Unfortunately, we couldn't find much in the way of weapons or ammunition. Both of the gun stores that we visited had been looted already. I was going to try asking around to the others and see if anybody had some idea who else might be after large supplies of weapons.

"We did manage to grab some extra first aid supplies and a couple of knives," she pauses and then grins, "And we found a liquor store that wasn't totally empty."

"Have you been okay? What has been happening around here while we were gone?"

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(If there's nobody else beating down the doors to get out, Jenn will go out on her own, she's not going to start begging people to help)