What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Apple Soft/アップルソフト]Sera & Noel ~ The Whereabouts of the Captive Princess ~/セラ&ノエル~囚われしプリンセスの行方~(RJ287158)

Thedeadly

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Expected Release: Late July 2020
1589131139216.png

A new game from Apple Soft, a favored circle of mine. The two fem MCs remind me a lot of a Tale of two swords from enuemu and I hope that it'll be just as good as that title as well. Their last work was really good.
Tags:

Story:
Our setting takes place in Grandor this time around. A very peaceful country which has recently lost it's heir to the throne, the princess. She was taken away by our typical suspect, the newly resurrected Demon King. The demon king isn't at full strength yet so Sera, Noel and Oyaji form a team to get her back.

Gameplay: Standard RPGM stuff. This feels pretty similar to their last game in terms of moving around the world. A few tidbits from dlsite reveal that there is CR present in battle. "Infinite" battle rape on loss, bosses seem to have GOR. Both characters have a standing picture during battle (Sera and Noel). It is possible to do a virgin clear. It's voiced which is always a plus. And comes with message skip, move speed change, says there is no true game over. As well as other features. As well as regular H scenes with NPCs there are molestation scenes which are treated as mini events.
In battle you have HP MP TP and AP. The first 3 are standard, the last is Armor Points and when that hits 0 your armor breaks. CR can occur before and after this and will give you an arrow key QTE to break free.

Controls:
Ctrl/W: Skip Text
Shift: Hide Text window
Q: Backlog of text displayed.
Arrow Keys to move
Mouse clicks work on menu and movement.
Z to confirm
X to cancel or open menu.
I have not found a way to swap overworld sprite heroine. I assume mini events target whoever is standing first in line.

Last edited:

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I hope the circle can bring something interesting from their previous experiences.

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
This Oyaji intrigues me.

The password to unlock everything in the Rec Room is 2020.

OP
Thedeadly

Thedeadly

Demon Girl
Reputation score
1594797441279.png
An update back in june on the ci-en page said they were about 95% done and the remaining things to be done were seemingly minor tasks. Don't foresee any hiccups or delays approaching the late july release date.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Thedeadly

Thedeadly

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Games done, submitted to Dlsite it seems.
They posted dates saying 7/25 - 8/1

makko77

Reputation score
Man i've been waiting for the release since the demo were out, didn't expect the game to be out this early.
He had to compete with Summer Memories append release too that's gonna be tough

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
First, try renaming the folder name so there no japanese Symobl or syntax to the exe location.

If it still fail, try moving the game folder directly to the desktop.

If it fail again, then you either screwed a file name by extracting the archive without using Japanese local setting (switch or emulate, there dozens of website telling how to or even thread in this forum) OR - rare case - the dev screw up the coding or forgot to put the missing file, and you need to wait for an update of the game.

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Well Textractor seems to be failing spectacularly at hooking this game. Barely sets any hooks into it for some reason, and the only output I get is this gibberish: "てい28px UD デジタル 教科書体 NP-R,Klee,GameFontる28px UD Digital Textbook Body NP-R,Klee,GameFont".
Time to guess my way through this game I suppose.

Edit: Played it for about two hours. Luckily, it's incredibly straight forward, so playing it without translations is really simple.

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Game released, thread moved to Hgames.

OP
Thedeadly

Thedeadly

Demon Girl
Reputation score
It's hit the cat site for all you patient people out there.

Morkor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Well Textractor seems to be failing spectacularly at hooking this game. Barely sets any hooks into it for some reason, and the only output I get is this gibberish: "てい28px UD デジタル 教科書体 NP-R,Klee,GameFontる28px UD Digital Textbook Body NP-R,Klee,GameFont".
Time to guess my way through this game I suppose.

Edit: Played it for about two hours. Luckily, it's incredibly straight forward, so playing it without translations is really simple.
This is an RPG Maker MV game and the javascript hooks are pretty terrible.
You need to patch the game with this: https://ulmf.org/threads/rpgmakermvgame-hook-patcher-how-to-hook-rpg-maker-mv-games.8960/
And then set textractor to read from clipboard.

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Yeah, it typically ain't great but this is the first time that it hasn't worked for me, apart for games with constantly updating clocks and shit. Biggest reason I liked Textractor was specifically because I didn't need to use that plugin you just linked. Nothing wrong with it, just more tedious than simply starting Textractor.

KmonX123

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
boi the games all good and all but dang takes time... stupid large HP pools... needs much potions...

Sangoku25

Tentacle God
Reputation score
has anyone found out how to change the heroines?
I've already tried it, can't find it out ^^