What's new

[WIP - Full] Arle the Sorceress: I'm Smarter Than This! Why Is This Happening!? [Dieselmine] (RJ146914/RE146914) Translation

Frostlax

H Programmer
Reputation score
fdsfsdfsb.png

Also i would recommend you to add brackets to text without speaker, just so they get line up properly.

Right below are my setting for the rulers and... uh also disable the word wrap on the View tab.
ffsddfdsf.png

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Thanks. I downloaded it, and the rulers were looking good, but the variable lengths of the speaker's names, which are apparently included in the line figure count, so that kind of threw it off. Also, I was editing for about an hour and a pop-up came that said I had to pay for a licensed copy, and it wouldn't let me save until I'd bought a license. I guess I'll be sticking with Notepad for now.

But, at least I got some progress achieved this afternoon!

Frostlax

H Programmer
Reputation score
Thanks. I downloaded it, and the rulers were looking good, but the variable lengths of the speaker's names, which are apparently included in the line figure count, so that kind of threw it off. Also, I was editing for about an hour and a pop-up came that said I had to pay for a licensed copy, and it wouldn't let me save until I'd bought a license. I guess I'll be sticking with Notepad for now.

But, at least I got some progress achieved this afternoon!
No dude, sublime its free.its just ask once in a while if you want to buy a licence to help the proyect. Just close it and continue using it.
About the un even spacing, just add or remove spaces and u are good to go.

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
No dude, sublime its free.its just ask once in a while if you want to buy a licence to help the proyect. Just close it and continue using it.
About the un even spacing, just add or remove spaces and u are good to go.
Oh. Well, time to reinstall it, I guess!

qwerxzvcasdf

Reputation score
Offtopic Discussion - Game discussion in Translation section
[Dieselmine] Madoushi Aruru ~Tensai no Atashi ga, Nande Konna Me ni!?~
[ディーゼルマイン] 魔導士アルル~天才のアタシが、なんでこんな目に!?~

Here its name for those that want look cg.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
@hewhocumsbynight Ah, you've been working on Dieselmine titles as well? (Goofing around with Cumblade Reina myself)

I see you're also annoyed with that SL file font limit forcing the line breaks, I've been trying to bust that so far with no avail, leading often to more than few VA's being spoken over wrong dialogues as result, causing me to drop out moans and such in order to avoid that. (Not like those need translation to begin with, quite universal if you ask me.)

I just wish that Dieselmine hadn't used this infuriating imbedded script system, and had opted to use common events like normal people. It would've made the translation way easier, and the finished product would look way nicer.
Its present in all of their rpgmaker vxa/mv games unfortunately, been pain in the ass to deal with it, tbh, Elise's vengeance was not as bad in that regard as Arle is, having short spoke lines over the long one's Arle has.

Best way to cope would be reconstruct the scenes within the editor on the common events, but just doing one scene would take hours to complete, over the regular SL file translation, not to mention decrypting all those image assets so the editor can read those.

sigh.gif

Last edited:
OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Honestly, I've come to terms with the issue. I translate as best I can, and then I play through the scene, editing whenever the line is too long or if the sounds no longer line up with the dialogue. It does take a long time, but I like the end-product.

I'm just trying to start a master's program, while applying to jobs. It's just leaving me with very little emotional energy or interest to work on my translation projects.

Icevail

Lurker
Reputation score
Honestly, I've come to terms with the issue. I translate as best I can, and then I play through the scene, editing whenever the line is too long or if the sounds no longer line up with the dialogue. It does take a long time, but I like the end-product.

I'm just trying to start a master's program, while applying to jobs. It's just leaving me with very little emotional energy or interest to work on my translation projects.
Yeah, have to get creative with some long ass lines, can't write half of the stuff, said or written properly at times.
I tried doing the scene reconstruction in "After rain" and boy, it took hours just to finish with one scene type with its 1~4 or more alterations, and there was what, like +25 of those scenes in total.
Needless to say I said fuck it, I'll stick with SL file format over reconstruction.

Good luck with the job hunt, ain't easy with corona messing everything up.

Sblade

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Hello

Arle the Sorceress has been one of my favourite games, I never saw one full translation, game is voiced, art is good, game has various endings.... this is a jewel, you have my thanks , keep it up

Sblade

Demon Girl
Reputation score
just in case you are still around, this is one of the best H games I´ve played and would be nice Santa gift if we have a translation...

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
just in case you are still around, this is one of the best H games I´ve played and would be nice Santa gift if we have a translation...
I'm still working on it. There's no way that I can release a full translation any time soon, but I'm almost done translating all the events in the forest. I'm sorry, but I'm both a grad student and lazy, so it's difficult to get shit done. Still, you can expect a release by Christmas.

Mister_cat

Reputation score
Hey man, sorry if I'm sounding like a choosing beggar, but are there any other ways of downloading, since I hit my limit MB with Mega.

By the way, played the version until you complete the first dungeon, great work. really appreciatte what you are doing man.

OP
hewhocumsbynight

hewhocumsbynight

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey man, sorry if I'm sounding like a choosing beggar, but are there any other ways of downloading, since I hit my limit MB with Mega.

By the way, played the version until you complete the first dungeon, great work. really appreciatte what you are doing man.
Here you go: